[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free Thread

Update (10/28) : Now many games (all platforms) have free shipping

1) This sale runs from 10/24-10/30. It is now available online and in-storel.

2) When ordering online, your selection is limited and you cannot mix and match across consoles or price group. It seems like you can get any games you want if you head to your local Toys R Us store. It may vary by location.

3) You can use one coupon code per account at Amazon.

Thanks to bingbangboom, tubtub, buster90, DealRush, and others for the heads up.

Use the links below to see the eligible games for the online sale.

Cheap ass link (PS2 $20 games) RTGPS2GV7999
Cheap ass link (PS2 $30 games) RTGPS2GV2999
Cheap ass link (PS2 $40 games) RTGPS2GV3999
Cheap ass link (PS2 $50 games) RTGPS2GV4999

Cheap ass link (Xbox $20 games) RTGXBXVG7999
Cheap ass link (Xbox $30 games) RTGXBXVG2999
Cheap ass link (Xbox $40 games) RTGXBXVG3999
Cheap ass link (Xbox $50 games) RTGXBXVG4999

Cheap ass link (GC $20 games) RTGGMCBE7999
Cheap ass link (GC $30 games) RTGGMCBE2999
Cheap ass link (GC $40 games) RTGGMCBE3999
Cheap ass link (GC $50 games) RTGGMCBE4999

These games can be found cheaper elsewhere:
Click here to download Scorch's TRU B2G1 Free Blacklist

These Xbox games have free shipping:
Click here to download the list of Xbox games with free shipping

I just pulled the plug on

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Burnout 3

Heres hoping for the best, thanks Cheapy.

They seem to have added free shipping to a good portion of the Xbox games now.

I remember someone mentioning that next week would be free shipping on Xbox games, right? This week was GBA, and the week before was GC.

I used the $19.99 PS2 code on OKAGE: Shadow King, Ridge Racer V, and WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth and am also considering using the $19.99 GCN code on NBA Courtside 2002, Soul Calibur II, and Super Mario Sunshine.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']i can't seem to get the code to work at all on 3 50 dollar ps2 games (la pucelle, disgaea, shin megami).[/quote]

They all have to be the same price and from TRU.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']they are the same price, i tried la pucelle, phantom brave, and shin in the same cart, and the code still wouldnt work.[/quote]

Yeah It's select games. I found out the hard way.

hell i wish i had this problem all the time, i cant figure out which games to get cuz theres so many i want

[quote name='bmarquardt']Anybody have a list of games for free shipping? I'm too lazy to browse through everything. ;)[/quote]

ditto for me, I told myself I wouldn't spend anymore on this sale, buuuuut if there is a nice list of cheap games with free shipping, I'd probably have to pull the trigger on it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']they are the same price, i tried la pucelle, phantom brave, and shin in the same cart, and the code still wouldnt work.[/quote]

La Pucelle isn't available from TRU. Make sure you're checking which store you're adding to your cart. If it's not listed, make sure you click on the link to show all the ones available because TRU will be listed there if they have it.

How come Mario Golf, Super Mario Sunshine, and Zelda: Wind Waker isn't on the $20 list? They're suppose to be $19.99, correct?

Tempted to get Sonic adventure, Sonic Battle and Bomberman for GC... 40 bucks....hmmm

Everything iese kinda make me mad I see several PS2 games I want but they arnt in the same price catagory.... This sucks, I might have to actually go into that pit of arrogant assholes at TRU on 42nd street again.

[quote name='Si1veR']How come Mario Golf, Super Mario Sunshine, and Zelda: Wind Waker isn't on the $20 list? They're suppose to be $19.99, correct?[/quote]

Yes... in fact, I think I saw Super Mario Sunshine for $19.99 on there a few days ago, when the codes weren't working...

As of 3:22 AM Eastern time, none of the $20 PS2 games have free shipping. Browsing quick through the $20 Xbox games, it looks like all EA games have free shipping with some others...

damn i dont know if i can do this again this year. last year i did it twice for xbox and ps2. maybe i can do it this year again for smackdown vs raw and san andreas but the 3rd game i would want would be for another system.

maybe the 3rd game would be lord of the rings if they dont let me choose one for another system

They changed a bunch of prices just before the deal went live, it's true they jacked a lot of 30 dollar games up into the 40 and 50 dollar ranges and thought no one would know, but we do because we've seen a lot of these games 20 bucks cheaper elsewhere. (this week in fact)

But the thing is, at the 50 dollar range it's like you;re getting 3 games for 33 bucks before taxe roughly so you have to decide if they games you're getting ar worth that much to you or if you can wait them out.

