Old OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chika

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
ott.jpg

Probably the best facebook/myspace survey ever, setting Michigan football back worse than the yearly OSU beating:

http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=3698

The highlights:
Do you own any pets, and if so what do you have?
i got a fuck lion now come fuck wit me

Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?
what da fuck! i needs bof of my muthafuckin body parts
Your favorite Disney Films?
fuck disney
Where is Waldo?
i killed dat punk muthafucka he owed me money

[quote name='Dkellar']Har.[/quote]
how's your garden?

we're still getting about a dozen cucumbers a week, and now the tomatos are starting. we've also got more jalapenos than we know what to do with. i've been bringing bags of them to work. our onions are doing nicely too. just got some raddish seeds that should be planted this weekend. we also got some more herbs that we're going to pot so that we can bring them in and hopefully they'll survive the winter. our sunflowers have all gone to seed. i was able to harvest some for planting next year, but they should have reseeded themselves because the birds don't hang around since the dog patrols the garden.

we also just planted some mums and gerbera daisies and mulched the flower beds. along with the flowers, we bought 2 dwarf ablerta spruce trees, but we haven't been able to plant them yet. we need to finish tilling the area and sifting 20 years of fucking marble chips out.

[quote name='Chika']how's your garden?

we're still getting about a dozen cucumbers a week, and now the tomatos are starting. we've also got more jalapenos than we know what to do with. i've been bringing bags of them to work. our onions are doing nicely too. just got some raddish seeds that should be planted this weekend. we also got some more herbs that we're going to pot so that we can bring them in and hopefully they'll survive the winter[/QUOTE]

It's doing well. The heatwave these past few weeks put a hurting on my green bean plants, but it seems like they pretty much ran their course. Bugs destroyed all of my corn. We are getting ripe tomatoes every few days and bugs have been raiding those too. The green onions are doing alright and so are some of the carrots, or so I think. I finally have some broccoli coming in, so hopefully in a few weeks it'll be ready to harvest. The watermelons are doing great. I have two that are a little bit bigger than a golf ball and one that is about the size of a softball. The pumpkins are growing well and flowering, but I don't see any fruit forming just yet. Same thing with the squash. The cucumbers are doing great. Many many flowers on them with a few cucumbers that are about the size of the whole pickles in the jars (5-6 inches). The newer green beans I planted are starting to come in as well. The peppers are doing great and I believe may be ripening to their specific color(turning from green to something else). The pack of seeds was a "mixed" varieties. The blackberry plant is growing well, but I got no fruit this year. Fruit started to form, but since it was still small only a few drupelets formed then the sun decided to burn them all to hell. The black raspberry is doing fine. I many have another plant of it coming soon since one of the canes was on the ground and it started to root. Really weird that it does that, but I put it back in the ground and left it still connected to the main plant. I want it to cool down some so I could plant these snow peas, regular peas, and lots of lettuce.

Beat the third boss in Metroid Fusion. I like this a lot more than Castlevania, since I actually nkow what I'm supposed to be doing.

[quote name='Rocko']Beat the third boss in Metroid Fusion. I like this a lot more than Castlevania, since I actually nkow what I'm supposed to be doing.[/quote]

Same premise, side scrolling adventure; one's scifi, the other horror... castle versus space...

Castlevania games are usually just deeper in terms of gameplay elements because of the RPG style experience/leveling system (as opposed to finding extra energy tanks) and the weapons system (instead of having a few predetermined beams).

But lately Castlevania games have next to no enemies in the castle, a million save/regen spots, and are built more on a collection system than anything else.

You can level up beyond a boss well in advance and then toast them without trouble.

That's what happens when you try to put one out every 1-2 years as opposed to one every 3-4.

I still pretty much get a game in either series on launch day of course.

pix

These are the mums around some plant that was already there
Front walk with the gerbera daisies. The parts we mulched this morning will fade to match the mulch that we put down the other day.
These onions are like 4x as large as the last ones i posted pics of. they're like 2' tall.
these are the last bunch i pulled.
The rest of the jalapenos are turning red and i won't pick them until they're totaly ripe.
This basil i bought from a local greenhouse/farm market

These are two different types of basil that i started from seed, the purple has a more licorice flavor.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Same premise, side scrolling adventure; one's scifi, the other horror... castle versus space...

