You needn't play at war for General Gaming -- Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd and Yoshi's Island DS!

Gaming card gets here tomorrow, Oblivion GOTY Tuesday, dropping out of school Wednesday!

third and...not playing anything ATM!

Edit: Ooo Oblivion GOTY drops this week? Since I pre-ordered from deepdiscount, that means I'll get it, hm, in the next 2-4 weeks? Maybe.

Sixth?

At Appolo in Bioshock. Just picked up Power Stone Collection and Death Jr., II on PSP last night, so I've been switching between them, Crush, Ape Escape, and a bit of Jeanne D'arc on PSP.

I think I need to pick up Odin Sphere... unless someone tells me I should wait for their new Wii game since I've been told OS isn't the greatest game ever.

Odin Sphere gets tedious. I think people mostly gush over it for the visuals and the niche appeal. I found it to be kind of boring after a while.

Finished Persona 3 a few days ago. That was one fantastic game, start to finish. FES better be brought over now.
I got back into SMT: Nocturne, and I'm almost done (2 Kalpas, 1 fiend, and 2 dungeons to go.).

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Finished Persona 3 a few days ago. That was one fantastic game, start to finish. FES better be brought over now.
I got back into SMT: Nocturne, and I'm almost done (2 Kalpas, 1 fiend, and 2 dungeons to go.).[/QUOTE]

The third Kalpa is where the difficulty really seemed to pick up. At least, that's when I started getting really nervous about venturing for too long without saving. That's also when the Kalpas get really interesting though... God, I can't believe the original Japanese release didn't have Amala... it seems like such an integral part of the game.

Just got the Spider Ball in MP3. Gosh what a great game. Hopefully I have enough time to finish it and get back to Bioshock before Halo 3 hits.

Well, I no longer have to say what I am playing on my 360. I am playing Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and Jeanne D'Arc. I am also playing my PS3 sparsely here and there. I really like Prime 3. It is awesome. I like it more than the other Prime games. On the 17th, I am thinking of picking up Eternal Sonata. I reserved it and want my faceplate. If I don't get that, I am going to wait a month probably.

This has got to be the biggest season of new video games to date. I love and hate having all three systems. It is great that I won't have to miss out of any game, but then again I don't have time to play all the games I want and have. Yay for adulthood and bettering yourself for a career.

went to a co-workers this evening after dinner and played some DOA 4 and marvel vs capcom 2. good times it was a lot of fun and my thumb is dead.

I am playing the Skate demo, it is like the 7th time I have played it. Can't wait until it gets released later this week. Just finished Bioshock too and playing COD 4 Beta. Coming soon, there will be wayyyyy tooo muchhh to play.

I finished Bioshock and now mostly play Madden. I think I may try to finish up Splinter Cell: Double Agent or Quake 4 before Halo 3 arrives.

Whoo man, didn't realize how many games I've got pending this week:

Heavenly Sword
Oblivion GOTY
Daxter Slim PSP pack

And maybe/probably Drawn to Life.

And this is the calm before the holiday gaming storm...

saturday>> spent 3 hours leveling up / tarot card collecting / money making in Persona 2.

Spent my tarot cards on sum new Peronas any my money on new armor for my characters.

sunday>> made a fatal mistake in Hotel Dusk.

I entered a room and saved the game without getting rid of a witness to my intrusion... now I cant get the best ending anymore :(

anyway beat 2 new chapters, currently on Ch. 6 and prolly wont get to play again for at least 2 weeks.

[quote name='gunm']Whoo man, didn't realize how many games I've got pending this week:

Heavenly Sword
Oblivion GOTY
Daxter Slim PSP pack

And maybe/probably Drawn to Life.

