NWCGE 2K7 Portland - 9/29-9/30

DigitalSpace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just thought I'd give a heads up to CAGers in the Portland area on an upcoming classic game con going on at the end of the month. There will be a 2600 tournament on the first day and an NES tournament on the second day.

Here's more information that NWCGE staff member Rick Weis posted on Digital Press:

NWCGE 2K7 September 29-30th

will be held at the Holiday Inn and Conference center in Portland Oregon. 8439 NE Columbia Blvd. (near PDX airport)

sales hours are 9am-5pm both days and we'll have the championships at 5pm till they end.

*6860 SQFT of floor space.

we'll have at least 6 arcades games set on free play.

we will be doing local ads in newspaper and Radio this year.

Vendors:
Table=40.00 (comes with 1 free admission) Booth=120.00 (comes with 3 free admissions)

ticket prices
10.00= 1 day
15.00= both days

here are some of the NWCGE shows Contests:
Xbox 360=Halo 3 (if it comes out "on time") PS2=Guitar Hero
NES=Burgertime
Virtual Boy=Mario Clash
Vectrex=Armor Attack
colecoVision=Zaxxon
Atari 2600=NWCGE 2K7 lady bug

Halo 3 (saturday) and guitar hero (sunday) are at 1PM

----------------------------------------------
Vendors list:
Rick Weis
Cyberroach
ResQsoft
Videogame Wizards
Game trader (beaverton mall)
Recycled Gamer
Toby wickwire
Josh
Cryptic Allusion
Deependgear
John masterson
Nick from BOGbean
Gerald/Julian
Play N Trade
Empire games
Ground Kontrol
Batari (from AA)

I'll of course be going. Man, I was going to start a thread on the show (I posted about the Seattle one last year) but you beat me to it.

So looking forward to it again!! :)

I wonder if I would have any luck trading my 3DO and 6 games. I'm hoping to find some Lucasarts PC adventure games.

[quote name='chakan']I wonder if I would have any luck trading my 3DO and 6 games. I'm hoping to find some Lucasarts PC adventure games.[/quote]

May as well try bringing it if you like. I'm going to gather some of the batter stuff I have to do some trading.

Also just noticed the OP forgot to post the link to the NWCGE website. its at www.nwcge.org - or click the banner link in my sig.

Three days away!

I'm not so sure any forum people here care about this but I hope some people in Portland check it out. Its a good public social event for anyone who cares to meet like minded people that grew up on games. I just talked to my friend who has a table there and he sez there will be a Halo 3 competition - for those that care.

I think I'll go. I'm starting Chiropractic school the next day (October 1st) so this should be an excellent final diversion. Should be fun if I can meet up with some of you guys. What time are you guys getting there?

Myself, I will be hanging out all day both days - a lot of my friends are having tables and visiting from out of town at the show. I might suggest going around 1 so you can watch or participate in the Halo 3 or Guitar Hero competitions.

For people in Portland or that can make it, the show starts tommorrow and sunday too. I want local CAG's to show even if you'll be in competition w/ me in buying the cool/cheap stuff. What's good for the expo ends up being good for everybody.

Also, for those into the Sega Saturn, I heard that OlderGames will be having a show exclusive release - Lost and Found Vol. 3, which is a tech demo plus has the previously unreleased English version of Deep Fear. (was never released in USA, import only)

1 pm sunday is the Guitar Hero competition.

Nice that at least one CAG (that I know for sure) showed up today and said hi to me.

If anyone is going today and wants to say hi to me, I sort of look like the guy pictured in my avatar. My name is Brian Moy - will say on my name tag. And I'm bringing my dij camera to snap some pics.

[quote name='brianmoy']If anyone is going today and wants to say hi to me, I sort of look like the guy pictured in my avatar. My name is Brian Moy - will say on my name tag. And I'm bringing my dij camera to snap some pics.[/quote]

You'll have to let me know how it went. I managed to catch a nasty cold from some of my students and just didn't have the energy to make it out there.

[quote name='warmlonelyplanet']You'll have to let me know how it went. I managed to catch a nasty cold from some of my students and just didn't have the energy to make it out there.[/quote]

Sorry to hear it. Chakan was there and spotted me so I met him there today. He saw your post and told me you were sick. I'm pretty drained here myself, I actually didn't make it outta there till like 7 or 8 both days. I'll be sure to tell you about it later on after I recover, tommorrow or sometime this week. It was really thrilling and I met tons of cool people and even made some new friends.

I got to the fourth round in the Atari Championships, just to second round in NES Championships - because I suck at Dr. Mario. Brought my camera this time and took a bunch of pics of all the action and peoples. Like many of my friends, I came out w/ a staggering amount of stuff purchased. I picked up at least a few specific wants on the behalf of my 2 friends on here - Manchowder and Captain Insano who forwarded me a bit of money - and their want lists. (hopefully, I will have not disappointed you)

Oh. and it was nice to meet you in person, Chakan. Btw, I do recall the Lost in Translation poster so I get it now. (I really liked that movie) Its just that its sort of tough to get it being that its just like a dinky av pic.

It was great to meet you, as well, brianmoy. I wish I'd seen you play the tournament, but oh well. I would echo your comments that there were a lot of nice people there, and it was great to see all the systems and games I played years ago. Now if I could just convince the wife that the household NEEDS a game room...

Well, even if you did stay to watch you wouldn't have seen much. (of me that is) Dr. Mario was one of the competition games at last year's NWCGE in Seattle and I lost the round in that game too. The final round was played on the Nintendo World Championship cart.

I was allowed to pick 2 items on the table as my prize (everyone who played basically got to pick something) - among assorted random promo stuff. (stickers/shirts/boxes/etc) One thing I got was a Game Gear carry case - open it up... and there is a Game Gear inside and a whole bunch of games in GG cases. That is real nice little "surprise extra" inside there. :)

bread's done
Back