For the French-haters among us

dennis_t

CAGiversary!
Guess who's saving our ass regarding the flu shot shortage?

So how many of you wingers will forego a flu shot to show your disdain for the "cheese-eating surrender monkeys"? After all, you wouldn't want to be hypocrites, would you?

http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=&fArticleId=2268281

French firm to help US beat the flu bug
October 20, 2004

Washington - A French pharmaceutical company will supply 2.6 million extra anti-flu shots to help the United States cope with a vaccine shortage that has sparked public concern, a top US health official said on Tuesday.

Tommy Thompson, Health and Human Services Secretary for the United States, said Aventis-Pasteur, a division of French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi-Aventis, will raise the number of vaccines available in the US to 58 million in January.

The doses represent more than half of what the United States needs.

OHHHHH a French company that wants to make money! I'm shocked! You mean the French are going to take advantage of people? OMG! Call the networks!

It's a fucking flu shot. It's not a cure for VX gas in a biowar zone. I've never had a flu shot, and neither has anyone I know other than my long since dead grandmother. Good God only hacks like you Dennis think the flu is going to kill you and we should worship at the spichnter of those fucking cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Tell you what, I'll take back the ethnic slur if the French government donates them free of charge to us. Since I know they won't you just learned rule one of capitalism; sell your goods to people that need or want them.

Wow, what a difficult concept for government knows all/best types to learn!

enjoy you freedom fries PAD and your american wine. We were the ones too good to buy from france. Very spiteful of us, and now when the US gov needs france its alright to buy their product. I dont see any Repubs complaining now about freedom vaccines or boycotts now.

Yet again France has to save our asses from the British.

(first time was the revolutionary war, now it is because of the contaminated vaccine)

36,000 people in the US die from the flu each year (granted most of these are the elderly). Still if the flu vaccine saved only 25% of these people it would 9000 lives.

Link to flu death numbers http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/EMIHC000/333/333/359861.html

I haven't heard any charges of the French jacking up the price for the vaccine (which would be true capitalism at its best) so vive la France.

It'll be interesting to see if all the "freedom fry" and "freedom toast" eating people will skip their flu shot and take a chance at "freedom kissing" their ass goodbye.

[quote name='MrBadExample']It'll be interesting to see if all the "freedom fry" and "freedom toast" eating people will skip their flu shot and take a chance at "freedom kissing" their ass goodbye.[/quote]

The funny thing about that is neither french fries or french toast are French. They are really Belgian and American, respectively.

Eh, I've never liked the French. I'm not getting a flu vaccine, therefore I do not benefit from this and will still not like the french.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Eh, I've never liked the French. I'm not getting a flu vaccine, therefore I do not benefit from this and will still not like the french.[/quote]

Same here.

France + War =
france5.gif

That is priceless.

Also for the french haters: make sure not to use any french inventions, like bicycles, electric irons, gyroscopes, mayonnaise, sterilized food, or pencils.

The French didn't save us from the British in this case. Why?

1.) 2.6 million flu shots isn't enough to cover the 48 million shot gap. I appreciate them sending the shots our way, but it's not gonna cover the deficit.

2.) Theyr'e actually saving us from ourselves. Chiron's located in Emeryville, CA. They outsourced the production of the vaccine to the Brits, where it got contaminated. However, the British were actually the ones who shut down that particular batch of vaccine - NOT the American government.

3.) Just as pre-emption - it's not fear of litigation that's caused the shortage either, despite what BushCo. will tell you.

seppo

[quote name='elprincipe'][quote name='MrBadExample']It'll be interesting to see if all the "freedom fry" and "freedom toast" eating people will skip their flu shot and take a chance at "freedom kissing" their ass goodbye.[/quote]

The funny thing about that is neither french fries or french toast are French. They are really Belgian and American, respectively.[/quote]

No one ever said the Hate France Club was smart.

Umm France isn't doing crap. The government isn't doing this, nor is even the majority of the country, it's one freaking company who stands to make some money by exporting some much needed drugs to our country. Contrary to some outlandish claims they are saving us, granted it will help yes, but there's a plan to acquire as many flu shots as possible and they just got in on the deal, if we didn't get them from this company it'd be another. Not to mention how is providing a fraction of we need totally "saving our ass" Are we saving all the people with diabetes in France when one of our pharmaceutical sells some insulin to them? We'll probably get some more from Canada, will they be saving us too? Wake the fuck up people, it's business people they sell us drugs we need and it's a two-way street. I'll tell you what Dennis when the government of France or even a majority of the country does some sort of actually saving gesture maybe you can make this thread, but until then you are just a crazy leftist throwing out spin.

[quote name='eldad9']Also for the french haters: make sure not to use any french inventions, like bicycles, electric irons, gyroscopes, mayonnaise, sterilized food, or pencils.[/quote]

Does this mean the French can't use any of our inventions, like

light bulbs
automobiles
airplanes
computers
electric power
telephones
etc

?

Let the fucking cheese eating surrender monkeys ride their bicycles everywhere.

