GameStop Neon Signs

Boofed

CAG Veteran
Well it seems that some/most GameStops are going to posters in the windows instead of neon signs. I went there today and all they had left was the BUY SELL TRADE sign, but my friend walked away with the PS2 and Xbox(not 360) ones. So Check your local GameStops tomorrow.

picture

yeah, i just asked.

Kinda the same policy with cardboard standees, ask if you can have it when their done and they'll call you.

Wow definitely checking my GS out... I missed a Kaybee toys closing (they had a neon Nintendo sign/GC sign etc) so might as well try to go for this one..

[quote name='Boofed']Well it seems that some/most GameStops are going to posters in the windows instead of neon signs. I went there today and all they had left was the BUY SELL TRADE sign, but my friend walked away with the PS2 and Xbox(not 360) ones. So Check your local GameStops tomorrow.

picture[/QUOTE]

No offense, but I'd probably throw that thing out. The PS2 and Xbox ones would probably be pretty cool though.

[quote name='nyj1218']idk what id do with a buy sell trade sign, itd be more useful for someone like a drug dealer[/quote]

or a prostitute....who likes to trade, sell and buy games. People and their dirty minds these days.

I'd imagine the clerks would keep the neon signs in my area. They didn't even hand out the free posters that many people commented on receiving - I saw like 5 posters of Ace Combat 6 and more taped on one wall.

[quote name='Boofed']Well it seems that some/most GameStops are going to posters in the windows instead of neon signs. I went there today and all they had left was the BUY SELL TRADE sign, but my friend walked away with the PS2 and Xbox(not 360) ones. So Check your local GameStops tomorrow.

picture[/QUOTE]

what a dick friend... took 2 decent signs and left you with the shit buy sell trade friend? Its time to reassess your friends.

Woot! :)

I called around and found an Xbox360 sign! :)

It lights up green and white, and is in this long "pod" like fogged-plastic exterior. I like it :)

I wanted a Nintendo one the most!, or even a Sony/Playstation3 but meh, settle for what ya can find. That was the 10th store I had called, all the others had signs, but they were "reserved" for the employee's already. :(

He also offered me the Buy/Sell/Trade sign, but i passed on that! its HUGE!....

I called a few around the san diego area and they all laughed and acted like i was crazy...

***Ok, i just called another one and the lady laughed and said that hers were already gone, and that the other stores acted like they didnt know what i was talking about so the employees could get whatever they want

I know that most of my GS stopped using these a long time ago, probably gone. I guess it wouldnt hurt to ask next time Im at GS if they have one in the back or something.

That 360 one is cool. But i don't have a 360... It'd look so out of place if I got one like that. Hopefully they'll have a PS2 or Xbox Original one. >_> Or N64.

I fought an ebgames employee for the xbox 360 sign(but then i had to leave, so i lost) I saw my friend so the guy knew my name. "I was like I call the 360 sign" and then the employee was like "I am taking the 360 sign". I was like "no I called it first", then the other employee was like"well his name is matt" so he wins the first round..Then i had to leave :(

nah, he was going to give me one of the others, i shoulda stayed longer though.
These are the cool EB employees ;)
I also got free guitar hero stickers from the guy who wanted the 360 sign.

[quote name='reicaden']sounds like ya never had a shot :( damn employees.... i guess its one of the perks of workin at GS/EB, first dibs on stuff.[/quote]

Yeah, you gotta remember some of these guys are actually gamers. I'm sure alot of the managers/employees managed to get rid of most of the 'free' stuff. :cry:

I struck out on the neon signs, BUT happened to pick up an even BETTER freebie from calling around, a FREE PSP

Apparently this GS was doing away with their PSP display and I was told I could have it if I wanted it since they didnt have any way of getting it out of the plasic enclosure... so took about 45 minutes of careful dremel tool work, but I popped it out of there

It is missing the analog attatchment (easy to replace) and has a few dead pixels that are only really visible on a black screen, but it is unscratched and in excellent condition... and my 3rd psp

Will most likely sell this ont off to pay for a ds lite, and sell off one of my other ones (most likely my non 1.5) to pay towards one of the new psp lites

Wow, free psp is always a plus.

