CAG Foreplay #13 Contest Thread: Win free Xbox Marketplace Points or Wii Points

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As featured in the latest CAG Foreplay, Scobie was kind enough to provide us with either 1600 Xbox Marketplace Points or 2000 Wii Points. The winner will be picked at random from the qualified entries in this thread and will get to choose which kind of points they would like.

submarine.jpg

The contest will run until we record the next show on Monday (8/27).

Thanks again Scobie for the prize donation.

(Thanks also go out to Jackal888 for the artwork that will go along with the Random the Torpedoes section of the podcast.)

for future contests...why dont you have CAGs that bought a new release game for the contest week to write our own reviews of the game....that way it'll help other CAGs as well who are on the fence about the game...

for example...
this weeks new release is BioShock, Brain Age 2, etc...
After I buy BioShock i'll write a review of the game and therefore being enrolled in the contest

"Guess the Number of Games in Shipwreck's Collection" game. Kinda like guess the number of jelly beans in a jar game at the carnival. I would hope the rules would be self explanitory, but the good thing is you could have a contest for each system.

I say have a photoshop/mspaint caption contest for a chosen new release game, and whoever has the best/funniest caption/modification wins that game.

1) The Cagcast uses an innovative new method for their contests--You post in a thread, and then a winner is chosen at random from the posters. I know, I know, it completely blows my mind too. But it works.

2) Guess the Randamn the Torpedoes! game of the week.

3) The most constructive post in the Cagforeplay thread gets the prize. It both prevents unuseful posts, and encourages listeners to provide feedback.

4) Fanart contest, but open to musical entries too. Some of us aren't exactly gifted with the Paint and the Photoshop and all that.

Guess when Mr and Mrs Ship will join the baby parade ;).
Yeah, OK, so it sucks for a weekly contest, but it just seems like babies are popping out all over on CAG, so...

Be sure to start ever CAG Foreplay with bumper music from a video game. First to guess which game the music comes from wins.

A Contest to design something to silence the Fridge. I can imagine the constant unplugging is getting old fast.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Well, since yukine went there, how about a guess the Shipwreck's age contest.[/QUOTE]

February 6, 1979 & April 20, 1981. That contest sucked.

At the beginning of the CAG Foreplay, play a sound for everyone, like the sound of a torpedo or a video game sound like the "1-up" sound from SMB (or maybe even a sound from a pet sim game).

Then at some unannounced, seemingly random point during the CAG Foreplay, replay the same sound. Then the first person to post the time (minutes:seconds) that the sound was played would win.

Guess if Mrs. Shipwreck is hot or super hot. ;)

Actual submission: Guess what the Shiprwreck's combined spending tab is for a given week (to be determined).

[quote name='yukine']How about a "guess Mrs. Shipwreck's weight" contest? Yeah, I went there.[/quote]
Do you mean the "nobody wins jack" contest? ;)

As for a contest, how about a "what xbox games does shipwreck not have? We know you have a lot, but have gotten rid of some, so it would be cool to have people guess games and those who pick right get entered into a contest pool for the prize.

To keep with the "Cheap Ass Gamer" feel of the podcast, the contest should be where the users look for good deals for old games. Everyone would have to find the best game at the cheapest price, so the winner could be determined on a (subjective) value vs. price [anyone can get a peice of crap game for 2 bucks, but the challenge is to find a good game at a great price].

Not only is that very CAG, but it also *helps* other CAGs by showing deals for games they may have missed.

[quote name='Sless']To keep with the "Cheap Ass Gamer" feel of the podcast, the contest should be where the users look for good deals for old games. Everyone would have to find the best game at the cheapest price, so the winner could be determined on a (subjective) value vs. price [anyone can get a peice of crap game for 2 bucks, but the challenge is to find a good game at a great price].

Not only is that very CAG, but it also *helps* other CAGs by showing deals for games they may have missed.[/quote]

That's a great idea!! Except, how about everyone searches for the best deal for a game given by the Shipwrecks. So, during their podcast they would suggest a game. Then, the person who finds the best deal for this game during the week (and has photographic evidence to back it up) wins.

Guess Ships (or the Ship's) video game spending tag for a single month.

The idea is to listen actively every week, as they will bring you closer to the magic answer.

Next contest, I will match the great Scobie's prize, for 1600 MS points. (I currently don't have any N-points, though)

Wow, many good contests. I would go with a review contest where you have to write a detailed review based on one of the week before's new releases.

Ship, I hope you didn't just play Ninja 5-0 on Easy. The "To Be Continued" message means there are more levels available, but you have to play them on higher difficulties. Beating Easy unlocks Normal and beating Normal unlocks Hard, each adding its own unique level, so in all there are 5 levels with 20 stages total. The later levels are much more fun and challenging.

Also, I've got a suggestion for the show, but I'll PM you.

How about we keep it simple and let us post our "pick of the week" and give a short little blurb as to why it is our pick of the week. Just make the contest random and the winner's pick of the week can be discussed on the next show. Sort of like the cagbag.

I'd like to see a guess the game from the Shipwrecks' collection contest, starting off with vague hints at first and if no one gets it, moving into hard facts like platform, developer, publisher, year or era of release, etc.

Scavenger hunt: Create an image file of some sort, perhaps the CAG Foreplay logo with some cover art from a new release. Then hide the image somewhere in the CAG website, simply on one of the pages. The first to post the location of the image wins.

For regular contests, just do what Cheapy does in the CAGcasts--select one random qualifying entry from the contest thread (qualifying meaning CAGs post whatever was requested in the Foreplay podcast for that week).

Then if for a particular week you have some extra tasty crispy prize, then use one of the more creative suggestions from this thread (i.e. CAG has to submit something like artwork or whatever).

Contest is extended until tomorrow as we have pushed recording of this week's show until tomorrow. So there is still time to get your entry in.

How about a contest to name games the ships have never owned, but should have. If you can find the games, and try them, pick winners based on how much you enjoyed the games.

I think you should have a contest for people to take a picture to show how "Hardcore-Retro" they are for the wii points.

For the xbox points you should make people take pictures demonstating their undevoted manlove for bill gates or some other microsoft figure head.

Using only what they have in their personal game library (dics, boxes, cases, cartridges, etc.), contestants have to place them in such a way to replicate a logo or image of some sort. Then take a photo, and the best entry wins.

For example, use some xbox games to spell out the CAG logo.

A special congratulatory mp3 for our contest winner and to all that entered from Scobie:

[media]http://download163.mediafire.com/mlyzmwjj4w4g/fdiymim4djg/CAGForeplayContest.mp3[/media]

bread's done
Back