NY Islanders @ Colorado
Columbus @ St. Louis
NY Rangers @ Dallas
Philadelphia @ Detroit
New Jersey @ Los Angeles
Toronto @ Montreal
San Jose @ Phoenix

--------------------------------

here's the list of who's in the league and what team they have (XBL gamer tag is listed second):

atlanta thrashers - eddiebelfour (Nick Zero)
boston bruins - dafoomie (Dafoomie)
calgary flames - zewone (zewone)
colorado avalanche - stevemcq (MSBphilin)
columbus blue jackets - ultimate matt x (ultimate matt x)
dallas stars - bkrobson (bkrobson)
detroit red wings - radjago (radjago)
los angeles kings - kingdox (kingdox)
montreal canadiens - meth (xMETHx)
new jersey devils - ajh2298 (ajh2298)
new york islanders - seebelow (seebelow)
new york rangers - repetske (silencer)
philadelphia flyers - cheapyd (cheapyd)
phoenix coyotes - TJordan522 (NJDevilsFan)
san jose sharks - bigdirty (eldirty)
st louis blues - thatstoobad (thatstoobad)
tampa bay lightening - gomer1andonly (gomer v1)
toronto maple leafs - flybrione (bigmes)

here's the league site: CAGHL 2: Turbo

anything to hear that ping...

id like buffalo- could we keep fighting on? if its lowered a bit you wont see many hossa's or satan's getting in beefs, but you will see your fighters go at, which is as important to hockey as a goalie, since winning a fight can really swing the momentum.

I want in. Colorado if I could.

Couldn't contact my opponent week 1 in the CAG league and I already played the second week. Waiting for the third week to go through.

Please keep it on no fighting. Fighting is so awful in this game. Give me Blades of Steel anytime in that department.

[quote name='WildWop']Please keep it on no fighting. Fighting is so awful in this game. Give me Blades of Steel anytime in that department.[/quote]

i really dont think it's that bad. i cant tell you how many times a games entire outome has been completely affected by one fight- but thats fine. all star setting then? bah.

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='WildWop']Please keep it on no fighting. Fighting is so awful in this game. Give me Blades of Steel anytime in that department.[/quote]

i really dont think it's that bad. i cant tell you how many times a games entire outome has been completely affected by one fight- but thats fine. all star setting then? bah.[/quote]

And that's why putting stock in an awful fighting mechanic is not a good idea. Plus that turbo boost for winning a fight is just icing on the garbage pile.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='WildWop']Please keep it on no fighting. Fighting is so awful in this game. Give me Blades of Steel anytime in that department.[/quote]

i really dont think it's that bad. i cant tell you how many times a games entire outome has been completely affected by one fight- but thats fine. all star setting then? bah.[/quote]

And that's why putting stock in an awful fighting mechanic is not a good idea. Plus that turbo boost for winning a fight is just icing on the garbage pile.[/quote]

you can turn it off, you dropping the gloves or what? :wink:

you really think its that bad? i've had some great fights, i think its fairly innovative and when AHL2006 comes out next year, the engine will be perfect

ok, we've already got 7 people. we just need five more.

i prefer to keep fighting off, it usually ends up being an annoyance more than anything else.

i'll update the original post.

I know the feeling about wanting to get a big league in Cheapy. I figured that with your league getting enough people for a full one that the NBA leauge would fill up too. Oh, well, this one should work out better and I've already set up for a 12 person NBA2k5 league so I guess we'll see how these work in the end.

I'll join in as Dallas. We had a thread on the league website too about this possibilty so i'm sure we can get the other 4 committed players needed. If whoever had dallas before decides to join i'll take toronto or LA instead.

I'll play as the Blue Jackets. Well I might be another team, but I'll join. Can't reallly play for a day or so because I didn't bring a cord for my box with me.

anybody have any ideas for the name of the league?

here's the few i've been thinking of:

-CAGHL: TE
-CAGIHA
-CAGHL Tactics
-CAGHL x12 #Reload
-CAGHL II Turbo
-CAG Hockey League
-CAGHL All Stars

i'll probably just randomly pick one tomorrow and create the league.

How 'bout CAG-you-all-better-play-your-games-in-time-or-you'll-get-booted-and-have-a-pack-of-rabid-dogs-chew-off-your-genitals League?

It's got a nice ring to it.

Can we make sure we include those from the original league that we know will play their games, such as dafoomie?

Damn I played all my games before and I don't get a nod? Damn I realy liked the online league thing too.

[quote name='CheapyD']Can we make sure we include those from the original league that we know will play their games, such as dafoomie?[/quote]

word, he was into it- even if he is a red sox fan- is the number of people in the leauge flexible? or does it go from 12 to 30?

