Amazon.com - PSP 2000 Component AV Cable $14.99 (Now back to $19.99)

sweet, ordered one! Been waiting to order an american cable from somewhere, the fact that I have PRIME free 2 day makes this an awesome deal!

Since these are cables, is it possible that they could eventually be on monoprice later on for cheaper? I don't know if these are specially made or if other companies can make them too.

That dual plug connector definately looks custom made. I doubt they will be on monoprice. :( Maybe the composite version is more standard.

I hope these cables are pretty long.

Breakin2, the component ones let you play psp games on your tv if it supports 480p.

[quote name='moo']I hope these cables are pretty long.

Breakin2, the component ones let you play psp games on your tv if it supports 480p.[/quote]

Pretty sure i remember hearing that they were 8 ft. Not 100% sure though.

[quote name='michael000']Pretty sure i remember hearing that they were 8 ft. Not 100% sure though.[/QUOTE]

Sony press release said it will be 8.2ft long (same goes for the official composite AV cables - used for viewing UMD movies and pictures).

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, looks like these might only be for the PSP Lite.:whistle2:([/quote]

That's why PSP 2000 is in the title, the official name of the PSP lite. They better include at least the composite ones in the box though. I want a VGA/DVI one for my monitor.

Err, no offense, but haven't you guys been following the news about the redesigned Playstation Portable? :)

Anyway, this is a really nice find. I was worried they'd be tought to find, or they'd cost a lot more than this.

For some unknown reason I signed up for Amazon Prime when I preordered my new PSP a couple of days ago (shipped yesterday!), so...Go Go Gadget Prime! on my component cables :D

[quote name='Tom Ato']That's why PSP 2000 is in the title, the official name of the PSP lite. They better include at least the composite ones in the box though. I want a VGA/DVI one for my monitor.[/QUOTE]

There are no composites in the box. This was verified in the Target Daxter Bundle thread. You can try Monoprice for converters / adapters for VGA / DVI.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']only for the lite?! LAME. I have 2 PSP'S...maybe a 3rd party will make some as $ony is leaving the original user base behind.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Ummm .... hmmm ... where to begin?

The LITE is the only one that has TV output capability. TV output cannot be added by just using a special cable. You have to buy a TV Output Kit to add TV output functionality to the original PSP, and the kit is not nearly as good as the built-in feature of the PSP2000.

Here is an article on kits:

PSP Fanboy site

Also, the kits / adapters are bulky and mostly made out of inferior materials. Unless you want to watch movies from the PSP, they are completely useless.

[quote name='moo']Since these are cables, is it possible that they could eventually be on monoprice later on for cheaper? I don't know if these are specially made or if other companies can make them too.[/quote]

I emailed monoprice the other day about whether or not they'd be carrying the component cables. They said they didn't have any information at the time.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']only for the lite?! LAME. I have 2 PSP'S...maybe a 3rd party will make some as $ony is leaving the original user base behind.:roll:[/QUOTE]

huh? where do you expect the video output to come from on an old PSP? the headphone jack?

I picked up the Daxter bundle yesterday and there's no TV out cable included. It comes with the PSP 2000, power supply/cable, Daxter UMD, Family Guy UMD, and manuals.

Picked one of these up, thanks OP.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Wow... you actually have to buy a cable?[/QUOTE]
Is this surprising? What handheld or portable multimedia player has ever come with the TV-out cables? The only one I can think of is possibly the Nomad (although I'm not even sure if that did either).

[quote name='Edge']Is this surprising? What handheld or portable multimedia player has ever come with the TV-out cables? The only one I can think of is possibly the Nomad (although I'm not even sure if that did either).[/QUOTE]

Ahhh the Sega Nomad. I forgot all about that system :)

It's too bad it didn't have a built in Sega CD, 32X and Saturn support, then it might have been a contender!

Yet, another project where Sega was hittin' the rock instead of properly planning projects.

I already ordered my cables and slim from Amazon.com. I hope it's hacked by the time it gets here.

