Need help figuring out the name of some late 90's PC game

hootie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
It was kind of an adventure game, in 3-d. The main character I THINK had a kind of cone-like head, but with a human body obviously. He had a little bit of black hair on the top too IIRC. I remember one of the shops was run by an elephant (I know by now you're saying, WTF? :lol: ), and I remember him saying "Do not hesitate to hesitate to ask", which was strange. I know the description I gave is kind of vague, but I'd love you forever if you can give me the name of this game.

Also, everytime I think of this game, I think of the name "Oddysey", not the "Munch's" Oddysey, just something else...:whistle2:k

OMG....that's it! I NEED to get that game again, it was so damn awesome.

Thank you thank you thank you judyjudyjudy!!!

So this game is not a sports game, it is about the United States. in the game you had to put the U.S. back together again. There was some presidential parts on there too. I played this game back in 1996. I was 5th grade at the time. I have been trying to figure out the name of the game. If anyone thinks they know what it is, please let me know. Thanks

About 8 years ago, my uncle gave me a PC game to play and I cant for the life in me remember what its called.

It was an animated adventure game where a man who has a story board deadline gets turned into a cartoon and transported into a cartoon world where he has to go round finding different objects and putting them in pairs.

For example he would find some nuts he has stolen from an elephant and pair it with some bolts.

The guy was geeky looking with glasses.

Does anyone have any idea what game im on about as I really wanna buy it!

Any help at all will be welcomed with open arms!

[quote name='hollycopter']About 8 years ago, my uncle gave me a PC game to play and I cant for the life in me remember what its called.

It was an animated adventure game where a man who has a story board deadline gets turned into a cartoon and transported into a cartoon world where he has to go round finding different objects and putting them in pairs.

For example he would find some nuts he has stolen from an elephant and pair it with some bolts.

The guy was geeky looking with glasses.

Does anyone have any idea what game im on about as I really wanna buy it!

Any help at all will be welcomed with open arms![/quote]

Toonstruck?

[quote name='hollycopter']
![/quote]

Sorry, I can't help but.... :cool: Those must have been HUGE! :lol:

I cant recall the title or who made this game but here's my description. If you can figure it out or recall, i am forever grateful.

It's a 3-d Action/Strategy game.
It came bundled with an old Compaq Presario Laptop, so it must have come out between 1998 and 2001.

The premise of the game was that you started the level with a big base (positioned over a resource geyser?) to spawn tanks. You gave the spawned tanks orders to take objectives/attack enemy/movement orders. You also had the option to drive a tank in first person to fight and could rotate personal/AI control between all your spawned tanks, kinda like the ghost recon games with your squad. Taking certain objectives on a map gave you the ability to spawn better tanks and even jets/helicopters. Once you completed a level you moved on to another level keeping your tech level for tanks/aircraft you acquired from previous levels.

It was a real 3-d battlefield and fairly good graphics for the time. I appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you for your time, and have a fun day.

bill... 8^)

It's similar to battlezone 1 and 2, but neither it nor armored fist. I remember the game had a sci-fi futuristic feel, but the vehicle designs (at least the early ones) had modern looks.

I.e. the light tank was tracked and looked more like a Russian BMP. The main battle tanks looked more like an upgraded abrams or T-80s. The jets were kinda like F-16s and F-14 tomcats, with futuristic/upgraded designs.

Gameplay i think has the same concept as Battlezone. You had a strategic 3rd person perspective, commanding the mass of units (w/ limited AI) you spawn, but you can manually control any unit you spawn in 1st person perspective.

Thanks for your help though. It eliminates some titles from possibilities.

came out about 10 years ago. The game was a PC straegy game i think on a disc, you would build units and hire heroes based on guild halls, although you could not control the units by giving orders, you would set a bounty on a monster or enemy and they would be motivated to attack based on the bounty. There was a happiness level i think. The opening media narrarator had a voice like sean connery's. The name had something to do with "hero" or "realm" but not heros of might and magic or quest for heroes or masters of magic (great game by the way). Thank you for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

I've been trying to remember an old pc game i used to play.

It was a game where you're a spaceship commander or something and you move round the inside of the ship in a 3d manner, you get given missions and if you succeed you get promoted.
It was a great game, you had to choose the room in the ship you wanted to go to like the bridge or your quarters, the further you got in the game the more rooms were available and as you were promoted you got a better ship, you could be demoted too and sent back to your old ship. It was first person inside the ship but had a homeworld feel during battles which were done in the bridge i think or a tactical room.

