NFL 2007 Season Thread

Chitown021

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
We're just a couple weeks away from the season kickoff. The main question for the defending NFC champion Chicago Bears: Can Grossman be consistent?

There's that and how many weeks before Bear fans scream to have Thomas Jones back. Curtis Enis II isn't going to hack it.

Of course the Packers are trying to be the Broncos of the NFC. Has anyone outside of WI heard of any of the Packers RBs?

I have a feeling NFC North = NL Central

I'm bored so I'll post my playoff predictions:

Division Champs: Pats, Ravens, Colts, Chargers, Eagles, Packers, Saints, Rams

Wild Card: Bengals, Broncos, Cowboys, Panthers

My prediction: Bears will struggle all season without a worthy QB and the Packers will ride their defence all the way into the Playoffs!

Ravens will win the trophy this year. With McGahee they will be unstoppable on both sides of the ball.

J-E-T-S

Fully expecting another playoff berth for my Jets this year, especially now that we have a stable running back.

[quote name='klwillis45']There's that and how many weeks before Bear fans scream to have Thomas Jones back.[/QUOTE]

After he limped off the field with a high-ankle sprain for the Jets already? And for all the complaints about Rex Grossman, last year was his first full year playing. From 03-05 he started 7 games and played 8 total. Last year he started all 16. While he had his absolutely MISERABLE times, when he was good, he was really good. The addition of Olsen as another quick reciever will give him some help.

How about Trent Green getting booed off the field? Wasn't that great? I have a feeling the Dolphins and the Falcons will be this year's Raiders and Lions of last year.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']After he limped off the field with a high-ankle sprain for the Jets already? And for all the complaints about Rex Grossman, last year was his first full year playing. From 03-05 he started 7 games and played 8 total. Last year he started all 16. While he had his absolutely MISERABLE times, when he was good, he was really good. The addition of Olsen as another quick reciever will give him some help.

How about Trent Green getting booed off the field? Wasn't that great? I have a feeling the Dolphins and the Falcons will be this year's Raiders and Lions of last year.[/QUOTE]
The Dolphins did finish 6-10 last year. Not that this is a good record but nowhere near the Raiders or Lions. And there QBs in 06 were.....Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon. I think with Green they have a shot to go 9-7. I agree with the Falcons being terrible this year though.

And on Grossman, yes he was up and down, but the QB position is about consistency and performing well in the big game which he did not. Olsen is a good but unproven target. I think you will see the same kind of season from Grossman as last year. Personally I think he is not that talented. Chicago will have to rely on there running game and defense like usual.

[quote name='ninju D']My prediction: Bears will struggle all season without a worthy QB and the Packers will ride their defence all the way into the Playoffs!

Ravens will win the trophy this year. With McGahee they will be unstoppable on both sides of the ball.[/QUOTE]
Wow you think McGahee makes them unstoppable on offense?!? I still don't see a huge pass attack from them. Mcghaee averaged 3.8 yards a carry last year to Jamal Lewis's 3.6. So to me not a huge upgrade. Plus Mcnair is getting old. They will be good but unstoppable on offense, I think that was going a little overboard.

AFC Division Champs: Patriots, Ravens, Chargers, Jaguars.
AFC Wild Card: Colts, Jets.

NFC Division Champs: Bears, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles.
NFC Wild Card: 49ers, Panthers.

[quote name='Silencer']J-E-T-S

Fully expecting another playoff berth for my Jets this year, especially now that we have a stable running back.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah.

However, last year I think the Jets had a pretty easy schedule, but this year I think they are better as a team. Lets see what happens. As long as Pennington stays healthy...

[quote name='klwillis45']Yahoo has their pick em and survival pools up. (hint, hint)[/QUOTE]

This will be more fun, I promise. There will be prize(s).

