Dominos Pizza Japan - Lunch with CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[digg]http://digg.com/videos/comedy/Dominos_Pizza_Japan[/digg]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNXhqfCmehE[/media]

What's the special sauce? I hesitate to ask considering the "special topping" included. Hehe. Nice work on the subtitles. Always enjoy a look at other cultures.

BTW, on an other-side-of-the-world pizza update, in the Philippines at this pizza chain, they always give you packets of hot sauce to put on the pizza. It's a little sweeter than Tabasco, but still has the same kick. Needless to say, it's awesome.

WTF! A $75 dollar pizza? Very un-cheapassgamer. I wonder what is a " I sprinkled a few pubes on top, special for you" means? I guess you will be spending more time on ass wash.

[quote name='fatbeer']WTF! A $75 dollar pizza? Very un-cheapassgamer. I wonder what is a " I sprinkled a few pubes on top, special for you" means? I guess you will be spending more time on ass wash.[/quote]

Both of those were a joke.

a funny silly short video. congrats cheapy, i think that your videos production value goes up with each one. Are you just pulling this off with imovie or did you pick up final cut?

i cant wait till i see the video tour of the cag offices :D

I never really got around to registering at CAG. Oddly enough this video was the reason I finally registered....

Go figure.

Never realized pizza delivery could be this entertaining.\\:D/

[quote name='CheapyD']The pizza was probably about $15 after coupon.
There is no tipping in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Really? No tipping at all? Even at bars or restaurants?

that pizza looked nasty no offence and cheapy do they use to deliver tranportation wise and brooklyn style pizza is like 11 bucks with tax

Hey! You just filmed 1/20th of your office video tour! Must be an episodic series. The black bookshelf made for a nice pilot. I can't wait for next week when we get to see the ceiling!

Seriously: great work, Cheapy. Your videos are 10X more entertaining then they should be.

That pizza looked disgusting Cheapy. The combination of toppings made it look like a powerful mess. The japanese delivery people sure do like to joke around a lot when delivering pizza. If they did that to me, I'd reboot their face.

fuck yeah! Japanese Domino's rules!

And that bow was the "you're a big bald Gaijin bow". Sorry, Cheapy you don't get the "ancestory-worthy" bow.

Ha ha, seriously give the guy a break, you're so much taller than him, he didn't even need to bow. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']
There is no tipping in Japan.[/QUOTE]
BWALLIN'

That pizza looks pretty gross though? Corn and brocolli? Get that weak shit out my face!

I worked at a pizza shop for 10 years and have tasted almost every kind of pizza you can imagine. So basically, ANYTHING on a pizza looks good to me now, lol. Corn, never thought of that, sounds awesome!

That pizza looked really good to me actually.
I wish I could taste it.

Oh, and I don't know why, but I really enjoy your food segments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, it shoulda been obvious that the subtitles were jokes. No pizza is gonna cost you $75, nor will they graciously say they've sprinkled pubes on a pizza for you.

Honestly though, eating anything in Japan must require that you have an acquired taste for things like that. I honestly couldn't eat that.

[quote name='Tsukento']Guys, it shoulda been obvious that the subtitles were jokes. No pizza is gonna cost you $75, nor will they graciously say they've sprinkled pubes on a pizza for you.
[/quote]

You never know about the pubes. You just never know.

Another great video, mmm Japanese pizza....I'd try it out, but I'll admit I'd choose the classic Pepperoni over that first.

How popular is pizza in Japan Cheapy? When I was over in Hong Kong last year, I remember one night where I wanted to get a slice, and Pizza Hut was near my hotel was packed, they told me that I needed to wait 40 min or so to get a table, so I went over to the McDs across the street.

I can't believe how many people are believing that it came to $75.00. :roll:
You can put anything in subtitles, and people will believe it!

I think both pizzas looked delicious, and I like Dominos despite the hate they get by "pizza elitist."

And I expected a star wipe, damnit.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']

Whats the turnaround time from call to delivery?[/quote]About 20 minutes. They tell you the ETA on the website.
[quote name='nesfan8222']a funny silly short video. congrats cheapy, i think that your videos production value goes up with each one. Are you just pulling this off with imovie or did you pick up final cut?
[/quote] Yup, iMovie HD (6).

[quote name='Haggar']Really? No tipping at all? Even at bars or restaurants?[/quote]Nope, no tipping anywhere. It's a culture thing, I guess. Funny how you get much better service at restaurants here than in the USA. Tipping clearly is not an incentive to provide better service.

Oh, digg this!
[digg]http://digg.com/videos_comedy/Dominos_Pizza_Japan[/digg]

[quote name='dbzeng']Hey cheapy, where is the music from during the part where he does not meet the bowing standards[/quote]It's from iMovie's sound bank.

Shit, for $75 that pizza BETTER have pubes on it, what else are you paying that much for?

No tipping? If only Resevoir Dogs had taken place in Japan... Mr Pink might have had an easier time.

Nothing better than giddily jumping to the door.

Anyone else think pizza should only be pepperoni or cheese?

Pepperoni and cheese, possibly mushrooms.

I got a good laugh out of the video -- until I got to the "not part of the joke" corn on the pizza.

--"More testicles, means more iron." - Lunch Lady Doris

lmao@ pplz thinking the subtitles were real. i enjoyed the video. pizza looked good. i wouldnt mind trying it. im tempted to call Dominos now, & ask for Japanese pizza. lol

[quote name='CYRiX']
Anyone else think pizza should only be pepperoni or cheese?[/quote]

I haven't eaten either in almost 4 years, so I'll have to disagree :)

But I'm down with the mushrooms, Startrbear!

[quote name='startrbear'] Pepperoni and cheese, possibly mushrooms.

I got a good laugh out of the video -- until I got to the "not part of the joke" corn on the pizza.

--"More testicles, means more iron." - Lunch Lady Doris[/quote]
Would you like a Pepcid with that, grandpa?

In this day and age, we have much more pizza topping variety. Experience it! Cheapy is!

bread's done
Back