It was in the early 90's

Any ideas?

I got one game also I have been looking for.

It was an 90's computer game where you were the commander of a ship and you have 7 departments including your own and you started with an robot as one of your crew members. eventually you got other members to join your crew.

the races of aliens in the game consisted of gheehebarant and vantu or vestu if I am not mistaken. and there were also another race of aliens that were blue and furry and very violent. and another race of aliens that were very peaceful and were brown colored with big noses.

the game was set in space and I remember one of the first crew members you got was a woman named Cassie.

you searched planet to planet to mine for minerals and resources. plus you got into fights with other ships and could steal their weapons, armor, and fuel if you destroyed the ship.

anyone know anything about this one? it was a great game just can't remember the name of it

DarkKenpachi: That sounds a bit like StarFlight (or maybe StarFlight II, which I never played), except it was released in the 80s.

[quote name='ID2006']DarkKenpachi: That sounds a bit like StarFlight (or maybe StarFlight II, which I never played), except it was released in the 80s.[/quote]

just checked this link again. sorry for taking so long to respond.

anyway I checked your suggestion out and thats not it. thanks for the help.

a little more about the game. from what I remember

there were a lot of races:

-blue monster fuzzy like creatures-violent race but not bad guys
-brown big nose creatures-very polite and didn't fight at all
-ventu or vestu gray colored aliens and very proper like- they fought but were very advanced
-there were robots in your crew
-humans in your crew
-and the bad race was a race of aliens that were primarily red

you had 2 different types of ships. your main cruiser and then you have one that you deployed to planet surfaces to mine for materials and possibly pick up captives on alien planets.

the animation was actually very good for the time I remember.

I remember there being space pirates and you had 7 different spots to fill on your crew.

-pilot you
-navigation your robot
-health
-research
-weapons
-communications

not sure if these are the exact departments but there were 7 of them.

oh yeah when you fought the most ships you could fight at one time were 3.

I really need to remember this game because it is killing me to not remember the name of it.

just found the game it is called Protostar. it is the sequel to the starflight games you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah tell me about it, it's killing me that i can't remember the name of this game.

I think i remember the game you're on about vaguely, sorry i can't be anymore help but my memory of those days is a little shoddy at best.

Now i want to know what your game's name is, goddammit!!!

Please anyone help?????

[quote name='tornado03']came out about 10 years ago. The game was a PC straegy game i think on a disc, you would build units and hire heroes based on guild halls, although you could not control the units by giving orders, you would set a bounty on a monster or enemy and they would be motivated to attack based on the bounty. There was a happiness level i think. The opening media narrarator had a voice like sean connery's. The name had something to do with "hero" or "realm" but not heros of might and magic or quest for heroes or masters of magic (great game by the way). Thank you for your help[/quote]

sounds a lot like any from the Warlords series.....loved them, II deluxe was the best

This game was about a boy who was on a quest (although I don't remember what it was...) and he had to go to different places and do different things. I remember he was in the forest at one point and he had to get tree roots for an old guy that lived in a cottage near by... in another situation he had to avoid vultures while trying to get something... I know it sounds strange! I believe the title had "Quest" in it, although I am not completely sure...
Please help me if you can!

Everyone is asking...
so I'll ask too ^^

I remember this game my Dad use to play on his old Packard Bell (I think that was the computer); well it was a point and click adventure game (Monkey Island, Myst, etc).

I only remember the beginning bit of it (too scared to play it then). Basically I think the main character is either a pirate or a merchant washed up ashore near a small village/town. I had no idea what I needed to do and when I walked into the water these skeleton will put me in a line going into a 'cavern' like place (I'm assuming its h*** or something). I remember one scene where I found a small ring at the village and ended up giving it to a guard to open a gate I think.

[quote name='rumours77']This game was about a boy who was on a quest (although I don't remember what it was...) and he had to go to different places and do different things. I remember he was in the forest at one point and he had to get tree roots for an old guy that lived in a cottage near by... in another situation he had to avoid vultures while trying to get something... I know it sounds strange! I believe the title had "Quest" in it, although I am not completely sure...
Please help me if you can![/QUOTE]
Sounds like a Sierra game, maybe Kings Quest or Quest for Glory.

Check out some abandonware sites, they'll have screenshots and stuff.