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='CheapyD']Can we make sure we include those from the original league that we know will play their games, such as dafoomie?[/quote]

word, he was into it- even if he is a red sox fan- is the number of people in the leauge flexible? or does it go from 12 to 30?[/quote]

i'm pretty sure we can have any number of teams, so long as it's an even number. i'll look through and send some people PMs about this league (including dafoomie), and we can plan on a 16 team league, with the top 8 making the playoffs.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='CheapyD']Can we make sure we include those from the original league that we know will play their games, such as dafoomie?[/quote]

word, he was into it- even if he is a red sox fan- is the number of people in the leauge flexible? or does it go from 12 to 30?[/quote]

i'm pretty sure we can have any number of teams, so long as it's an even number. i'll look through and send some people PMs about this league (including dafoomie), and we can plan on a 16 team league, with the top 8 making the playoffs.[/quote]

we dont want to make anyone mad. lorik also is a cool dude, even though he beat me in a 1-0 game where kippy was on point in net.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i'm pretty sure we can have any number of teams, so long as it's an even number. i'll look through and send some people PMs about this league (including dafoomie), and we can plan on a 16 team league, with the top 8 making the playoffs.[/quote]

ok, i sent dafoomie and lorik PMs (and dafoomie is in now, by the way), if anyone else thinks there should be someone in this league who isn't yet, send them a PM and let them know about it.

Thanks for the PM.

Whats the deal with the rosters you start out with in the league anyway? I noticed theres a few players in the game that you don't get in a league. Is that automatic?

Not a complaint, just curious. I dunno how the league setup stuff works. Probably just the lowest rated players on each team get left off, I'm guessing.

[quote name='dafoomie']Thanks for the PM.

Whats the deal with the rosters you start out with in the league anyway? I noticed theres a few players in the game that you don't get in a league. Is that automatic?

Not a complaint, just curious. I dunno how the league setup stuff works. Probably just the lowest rated players on each team get left off, I'm guessing.[/quote]

yeah i noticed that too, pretty wack. i was dissapointed i couldnt use fedor fedorov with the canucks, he was one of the main reasons i chose to use that team.

Hey Guys please don't count me out. I played both of my games for the league and would still want to participate in a new league.

[quote name='zewone']If you still need more players I'm intrested. If you know me from any of the other CAG leagues I play my games. Let me know if I can get in thanks.[/quote]

yeah, i know you're definitely good to play your games. what team do you want?

ok, here's a bit of an update:

i threw lorik and zewone into the mix, they just have to pick their teams.

i switched to the st. louis blues, since nobody has chosen them yet. the oilers are now open.

is there anyone else we're leaving out? if not, i'll create the league later.

If it's not too late I want in, Kingdox and I would like to be the kings.

I played all my games in the last league, I'm legit.

[quote name='bkrobson']If we happen to get all of a weeks games in early, does that allow the next set of games to start?[/quote]

Yes, the league admin just needs to give the go ahead once all games in that week are played.

Give my spot to dafoomie, i think he wants to join in.

Sorry about that. Have fun guys :)

[quote name='METH']Give my spot to dafoomie, i think he wants to join in.

Sorry about that. Have fun guys :)[/quote]

dafoomie is already in. so are you. you don't have to drop, unless you want to.

i'll set up the league this evening. to lorik, bigdirty and zewone: please choose which teams you want from the remaining.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='METH']Give my spot to dafoomie, i think he wants to join in.

i'll set up the league this evening. to lorik, bigdirty and zewone: please choose which teams you want from the remaining.[/quote]

[quote name='BigDirty']
If that last spot is still open, I'll take San Jose.

gtag ElDirty[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='METH']Give my spot to dafoomie, i think he wants to join in.

i'll set up the league this evening. to lorik, bigdirty and zewone: please choose which teams you want from the remaining.[/quote]

[quote name='BigDirty']
If that last spot is still open, I'll take San Jose.

gtag ElDirty[/quote]
:lol:[/quote]

well that answers that question. oops.

Wow! I got screwed big time...

First all the people i've invited to "my" new league are now joining this one.

Then dropped my spot here, to realize everyone is back here again. Damn, now i just hope this league folds after to games so i can join the new league in a few weeks.

Let me know if you guys have an open spot.

Thanks

[quote name='METH']Wow! I got screwed big time...

First all the people i've invited to "my" new league are now joining this one.

Then dropped my spot here, to realize everyone is back here again. Damn, now i just hope this league folds after to games so i can join the new league in a few weeks.

Let me know if you guys have an open spot.

Thanks[/quote]

i sent you a PM about this, but i want to make sure you aren't confused, so i'll post here too:

you are still in the league. we made extra room for more players, so you never had to drop, and i never took your name off of the list. as of right now, you are still in the league as the montreal canadiens.

if there's any problems, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back