Black Friday

fragmanslayer

CAGiversary!
Any leads to black friday lists. I know its way too early, just hoping. I need to know how much to save up for so I can buy to my hearts content.

heard KBTOYS is going to be selling the Gameboy advance (the old ones) for 19.99 from 5-11am dont know if nationwide or just local

Also this is just a PURE RUMOR here in fort wayne dont expect much since alot of stores are not really planning nothing on this day. HH Gregs stopped doing it a few years back and some other stores have started to follow... I remember 5 years ago we would get up at 4am and keep shopping the great deals till noon or 1 but last year there was so few deals we got up at 4 and was back in bed by 8

Edit: many newspapers should have the ads within the next week or two remember its only 5 Weeks from today.... hopefully be playing my DS in 5 weeks ")

I can help you guys on the WM front.I work as an overnight manager for WM and the merchandise for Blitz should be rolling in soon.

Ill keep tabs and keep you guys posted.

I can't wait for this. Hopefully that GBA KBToys deals is true since I was just there a few days ago and mine an dhad a ton of them and i've been meaning to replace mine for some time.

[quote name='RandyTsai']Can we use this post as the offical black friday deal list?[/quote]

im going to suggest not for the moment. When a stores BF ad gets released, it should get its own thread, and then after a few releases, a catchall thread. Thats how it worked last year...and it worked fine.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='RandyTsai']Can we use this post as the offical black friday deal list?[/quote]

im going to suggest not for the moment. When a stores BF ad gets released, it should get its own thread, and then after a few releases, a catchall thread. Thats how it worked last year...and it worked fine.[/quote]

Sounds delicious, thanks.

How about making Black Friday into Buy Nothing Day?
http://www.adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/

It really would show how much power people have against the corporate giants. But sadly, it wont take off, I mean, its gotta be worth getting trampled on if you want a $20 DVD player! (which happened to a lady from last year, but she had a history of "being trampled")

[quote name='Arakias']How about making Black Friday into Buy Nothing Day?

It really would show how much power people have against the corporate giants. But sadly, it wont take off, I mean, its gotta be worth getting trampled on if you want a $20 DVD player! (which happened to a lady from last year, but she had a history of "being trampled")[/quote]

Thank god we have websites like this saving us from the "evil" corporations. The idea is absurd, just like not buying gas for one day was absurd.

I normally don't shop on Black Friday, because I am too lazy to get up at the crack of dawn to wait in line for a sale that might be sold out before I get to it. Guess I will just have to see if there is anything worth getting up for. Hopefully some of the good stuff will be online.

We should be getting the BF ads soon, lets hope it doesn't turn into a fiasco like it has the past few years (companies suing sites like FW).

I'm hoping to pick up some computer parts on the cheap like a new motherboard, hard drive and whatever else is next to free at 5 a.m. on Black Friday...

Not at all into the BF madness. I'll buy it when I want it at my own convenience. The extra savings isn't worth the hassle of the crowd.

It's the post-Thanksgiving shopping madness that ensues from lots of good deals from stores that are usually on a limited-time only basis. Bring your riot gear. It's a mess.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's the post-Thanksgiving shopping madness that ensues from lots of good deals from stores that are usually on a limited-time only basis. Bring your riot gear. It's a mess.[/quote]

forget the riot gear, that will just slow you down, just have some pepper spray on your keychain, too bad mace is illegal.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='SteveMcQ']It's the post-Thanksgiving shopping madness that ensues from lots of good deals from stores that are usually on a limited-time only basis. Bring your riot gear. It's a mess.[/quote]

forget the riot gear, that will just slow you down, just have some pepper spray on your keychain, too bad mace is illegal.[/quote]

i got punched in the gut 3 years ago at BB over a FReaking 19 inch tv. This big fat lady pushed in front of me hit me with her elbow and took the last one. I went up to customer service stold in line for 45 mins and it was worth it .. they gave me a 25 inch tv for the same price.... i think the only reason they did it was they though i was going to sue them. Ever since then our local BB had out numbers to get the real cheap items

I love the deal but I hate deal hungry crowds!!!
So I almost never head out to the BF shopping deals unless there is that one deal I can't pass up!!

I've never gone out on Black Friday....but I've worked through them before. God help your poor retail souls. I think this year I'm going to head out and see what it's all about.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='SteveMcQ']It's the post-Thanksgiving shopping madness that ensues from lots of good deals from stores that are usually on a limited-time only basis. Bring your riot gear. It's a mess.[/quote]

forget the riot gear, that will just slow you down, just have some pepper spray on your keychain, too bad mace is illegal.[/quote]

Just FYI "mace" is a brand name for concentrated aersosal tear gas. "Mace" is also only illegal in a very few states. However, mace has very little affect on many drugged states (especially PCP).. because of this, police departments went to pepper spray (actually aerosal oleoresin capsicum, a derivative of cayenne peppers). When police departments started exclusively using pepper spray, the civilian market basically followed through.

