Karaoke Revolution cheap at Gamestop and Circuit City

cman

CAGiversary!
For those who are into the Karaoke Revolution games, the new American Idol edition just dropped to 19.99 new and 17.99 used at Gamestop/EB stores.

The game is also 19.99 at circuitcity.com and 29.99 bundled with the microphone.

I have not seen it this cheap anywhere else yet, so I am not sure if this is a universal price drop or not. This is a great game for parties and easily worth its price.

part of the gamestop "in store specials" mass mailing/ semi universal price drop

great game, i bought mine months ago (song selection could be better of course)

[quote name='cleaver']Can I play this on PS3? How does the mic connect to the PS2?[/QUOTE]

through the usb port ... but I don't believe any of these come with the mic

you can buy any of them with or without the mic

the American Idol pressed the most copies so has the lowest resale value. KR 1 is the hardest to find/most expensive/over priced by hoarders

Country should be cheap as it sold poorly and new sealed copies are everywhere

KR 2 is also tough to get at a good price.

So far they all work great upscaled on PS3 w/ mics and no lag on my Samsung HDTV w/ game mode on.

Although most of them are 480i so they look blurry on the PS3

i may have to pick this one up...i have kr1/country/party, why not get another?

i'll probably wait til it drops at cc/tru/kmart though. i'd rather pay $10-15 for the bundle so i can get another ps2 mic.

Is the american idol one worth picking up? I've got all the other karaoke revolutions besides that one and country, but I don't watch AI, so is it worth it?
Also, I've always wondered: Will KR mikes work with Singstar? Vice versa?

[quote name='Marion517']Is the american idol one worth picking up? I've got all the other karaoke revolutions besides that one and country, but I don't watch AI, so is it worth it?
Also, I've always wondered: Will KR mikes work with Singstar? Vice versa?[/QUOTE]
Worth it: if you like the music. Has the good features of the later games (Duet, etc.). Makes no difference if you watch the show or not, they just judge you at the end, really the only difference.

Mics: Nope.

Figures, I just picked this up game-only a week ago for $30 (already had two mics from nabbing KR Country bundles at K-Mart and reselling the games).

Marion: I've found that AI edition has a decent setlist, and some of the videos are pretty funny even if you've never seen the show. You can always not bother with American Idol mode and just play it like a normal KR game if you want. And even if you do play AI mode, you can skip the commentary easily so it feels more like the arcade / challenge modes in the others. The brand name doesn't get in the way too much.

[quote name='Marion517']
Also, I've always wondered: Will KR mikes work with Singstar? Vice versa?[/QUOTE]

No, Singstar Mics only work with Singstar. Karaoke Revolution Mics are just simple USB Mics that work with everything else except for Singstar. I've used my KR mic on my laptop even while talking to someone on Skype.

This may be off topic, but will the microphone that comes with Boogie (on Nintendo Wii) work with Karaoke Revolution on PS2? It has a USB input and I see no reason why it wouldn't but I have to be sure!

[quote name='Superstar7']This may be off topic, but will the microphone that comes with Boogie (on Nintendo Wii) work with Karaoke Revolution on PS2? It has a USB input and I see no reason why it wouldn't but I have to be sure![/QUOTE]

Yep, they are the exact same mic. In fact I haven't even opened the Boogie Mic. I've been using my ps2 KR mic connected to the Wii.

[quote name='GamerChris']Yep, they are the exact same mic. In fact I haven't even opened the Boogie Mic. I've been using my ps2 KR mic connected to the Wii.[/quote]

Awesome. Thank you very much!

Great fun. I've got KR1 and 2. Country Revolution, and the two Singstar Disks, and I'll pick this up.

My friends and family prefer the singstar games, but I like the KR scrolling lyric mechanic better.

Also note: - Your SOCOM mics work with these games too.
- the CR bundle has a mic w/o the ear piece, but still works.

Toys'R'Us has a few of the Karaoke Revolution games, specifically the country one, in their $10 bin. My local store had a few copies.

I -think- they had a couple of the American Idol versions with a microphone for $20.

[quote name='almasy82']kitsune Sniper pick up all the country american idols you can get..for that price[/quote]But... I can't sing. ;_;

*sigh* I need to check my local TRU to see if they have any copies of Country. I still need that and Party for PS2. Vol 1-3 and AI are great and all but I am trying to avoid paying $40+ if I can help it.

Okay, Country is $9.90 at TRU, and Party is $5! Both PS2. Check your store's clearance bins!

KR: American Idol with Microphone was $30. I didn't ask how much it cost without the microphone. It was still marked as $40, though, so ask before buying!

[quote name='munch']The idol version was $30 something at my GS.[/quote]

And the one with a microphone was $60 at the Wal-Mart across the street from Toys'R'Us.:whistle2:#

Hey just as a heads up, I have the 80GB PS3 and this game is not supported (Edit: the American Idol game I'm not sure about any of the others, though I do have them, so I could check), so if you've got one of the newer PS3's you're going to be SOL until they either fix it or forever(?). Not sure if it works on the 60GB models, but I thought I'd serve notice to the rest of CAG.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']These also retain/increase in value.

Original Karaoke Revolution is $60-70, the country one is $40+ on Amazon.[/quote]

what have you been smoking? the highest price I've seen on the original karaoke is around $50.

[quote name='kouichi']what have you been smoking? the highest price I've seen on the original karaoke is around $50.[/QUOTE]

people are getting rich off this game, he is not high

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...50?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1187740651&sr=8-8

Karaoke Revolution
by Konami

New
(1 to 3 of 3 offers sorted by : Price + Shipping)

$99.90
+ $3.99shipping

New

Seller: nemo1411

$219.00
+ $3.99shipping

New

$249.99
+ $3.99shipping

Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.