Castlevania games are usually just deeper in terms of gameplay elements because of the RPG style experience/leveling system (as opposed to finding extra energy tanks) and the weapons system (instead of having a few predetermined beams).[/quote]

But in this Metroid game I'm always told what to do. Not exactly, but, y'know, go to this big area and get to this exact room to fight a boss, but I won't tell you how. Castlevania just throws you in a castle and that's that. And I suck at that. :p

Gonna order BA2 from Buy.com and hopefully get that stylus box set.

Hey OTT.

Debating what I want to do today, besides trying to eat as much as possible (mushroom pizza for breakfast and lunch FTW). Maybe I'll go out shopping later, but for right now, I don't even have the ambition to fire up my DS...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Hey OTT.

Debating what I want to do today, besides trying to eat as much as possible (mushroom pizza for breakfast and lunch FTW). Maybe I'll go out shopping later, but for right now, I don't even have the ambition to fire up my DS...[/quote]

ds ftuw. i was playing mario 64ds yesterday while waiting for the chiropractor

[quote name='Chika']ds ftuw. i was playing mario 64ds yesterday while waiting for the chiropractor[/quote]

I really didn't care for Mario64. Honestly, since Mario and Link went 3D, I lost interest in both - they just don't hold the same appeal. But I may DL MArio64 on the Wii for Juggerbit.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I really didn't care for Mario64. Honestly, since Mario and Link went 3D, I lost interest in both - they just don't hold the same appeal. But I may DL MArio64 on the Wii for Juggerbit.[/quote]

you mean if he hasn't done it already ;)

[quote name='Chika']you mean if he hasn't done it already ;)[/quote]

Heh - at the least the Wii doesn't store the CC Info, so I'm safe on that.

Did you see a few OTT back the experiment I did with him and GTA: Vice City STories?

BY the way, I go in on Weds for surgery...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I really didn't care for Mario64. Honestly, since Mario and Link went 3D, I lost interest in both - they just don't hold the same appeal. But I may DL MArio64 on the Wii for Juggerbit.[/quote]

That's cause you suck. ;)

Oh well, to each their own. :):lol:

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Heh - at the least the Wii doesn't store the CC Info, so I'm safe on that.

Did you see a few OTT back the experiment I did with him and GTA: Vice City STories?

BY the way, I go in on Weds for surgery...[/quote]

I haven't been around for a couple of days, what experiment? and what are you having surgery for?

This just made me laugh

Lube Tube: Michael Abernethy, M.D., an E.R. doc, treated a teenage boy who wanted a well-oiled penis. He used the thin straw on the nozzle of a can of WD-40 to fire the stuff into his urethra. "But WD-40 comes out at high pressure. He wound up with tissue necrosis, skin flaps, and plastic surgery. He will never be sexually functional."

[quote name='Chika']I haven't been around for a couple of days, what experiment? and what are you having surgery for?[/quote]

Well, I loaded GTA:VCS and played it in front of Jugger for about 10 mins, showing him that it was a "racing game where you drive really fast, try not to hit people and listen to the radio." I showed him how to "borrow" cars (but only parked ones). I wanted to see what he would do in a sandbox environment.

It went okay...for a minute. Then he found the punch button. Then he realized he didn't like driving, but beating up people. I tried to warn him that the police "would think he was a bad gay and come get him." That was until he beat up the cops and took their guns. The strangest twist then happened: in a Stewie-esque moment, he started chasing only women down to shoot them.

Thankfully, he got bored after about 20 mins and wanted to play Beyond Good and Evil again.

As for my surgery, let's see: I'm getting my adnoids and Tonsils yanked, my soft pallet and uvula trimmed, part of my septim and inner right nasal cavity cut away, as well. So, I'll get to spend my birthday (and vacation time) in extreme pain and discomfort. (Of course, I have a conference call the day after my surgery...)

But, at least I'll be home from work for a few weeks...

[quote name='fart_bubble']This just made me laugh

Lube Tube: Michael Abernethy, M.D., an E.R. doc, treated a teenage boy who wanted a well-oiled penis. He used the thin straw on the nozzle of a can of WD-40 to fire the stuff into his urethra. "But WD-40 comes out at high pressure. He wound up with tissue necrosis, skin flaps, and plastic surgery. He will never be sexually functional."[/quote]

Shaving pubic hair might seem hygienic, but ingrown pubic hairs can become infected and, in the worst cases, erupt with flesh-eating bacteria. "Ultimately, treatment can be as drastic as removal of the scrotum," says urologist G. Bino Rucker, M.D. "You have to put the testicles in pouches inside the thigh.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Well, I loaded GTA:VCS and played it in front of Jugger for about 10 mins, showing him that it was a "racing game where you drive really fast, try not to hit people and listen to the radio." I showed him how to "borrow" cars (but only parked ones). I wanted to see what he would do in a sandbox environment.

