Need cheapass flowers (cheaper than 1800flowers.com)

thegarageband

CAGiversary!
I had a local store I used to order them from, but lost track of it and don't have the time today to go downtown and find them. Specifically I live in Sylmar (north of the San Fernando Valley, like 30 mins away from LA).

Basically all I need is some flowers. A dozen roses mebbe. Any deals?

All the grocery stores around here usually carry flowers pretty cheap. That is, if it's not Valentine's Day. For red roses it's around $1.25/flower or $12/dozen. On V-Day it jumps to $35/doz.

Anyway, that's usually where I go for flowers. Cheap and convenient, especially if you need something quick.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']All the grocery stores around here usually carry flowers pretty cheap. That is, if it's not Valentine's Day. For red roses it's around $1.25/flower or $12/dozen. On V-Day it jumps to $35/doz.

Anyway, that's usually where I go for flowers. Cheap and convenient, especially if you need something quick.[/quote]

Ya I was thinking of doing that, but I'd need someone to deliver them for me. Maybe I'll call up a few favors tonite. Thanks!

[quote name='thegarageband']Ya I was thinking of doing that, but I'd need someone to deliver them for me. Maybe I'll call up a few favors tonite. Thanks![/quote]
Boo, delivery fees. Good luck with the favors.

[quote name='SpazX']Any neighborhoods around? Anything on the ground is free, it's in the constitution.[/quote]

My thought exactly.

My 2 cents: Don't go with a flower delivery line, they are the "Walmart" of the flower business and (as you noted) they will boost you on the price.

Do what SpazX said.

super market is the way to go if you want cut flowers BUT dont forget you can always go grab her a real flowering plant(from a garden center or something)

from pesonal experience: i got a small rose plant for CHEAPER then a dozon roses the first valentines day for my now wife.

she loved them even more then dz roses (she is a hippy, these didnt die in a week)

good luck :)

just google flower shops around your area and call them most will just do it over the phone via credit card call a few and go w/ the cheapest.

I think your screwed here. If you want them delivered, you are going to pay. I think I used proflowers.com before, but they aren't cheap. That being said, if you are having them delivered to her work, it isn't a bad idea just to pay the amount and let her coworkers gawk with envy. She'll soak it up and you'll be the beneficiary that night.

If it's going home, I really would rather bring them myself, and nothing beats the supermarket.

The plant idea is a great idea for the right woman. The thing is, most women like flowers because that's what women are suppose to get during the dating, married process. They don't want something that lives forever, they want flowers. So, it's just something you bite the bullet on and pay.

Aye I called up the flower shops and they were actually more expensive than FTD.com. The total came to like $100ish, but I found a coupon online that knocked off 15%.

So yeah just hoping she doesn't reject them or anything.

See theres a backstory here, basically I'm trying to get her back. If I go to her home she probably won't answer.

So yeah...there goes my weekend monies. Thanks for the tips guys!

[quote name='thegarageband']Aye I called up the flower shops and they were actually more expensive than FTD.com. The total came to like $100ish, but I found a coupon online that knocked off 15%.

So yeah just hoping she doesn't reject them or anything.

See theres a backstory here, basically I'm trying to get her back. If I go to her home she probably won't answer.

So yeah...there goes my weekend monies. Thanks for the tips guys![/quote]

So like $85 for flowers? You'd better get laid.

bread's done
Back