[quote name='Backlash']I don't even remember why everyone hates the French so much. What was it that happened?[/quote]

They sided with Saddam over the US because of under the table deals in a corrupt program.

Do a google search for "france food for oil".

No. All the French hating started WAY before that scandal broke (as I remember - though that food for oil corruption is horrible). What was all that crap with the "Freedom Fries?" Is this just because they didn't help invade Iraq?

[quote name='JCDenton']

light bulbs
automobiles
airplanes
computers
electric power
telephones
etc

?

Let the shaq-fuing cheese eating surrender monkeys ride their bicycles everywhere.[/quote]

The light bulb was invented by an Englishman, Sir Humphrey Davy. Edison refined the concept to make it practical, but he didn't invent it.

Computers were invented by a German named Konrad Zuse.

"Electricity" was discovered by Thales of Miletus, but an English scientist coined the term "electricity." Otto von Guericke invented a machine that produced static electricity. He wasn't American, either.

The automobile (by most definitions) was invented by Nicolas Joseph Cugnot, a Frenchman.

The telephone, and the airplane are genuine American inventions, however.

The high road, at this point, would be to let the facts speak for themselves. But I'm not a wise man, and I can't resist calling you an idiot.

Idiot.

seppo

[quote name='helava'][quote name='JCDenton']

light bulbs
automobiles
airplanes
computers
electric power
telephones
etc

?

Let the shaq-fuing cheese eating surrender monkeys ride their bicycles everywhere.[/quote]

The light bulb was invented by an Englishman, Sir Humphrey Davy. Edison refined the concept to make it practical, but he didn't invent it.

"Electricity" was discovered by Thales of Miletus, but an English scientist coined the term "electricity." Otto von Guericke invented a machine that produced static electricity. He wasn't American, either.

The automobile (by most definitions) was invented by Nicolas Joseph Cugnot, a Frenchman.

The high road, at this point, would be to let the facts speak for themselves. But I'm not a wise man, and I can't resist calling you an idiot.

Idiot.

seppo[/quote]

Yes, the facts...

[quote name='defender']http://www.factualmaterial.com/fuckfrance.htm[/quote]

Actually helava left out a man that made perhaps one of the biggest stride in electrical power (which isn't exactly electricity btw, electrical power involves harnessing to well, power things).

Anyhow I think Alessandro Volta (an Italian) was the first to create an electrical battery, develop a practical method for generating electricity, and prove you could get electricity to travel via wires. Also his name is clearly where we get the term volt.

Stop correcting helava, he's not used to being questioned. Now helava, back to your comic book store where you dish out the insults instead of being the target of them.

light bulbs
automobiles
airplanes
computers
electric power
telephones
etc

?

Idiot.

seppo[/quote]
:notworth:

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Stop correcting helava, he's not used to being questioned. Now helava, back to your comic book store where you dish out the insults instead of being the target of them.[/quote]

Being a left-winger, it's probably more likely "Retreat! To the Hamptons! Tralala-la-la!". :lol:

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']back to your comic book store where you dish out the insults instead of being the target of them.[/quote]

Heh, heh, that was actually kinda funny. Though a misquote, it was close enough.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Stop correcting helava, he's not used to being questioned. Now helava, back to your comic book store where you dish out the insults instead of being the target of them.[/quote]

Uh... that wasn't a correction. I thought it was just an addition.

Again, I think the high road would be to let that stand for itself - it does quite nicely, given the simplicity and the obviousness of what was posted. But there's still that nagging feeling that the post isn't quite complete, without calling PAD a moron.

So...

PAD, you're a moron.

seppo

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Actually helava left out a man that made perhaps one of the biggest stride in electrical power (which isn't exactly electricity btw, electrical power involves harnessing to well, power things).

Anyhow I think Alessandro Volta (an Italian) was the first to create an electrical battery, develop a practical method for generating electricity, and prove you could get electricity to travel via wires. Also his name is clearly where we get the term volt.[/quote]

Actually, the first voltaic battery was built in Baghdad around 200 b.c.

It was used for electroplating metal.

The were a very advanced civilization.

[quote name='Backlash']I don't even remember why everyone hates the French so much. What was it that happened?[/quote]

Well? I never really got an answer to this.

[quote name='Backlash'][quote name='Backlash']I don't even remember why everyone hates the French so much. What was it that happened?[/quote]

Well? I never really got an answer to this.[/quote]

Thw White House and congress riddikuled the French and pressured the media to follow suit and before you know it FOX News, CNN, and half the sitcoms on network TV are riddikuling the French.

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='Backlash'][quote name='Backlash']I don't even remember why everyone hates the French so much. What was it that happened?[/quote]

Well? I never really got an answer to this.[/quote]

Thw White House and congress riddikuled the French and pressured the media to follow suit and before you know it FOX News, CNN, and half the sitcoms on network TV are riddikuling the French.[/quote]

That's why hatred for the french increased, but they always had a certain hateable quality.

light bulbs
automobiles
airplanes
computers
electric power
telephones
etc

?

Idiot.

seppo[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe a Canadian invented the telephone, Alexander Graham Bell.

bread's done
Back