The Admiral's 2007 NFL "It's a trap!" Pool! Danimal is the 2007 Grand Prize Winner!!!

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Picks must be in by Saturday, November 17th at 8PM EST

Cogratulations to Danila, the 2008 grand prize NFL Pool Winner!

His teams...
Seattle Seahawks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, New York Giants, New England Patriots, Bye, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Week one results.
Week two results.
Week three results.
Week four results.
Week five results.
Week Six Results.
Week seven results
Week Eight Results
Week Nine Results
Week Ten Results
Weel Eleven Results
Week 12 results.

Good luck!

Take a look at last years pool.

See the second post below for the rules.

Good luck!

Welcome to the 2007 NFL Suicide Pool run by your host, Admiral Ackbar. This is our fourth year so I think we have the rules down pretty well. But in case you're new, here's how it goes.

*** NFL Suicide Pool Rules ***

This is all done at my whim and leisure and I can alter rules or prizes anytime I want. I don't plan to, but sometimes the unforseen comes up and I need to be flexible. This will be a fair and fun pool where everyone gets equal opportunity. Please don't take this too seriously. Not to mention, there's always the Admiral's Money Back Guarantee. If you're not satisfied with the way this pool is run, you get your money back. Of course, to join is free, so you.... You get it.

Entry Period

Members can only enter the pool until 8PM EST on Wednesday, September 5th. Approximately 24 Hours before the first game of the regular season. Sometime after 8PM EST, I will lock down the pool and there will be no further entrants allowed. In the interest of fairness this is non-negotiable. So I recommend you joing before 8PM EST on Wednesday, September 5th.

Any CAG member may enter the suicide pool. To enter, just pick your team or take a BYE for week 1. Post your pick in this thread.

How do I play?

1) Each week pick a team to win.
2) You may not pick the same team twice.
3) Every player gets one (and only one) BYE to skip a week.
4) If you accidentally miss posting a pick your BYE will be automatically spent to keep you in the game.
To quote Spider-Man, "Everybody gets one."
5) MAke sure you get your picks in before the weekly deadline!
6) You may change your pick up until the deadline.
7) If the team you pick loses their game, you're out.

What if everyone is eliminated the same week?

We have a do-over and everyone survives to the next week until we get a single winner.

What about the playoffs

We've yet to have the game survive until the playoffs.

But just in case, if there are less players than playoff teams, players may not duplicate picks. Teams are offered on a first come, first serve basis.

If there are more players than playoff teams, then the game plays as normal until there are less players than playoff teams.

No bye's are allowed in the playoffs.

If after a full season and playoffs we still have multiple winners, the prize pack will be split by random lottery.

"Wait, did he say prizes?"

Yes, that's right! This years prize pack is made from numerous games that have gone on sale in the past year and posted on this very website. All of the following games are new and sealed.

Fire Emblem (Gamecube)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS)
Suikoden Tactics (PS2)
Y's: The Ark of Napishtim (PS2)
Lord of the Rings Tactics (PSP)
Valkyrie Profile (PSP)
Killzone Liberation Demo Disc (PSP)
Lego Star Wars II (XBox360)
Funimation Anime Sampler DVD

And that's it. We're a little RPG heavy this year. Go figure.

When do picks need to be in again?

Picks generally need to be in the night before the first game of the week. Usually Saturday night or early sunday morning at the latest.

Do not be late!

To be fair I have to be strict with the deadline. AFter I close the week, I can't allow any more players in. Picks that are late do not count! So get your picks in! If you miss one deadline and you have a bye it will be used automatically. Otherwise, you're out.

*** Last Words ***

So that's it. Get your picks in, don't pick the same team twice, and remember you have one bye week. Couldn't be simpler. And don't forget that at any time I can change or cancel things since this is being run on my good will. But I don't plan to and probably won't.

Good luck!

keeping track with this post now...

Week 1: Detroit over Oakland \\:D/
Week 2: Denver over Oakland \\:D/
Week 3: Carolina over Atlanta \\:D/
Week 4: Dallas over St. Louis \\:D/
Week 5: stupid bars... looks like its a forced bye :beer:
Week 6: Arizona over Carolina :pray:

Ok, I'm in, so now I need to pick any team who will win the first round, but then I can't ever pick that team again, right? Now to decide what team for the first round...

[quote name='ihadFG']Ok, I'm in, so now I need to pick any team who will win the first round, but then I can't ever pick that team again, right? Now to decide what team for the first round...[/QUOTE]

Correct. You also have one BYE. Some players take their BYE their first week. But it's up to you.

mr ryles spot holder

I like to use this spot top keep track of the teams I picked.

Week 1: New England Patriots
Week 2: Green Bay Packers
Week 3: Cleveland Browns

[quote name='hohez']49ers over Cardinals on a late late Monday Night Football.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dack']I'll take Cardinals over the 49ers.[/quote]

And we have our first head to head! :p

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']And we have our first head to head! :p[/quote]

Oh man Ackbar!

It is on like Donkey Kong.

[quote name='Charron']I'll take Miami.

I know nothing about football so I'll be surprised to last two weeks.[/QUOTE]

don't think you are gonna make it past week 1

[quote name='nikelecious91']Miami over Washington isn't that far of a stretch IMO.[/QUOTE]

they don't even have a stable QB. They're gonna be on the Texans level this year, hell the Texans may even have a better year than Miami.

I guess I'll start with Pittsburgh - then again I know next to nothing about football, so I'll be lucky to last more than 2 games as well.

Im in. This is a hard first week....... Im gonna have to go with the most likely team to win. Im gonna go eagles over packers. My fingers are crossed

Ok, I might have to go with my favorite (but usually horrible) team the first round. Skins over Miama.

Actually give me my bye the first week.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i see others are using my strategy... pick the team against oakland[/QUOTE]

I am gonna use the other strategy, pick the team playing Houston.

My pick is Kansas City.

Tag for later. Kicking myself about missing this last year. Will update with team later.:D

Edit 9/4/07// My pick is Kansas City

Great idea. I'm defintely in just gonna wait until I have had time to go over the matchups... (i.e i just like procrastinating)

[quote name='uuaww']I am gonna use the other strategy, pick the team playing Houston.

My pick is Kansas City.[/quote]

My strategy is picking against Atlanta.

(At the very least until Warrick Dunn comes back)

bread's done
Back