Memphis CAGs

MemphisGun

CAGiversary!
Hey guys if TenneCAGs wasn't good enough for us Memphians then this should be. We need a logo and some other cool stuff. Can't wait to talk to you other Memphians!!! ;)

I'm in Memphis.

Oh, any hole in the wall stores that have good Video Game Selections? There are not really any good ones that I know of. Or is it just the standard places? I used to go to this mom-and-pop used game store on Summer while I lived in the city but I believe they closed a while ago.

[quote name='zippedpinhead']I'm in Memphis.

Oh, any hole in the wall stores that have good Video Game Selections? There are not really any good ones that I know of. Or is it just the standard places? I used to go to this mom-and-pop used game store on Summer while I lived in the city but I believe they closed a while ago.[/quote]

It's still there, but the prices aren't great. The selection is limited, too, but they carry some older items that are often hard to find.

Same here jmchadd. Well, I live on the stateline. Turn right out of my driveway and you are in Memphis. (Not a real safe place, lol)

Has anyone found any of these clearance games they are always posting in the main forum. I have been to best buy to look for clearance guitar hero 2's. There were none in the Southaven one. I also looked at Southaven Target for clearance games. I found Orange box for ps3 for 30$, went back the next day and NO MORE CLEARANCE box!!!

Anyone else with any more luck?

Hi arkansican here. Been to memphis many a time. I'd like to humbly suggest someone make your logo a circular picture of elvis with Xs over his eyes and to have it say memphriCAGs over his chest on the lower half of the circle.

imallvol7 - we live mere minutes apart. i live just off stateline rd too, on the OB side, not the HL side.
our stores are horrible for sales, and memphis traffic is totally not worth it. Gorilla games just opened up on Goodman Rd, right beside Brewsters/Kyoto's, where they are building that new cineplex. i'm not sure what kind of deals they will have, but i'm going to add them into my rounds and check them out when i'm out that way.

message me if you find any good deals in the Shaven or OB. i'll do likewise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collierville-area CAG here. Difficult to find deals this direction. But every now and again a gem surfaces.

As of 8pm CDT today, there is one Grand Theft Auto 4: Special Edition (Xbox 360) at the Collierville Target for $22.48.

Get it while it's hot.

aye. All though i did manage to get my hands on some old NES games for my wife there. I found a complete copy of "The Little Mermaid" for the nes.

Don't know how many people check this but I figured it was a regional thing only. Kroger in Poplar Plaza had 360 bundles on sale for $247.99 with a kroger plus card. The bundle included a 60GB Pro console, a extra controller, a play and charge kit (I think) and the Children's Miracle Network 3 pack.

[quote name='jjasper']Don't know how many people check this but I figured it was a regional thing only. Kroger in Poplar Plaza had 360 bundles on sale for $247.99 with a kroger plus card. The bundle included a 60GB Pro console, a extra controller, a play and charge kit (I think) and the Children's Miracle Network 3 pack.[/quote]

Saw the same thing at the Kroger on Kirby. They also had some wii blaster bundle. It came with Ghost Recon, a blaster and some other stuff. It seemed like an okay price at the time, but i never did the comps.

Back when Circuit City was closing, a lot of Memphis CAGs posted in that thread. They either don't know this thread is here, or they are keeping quiet. Speaking of which- who's been getting my good target clearance games?!

hey guys and gals last time i checked the collierville tennessee target had X-Blades on clearance for 29.98 and MLB office manager for 19.95. GO COLLIERVILLE

I'm from Southaven, myself. I actually live off of Stateline Rd. right past Horn Lake Rd. So it is actually Horn Lake/Walls/Southaven. I can NEVER find deals in our stores on video games. I have found, however, that the Gamestop next to Starbucks in Southaven has better stock and better quality used games than the one next to Dollar Tree.

Also, has anyone been to Gorilla Games out in OB? Are they any good?

[quote name='mbradley1992']I'm from Southaven, myself. I actually live off of Stateline Rd. right past Horn Lake Rd. So it is actually Horn Lake/Walls/Southaven. I can NEVER find deals in our stores on video games. I have found, however, that the Gamestop next to Starbucks in Southaven has better stock and better quality used games than the one next to Dollar Tree.