I poked around at my local gamestops yesterday, I never noticed that they used neon signs, they're against the windows near the ceiling and you'd probably never look up there. I didnt really want to ask if I could have them since they were still in use...

[quote name='Boofed']yeah, i just asked.

Kinda the same policy with cardboard standees, ask if you can have it when their done and they'll call you.[/quote]

I am going tommorow

[quote name='Link927']Wow, free psp is always a plus.

I poked around at my local gamestops yesterday, I never noticed that they used neon signs, they're against the windows near the ceiling and you'd probably never look up there. I didnt really want to ask if I could have them since they were still in use...[/QUOTE]

Just call around, you will probably get 50 different stories like I did

We are holding them for a while

We are keeping them out

Already got rid of them

I have no idea what you are talking about

We are giving our two away as door prizes with the Halo3 launch

...I did leave my number with one of the locations the manager told me she would call me if they got the word to trash them...

was disappointed I didnt get one until the psp score, was surfing the net on it last night and played a little daxter, other than the "dead" pixels only visible on the black screen, it is awesome, the surface of the system is perfect

if i got the psp like u did id probaly smash to box with like hammer or something to get it open

[quote name='nyj1218']if i got the psp like u did id probaly smash to box with like hammer or something to get it open[/QUOTE]

It wouldnt have done anything but destroy the psp... it was the real strong plastic like they make the logitech and sony psp cases out of, and it was bound tightly to the system. Took a while to get it off, which was probably why no one else tried it before me. Took and cit off enough of it around the bottom to pry that loose, then cut along the top for a while until I could pry the case from the bottomup enough to jar the psp loose. That material is really strong and doesnt just break easily) Now to find someone that will buy it from me or trade a ds lite for it...

AAHHHHH NOOOOOOO

The GameStop I got my PS3 at had the retard-a-ployee working at it who had A. no idea what I was talking about or if they had signs *Obviously seen in the window since it opened* and B. Locked his keys in the back room. I've never seen that 2nd one done. Guy isn't new either and these aren't his first screw ups. Anyways, the one in town I didn't ask, the mall one. Suddenly their signs vanished! I go in and ask and they threw em out >_> Bastards. I knew I should've called them but I didn't. Why must I procrastinate!

[quote name='Boofed']yeah, i just asked.

Kinda the same policy with cardboard standees, ask if you can have it when their done and they'll call you.[/QUOTE]

O.O are you serious?!? thats insane. thanks for the tip

I realized yesterday that they had taken down their neon signs at my local GS. When I asked about them, the clerk told me it was just something marketing told them to do and tried to get me to reserve some games. Ah, well, it would have just been more clutter.

i called around and some of them knew what i was talking about but one said i have to wait till heavenly sword releases then they'll have stuff they dont need
and then another said after halo 3 they will have alot of posters and stuff
i really want a neon sign though lol

[quote name='reicaden']sorry, dont have that one :( she offered it to me, but that thing is a monster, i mean MONSTER! huge![/quote]

man i would love to find a GS/eb giving away one of their 360 signs lol
or any neon signs..haha
ill try later this week and report anything i get

If anyone has a sign they would be willing to part with I would gladly pay shipping and toss in Marathon Duradel for the Xbox arcade.

most mall stores likely won't have the signs.

Picked up a sweet blue Nintendo logo sign the other week. It is prettylike.

[quote name='Zingela']most mall stores likely won't have the signs.

Picked up a sweet blue Nintendo logo sign the other week. It is prettylike.[/quote]

pics or it didnt happen
lol i just want to see what it looks like

500_100_1592.jpg

Just reformatted my PC, haven't gotten around to installing a decent image editor yet. So forgive my ugly ass shoes in the picture and lack of cropping.

bread's done
Back