[quote name='DomLando']Wow you think McGahee makes them unstoppable on offense?!? I still don't see a huge pass attack from them. Mcghaee averaged 3.8 yards a carry last year to Jamal Lewis's 3.6. So to me not a huge upgrade. Plus Mcnair is getting old. They will be good but unstoppable on offense, I think that was going a little overboard.[/quote]

I know how this is going to sound, but you can't look at McGahee's stats from last year. The bills had almost no passing game, and a crappy O-line. He was lucky to get almost 4 per carry. Lewis was dead on his feet last year, he hasn't been on form for a few seasons now.
As for McNair, he doesn't need to be Superman, just accurate. He's got another year in the system and more legit weapons on offense than any other team I can think of. They could put Joey H in there and get to the playoffs (sorry ATL, I had to go there).
Indy got lucky last year, it was their time and they earned it, but the best team last year in the AFC was the Chargers with the Ravens close behind them. This year is all Ravens!

[quote name='ninju D']I know how this is going to sound, but you can't look at McGahee's stats from last year. The bills had almost no passing game, and a crappy O-line. He was lucky to get almost 4 per carry. Lewis was dead on his feet last year, he hasn't been on form for a few seasons now.
As for McNair, he doesn't need to be Superman, just accurate. He's got another year in the system and more legit weapons on offense than any other team I can think of. They could put Joey H in there and get to the playoffs (sorry ATL, I had to go there).
Indy got lucky last year, it was their time and they earned it, but the best team last year in the AFC was the Chargers with the Ravens close behind them. This year is all Ravens![/QUOTE]
I do think Mcgahee gives them an upgrade has a RB out of the backfield that can receive but I still don't think the Ravens are even close to unstoppable on offense. He has more legit weapons then Indy? Then Cincy? I don't know about that. As for Indy getting lucky I would also have to question that. There defense stepped it up big time when they needed to and of course there offense played well.

According to Ben Maller's NFL Rumors on FOXSports, there might be talks between the Cardinals and the Vikings in sending Kurt Warner up to Minnesota. Thoughts?

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']According to Ben Maller's NFL Rumors on FOXSports, there might be talks between the Cardinals and the Vikings in sending Kurt Warner up to Minnesota. Thoughts?[/quote]

That would help both teams (even if the Vikes sent a scrub) plus it would mean that Warner would get to start again so he is probably very happy

[quote name='Silencer']Do we have enough interest for a 3rd Fantasy Football League?
I'd like to keep it small (10 max).[/QUOTE]

theres thousands of members, im sure you could find another 10

[quote name='ninju D']My prediction: Bears will struggle all season without a worthy QB and the Packers will ride their defence all the way into the Playoffs!

Ravens will win the trophy this year. With McGahee they will be unstoppable on both sides of the ball.[/quote]

What the Packers winning the NFC North? You are definitely a homer that's for sure! Even if the Bears struggle they still have enough talent to take their weak ass division.

[quote name='Silencer']Do we have enough interest for a 3rd Fantasy Football League?
I'd like to keep it small (10 max).[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you do it on ESPN and have a live draft.

Yikes! I was hoping maybe Rex the Wonder Dog would've improved in the off season. One pick and 3 fumbles. Lovie Smith had better be ready to go to Greise!

[quote name='DJSteel']big ben is back 100% expect a decent season from the 5 time champs[/quote]

Hells yeah. Everybody seems to be sleeping on Pitt this year, having them finish behind the Bengals and such. This year I think it's realistic for them to get 8 wins out of their first 10 games. They just have to start fast rather than finish fast this year. I think Coach T's new approach will help that.

[quote name='doubledown']Detroit Lions: 13-3 ;)

They will just keep scoring, expect some 42-35 scores :D

Run and Shoot baby.[/QUOTE]

I expect them to remain the laughing stock of the NFL and be closer to 3-13 by seasons end. Blaming injuries and bad luck. They will also adopt the Benny Hill Theme song to be played during the last two minutes of every home game.

It's a day or two old, but Adam Schein wrote an interesting article about the New York Giants and the Tiki Barber/Eli Manning controversy (Barber blaming Manning for not being a leader and Eli firing back at Tiki and so on and so forth). He believes that Tiki actually had a legit complaint against Eli.

I'd have to agree with him. The Giants seem to move attention away from their inconsistent QB and focus on a number of other things (like Tiki, Strahan, and the oh-so-wonderful leadership of Tom Coughlin (/sarcasm) ).