Also, has anyone been to Gorilla Games out in OB? Are they any good?[/QUOTE]

Never really understood why two gamestops were needed that close to each other.

new to CAG.com but not a new CAG glad to know there are others in Memphis whats up! Im in the UoM are and the new Target on Poplar has ALOT of the clearance ps3 games for grabs if anyone is interested. Pretty much all listed in the main thread at least 3 of each when I was there yesterday. Personally I picked up the last copy of FF:EOT for 9.98 and aye to the guy who said games plus is an abomination however I did manage to pick up the world ends with you for 16.00 there when all the games stops didn't have it.

Also don't know about you guys but Spin Street on the corner of Poplar/Highland has some pretty good used deals ever now and then I got Prototype a week after it came out for 39.99 probably the most expensive game I have bought in a long time but it was good price (360) btw and just picked up RE5 for 29.99 there last monday. :)

Yea- it's strange that the newer targets in town seem to have the best clearence sections (G'town target, Poplar, and to a lesser extent Winchester). Welcome aboard!

I'd really like to keep this thread going and updated.

[quote name='Imallvol7']Same here jmchadd. Well, I live on the stateline. Turn right out of my driveway and you are in Memphis. (Not a real safe place, lol)

Has anyone found any of these clearance games they are always posting in the main forum. I have been to best buy to look for clearance guitar hero 2's. There were none in the Southaven one. I also looked at Southaven Target for clearance games. I found Orange box for ps3 for 30$, went back the next day and NO MORE CLEARANCE box!!!

Anyone else with any more luck?[/QUOTE]

They moved the clearance section it never disappeared though as far as I know....

Can't believe I never saw this. I stay near Overton High School in East Memphis. I've found most if not all the deals posted by other CAGs. I love the Sears and Target Clearance deals. Picked up 4x You're In the Movies w/ Live Vision from Best Buy too.

In the main deals thread there is an ad for a free 59.99 game at hastings with a 3 game trade in. I personally traded in 2 copies of WWE legends I got at Target for 7.48 and a copy of wanted 12.48 I got for a full copy Assassin's Creed 2 pre-order!

That's Power Play Games. I've gone there a couple times. Good prices on used games, better trade in value than Gamestop. They'll also let you play any game you want before you buy it.

[quote name='grantme']Hey all! Anyone getting Red Dead Redemption early?[/QUOTE]

No but I will be getting it on Tues. from gamestop so maybe we should make a Memphis Group for RDR :D

no nevermind there probably isnt enough of us

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']No but I will be getting it on Tues. from gamestop so maybe we should make a Memphis Group for RDR :D

no nevermind there probably isnt enough of us[/QUOTE]

Maybe there is, getting it Tues.

i've got another friend in town that's getting it. I'm not big on competitive multiplayer, but I'm excited about the newly announced co-op missions.

i should specify-- i'm getting it on the PS3. With the split between xbox and PS3, it's doubtful we'll have enough people just off this forum.

The Walmart in Whitehaven has Modnation Racers already on the shelves. Funny thing is I went in there yesterday for the midnight launch and today and they did not have Red Dead Redemption. I will not give Gamespot my money so it's Sears or Bestbuy for me.

You mean GameStop? GameSpot is a website .

Anyone been to a store called "PowerPlay Video Games" ? Its on 841 N Germantown Pwky. Was wondering what kind of store it is and the deals and such. =)

[quote name='grantme']The Walmart in Whitehaven has Modnation Racers already on the shelves. Funny thing is I went in there yesterday for the midnight launch and today and they did not have Red Dead Redemption. I will not give Gamespot my money so it's Sears or Bestbuy for me.[/QUOTE]
I have a long history of distrusting gamestop and I have plenty of reasons to hate them. Hell- i worked there in highschool, and when i came in for a shift one day the entire staff was different, and they refused to acknowledge that I worked there or give me my last check-- that some shady crap.

That said- gamestop.com is a different beast, and they've made some incredible strides to improve their business. Unfortunately, that still involves trade-ins to suppliment my online purchase.

Regarding Modnation Racers-- i doubt they'll sell those pre-launch. Most big stores have a control in their systems that prevent that kind of stuff. It'd be worth a shot though.

[quote name='Dillon627']Munford CAG here.
Going to checkout the movie gallery off of HW51 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Whats up Dillon627 im from Munford too graduated 07.

bread's done
Back