(at $40, 3 for $27 and and $30, 3 for $20)

[quote name='minx']the $20ps2 code works,but the $20gamecube doesn't please help![/quote]

I solved it myself

bad news people

" Important Message
We're sorry. We're unable to consolidate these two orders, as both are using promotional gift certificates as payment. We are able to only accept one promotional gift certificate per order. "

meaning each set of 3 has to be ordered under seperate shipping charges

works out to GGC prices all told:whistle2:(

oh well, trapped in the house anyway so I ordered

Estimated ship date for these 5 items: October 26, 2004
Pikmin
$19.99 - Quantity: 1 - Usually ships in 24 hours
Condition: new
Gift options None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.hack: Infection (part 1)
Gift options None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bomberman Jetters
Gift options None

Spy Fiction
Gift options None

Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Gift options None
Estimated ship date for this item: October 24, 2004

Metroid Prime
Gift options None

[quote name='soul.less'][quote name='Si1veR']How come Mario Golf, Super Mario Sunshine, and Zelda: Wind Waker isn't on the $20 list? They're suppose to be $19.99, correct?[/quote]

Yes... in fact, I think I saw Super Mario Sunshine for $19.99 on there a few days ago, when the codes weren't working...[/quote]
I guess there's going to keep these titles at the $30-50 range, then drop the price after the sale. I'll just get these titles at Best Buy any time for $20-$5 GGC.

[quote name='KingDox']I think I'm the only CAG to skip this deal. I can't wait to see this thread get like 13 pages long.[/quote]

The deal is great if it is done correctly, I'm pretty confident that Shin Megami will not see a price drop ever, and Star Ocean 3 probably won't so i took at as those were 2 games I was going to pay 50 for no matter what, and then Burnout 3 was just a cherry on top for myself, a christmas present for me being such a nice person to... me.

Last year I went BALISTIC on this sale, I bought 9 games and spent 300 dollars, I bought stuff that was out forever and was due for a drop, I just didn't care. But in the end i don't feel bad for it, I was young and naive.

[quote name='KingDox']I think I'm the only CAG to skip this deal. I can't wait to see this thread get like 13 pages long.[/quote]

I'm skipping it, also. I bought 12 games at TRU last year from this sale (before I found this site), but this year I won't buy any. Too many good deals at CAG.com and Black Friday is coming up sooner than many think.

The nearest TRU to me is almost two and a half hours away, and I really, really don't feel like driving there. The cash I save in the purchase would just be used on gas to get to TRU. And the online deal isn't working for me because basically I want one or two from each category.

Any helpful souls out there willing to grab some games for me?

Is there anyone who wants to order two GC games and one PS2 game? I want to get Shin Megami, Shadow Hearts, and Paper Mario, but my TRUs only have Paper Mario. I'm hoping to find someone who will order an extra Paper Mario and trade me for a PS2 game.
PM me if you're interested.

Hmmm...wouldn't mind scoring Donkey Konga, Pikmin 2, and Paper Mario but I get charged tax AND shipping. :? Think I'll just hold off until Sunday and grab 'em in store.

I'm going to start a list of "blacklist" titles.. titles that retail for less and that they purposely jacked up..

At 30 for PS2..

Final Fantasy X-2 - Cheaper at EBgames.com, price depends on how great the sex was that the webmaster got the previous night
NCAA Football 2004 - Easy to find for 14
The Suffering - Retails 19
Max Payne 2 - Are they kiddin' me? 9.99 @ ebgames.com

At 40 for PS2..

007 Everything or Nothing - Retails 19
NFL Street - Retails 19
Hitman Contracts - Retails 29
Kill.Switch - 4.99 @ ebgames.com

At 50 for PS2..
Need For Speed Underground (PS2) -- Drops next month, 19.99 at Sears.com
WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2) - Retails $19.99
Fight Night 2004 - Retails for 29
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow - Retails 29
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly - Retails for 19 (Thanks, whoever it was.. can't find the post now)

At 20 for XBox..