It went okay...for a minute. Then he found the punch button. Then he realized he didn't like driving, but beating up people. I tried to warn him that the police "would think he was a bad gay and come get him." That was until he beat up the cops and took their guns. The strangest twist then happened: in a Stewie-esque moment, he started chasing only women down to shoot them.

Thankfully, he got bored after about 20 mins and wanted to play Beyond Good and Evil again.

As for my surgery, let's see: I'm getting my adnoids and Tonsils yanked, my soft pallet and uvula trimmed, part of my septim and inner right nasal cavity cut away, as well. So, I'll get to spend my birthday (and vacation time) in extreme pain and discomfort. (Of course, I have a conference call the day after my surgery...)

But, at least I'll be home from work for a few weeks...[/quote]

Bad gay, huh?

Sucks about your surgery... work is making you take vacation for the surgery? I'd think it'd fall under the medical leave/sick time clause?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Well, I loaded GTA:VCS and played it in front of Jugger for about 10 mins, showing him that it was a "racing game where you drive really fast, try not to hit people and listen to the radio." I showed him how to "borrow" cars (but only parked ones). I wanted to see what he would do in a sandbox environment.

But, at least I'll be home from work for a few weeks...[/quote]

wow juggerbit ftw!

dude, that sucks. sleep apnea surgery sucks. my uncle had it about 2 years ago and he still whines about how much it sucked. good luck if we don't talk to you before then. icepops will be your friend.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Shaving pubic hair might seem hygienic, but ingrown pubic hairs can become infected and, in the worst cases, erupt with flesh-eating bacteria. "Ultimately, treatment can be as drastic as removal of the scrotum," says urologist G. Bino Rucker, M.D. "You have to put the testicles in pouches inside the thigh.[/quote]

Yeah, that was the other part that made me laugh but the whole wd-40 up the pee hole was a better image to share

[quote name='fart_bubble']This just made me laugh

Lube Tube: Michael Abernethy, M.D., an E.R. doc, treated a teenage boy who wanted a well-oiled penis. He used the thin straw on the nozzle of a can of WD-40 to fire the stuff into his urethra. "But WD-40 comes out at high pressure. He wound up with tissue necrosis, skin flaps, and plastic surgery. He will never be sexually functional."[/QUOTE]What the fuck was that doctor thinking?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Bad gay, huh?

Sucks about your surgery... work is making you take vacation for the surgery? I'd think it'd fall under the medical leave/sick time clause?[/quote]

Well, I always schedule one of my weeks of vacation for the first week of Sept off for my birthday. It just so happened that the earliest I could schedule my surgery overlapped with that. Management on both sides was happy since they cut our manpower anyway, but it was basacally a burned week of vacation for me. And we're too swamped and understaffed to reschedule that week.

[quote name='Chika']dude, that sucks. sleep apnea surgery sucks. my uncle had it about 2 years ago and he still whines about how much it sucked. good luck if we don't talk to you before then. icepops will be your friend.[/quote]

All except the red ones. I made the mistake of googling about the after-surgery, and it sounds like weeks of Happy Suck Days - everyone complained about how painful it was for them. That's why I have been trying to bulk up, because I know I'll easily lose 10 to 20 lbs from eating "liquid-y" foods.

[quote name='Strell']I don't understand the question. I thought everyone wanted a well oiled penis.[/quote]

Yes - but, generally, I believe they would rather have the OUTSIDE well-oiled...

[quote name='Strell']I don't understand the question. I thought everyone wanted a well oiled penis.[/quote]

Not sure. Maybe everyone does want a well oiled penis. Too much oil = not enough friction IMO. Though I'm geussing nobody wants a well oiled penis enough to do what that kid did.

[quote name='Liquid 2']What the fuck was that doctor thinking?[/QUOTE]
See I thought that at first then I realized the he meant the kid not the doctor. Pronouns FTL.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']See I thought that at first then I realized the he meant the kid not the doctor. Pronouns FTL.[/QUOTE]Oooooh.

Yeah, ambiguous pronouns suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back