Ice Silver PSP Slim Daxter Bundle $169.99 Target B&M or PM-Available NOW!

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Edit 5: Courtesy of Birakon, here is a screen grab.
Screen Grab

Edit 4: Thanks to jnirvana292, here is a Yahoo cache version.

Edit 3: Target.com has changed the price, and my Google Cache page is gone.
If someone has a screenshot, post it and I will ad it.

Edit 2: Target has removed the item or changed the price. You can now use the Google Cached version for your printout and price match.

Edit 1:

Some Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores are reported to have these in stock and available for sale right now. There is a Sony Press Release stating that.

CAG's are also reporting that Target, Walmart and Best Buy stores have been price matching the webpage printout from the Target.com site.

Also, here is the google cached version in case Target.com changes the price.

End Edit:

Target.com has this bundle listed for $169.99 In Store Only not available online.

PSP Slim Daxter bundle

So I guess you could print this out if they raise the price in store and see if they or another retailer would match it. Strange that they would discount this new bundle by $30.

This bundle is being released on Sept 10th and should be in stores after that.
It includes:
• Gaming System includes 1Gb Memory Stick, AC Adapter, PlayStation Portable System, Power Cord, Battery Pack
• Games included are Game: Daxter™ Video:Family Guy™ The Freakin 'Sweet Collection
• Features Slim, Lightweight Design

new_psp_daxter.jpg

It's listed as OOS for all of the stores within 20 miles for me. Odd, considering it's new - or maybe it hasn't gotten to the stores yet?

Also, I'm pretty sure BB doesn't price match bundles... I could be wrong, though.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']It's listed as OOS for all of the stores within 20 miles for me. Odd, considering it's new - or maybe it hasn't gotten to the stores yet?

Also, I'm pretty sure BB doesn't price match bundles... I could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]
The bundle is all packaged together though, so its not like a random bundle. There is no reason why they would not price match. Chances are the Targets in your area just do not have the new PSPs yet.

I'm increidbly tempting to jump on this, even though I dislike family guy, didn't enjoy Daxter much, and never play the PSP I already own :)

[quote name='freshzen']The bundle is all packaged together though, so its not like a random bundle. There is no reason why they would not price match. Chances are the Targets in your area just do not have the new PSPs yet.

I'm increidbly tempting to jump on this, even though I dislike family guy, didn't enjoy Daxter much, and never play the PSP I already own :)[/QUOTE]

Err. Don't buy it.

I wanna hear the stories of people trying to PM this deal.

CSR: "But...it doesn't have a picture"

That PSP Slim bundle officially doesn't come out until the 10th, and target.com is on crack. (but that wouldn't be the first time)

[quote name='binaryboxcutter']That PSP Slim bundle officially doesn't come out until the 10th, and target.com is on crack. (but that wouldn't be the first time)[/QUOTE]

Ah, the 10th. I was about to say, because my local Gamestop doesnt even have a date of release yet.

I would definitely jump on this if I saw it, going against every "you can't afford it", "this is the last thing you need", and "your current PSP suits you just fine" in my brain.

Damn you CAG, damn you.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Not bad if you don't already have one I guess.[/QUOTE]

Then it must be good considering no one has this "slim" version yet.

If they still have this deal friday (when i'll be actually able to get to a target) i'll likely bite. I want a black most becuase i'm iffy on how snazzy the Ice Silver looks, but a $30 discount justifies it for me.

Seems like the ad and this deal aren't saying the same thing here.. can anyone get it confirmed when the real ad comes out if this bundle is really going for $169.99

[quote name='SteveGo']Then it must be good considering no one has this "slim" version yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Well, I meant the PSP in general.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough for you.

Realize that the Slim isn't actually released until Monday the 10th (and may not be in stores until the 11th).

Amazon.com has had this listed as a Sept. 10th release. PSM magazine confimred that date.

The bundles (Daxter and Star Wars Battlefront) have been priced at $199.99 while the system (nonbundle) is $169.99 and should be replacing the current package at that price.

I think the bundles include a 1 GB stick as well as the game they are named after. The Star Wars is a white or silverish system I think.

I traded my PSP in last week. They only gave me $60 for it (Gamestop), but I really want that TV-Out at 480p...EB is not yet (at all?) taking preorders for this.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Yeah. Well, I meant the PSP in general.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough for you.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure next time you thread crap you're more specific, thanks.

[quote name='Trebuken']I think the bundles include a 1 GB stick as well as the game they are named after. The Star Wars is a white or silverish system I think.
[/QUOTE]
I was just reading this last night in Game Informer, so hopefully I remember correctly. The Daxter version comes with a regular Ice Silver PSP, the game, a 1 gig stick and a Family Guy UMD. The Star Wars version comes with a Ceramic White PSP with Darth Vader silk screened on it and 2 SW games whose titles I forget. No memory stick in the SW pack.

