nintendo ds thumb strap

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
i just got mario 64 for the ds and i remember reading somewhere in the ign review about the ds ( i assume the original one) coming with a thumb strap to mae playing the game easier. do they sell these in stores and why is it the ds lite didnt come with one?

The thumb strap is not included with DS Lites. It was abandoned by Nintendo early on, and I believe only a handful of games even mention the thumb strap in the player's guide. It was never sold seperately and isn't even available at Nintendo's online store.

damn i guess im sol then as far as finding one goes. thanks for the help man i'll try and search the nets for one and maybe somewhere someone has some.

it actually IS listed on nintendo's online store...

here

it's just called a wrist strap, not a thumb strap. the thumb nub is attached, similar to the sliders on wii wrist straps. it's not very useful for most games, but yes, i would never be able to play mario 64 ds without it.

I pulled up Nintendo's online store, saw the wrist strap and moved on. Didn't notice the little nub there.

Well, the item is $3.95 with $2 shipping. Depends on how worth it is to you.

I ordered a second wrist strap (for my DS Lite) with an order of cases - for $4, it's not too bad to have thrown into another order.

kendro showed me the link to the nintendo site where they had it , again mad props for the help, but i appreciate all of you guys helping me out. even though its only being used for a few games to me to be able to play mario 64 ds as near to analog as possible its worth it. now if only theyd put banjo kazooie and banjo tooie out on the ds.

Someone explain how this works. Will it work on Rayman DS?

edit>picture of it would be nice

[quote name='laaj']Someone explain how this works. Will it work on Rayman DS?

edit>picture of it would be nice[/quote]

Basically controls are mapped to the touch screen and you have a stylus nub which you attach to your thumb. Pretty innovative, if you ask me, although the potential for screen damage seems higher with such a larger object, especially during intense moments.

I got to use it maybe 2 years ago on a friend's DS and I was pretty impressed, but I don't think many games support it (RE your question on Rayman) since the game has to support touch-screen controls to begin with.

if i remember correctly, it DOES work for rayman, but the touch screen controls work a bit differently than in mario 64... so it doesn't work as well.

rayman, i found, is just a hard game to control altogether. they tried to give it mario 64 controls, but didn't quite get the touch screen concept yet, so it plays like it's broken... as opposed to mario 64 which just has a learning curve to get used to the thumb nub.

bread's done
Back