And this is the calm before the holiday gaming storm...[/QUOTE]

I think this month alone I am getting four games, and it just gets worse as the rest of the year progresses. I couldn't be happier though to be honest, I'd rather have a shit load of games I was wanting to play then none to play at all. Especially for one system that shall remain nameless that needs some decent games for it. . . :roll:

Try to not be overly jealous, but I'm currently playing staring at the unopened copies of Megaman Powered Up and Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins my wife picked up on clearance at Toys R Us because I don't have a PSP yet.

ugh. stupid speech for speech class. after I get that done, hopefully I'll be able to get back to crackdown. I was just starting to get into it too.

[quote name='Chacrana']The third Kalpa is where the difficulty really seemed to pick up. At least, that's when I started getting really nervous about venturing for too long without saving. That's also when the Kalpas get really interesting though... God, I can't believe the original Japanese release didn't have Amala... it seems like such an integral part of the game.[/quote]
I don't know why, but the game just doesn't seem that difficult anymore. Once you get War Cry, Fog Breath, and give your demons a Bright/Dark Might skill, most bosses are pretty easy (Unless they void or drain physical attacks).
Except the Trumpeteer is kicking my ass, any tips for that one? I try and get one demon's HP low, but then he just ends up getting killed by a -dyne spell, and then the protagonist gets killed by Evil Melody.

I beat Bioshock before the weekend (Little Sister savior, weak ending FMV), started/beat Prey over the weekend, and will now start Viva Pinata. I just have to decide if I will get MP3 before Halo 3, or wait to play it until after Christmas. At least I don't have to worry about GTA IV.

Just finished Daxter a few hours ago. Made quick work of that, consider I got the PSP Daxter Pack on Thursday and today's only Monday.

Tomorrow I should get Nodame Cantabile (DS) from Playasia, so I'll be playing that, as well as probably starting Ratchet and Clank PSP and continuing Megaman Powered Up.

back to playing pokemon diamond since i'm trying to stay away from heavy gaming and school & work are taking over all of time.

I started back up on Ratchet & Clank PSP. Probably going to try out the online later tonight. I also bought P.W.2, I wanna beat that before number 3 comes out. It seems pretty good so far, I'm on Case 2. I'm working on the handheld stuff so I can make way for some new purchases in a month or two.

Bioshock at night sometimes, and I'm playing through Halo and Halo 2 on heroic before halo 3 comes out.. anyone else doing the same?

Also had a bit of a wait at the emergency room getting some stitches out and am reminded of how good OutRun 2006 on PSP is. Looks amazing, plays amazing. It feels like you're rock climbing more than racing, or almost platforming, the way you position traffic to slipstream and boost. Better than Ridge Racer, drives better than burnout. So underrated.

Started playing Metroid Zero Mission as my at-school but with down-time game. I had played it once a few years ago, got to the Zero Suit part, and never finished it. Looking forward to actually doing it this time.

Also, wanted to paly somehing last night but didn't feel invested enough to boot up Prime 3 or Bioshock, so I got Sonic 3 off of the VC and started into that. That's such a great game--Nintendo had better do us right with Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Still hoping I can get through both BioShock and Prime 3 before Halo 3 hits. We'll see though.

Geometry Wars and skate. demo for me. I downloaded Geo Wars last night and got my high score up to 33x,xxx I believe. I can't imagine it getting any more hectic than it is when I die. I also got the survive 250,000 achievement which means I choked pretty bad. :applause:

[quote name='daroga']Still hoping I can get through both BioShock and Prime 3 before Halo 3 hits. We'll see though.[/quote]

Oh shit, that reminds me I need to finish up Bioshock. I started up Jeanne D'Arc and let my friend borrow it and then I totally forgot about it once it gave it back half a week later, lol. Now I've moved on to Wild Arms V, ugh.

Rec'd MP3 from deepdiscount yesterday and fired it up late last night. Didn't get very far at all, but I liked what I saw.

I may stop by CC during lunch break to see if they have Drawn to Life and if I can do the 1/2 off 2 handheld deal, although judging from the posts in that thread, that may be wishful thinking.

Still playing Blue Dragon.

I beat it last night. Now I'm trying to level up to 99 so I can attempt to fight the tough sidequest bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back