[quote name='Trebuken']Amazon.com has had this listed as a Sept. 10th release. PSM magazine confimred that date.

The bundles (Daxter and Star Wars Battlefront) have been priced at $199.99 while the system (nonbundle) is $169.99 and should be replacing the current package at that price.

I think the bundles include a 1 GB stick as well as the game they are named after. The Star Wars is a white or silverish system I think.

I traded my PSP in last week. They only gave me $60 for it (Gamestop), but I really want that TV-Out at 480p...EB is not yet (at all?) taking preorders for this.[/QUOTE]

Well some say the TV resolution will be at 480x272 max, youll basicially be playing the game with black bars surrounding the screen. so i wouldnt get my hopes up on any HD PSP gaming as of yet.

only what ive heard tho, and is still a great feature. but $60??? ouch.

[quote name='Trebuken']Amazon.com has had this listed as a Sept. 10th release. PSM magazine confimred that date.

I traded my PSP in last week. They only gave me $60 for it (Gamestop), but I really want that TV-Out at 480p...EB is not yet (at all?) taking preorders for this.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the output is going to be what is called "postage stamp" meaning there will be black bars on all 4 sides due to the resolution of psp games. not worth trading in your old psp for $60 if you ask me, but the slimmer and colors are cool.

this is clearly an issue of a price mistake or a title mistake with the SKU/Product title. Happens all the time. I wouldn't count on this flying when it hits stores.

So does this only output in 480p? I have a regular old 480i TV myself.

I have a preorder over at Amazon, but I might as well cancel it for a shot at $30 off. Thanks for posting :)

I hate you guys...can't waste to spend anymore money and here goes the new PSP design...already have one but would love to get the newly redesigned one...fuck...must...resist...!!

[quote name='VACRMH']So does this only output in 480p? I have a regular old 480i TV myself.

I have a preorder over at Amazon, but I might as well cancel it for a shot at $30 off. Thanks for posting :)[/QUOTE]

For games it's only 480p, for everything else it can also do 480i (most likely because the hardware would have to cost more to do 480i in games).

I seriously doubt people are going to be able to get this price on any widespread basis.

[quote name='skygunnerblue']Kotaku is saying that this "hits today."

Following the link to Best Buy, though, shows not yet.[/quote]

Although my local Best Buy just confirmed these as in-stock. Waterfront, PA (Pittsburgh)

I'm trying to resist here as I have no problems with the current PSP design, but the slim is tugging at my wallet. $60 for the current PSP is kinda bubkiss though, would probably eBay it instead for hopefully a few more smackers.

I might hold off and see what kinda deals there will be on the plain jane version (non-bundled).

It would be nice to break it in with the new Syphon Filter tho...

hmm....

Ok, so I don't know a whole lot about the PSP but apparently the bundle for $30 more is pretty nice considering you get a memory stick, a full game and a UMD movie (I won't be using that).

Could you also, in theory, use the Circuit City $40 off $200 for this?

[quote name='skygunnerblue']Although my local Best Buy just confirmed these as in-stock. Waterfront, PA (Pittsburgh)[/quote]

Cancel that - turns out the employee I talked to was a fucking idiot. It just sucks that I had to drive all the way there to find out.

The target next door was scanning their bundles in, but the price rang up as $200, and they won't sell them until the 16th.

[quote name='Rincewind']That makes no sense Skygunner-as the official release date for us is 9/10 and they are advertised in the 9/9-9/15 Target ad...[/quote]

Just posting what I was told. Though as I've seen, retail employees aren't exactly educated on these things.

That is for darned sure friend-they are just so clueless. I might wander by a few stores and show them the PR with my iphone and see if I can get one.

As far as price matching goes, I've asked a Target employee if they price match to their own website, and they said no. So I'm thinking that its an error on the site and the $169.99 won't fly.

[quote name='Rincewind']Ok, what is the current status of the 40 off 200 on handheld systems? I have a legit copy from my last move.[/quote]

Doesn't it say right on the coupon? I need to fish mine out of the recycle bin. :p

I just came back from target, they price matched the site with very little convincing. I also applied for a target card and got an addition 10% off. I bought the 3 year warranty, and psyclone screen protectors (work great, recommend them). Came out to $190 after florida tax.

also, LOVE the new system. Something about it feels more finished and less fragile. My old PSP I was always worried was on deaths door, this system feels more....solid.

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']Doesn't it say right on the coupon? I need to fish mine out of the recycle bin. :p[/QUOTE]

It says game consoles, but people have been reporting for at least 6 months that they have been able to get it to work on handhelds by arguing they do not fall under the console umbrella.

bread's done
Back