Used

$53.95
+ $3.99shipping

* LOW ITEM PRICE

Used - Good

$53.99
+ $3.99shipping

Used - Very Good

$54.95
+ $3.99shipping

Used - Good

$54.99
+ $3.99shipping

$59.98
+ $3.99shipping

Used - Like New

What really makes them so valuable? Is it because everyone wants to keep it, or the compatibility with the microphone, or what? Come to think of it, I've never seen a USB mic by itself in the used accesories at EB/GS. Except for that icky tampon looking thing for Gamecube. I'll try not to talk about it.

[quote name='Superstar7']What really makes them so valuable? Is it because everyone wants to keep it, or the compatibility with the microphone, or what? Come to think of it, I've never seen a USB mic by itself in the used accesories at EB/GS. Except for that icky tampon looking thing for Gamecube. I'll try not to talk about it.[/QUOTE]

Basically the low # of copies printed and no reprints/GH versions.

Once you get hooked on KR series, you *need* all the games for expanded song lists. People say "why not just get a dedicated Karaoke Machine" the answer is, I already have a PS2/PS3/XBOX/GC/DVDplayer/HDTV/SNES/N64/PSP/GBA/DS/HDTVCablebox/5.1soundsystem? etc...

and Konami does it right w/ KR

No luck at the closest TRU... I am going to try the next closest TRU as well and probably check out BB as well for some off-topic Serenity buying action. I guess calling and asking first might be a good idea even if the people at the local stores tend to be morons.

KR Country and AI are everywhere. Doesnt seem like anyone bought Country, except us CAGs picking it up for under $10 sealed ;)

i bought the country one cheap more or less because i needed the ps2 mic. actually, there's a decent selection of songs on there i was familiar with. i think "she thinks my tractor's sexy" is on it haha.

also i was lucky and found someone selling KR1 on livejournal for $10 a couple months ago. haven't been drinking enough lately to play it though. great selection of songs on that particular one, which is another reason why it might be more on the rare side.

oddly enough though, i still see sealed copies of ddr max at TRU still going full price. thought those would've been clearanced out a loooong time ago.

I had no idea these were worth so much. I bought KR1 at retail with a $10 off coupon at Target (specifically for the game from their Xmas book or something). I got 2 for like $25 a while back at EB. I got 3 for $14 just a few months ago from a local game/DVD/CD trade-in place. And I got Party for maybe $20 (Xbox with mic) on Amazon a year or so ago.

I only rented AI. Maybe I should buy this for cheap now.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']These also retain/increase in value.

Original Karaoke Revolution is $60-70, the country one is $40+ on Amazon.[/quote]Well, the PS2 versions have held their value. I know the Karaoke Party bundle and game alone for the xbox have tanked.

[quote name='Superstar7']What really makes them so valuable? Is it because everyone wants to keep it, or the compatibility with the microphone, or what?[/quote]Short print runs. Lower number of printed games and a high demand = higher price.

As for mics (I'm talking ps2 here, not the xbox or cube), I grabbed a usb headset (logitech, I think) which had a ps2 compatible sticker on the packaging. Plugged it in, no problems.

[quote name='expane']people are getting rich off this game, he is not high

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000A289A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_8/102-0303403-3486550?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1187740651&sr=8-8

Karaoke Revolution
by Konami

New
(1 to 3 of 3 offers sorted by : Price + Shipping)

$99.90
+ $3.99shipping

New

Seller: nemo1411

$219.00
+ $3.99shipping

New

$249.99
+ $3.99shipping

Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.

Used

$53.95
+ $3.99shipping

* LOW ITEM PRICE

Used - Good

$53.99
+ $3.99shipping

Used - Very Good

$54.95
+ $3.99shipping

Used - Good

$54.99
+ $3.99shipping

$59.98
+ $3.99shipping

Used - Like New[/quote]

Uhhhhh.... just FYI my amazon selling ID is NOT NEMO!! Just want to make that clear.

[quote name='guinaevere']Well, the PS2 versions have held their value. I know the Karaoke Party bundle and game alone for the xbox have tanked.

Short print runs. Lower number of printed games and a high demand = higher price.

As for mics (I'm talking ps2 here, not the xbox or cube), I grabbed a usb headset (logitech, I think) which had a ps2 compatible sticker on the packaging. Plugged it in, no problems.[/quote]

Initial runs of the first KR for PS2 bundled in a Logitech USB headset and not a microphone, so.

It has less to do with print runs and more to do with the fact that they can't reprint them due to music licensing costs.

Also, K-Rev American Idol is my least favorite. Most of the songs are either old classics or female. There's not enough modern ones for me, and I knew that buying it.

ALL K-Rev games (And Rock Band for that matter) will work with ANY USB MIC.
Singstar requires Singstar mics and Singstar mics are only for Singstar.

And if you want to use the EyeToy in Duet mode on K-Rev, use a powered USB Hub. It'll work.

I had no luck what-so-ever around here.

If anyone could still find new, sealed copies of Country and Party with or without mics (for PS2) at TRU for was it $10 and $5 respectively(?) I would be more than grateful. Lemme know (PM) if anyone would be willing to help a fellow CAG out.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']I had no luck what-so-ever around here.

If anyone could still find new, sealed copies of Country and Party with or without mics (for PS2) at TRU for was it $10 and $5 respectively(?) I would be more than grateful. Lemme know (PM) if anyone would be willing to help a fellow CAG out.[/quote]

Country rings up $20 at my TRU [with mic]... Havn't pricechecked the one without the mic tho

No Parties available

bread's done
Back