So I guess the question should be, Is Eli Manning's career safe with the Giants or will they trade him out within the next couple of years? If he does get moved, what team might want him?

49ers will win the division this season.

Eli isn't going anywhere in the next couple of years.

Raiders will continue to suck.

The Raiders will battle the Chiefs for last place in the AFC West. Eli had better improve or he's outta there.

As far as the Bears I really hope Lovie doesn't do this "Rex is my QB" crap again this year. If he keeps playing like he did Monday night put Greise in there for God's sake! Hell even the 3rd stringer Orton would be better. He played OK for us in 2005. He wasn't great as a rookie but he HUNG ONTO THE BALL!!

Go Vikes!
I'm just hoping for my boys to go 8-8 this year...

Predictions:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Chargers
AFC South: Colts
Wildcards: Broncos, Steelers

NFC North: Bears
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers
Wildcards: Eagles, Seahawks

[quote name='Azumangaman']Go Vikes!
I'm just hoping for my boys to go 8-8 this year...

Predictions:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Ravens
AFC West: Chargers
AFC South: Colts
Wildcards: Broncos, Steelers

NFC North: Bears
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Saints
NFC West: 49ers
Wildcards: Eagles, Seahawks[/quote]

this is basically how I see the season going. the only thing I see that might change is the broncos if Cutler doesn't pan out. Of course the team is pretty good around him so he should be fine

I'd like to keep it small (10 max).[/quote]

I'm game for a C league.

I sure hope Goodell tackles (pardon the pun) this issue of rookie holdouts like he says he will. This is one area where I believe the NBA is actually better than the NFL. This JaMarcus Russell hold out is stupid. He's going to get a large sum of cash regardless, it's just like he's hedging his bets that he'll turn out as a flop. Or maybe it's just an Al Davis curse, you never know.

[quote name='primetime']I'm game for a C league.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. I need another team...1 won't keep me busy enough. Let's do it.

[quote name='2Fast']AFC Division Champs: Patriots, Ravens, Chargers, Jaguars.
AFC Wild Card: Colts, Jets.

NFC Division Champs: Bears, Saints, Seahawks, Eagles.
NFC Wild Card: 49ers, Panthers.[/QUOTE]

You need to switch the Jags and the Colts in your prediction and you got it about right. The colts OWN the AFC south. Jaguars? In 2006 they split thier games with the Texans and Titans and started 3 quarterbacks. Although this year its its byron's (the bust) contract year and we have a stable of WR (1 or 2 gots to be decent right?) and same nasty defense and the human pinball MJD.

Oh anyone seen a good CAG fantasy football live draft league? Invite me!!!!

Here are my predictions, I will have to look up how I did as far as the postseason projections went last year. I do know I was well over .500, though.

Colts
Ravens
Chargers
Patriots
Bengals
Broncos (head-to-head tiebreaker over Steelers)

Chargers over Broncos, Patriots over Bengals
Colts over Patriots, Chargers over Ravens
Colts over Chargers

Bears
Eagles
Rams
Saints
Packers
49ers

49ers over Rams, Saints over Packers
Bears over 49ers, Eagles over Saints
Eagles over Bears

Colts over Eagles, XLII

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Here are my predictions, I will have to look up how I did as far as the postseason projections went last year. I do know I was well over .500, though.

Colts
Ravens
Chargers
Patriots
Bengals
Broncos (head-to-head tiebreaker over Steelers)

Chargers over Broncos, Patriots over Bengals
Colts over Patriots, Chargers over Ravens
Colts over Chargers

Bears
Eagles
Rams
Saints
Packers
49ers

49ers over Rams, Saints over Packers
Bears over 49ers, Eagles over Saints
Eagles over Bears

Colts over Eagles, XLII[/quote]

You should put an asterisk by the Eagles

* IF McNabb can manage to stay healthy for a full season. Also if the Bears can get mediocre play from the QB position (See START BRIAN GREISE) they can get back to the big dance.

bread's done
Back