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - 9.99 @ CC
Rainbow Six 3 - Usually $15 or less at EB
Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver - 5.99 preplayed at EB
Prisoner of War - Retails for 15, used @ 9
I-Ninja - 4.99 @ CC, BB clearanced them out for 1.99, 9.99 used @ ebworld.com
NFL Blitz Pro - Retails 16.99
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship Of The Rings - 5.99 PO at EB
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - Retails 15.99, used 7.99, ebworld.com clearanced a ton out for 4.99
NBA Live 2002 - 2.99 @ ebworld.com
NFL 2K2 - 3.99 @ ebworld.com
ESPN College Hoops - 9.99 PO @ ebworld.com
Defender - 9.99 PO at EBWorld.com
Circus Maximus - Usually 4.99 or less at any store
Rogue Ops - EB clearanced the hell out of this, I think
Stake: Fortune Fighter - Please don't buy this
Inside Pitch 2003 - 11.99 @ gamestop.com
Minority Report - 9.99 or less
ESPN NBA 2K3 - 9.99 PO @ gamestop
Aggressive Inline - 4.99 or less at many, many places
Corvette - 9.99 @ bb (Thanks epobirs)

At 30 for XBox..

Project Gotham Racing 2 - Retails @ 19
Max Payne 2 - 9.99 @ ebgames.com
Rallisport Challenge 2 - Retails @ 19
Alias - 5 @ ebgames.com
The Suffering - Retails for 19

At 40 for XBox..

NFL Street - Retails 19
Kill.Switch - $4.99 @ ebgames.com
Thief - Deadly Shadows - 17 used @ gamefly.com
Fatal Frame - Uh, TRU had this for 25 new the other day..
NBA Ballers - Retails 29, can be gotten for 19
Unreal 2 - $20 or less
Second Sight - Retails 19
Drake - Retails for 19/16.99, saw it used for 9 at local Hastings (Thanks, Lowgear)
Broken Sword, Sleeping Dragon - 9.99 @ outpost.com, 12.99 preplayed at EB (Thanks, Shrike4242)

At 50 for XBox..

Ninja Gaiden - Can be gotten way cheaper
Need for Speed: Underground - Will drop in two or three weeks
Red Dead Revolver - Under 20 used @ gamefly
Sudeki - Retails 29, saw it used today for 15
Star Wars Jedi Outcast - Retails for 29
Shadow Ops - Retails 19
Maximum Chase - ARE THEY fuckING KIDDING ME!? 9.99 or less used!!!

At 30 for GC..

Animal Crossing - Retails 19
Smash Bros Melee - Retails 19
Mario Sunshins - Retails 19
MGS: Twin Snakes - Retails 19
NCAA Football 2004 - 9.99 used @ gamestop.com
Hitman 2 - Retails 19
NCAA Football 2K3 - Hahhahaahahaha!! 8.99 or less

At 40 for GC..

NFL Street - Retails 19
Resident Evil 2 - Most CompUSA's have this for 29

At 50 for GC..

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Retails for 19
Kirby's Airride - Retails 19
Skies of Arcadia: Legends - Retails 19
Need for Speed: Underground - Drops to 19 in two or three weeks
Wave Race - HAHAHA!!! Retails 19, 11.99 used at Gamestop.com
1080 Avalanche - 9.99 @ ebgames.com, 19 used at Gamestop
Gladius - Retails 29 or 19
Ultimate Muscle - Retails 19
Transworld Surf: The Next Wave - 19 used @ gamestop
Virtua Striker 2002 - 17.99 @ gamestop.com used
Army Men: Air Combat - The Elite Missions - 8.99 used @ gamestop.com

It's 5am and I have had little to nothing and no sleep today.. so I probably missed a few. Feel free to copy/paste the list and add/subtract whatever.. hope this helped at least one person.

I am gonna order it from Amazon with the code RTGGMCBE7999 and pick up Sonic Adventure DX, Puyo Pop Fever, and Red Faction 2. Thanks CAG, and Andrew, for letting me know of this sale.

I like Scorch's post -- thanks.

I'd like to see people post selections that make sense, particularly with the free shipping option on some of the Xbox games.

bread's done
Back