A quick note, if you're purchasing pepper spray for personal defence, don't buy the stuff available at your local Walmart or wherenot. Civlian pepper spray is 10% or lower concentrate. If you locate a police supply store (they're in every major metropolitan area).. you can buy law enforcement strength, 15% - 25%. Noone is going to stand up a shot of 25% spray.

I hadn't known that deathcabforcutie. hopefully that isn't the same this year. I know that half a year after Warcraft3 was released I went to BB and they had the whole battle chest for $25. I was so happy. They also had some two packs for the prce of one GH game and Burnout 1 for GCN for $10 bucks that I picked up.

I actually think i'm going to brave the crowds this year. Normally i just sleep through BF. What with the overstuffing of myself with turkey and whatnot, i just sleep 'til saturday. Hopefully i'll be bale to pick up some cheap stuff, and yeah that KBToys GBA deal sounds outrageous if it's true!

Well I went last year for te cube/zelda bundle and it was fun.

This year I planned on finding some of the best deals and just going into the store stocking a cart full of that product and walking around with it in my cart.

Maybe buy a few and take them to the parking lot to see what I can make!!!

Its gonna be great!

black friday is sooooo much fun
i always get what im looking for
never let the crowds push u around
just pure cunning and sneakiness will keep u on top

i remember black friday last yr when i got my gamecube/zelda bundle at walmart for 80$ i have never seen so many gamecubes in one store they had probably 300 cubes and a lot of people buying em, cant wait til next month hopefully 100$ pstwo maybe DS's if they are out by then

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='dracula'][quote name='SteveMcQ']It's the post-Thanksgiving shopping madness that ensues from lots of good deals from stores that are usually on a limited-time only basis. Bring your riot gear. It's a mess.[/quote]

Just FYI "mace" is a brand name for concentrated aersosal tear gas. "Mace" is also only illegal in a very few states. However, mace has very little affect on many drugged states (especially PCP).. because of this, police departments went to pepper spray (actually aerosal oleoresin capsicum, a derivative of cayenne peppers). When police departments started exclusively using pepper spray, the civilian market basically followed through.

A quick note, if you're purchasing pepper spray for personal defence, don't buy the stuff available at your local Walmart or wherenot. Civlian pepper spray is 10% or lower concentrate. If you locate a police supply store (they're in every major metropolitan area).. you can buy law enforcement strength, 15% - 25%. Noone is going to stand up a shot of 25% spray.[/quote]

Hmm I wonder if the police supply store will be having a black friday sale as well?

[quote name='Arakias']How about making Black Friday into Buy Nothing Day?

It really would show how much power people have against the corporate giants. But sadly, it wont take off, I mean, its gotta be worth getting trampled on if you want a $20 DVD player! (which happened to a lady from last year, but she had a history of "being trampled")[/quote]

At the BB in Jacksonville a couple was shopping on Black Friday, and the woman was verrry pregnant. Well after the craziness of the first 30 minutes, she was having her baby, in the store. Whats worse is that she had to be hauled away in a ambulence but told her husband to "Stay here and buy the presents" How do I know this? Yours truly stepped in a ikky mess on the floor and was like WTF just as the people were bringing the caution wet floor signs

So just some quick things for you BF regulars. I haven't gone in a while now. Do a lot of these deals usually come in the apapers before hand. Cuz I usually just check em and if nothing's good then I dont head out. Where do you think I'm likely to get a good deal on an Xbox system. Will I need to bring brass knuckles with me? Perhaps a football helmet?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i remember black friday last yr when i got my gamecube/zelda bundle at walmart for 80$ i have never seen so many gamecubes in one store they had probably 300 cubes and a lot of people buying em, cant wait til next month hopefully 100$ pstwo maybe DS's if they are out by then[/quote]

keep dreaming if you think any store is going to drop the DS below 150 the demand will force it to stay at 150

I know one thing... if there's any way possible for me to use one of my vacation days, consume a couple of bottles of rum, and watch fist fights in Wal Mart over cheap ass DVD players and microwaves... I'm so there.

I did most of my Black Friday shopping online last year. EB, Circuit City, Wal-Mart and Best Buy all had their weekend sales (note - not the "Early Bird Specials") up at about 7:00 am.

I woke up at about 6:45, booted up my PC, got something to drink and did my ordering a little after seven. By 7:30 I was back in bed sleeping. I hope they do this again this year. I'll never go shopping in person again unless there's some must have early bird deal.

Unfortunately, this year my aunt might be coming to town for Thanksgiving and she's shops 24/7. Somehow I just know I'll be dragged into driving her around Charlotte all day.