[quote name='rumours77']This game was about a boy who was on a quest (although I don't remember what it was...) and he had to go to different places and do different things. I remember he was in the forest at one point and he had to get tree roots for an old guy that lived in a cottage near by... in another situation he had to avoid vultures while trying to get something... I know it sounds strange! I believe the title had "Quest" in it, although I am not completely sure...
Please help me if you can![/QUOTE]

You asked this exact same question last year in August. The answer is still the same - Torin's Passage by Al Lowe.

Is it that hard to remember, or is this some sort of weird new bot/spam thing?

*looks at other posts by this user*

What the fuck. These are the ONLY TWO POSTS YOU'VE MADE ON HERE?

[quote name='dejeckt']Everyone is asking...
so I'll ask too ^^

I remember this game my Dad use to play on his old Packard Bell (I think that was the computer); well it was a point and click adventure game (Monkey Island, Myst, etc).

I only remember the beginning bit of it (too scared to play it then). Basically I think the main character is either a pirate or a merchant washed up ashore near a small village/town. I had no idea what I needed to do and when I walked into the water these skeleton will put me in a line going into a 'cavern' like place (I'm assuming its h*** or something). I remember one scene where I found a small ring at the village and ended up giving it to a guard to open a gate I think.[/QUOTE]

You appear to be describing King's Quest 6: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.

[quote name='Strell']You appear to be describing King's Quest 6: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Damnit, I beat that game too. The pirate thing threw me off.

Im thinking of an old Star Trek strategy game. Your could play as either the federation, klingons, cardasions, and the ferangi i think. Your goal was to conquer the map. Each little square was either empty space or a planet i think and depending on which colony your are, you can either attack it or their were other options. You could create large fleets to battle against other armies. After a while the borg would appear and try to destroy everything.

You could fight back but it was close to impossible. What was the name of the game.

[quote name='Silverpslm']Im thinking of an old Star Trek strategy game. Your could play as either the federation, klingons, cardasions, and the ferangi i think. Your goal was to conquer the map. Each little square was either empty space or a planet i think and depending on which colony your are, you can either attack it or their were other options. You could create large fleets to battle against other armies. After a while the borg would appear and try to destroy everything.

You could fight back but it was close to impossible. What was the name of the game.[/QUOTE]
Birth of the Federation.

I cant remember the name of this old pc game i used to play.

The story is about this scientist who creates a smart rat. however, something goes wrong and the scientist's brain get destroyed. your job is to restore his brain along with the rat by playing a bunch of puzzle games. one puzzle i remember was putting a classical song back in proper order.

[quote name='Silverpslm']I cant remember the name of this old pc game i used to play.

The story is about this scientist who creates a smart rat. however, something goes wrong and the scientist's brain get destroyed. your job is to restore his brain along with the rat by playing a bunch of puzzle games. one puzzle i remember was putting a classical song back in proper order.[/QUOTE]
One of the Dr. Brain games?
Maybe The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain?

ok i remember playing this game on my mom's compaq presario laptop back in the late 90's. it would always slow and freeze up and so i could never finish the game. it was about this fatty guy with a beanie propeller cap and his butt crack always showed:booty:. he had to go from one side of the country to the other, arriving at famous landmarks, while a bunch of ghosts were trying to get rid of him. and between every level, he had to drive on the freeway, going over gas tanks and stuff to regain his strength. does anyone know what i'm talking about?

There is one pc games that involves a biker. In one scene he wakes up in a dumpster, and he needs to find his bike. when he finds it the keys are missing. He later finds out a bartender took it. Theres another scene where he fights another biker while on the road. whats the name

There is one pc games that involves a biker. In one scene he wakes up in a dumpster, and he needs to find his bike. when he finds it the keys are missing. He later finds out a bartender took it. Theres another scene where he fights another biker while on the road. whats the name

[quote name='Silverpslm']There is one pc games that involves a biker. In one scene he wakes up in a dumpster, and he needs to find his bike. when he finds it the keys are missing. He later finds out a bartender took it. Theres another scene where he fights another biker while on the road. whats the name[/QUOTE]

Full Throttle, from Lucasarts, by Tim Schafer.

