Professor Layton

That video was too choppy and slow downloading for me to really enjoy it (all the Gametrailers videos do that to me), but yes, just based on the fact that it's a graphic adventure I'm interested in Professor Layton.

[quote name='boyward']That video was too choppy and slow downloading for me to really enjoy it (all the Gametrailers videos do that to me), but yes, just based on the fact that it's a graphic adventure I'm interested in Professor Layton.[/QUOTE]

It could be your slow computer. My 5 year old PC does that for me while newer one has no problems.

[quote name='Rocko']Bump. It's almost upon us. Anyone picking this one up?[/QUOTE]

Is on my watchlist. Waiting to read some reviews on it before deciding...

I'll definately be picking it up, the art style is AMAZING and it looks like a very fun adventure.

Hopefully, it sells well enough for Nintendo to localize Pandora's Box and the third one (I can't remember it's name, it's something to do with time traveling)

Yep, debated a little while between this and Advance Wars, just wishing there were some kind of deal on it release week.

I didn't know what this game was (and for the longest time thought it was that professor with the green head and mustache), but once I found out I was very interested. Sadly, I can't justify a $35 purchase if it isn't Pokemon, so I'm going to wait for some sort of deal.

Only Gamestop is jacking it up to $35, AFAIK. More reasonable (read: every other) retailers have it for $30. I will probably use my free $10 from walmart.com to get it.

[quote name='pete5883']Only Gamestop is jacking it up to $35, AFAIK. More reasonable (read: every other) retailers have it for $30. I will probably use my free $10 from walmart.com to get it.[/QUOTE]

A sound plan.

The master list of DS adventure games thread needs to be bumped up in preparation for this, as I did to it a few weeks ago.

Can't get enough of this genre, and the DS is an excellent place for them to be.

[quote name='laaj']Is on my watchlist. Waiting to read some reviews on it before deciding...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm glad there's no deal on it yet, makes it easier to wait.

[quote name='pete5883']Only Gamestop is jacking it up to $35, AFAIK. More reasonable (read: every other) retailers have it for $30. I will probably use my free $10 from walmart.com to get it.[/quote]Good call, might as well use that $10. Hopefully it's available for site-to-store once it's released.

Unless the reviews are terrible (which is very doubtful), I'll be grabbing this as soon as possible. Games like this are perfect to play for a half an hour before I go to sleep.

Walmart apparently has this already (available online, but I'm waiting for site-to-store to pop up) - RMC at GoNintendo bought it yesterday in store.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']It got like 8.5's and 9.0's in the (free) EGM I just got in the mail today....[/QUOTE]

I have the same issue and they didn't review it (its in the section in the back of games that they didn't have time to review). Either you're lying or you're thinking of another mag.

In purchasing news, it is available at some Best Buys, you just have to call or check it out. Despite my Best Buy having copies in the back, they wouldn't sell it to me because they think it has a hard street date of Sunday. I might check back when another employee is working, or check another location, but people have been buying this game at other Best Buys since Wednesday.

[quote name='chair_home']I have the same issue and they didn't review it (its in the section in the back of games that they didn't have time to review). Either you're lying or you're thinking of another mag.

In purchasing news, it is available at some Best Buys, you just have to call or check it out. Despite my Best Buy having copies in the back, they wouldn't sell it to me because they think it has a hard street date of Sunday. I might check back when another employee is working, or check another location, but people have been buying this game at other Best Buys since Wednesday.[/quote]
I got this crossed up with Patapon (another game I want). I just glanced at it during my lunch, and got my wires crossed. :oops:

Anyhow, they had them in the case at my local Wal-Mart last night, along with the new Cobalt/Black DS, I tried to buy them but they wouldn't even ring up....

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I got this crossed up with Patapon (another game I want). I just glanced at it during my lunch, and got my wires crossed. :oops:

Anyhow, they had them in the case at my local Wal-Mart last night, along with the new Cobalt/Black DS, I tried to buy them but they wouldn't even ring up....[/QUOTE]

Its cool, no big deal. I'm sure it'll score pretty high, too.

So, I called two other best buys, both said they had it in stock. Went to one, said they'd check in the back, but came back saying they couldn't sell till sunday. I guess its really ymmv if you'll be able to get this before sunday.

[quote name='keithp']Woo-hoo! New RZ certificates came in the mail today. I think I'll use them and get this on the 10th.[/quote]
Email or snail mail. I got mine on website and they printed funny.

[quote name='mickeyp']Email or snail mail. I got mine on website and they printed funny.[/QUOTE]

Snail. I keep meaning to sign up online but haven't yet.

SO, first impressions from anyone that got the game early? Anyone??

Best Buys and Walmarts have it (not necessarily on the shelf for sale). I'm going to head out to a couple stores today to see if I can get it - want to PM CC's 20% off.

I saw this on the shelf when I went to CC today to get DMC4. I tried to buy it, but they said that they couldn't sell it to me until the release date. And I was so excited when I saw that lone copy... oh well.

Depressing time trying to get the game early and 20% off. Both Best Buys I went to didn't seem to have it, while Walmart did have it, but their POS blocks games before their streetdate.

Picked up my copy yesterday from blockbuster, its actually quite fun + challenging. As usual Level 5 always puts high quality into their production and visuals (e.g. Jeanne D'arc)

[quote name='gizmo29']Picked up my copy yesterday from blockbuster, its actually quite fun + challenging. As usual Level 5 always puts high quality into their production and visuals (e.g. Jeanne D'arc)[/quote]
Blockbuster is selling this?

[quote name='gizmo29']Picked up my copy yesterday from blockbuster, its actually quite fun + challenging. As usual Level 5 always puts high quality into their production and visuals (e.g. Jeanne D'arc)[/QUOTE]

How is the story? Level 5 games have never been known for good stories. Is it just a collection of puzzles with very thin story?

Yeah, you definitely nailed it. It's just a bunch of puzzles that are carried through by a thin story. I have only played an hour, but so far the story is secondary to the puzzles. I actually remember some of the puzzles in the game from high school math text books, lol

[quote name='laaj']How is the story? Level 5 games have never been known for good stories. Is it just a collection of puzzles with very thin story?[/quote]

bread's done
Back