Here's a cool Wal-Mart tip: if you have a Wal-Mart superstore they're called they are usually open 24/7. I went up last year Thanksgiving Day with my dad at midnight (so I guess it was technically Black Friday) and got all the weekend sale items we wanted without the insane lines. Something to look into if you see something you want this year that isn't a early bird since they aren't eligible until the posted time.

Someone asked about what Black Friday is ..

It's the day right after Thanksgiving, when all the stores have their huge Christmas Sales. It's called "Black Friday" because it's basically the store's last chance to get out of "the red" (in debt) before the end of the year.

Essentially, you can find low prices, great deals, and insane customers. It's a lot easier to order from online than it is to actually go out and shop, if you can do it. I ordered my stuff online and got great deals .. when I went to the stores, it was just too crowded and such to bear. Definitely stick with the online deals if you can.

hey guys what kind of video game deals do they usually have on black fridays? like 10% off or something?

i forgot what the deals were like last time...

[quote name='swetooth9']hey guys what kind of video game deals do they usually have on black fridays? like 10% off or something?

i forgot what the deals were like last time...[/quote]

HUGE sales, usually. $80 for a Cube with Zelda. $50 for a new GBA. Games for less than $5. It depends on the store, and I've got no idea what will be offered, but it could be worth checking out if you've got something particular in mind...

It's been years since I've done Black Friday, but this is going to be the first year that I can drive. If there's one item that catches my eye, it might be worth checking out. It's usually not worth it, though...

Are the people that work at these stores gonna post the deals here earlier? If so, that would rock.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='swetooth9']hey guys what kind of video game deals do they usually have on black fridays? like 10% off or something?

i forgot what the deals were like last time...[/quote]

HUGE sales, usually. $80 for a Cube with Zelda. $50 for a new GBA. Games for less than $5. It depends on the store, and I've got no idea what will be offered, but it could be worth checking out if you've got something particular in mind...

It's been years since I've done Black Friday, but this is going to be the first year that I can drive. If there's one item that catches my eye, it might be worth checking out. It's usually not worth it, though...[/quote]

never seen games less then5 name a few stores that sold games for less then 5 last year..... I would expect to see GBA for 20 SPS for 70 with game . Then the normal PS 2 xbox packages and the cube at WALMART FOR 80

[quote name='captainfrizo']I did most of my Black Friday shopping online last year. EB, Circuit City, Wal-Mart and Best Buy all had their weekend sales (note - not the "Early Bird Specials") up at about 7:00 am.

I woke up at about 6:45, booted up my PC, got something to drink and did my ordering a little after seven. By 7:30 I was back in bed sleeping. I hope they do this again this year. I'll never go shopping in person again unless there's some must have early bird deal.
[/quote]

That's what I did last year was well. I went to EB's website at around 6:30, ordered a few games and then went back to bed. It's definetly a lot better than waiting outside in the cold weather in line for some store to open.

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='captainfrizo']I did most of my Black Friday shopping online last year. EB, Circuit City, Wal-Mart and Best Buy all had their weekend sales (note - not the "Early Bird Specials") up at about 7:00 am.

[/quote]

That's what I did last year was well. I went to EB's website at around 6:30, ordered a few games and then went back to bed. It's definetly a lot better than waiting outside in the cold weather in line for some store to open.[/quote]

what time did EB and other sites start their offers online?

Im already anticipating the PC bundle deals at BestBuy. In fact, I'm lining up at 2 am, instead of 4 am last year so I can call the stuff.

EB had some awesome deals last year

Max Payne 2 (PC) for 20
GTA:VC (PC ) for 10

2 for 25 on all GH PH and PC games

I hope they have some good deals this year as well

I know this is a video game request thread, but will other electronics intormaiton for Black Friday be posted? I'm in the market for a new TV, hell even a new computer for that matter

Also, could we do DVD's? Last year @ Best Buy, I got the Simpsons S1 for $12!!! I am hoping for good deals on box sets. I really hope some store has a deal on the CSI Dvds b/c I'd buy them (I just wont pay $60 for a DVD set)

[quote name='bhfgamer']Also, could we do DVD's? Last year @ Best Buy, I got the Simpsons S1 for $12!!! I am hoping for good deals on box sets. I really hope some store has a deal on the CSI Dvds b/c I'd buy them (I just wont pay $60 for a DVD set)[/quote]
I already said this in another post, but last year DeepDiscountDVD.com started their 20% off all DVDs sale on black Friday. One can only hope.

[quote name='6669'][quote name='bhfgamer']Also, could we do DVD's? Last year @ Best Buy, I got the Simpsons S1 for $12!!! I am hoping for good deals on box sets. I really hope some store has a deal on the CSI Dvds b/c I'd buy them (I just wont pay $60 for a DVD set)[/quote]
I already said this in another post, but last year DeepDiscountDVD.com started their 20% off all DVDs sale on black Friday. One can only hope.[/quote]

Im going to see if I can surf the internet in front of BB, that way I can get the best of both worlds.

bread's done
Back