Full_Throttle_kuvakaappaus.png

hey guys i need help trying to figure out the name of an old pc game. all i remember was that you started off in a prison cell with no weapons or anything and you had to try and escape, but everytime you died, or got caught or something you'd wake up in the same cell again. oh and it was kinda cartoony in terms of graphics i guess. i know its not much but i would appreciate any help :)

[quote name='Anna-Maria']hey guys i need help trying to figure out the name of an old pc game. all i remember was that you started off in a prison cell with no weapons or anything and you had to try and escape, but everytime you died, or got caught or something you'd wake up in the same cell again. oh and it was kinda cartoony in terms of graphics i guess. i know its not much but i would appreciate any help :)[/QUOTE]

Little Big Adventure, aka Twinsen's Odyssey?

Foto+Little+Big+Adventure.jpg

not a PC game but maybe someone could help figure this one out.. unfortunately I never found out the other two games I asked about but luckily I have more details to provide on this one:

The game was either for 3DO or CD-i, I don't remember which one specifically. It was either a shooter a la maddog mcree or a reflex game like dragon's lair. It was an anime game, although I don't know if it was based on a series or it's own standalone product. You were running around a city(the city may have been in shambles or a bleak futuristic setting) shooting bad guys. You didn't actually see your character unless it was a cutscene. That's really all I remember unfortunately.

I was a strategy game, you were a little kid dressed in light blue and you were supposed to go through levels, it was really hard.. the name was something with CHILD I dont remember clearly.. you were allowed to move blocks in order to find the exit and use skaters and use fire to finish the level, the view of the game was from above.. you could see the child from above.. the name i repeat was soemthing with child.. it was awesome!

[quote name='danielg10']I was a strategy game, you were a little kid dressed in light blue and you were supposed to go through levels, it was really hard.. the name was something with CHILD I dont remember clearly.. you were allowed to move blocks in order to find the exit and use skaters and use fire to finish the level, the view of the game was from above.. you could see the child from above.. the name i repeat was soemthing with child.. it was awesome![/QUOTE]

Chip's Challenge?

chipschallenge.jpg

Well... the title does sound like it's inviting people to post game descriptions.
"Need help figuring out the name of some late 90's PC game?" Well ask in here!

It's kinda better than having dozens of threads though.

[quote name='mguiddy']Well... the title does sound like it's inviting people to post game descriptions.

It's kinda better than having dozens of threads though.[/QUOTE]I totally agree. It just seems people are finding this through Google or something. All the people that ask questions signed up on CAG the day they posted.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I totally agree. It just seems people are finding this through Google or something. All the people that ask questions signed up on CAG the day they posted.[/QUOTE]

Well, again - look back a few posts, and someone asked about Torin's Passage in here, I answered it, thought it was oddly familiar, and saw that the poster had asked the same thing several months ago. It's actually directly copy/pasted in each post. These were the only two posts they've ever had on CAG and have never returned. Bizarro.

I think it's a bit weird too at times, as if these were bots acting of their own accord. But I don't really know.

[quote name='strell']i think it's a bit weird too at times, as if these were bots acting of their own accord. But i don't really know.[/quote]

01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110101 01110011 00100000 01110011 01100101 01101110 01110100 01101001 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100000 01100010 01100101 01101001 01101110 01100111 01110011

[quote name='mguiddy']Well... the title does sound like it's inviting people to post game descriptions.

It's kinda better than having dozens of threads though.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I asked here because before I was creating seperate threads for individual "name this game" questions, and it just seemed like a better idea to keep it to one thread. I think a better idea would be to create a new "name this game" thread(I actually wouldn't expect from the title that this thread turn into what it is now at first), I don't think we have one of those yet right?

[quote name='eastshore4']Exactly. I asked here because before I was creating seperate threads for individual "name this game" questions, and it just seemed like a better idea to keep it to one thread. I think a better idea would be to create a new "name this game" thread(I actually wouldn't expect from the title that this thread turn into what it is now at first), I don't think we have one of those yet right?[/QUOTE]I like this thread; I don't think we need a new one. It just amuses me how several people signed up for CAG just to ask something in it, and "our knowledge staff" always deliver, hehe.

[quote name='Strell']Well, again - look back a few posts, and someone asked about Torin's Passage in here, I answered it, thought it was oddly familiar, and saw that the poster had asked the same thing several months ago. It's actually directly copy/pasted in each post. These were the only two posts they've ever had on CAG and have never returned. Bizarro.

I think it's a bit weird too at times, as if these were bots acting of their own accord. But I don't really know.[/QUOTE]My guess on that is the guy signed up to ask about his game, never checked back in the thread, forgot about it, it bugged him again a year later, and he googled and found this site again. Either that, or the first step to Skynet is 90s gaming nostalgia.

bread's done
Back