[quote name='Edge']Is this surprising? What handheld or portable multimedia player has ever come with the TV-out cables? The only one I can think of is possibly the Nomad (although I'm not even sure if that did either).[/QUOTE]

Uhh several of the pmps have AV cables included, game systems though you are correct.

Nomad did not have AV included.

!@%%!4@!$%@!%

I was trying to order this earlier but I just noticed I ordered the ps3 cable @#%@%#%!%@#!%#%##!%@

crap and now the price is up. stupid me...

Kinda sad that Sony has put them in separately. I mean come on, the difference between the PSP Slim & Lite (That's what it's called in the UK) and the original is weight, the change of the Wifi Switch location, the change in UMD loading, and a TV Out Port. The new feature is the TV out port, right?

Out of the box, we can't use that new feature. Until we buy another cable.

So why bother getting a new one when you can buy one of the price-reduced older models?

thanks op, cant find this in store.

i wish i didnt still have to hold the psp to play, instead using a ps3 controller. oh well :(

Frys' has ones in stock and they will be getting more cables like Composite and S-Video. You can order it online or pickup one up at your nearest location! I'm going to Frys later to pick one or two, woot woot!

Game, Movie & Music works on TV/Video output via Component but there's a slight problem when outputing game on tv with using Composite. I suggest you to buy Component cable.

I don't know if it is a slight problem...the packing on the composite and S Video don't mention games at all...only the component cable package says anything about outputting games to a TV.

The PSP 2000 shouldn't be viewed as a new item...its just a set of minor improvements to an existing model...like when the PS2 was revised to include a IR receiver built into the hardware rather than having an external IR attachment.

wtf...... now mine says shipping Oct 13. Anyone else get this on thiers? Does anyone know if it's sold in stores yet?

[quote name='Zoglog']wtf...... now mine says shipping Oct 13. Anyone else get this on thiers? Does anyone know if it's sold in stores yet?[/quote]

Check your local Target, they might have it. I went to bestbuy,Circuitcity,Gamestop today but they don't have it then I saw it at Target.

Some pics:
S6300837.jpg

S6300845.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/kidsnextdoor/S6300837.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/kidsnextdoor/S6300847.jpg

S6300848.jpg

I might have to check at my local Best Buy, Target & Frys. Can you provide me the model number for this one, cuz my local Target's Electronic Service want to know the DPCI with 9 digits, thanks dude!

My shipping estimate is October 8, 2007 - October 22, 2007. I don't live near a Best Buy, Circuit City, or Target so I might just cancel it and get it from EB/Gamestop's website. :/

But I got it with gift card money and saved $5 so maybe I should just hold out for it.

[quote name='moo']Frys.com is sold out of them but maybe they'll start stocking them Monday?[/quote]
I called my local Frys not the website. I checked on Amazon and are selling Composite cable for $14.99 right now and its eiligible for Free Super Saver Shipping!

I should have bought this because I thought Composite cable have in-game & XMB support. So I'm return the compo$hit cable back to Frys to exchange for Component with in-game & XMB support!

Amazon says in-stock from J&R.

My delivery estimate: October 22, 2007 - October 31, 2007.

Did anyone receive theirs when Amazon had them instock at Amazon?

[quote name='Foo228']wait a sec...whats the difference between composite and component cables?[/quote]
Composite (3 plug) will display UMD movies and allow music. DOES NOT display games.

Component (5 plug) does it all, but games display on PROGRESSIVE Scan TVs only.

[quote name='decon']Composite (3 plug) will display UMD movies and allow music. DOES NOT display games.

Component (5 plug) does it all, but games display on PROGRESSIVE Scan TVs only.[/quote]

thanks for the tip

know ive got to decide if they're even worth it..

[quote name='Foo228']thanks for the tip

know ive got to decide if they're even worth it..[/quote]

Definitely buy the Component cables. I don't believe the S-Video (Japan only) cables even supported games.

I personally don't have a Progressive Scan TV, but got the Component cables for future use.

bread's done
Back