- - - - -

Black Friday

#61 Mistik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:22 PM

Gtguru, you might want to wait for BF on the deal because i remeber last year there were some serious markdowns as said in this topic. I'm gonna wait for my Xbox see if i can pick up a cheap bundle or something. This is great, I can find out all the deals here befoerhand. The CAG support system is a wonderful thing.

#62 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:39 AM

How about making Black Friday into Buy Nothing Day?
http://www.adbusters.../metas/eco/bnd/

It really would show how much power people have against the corporate giants. But sadly, it wont take off, I mean, its gotta be worth getting trampled on if you want a $20 DVD player! (which happened to a lady from last year, but she had a history of "being trampled")

Thank god we have websites like this saving us from the "evil" corporations. The idea is absurd, just like not buying gas for one day was absurd.

I normally don't shop on Black Friday, because I am too lazy to get up at the crack of dawn to wait in line for a sale that might be sold out before I get to it. Guess I will just have to see if there is anything worth getting up for. Hopefully some of the good stuff will be online.

We should be getting the BF ads soon, lets hope it doesn't turn into a fiasco like it has the past few years (companies suing sites like FW).

LMAO, who sued fatwallet?

that is pretty funny

#63 Mistik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

3 weeks and counting.

#64 zionoverfire   C10Cl12 CAGiversary!   18241 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

zionoverfire

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:53 PM

3 weeks and counting.

yes, but please let dead topic die. :D

#65 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:01 AM

3 weeks and counting.

yes, but please let dead topic die. :D

You tell him zion. Just wait for when the BF deals are posted. It's not like a Halo 2/GTA:SA thing with an update every week or so.

#66 gamefreak   PC Guru CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

gamefreak

Posted 06 November 2004 - 02:36 AM

Does anyone recall if BB/CC had their deals online last year? I went there and they were both, as the Penny-Arcade people put it, batshit fucking loco.

#67 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 06 November 2004 - 02:47 AM

heard KBTOYS is going to be selling the Gameboy advance (the old ones) for 19.99 from 5-11am dont know if nationwide or just local

Also this is just a PURE RUMOR here in fort wayne dont expect much since alot of stores are not really planning nothing on this day. HH Gregs stopped doing it a few years back and some other stores have started to follow... I remember 5 years ago we would get up at 4am and keep shopping the great deals till noon or 1 but last year there was so few deals we got up at 4 and was back in bed by 8

Edit: many newspapers should have the ads within the next week or two remember its only 5 Weeks from today.... hopefully be playing my DS in 5 weeks ")

Well, I live in Fort Wayine and I hope its true.

I use to get up really early and go shopping around Fort Wayne. I still remember waiting in line at TRU, for over an hour on that day.

I hope there are some good sales. I know Meijer will run some game sales on Thanksgiving day, where I buy tons of games everywhere, like Ratchet & Clank 1 then 2, and probably 3 this year.

#68 sying   Speedy1961 Defense Force CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2004 - 05:44 AM

www.bf2004.net

For all your BF needs.

#69 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25101 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:01 PM

EB had some awesome deals last year

Max Payne 2 (PC) for 20
GTA:VC (PC ) for 10

Yup, that's what I got last year for X-Mas presents.
Thank you Black Friday & EB!

The EB at the South Shore Plaza (Braintree, MA) was DEAD --- nobody was there but me and my parents. Who the heck wants to be up that early in the morn to be a customer? ;)

BTW, both were great games.

I'm looknig forward to seeing what kind of Black Friday Sale EB will have this year. :)

Guest_biggestinuyashafan_*

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

i don't get to shop on BF. i get to work at GS. lucky me,right? we are supposed to have the whole staff there that day, but i doubt that will happen. i don't know of any deals there yet, but if i find out i will post them.

#71 DX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1650 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

A quick Wal Mart update.

I will get a FULL LIST Monday night for WM's Blitz sale.I will post it Tuesday if HALO 2 allows me to. :twisted:

I can tell you this much:

There is a Care Bear plush toy.DOnt know the price.
A remote control truck.Mid size not the big $99 one for $20
And a fondue pot for $5. :shock:

#72 2poor   Luckless CAGiversary!   5678 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:36 PM

the stores update their sites for black friday right?

