Eragon (360) $10 at Amazon

Well dammit, I'm going to go out on a limb (and slightly OT) and say that I thought the movie was pretty entertaining... in a Krull sort of B movie way (although with damn good effects).

I didn't read the books or anything but I loved the hammy performances and I thought the dragon looked awesome. Like, really good. The cinematography was outstanding. Looked like some Lord of the Rings shit..

Now the game... anyone played it? (I know most all of you hate the movie so I can't expect much favor toward the game)..

It took me 2 rentals to get the full 1000 points because it was so boring. You have to play through it twice to get them. It is an easy 1000 points though, use a guide if you need to for the secret eggs though.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']It took me 2 rentals to get the full 1000 points because it was so boring. You have to play through it twice to get them. It is an easy 1000 points though, use a guide if you need to for the secret eggs though.[/quote]
Yes you don't get the normal achievements when you play through on hard. Plenty of online guides for the eggs. It's easy. Some of the sequences are fun in two player co-op (local only, no live). Flying the dragon segments are the weaker of the two types of game-play - if you can believe it. It wasn't terrible but I definitely wouldn't call it not good either, more along the lines of mediocre. I picked it up from Fry's for $9.99 and think it was worth the pick-up.

Wow, this was their Deal of the Day just a little bit ago, at $15. Sure makes it seem pointless if they're going to drop it to $10 just a few days later...

Amazing that several places have this for $10 now, I'm almost wondering if this is a publisher-driven drop.

I'm going to pass on this one, thanks for the insight on how the game plays and if it truly is worth the time or money! Thanks guys!

[quote name='Edge']Wow, this was their Deal of the Day just a little bit ago, at $15. Sure makes it seem pointless if they're going to drop it to $10 just a few days later...[/QUOTE]

It dropped to $9.99 when it was the DotD.

I read the book and I refuse to watch the movie or play the game because of how much they butcher the original story.

Ten dollars for a 360 game. Is it really that bad because at that price it's hard to resist buying it for the sake of buying it (at ten bucks anyway). For Cheese's sake, I bought Bionicle Hero's (360) for that price just because it was ten bucks.

Worth $10 in my opinion. Picked it up from CC for around that. 2 player was fun with my 9 year old. Single player not as fun. Very simple game, but I got my $10 out of it. I didn't see the movie yet so don't know how well it follows that.

No tax and driving versus getting it delivered for free works for me. Picked it up with Pokemon DoTD yesterday so I could get that free shipping.

I got it this weekend for $10 from Gamestop. The full game is much better than the demo. It's not horrible and was actually pretty fun with 2 players. It is much more pick up and play than the Lord of the Rings games, since it does not rely on combos to gain experience and level up. Easily worth $10, but not more than $20.

bread's done
Back