Preorder Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, get 8-bit Simon Belmont figure!

Man,

I preordered this back in June. Im crazy looking forward to this one. hopefully Ill get the item and the employees wont keep the swag.

[quote name='aihuman']Does gamestop make money by selling new games?If not, Ill probably preorder.[/quote]

They make about the same as everybody on games. Like 3 bucks.

I might preorder this. I'm not much of a CV fan but everyone swears by Symphony so.... yeah. That as an unlockable + preorder bonus = potential!

[quote name='super_nerd']I'm getting this game but that figure looks like ass. [/quote]

I don't think the point is for it to look good, bro. It emulates the way Belmont looked in the first games; it's a nostalgia piece.

BTW, I'd bet that this little preorder goodie will end up fetching some decent money on eBay before long. I was already going to buy this game, so this makes it even better. I don't mind GS so much as long as I can get in and out quickly, much like the way I do your mother super nerd. ;)

Thats a pretty nifty preoder as the figure was a '07 San Diego Comic Con exclusive.

Jeez people, the figure looks like "ass" becuase it represents the pixel 8-bit Simon from the 1st game. :roll:

Better buy this game. It's got "discontinued" written all over it. Konami sure loves yanking their best material off the shelf prematurely.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Jeez people, the figure looks like "ass" becuase it represents the pixel 8-bit Simon from the 1st game. :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, sorry for having an opinion...8 bit or not I wouldn't want a figure that looked like that.

[quote name='super_nerd']Yeah, sorry for having an opinion...8 bit or not I wouldn't want a figure that looked like that.[/QUOTE]

Still, that's how he used to look. Many of us got into Castlevania back then. We didn't play the game and go, "This character looks like ass!" ~ ~

I saw this figure as at wizard world Chicago and they were selling it for $40. I guess I will preorder this game just that so I can get the figure and it would seem I got the game for free compare to it at the convention.

[quote name='super_nerd']Yeah, sorry for having an opinion...8 bit or not I wouldn't want a figure that looked like that.[/QUOTE]

you can have your opinion, but you're missing the point....

just a wild guess here, but you were too young to remember the 8 bit era?

/i'm old

[quote name='Apossum']you can have your opinion, but you're missing the point....

just a wild guess here, but you were too young to remember the 8 bit era?

/i'm old[/quote]

I still have my trusty NES. I guess I am missing the point because a 8-bit Simon Belmont figure with Dracula X Chronicles?! If you can explain why I should be excited for this figure then I jump on the wagon and say "this figure is kewl". Hey, since it's free I'll take it because I'm getting the game day one. The game looks great, the figure looks like crap, that's my opinion. Will I play CV 2 Simon's Quest? No thanks. 8-bit figure for nostalgia that looks like it's a rather tasty cake? I really don't give a shit.

[quote name='super_nerd']I still have my trusty NES. I guess I am missing the point because a 8-bit Simon Belmont figure with Dracula X Chronicles?! If you can explain why I should be excited for this figure then I jump on the wagon and say "this figure is kewl". Hey, since it's free I'll take it because I'm getting the game day one. The game looks great, the figure looks like crap, that's my opinion. Will I play CV 2 Simon's Quest? No thanks. 8-bit figure for nostalgia that looks like it's a rather tasty cake? I really don't give a shit.[/QUOTE]

Just something nerdy, kinda like how Nintendo threw in huge 8 bit SMB sprites into Super Paper Mario-- it's nostalgic. That's about the only explanation.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Japan is getting a LOT better preorder deal though and makes ours look like crap:

DXC Konami Style Special version (Japan)

Hardcover 32 page Art book (Just for this game apparently)
Specially-made pouch
Liquid crystal screen protection film
Specially-made strap
Shop poster
Original soundtrack
DXC psp game

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/draculax_st/index.html[/quote]

Is it really surprising, though? Japan always gets cooler shit.

I didn't realize that this game was only $29.99 until now. I'll be preordering this (with figure) and Phoenix Wright 3 (with plush), which both come out the same day. Too bad Guitar Hero 3 comes out the next week...my wallet will be hurting.

As a Gaming Collector, that Simon Belmont Figure looks like ass, and no way in hell would I accept it even for free. I just want the game minus the Simon Belmont figurine, but if it floats some people's boats here, than yeah, you can have it, but I would've loved to have the Japanese extra's for pre-ordering this game in Japan offered here in NA.

Up close and personal, the figure looks like crap. I know because I have one. It doesn't realy look like the 8bit sprite of Simon Belmon, it looks like a four year old's interpretation of Simon Belmont done in Play-Dough and Feces...

[quote name='peteloaf']Up close and personal, the figure looks like crap. I know because I have one. It doesn't realy look like the 8bit sprite of Simon Belmon, it looks like a four year old's interpretation of Simon Belmont done in Play-Dough and Feces...[/QUOTE]

If it's so different, how about a photographic comparison?