#73 sying   Speedy1961 Defense Force CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:10 AM

A quick Wal Mart update.

I will get a FULL LIST Monday night for WM's Blitz sale.I will post it Tuesday if HALO 2 allows me to. :twisted:

I can tell you this much:

There is a Care Bear plush toy.DOnt know the price.
A remote control truck.Mid size not the big $99 one for $20
And a fondue pot for $5. :shock:

Fondue and care bears? What is WM thinking?

#74 ptcruiser9roc   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   17 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

ptcruiser9roc

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:07 AM

HAHA, I bought Care Bears from Wal-Mart last year. It was a little less than $10 or so if I remember correctly. Maybe less. By the way, the Care Bears weren't mine, they were presents for others. *looks at Funshine Bear*

#75 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:24 AM

man looking at the black friday page http://www.bf2004.net/s.php?id=wmart

if these ads are real i will probally stay home some items i wonder

WALMART

Nintendo Game Boy Advance $39.93 If this is the SP great deal if its the Normal GBA its a major rip

Video Now Personal Video Player $20 if the color MAJOR BUY if its the black and white MAJOR RIP

WALGREENS
12 pack AA Walgreens Heavyduty Batteries -- limit $0.99
Hershey Giant Candy Bars $0.25 CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH CANDY

SEARS
Free $10 Gift Card to First 200 Customers $0

we got a walgreens a block from my house so i can walk there the rest of the stuff so far seems like its not worth getting up for ... the Sears thing is a major joke cause they will only have 10 cards per door and people will always cut in front of you.. this happen last year a ayers we got there at 5am (open at 7) when they open the doors they said the gift cards was on the other side of the store and they were all gone by the time we got to the other side. Funny thing is one person was so pissed off they shoved a whole display of items all over the place.. SO far seems like nothing really good

#76 JohnnyDrama   VICTORY!!!! CAGiversary!   2862 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

JohnnyDrama

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:46 PM

Hopefully Black Friday will be good this year, I get paid (BF is the 25th, right?) and I'm off work.

#77 EnderBui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

EnderBui

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:07 AM

Does anyone know of any Xbox deals on Black Friday? Also, what time do the stores start and about what time do the awesome deals end? And alas, are all the deals online and usually when? Sorry, I'm a bit new at this and I didn't really pay attention the last couple of years so I don't expect exact answers or anything until we get closer. Thanks beforehand!

#78 souNReAL   Santa Claus CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:14 AM

www.bf2004.net

^^i know you guys know about that site, right!!!

black friday! hooray!

#79 ryan838   Carpe poon CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:17 AM

I saw the list of everything that is going to be in Best Buys black friday ad at work today but none of the stuff had prices. I was kind of disappointed. There werent any dvds that interested me. There are some ok games though. I would scan in the 3 pages but I dont know how useful they would be since they dont have prices.

#80 Kain Vincent   Monarch of Games CAGiversary!   1781 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Kain Vincent

Posted 11 November 2004 - 11:18 AM

SEARS
Free $10 Gift Card to First 200 Customers $0

Not bad, considering MGS3 will be $45 on black friday at Sears, a $10 gift card would bring it down to $35.

#81 Mistik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:06 PM

I saw the list of everything that is going to be in Best Buys black friday ad at work today but none of the stuff had prices. I was kind of disappointed. There werent any dvds that interested me. There are some ok games though. I would scan in the 3 pages but I dont know how useful they would be since they dont have prices.

Was there a picture of an Xbox bundle by any chance? :P

#82 2poor   Luckless CAGiversary!   5678 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:06 PM

at bf2004.net it says this deal for costco.com
$200 OFF Maxent 42" 16:9 EDTV Plasma TV (837635) $0
so is that like a mistake or something? cause 42'' costs more than $200

#83 Ravaged   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 01:12 AM

I can't wait, I should have about 500$ saved up for it by the time it hits (Birthday Money + Plenty of Work Money = Uber).