EB Games: 2 used games for $20/$30/$40

eswat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
This has been going on for a couple days I think, but nobody mentioned it here yet.

Can get any 2 used games priced under $15 for $20, $20 for $30, or $25 for $40, so pretty much saving $10 off a purchase if you get the highest-valued games.

Yeah, not as good as RV's 2 for $40. But RVs selection here is garbage during those deals, so I took a bite (got Prey and Warpath).

I only noticed the banners for this deal at the EB near my work, but not at the one near my home, so YMMV?

Awesome thanks for the heads up, I'll stop by after work. I've been wanting to get a couple older games

is there any site I can see the price of used games at EB?

I'm not too sure if there's a site, as sometimes the same game will sell for different prices (even in the same store).

[quote name='mrelusive']Can get any 2 used games priced under $15 for $20, $20 for $30, or $25 for $40, so pretty much saving $10 off a purchase if you get the highest-valued games.[/quote]

Remember kids, if you aren't getting the highest values your Edge card may get you a better price. The discounts don't stack. And definitely don't take the 2/$20 if you're buying games worth less than $20. I've seen EB clerks do it to customers :applause:

[quote name='ragnar14'] And definitely don't take the 2/$20 if you're buying games worth less than $20. I've seen EB clerks do it to customers :applause:[/quote]

I'm confused. Can you elaborate?

[quote name='TheBigBoi']I'm not too sure if there's a site, as sometimes the same game will sell for different prices (even in the same store).[/quote]
just have the wrong price on the tag, its all the same price in the computer.

[quote name='Kekumba']I thought there were bins that are labeled 2/$20, 2/$30, 2/$40, and nothing else works?[/QUOTE]
You can pick any game from the used shelves. They just got to have the applicable values.

You might need to remind the clerk about the deal also. I almost got hit with $30 until I pointed at the bin.

so how do you tell what goes into the 2 for 20, 2 for 30 and 2 for 40 category

my local eb only had a bunch of controllers on top of the games in the 2 for 30 bin, didn't see any other bins

[quote name='TheBigBoi']I'm confused. Can you elaborate?[/quote]

EXAMPLE:

I picked out a number of games from the 2 for $20 bin. All the games I picked out were $9.98. The lady behind the counter said that I can't use my Edge card on top of these discounts. I told her that means the 2 for $20 promo is pointless in this case as those particular games were already $9.98 apiece. So she said that I could use my Edge card if she rung them up separately (it was still all on one receipt, though).

[quote name='S-Wind']EXAMPLE:

I picked out a number of games from the 2 for $20 bin. All the games I picked out were $9.98. The lady behind the counter said that I can't use my Edge card on top of these discounts. I told her that means the 2 for $20 promo is pointless in this case as those particular games were already $9.98 apiece. So she said that I could use my Edge card if she rung them up separately (it was still all on one receipt, though).[/quote]

So this way your not even using the 2/20$ promo, which wouldn't give you as much a discount in this situation.

[quote name='GeorgeC']so how do you tell what goes into the 2 for 20, 2 for 30 and 2 for 40 category

my local eb only had a bunch of controllers on top of the games in the 2 for 30 bin, didn't see any other bins[/QUOTE]
Used games $14.99 or lower can be purchased for $20, used games $19.99 or lower can be purchased for $30, and used games $24.99 or lower can be purchases for $40. The amount of savings you get depends on the value of the games, so it's in your best interest to find games you want that are also near or at max value for a tier.

If you can't find any games you want to take advantage of the full or near $10 savings, then don't bother.

No. I think some stores ran out tickets a few days early, but the last day for them was like the 7th or 8th. If anybody still has a movie ticket it says the last day on the back.

Also if anybody still hasn't sent them out, get on it!! They have to be sent by the 15th or they're void.

bread's done
Back