Figure looks ok for a novelty bonus item, not as nice as the (albeit poorly packed and flimsy) POR preorder bonus. I'd probably preorder if only I had a PSP. Still this game looks full of win, but I'm not that interested in much else on the system right now so I'll just have to jealously glare at anyone with a PSP and this game. Hopefully Konami will do a quick port to the PS2 sometime next year to maximize profit on it (like Rockstar does with all those GTA games), cuz then I'll be all over it. (After all, didn't IGA make some comment about being misled about the PSPs potential market size?)

Don't even own a PSP and jumping on this. Figure does look like a cookie, but the flyer's reverse shot makes it look much better. I'd only seen the "front" view up till now.

EDIT: Just looked at Pajama_Man's link and retract much of that enthusiasm. Still, free Castlevania figure! I give the designers credit for doing something different. I always wanted dot matrix toys when I was a young lad and would poorly recreate these guys in LEGO form.

Well, looking at those pictures... I think the mistakes they made with the figure are that it has varying levels of depth (rather than being completely flat), and painting details on the sides of the figure (which don't look good at all). Still, it's fairly remeniscent (sp?) of classic Simon.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Japan is getting a LOT better preorder deal though and makes ours look like crap:

Specially-made pouch
Specially-made strap
Shop poster
Original soundtrack
DXC psp game

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/draculax_st/index.html[/quote]

you do know how much more we pay for games in japan.....and that the extras come with the higher cost deluxe versions of the game....

if you want to complain about freebies......tal about stuff you get free with preordering movie tickets and that you can get free mini posters all over for any movie....

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']you do know how much more we pay for games in japan.....and that the extras come with the higher cost deluxe versions of the game....

if you want to complain about freebies......tal about stuff you get free with preordering movie tickets and that you can get free mini posters all over for any movie....[/quote]

When in my statement was I complaining? Also I can argue that the Yen and USD rate structures even after conversions are closer than u might think (and note how their money and wage system works etc worth of money).

Still stay by my statement about it making ours look like crap, regardless of the bit more u have to pay for the package extras. I didnt say our preorder WAS crap. Just comparing the 2.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']you do know how much more we pay for games in japan.....and that the extras come with the higher cost deluxe versions of the game....

if you want to complain about freebies......tal about stuff you get free with preordering movie tickets and that you can get free mini posters all over for any movie....[/quote]

Lol. Yup. A friend of mine came back from Japan telling me just how high the price of new games are. Like $60 for that PS2 Fist of the North Star game. That would have been $40, in America.

I was waiting on pre-ordering this item from Gamestop to see if Konami would follow up this year with a pre-order gift for their latest Castlevania game. Yeah the Belmont does look like plastic feces but it's free and I would like to have one for 'having-one's-sake'. But no, it doesn't beat out last year's awesome pre-order gift. I do smell a tradition coming along... ooo Konami, look at what you've started.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure I'm not the only one noticing the amount of extras we are getting for pre-ordering stuff lately. While I am glad it's happening it is doing so at a much more frequent rate that will put the pinch on my wallet. I wouldn't have bought half the crap coming out if it weren't for all these silly gifts and promotions.

Specially-made pouch
Specially-made strap
Shop poster
Original soundtrack
DXC psp game

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/draculax_st/index.html[/QUOTE]
Well then, looks like I might get the Japanese version instead!

It should be noted that this Konami Style pack is 6,980 yen (about $62 bucks), plenty more than the 4,480 yen regular version. This isn't a preorder bonus.

Buy the Japanese version and you miss out on the all-new translations of Dracula X Rondo of Blood and SOTN. It'll still be awesome, but I'm looking forward to those new translations.

This is one pre-order bonus I can safely skip. I think I intended to sell my PoR preorder bonus, but I never did, and I still haven't even opened it...

Well, this is nothing compared to the box set that came with Portrait of Ruin last year, but for free, I'm not complaining about the mini figure, besides, it'll keep my Big Daddy statue company ;). Preordered, it'll entertain me when I'm done with Persona 3 :)

[quote name='wildnuts02']this game alone makes me want to rebuy a PSP[/quote]

I'm with you there, but I learned my lesson last time. For handheld gaming goodness, the DS blows the PSP out of the water, stuffs it in a blender, and serves it in crunchy goodness to octopi. Yes, exactly.

hmmm wasn't there a crappy looking 8bit simon released awhile back?

It's too bad I already spent a boat load of money on my new 360 other wise this would be the ONLY reason for me to buy a PSP :)

Dammit... I was planning on waiting but now I kinda want this. Yeah it looks like crap at angles but from the side it looks pretty damn close to 8bit Simon.

bread's done
Back