- - - - -

Posting Limitations

#31 swetooth9   Go Heels! CAGiversary!   7144 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:52 PM

While we are making suggestions for improvement, I think it would be nice to be able to be able to go to either the first or the last page of all the recent threads that are listed on the front pages. This is not a complaint, just a suggestion for improvement...

yea that's a good idea too...especially for those threads that are like 20 pages long (coughofftopictopicandn64wherehousetopiccough) ;)

#32 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11399 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:54 PM

"Make the mods do their damn job"

Yep, sounds positive and constructive to me.

#33 TheRaven   Banned Banned   877 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:55 PM

Good job on being a complete ass Rich. I don't care where you are from, there is still proper ways to present yourself when making a suggestion. Telling someone that their goddamn and fucking rules suck is not that way.

#34 robwhit1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

robwhit1

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:56 PM

Can we please get rid of these damn 30 second between posts things? They're so goddamn frustrating, and make tabbed browsing pretty pointless as I wind up just sitting there staring for half a goddamn minute. Even worse, when I misspell something and go to edit, I even have to shaq-fuing wait to edit.

It's nothing but an excuse for the mods to be lazy. Get rid of it and make the mods do their damn job to get rid of spamming.

Ive never noticed the lag or any wait time. I have never tried to edit my post though and I am also a slow typer so I may not notice. However, I could see that being very annoying.

#35 zionoverfire   C10Cl12 CAGiversary!   18242 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

zionoverfire

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:58 PM

Can we please get rid of these damn 30 second between posts things? They're so goddamn frustrating, and make tabbed browsing pretty pointless as I wind up just sitting there staring for half a goddamn minute. Even worse, when I misspell something and go to edit, I even have to shaq-fuing wait to edit.

It's nothing but an excuse for the mods to be lazy. Get rid of it and make the mods do their damn job to get rid of spamming.

Ive never noticed the lag or any wait time. I have never tried to edit my post though and I am also a slow typer so I may not notice. However, I could see that being very annoying.

You won't notice it if you can't type fast or don't leave short posts such as a quote with: :rofl: attached under it.

#36 Alpha2   Custom user Title CAGiversary!   3429 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

While we are making suggestions for improvement, I think it would be nice to be able to be able to go to either the first or the last page of all the recent threads that are listed on the front pages. This is not a complaint, just a suggestion for improvement...

yea that's a good idea too...especially for those threads that are like 20 pages long (coughofftopictopicandn64wherehousetopiccough) ;)

To go to the last page in the recent post threads on the front page? just lcik the icon next to the last posters name.

#37 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24202 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

the only limitation I would like to see lifted is the one between how often you can send PMs.

If all I include is a DC# in my PM then I have to wait a pretty long time to send the next person thier DC#

There is a limit? I didn't know that.
Of course, being a mod, I guess you'd be sending quite a few more PMs than I, eh?

more from trades than being a mod.

when people get sent stuff related to this site (more from me as the mod) they tend to ignore it or never reply

#38 punqsux   1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank CAGiversary!   11197 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

i agree the posting limit is lame, make it 10 seconds or something.

#39 evilmojo12542   CAG'S PITA CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

evilmojo12542

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:07 PM

we are talking 30 seconds here is that a life or death problem when posting in a message board if so you have bigger problems. The site is free,the info is free,and be willing to be the mods are free to what more can you expect?

#40 jmcc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9608 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:08 PM

I think it's good to have there. With tabbed browsing it would be possible for some troll to load up shit-tons of tabs with replies and flood a board or a topic. It be annoying and tedious for a mod to delete and who knows what a massive volume of posts in a few seconds could do to the board's software? So keep it there. Learn to take more care when typing and you won't have to edit immediately after posting, not that 30 seconds is a life or death situation anyway...

#41 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11399 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:08 PM

we are talking 30 seconds here is that a life or death problem when posting in a message board if so you have bigger problems. The site is free,the info is free,and be willing to be the mods are free to what more can you expect?

Free Beer? :beer:

#42 Gothic Walrus   Goo Goo G'Joob. CAGiversary!   10005 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Gothic Walrus

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:09 PM

30 seconds isn't that much in the scheme of things.

Isn't waiting a bit to edit a message a small price to pay for the money you've saved from the site? :wink:

#43 cyberlian   The Big Aristotle CAGiversary!   1549 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:10 PM

To go to the last page in the recent post threads on the front page? just lcik the icon next to the last posters name.

Thanks for that post, it will save me a lot of time when i'm on my 56k...

#44 evilmojo12542   CAG'S PITA CAGiversary!   1039 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

evilmojo12542

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:10 PM

*perks up* did I here free beer??????
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

#45 jmcc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9608 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:11 PM

Free Beer? :beer:

Freon?
Posted Image

#46 Rich   Quack-Quack.net CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:15 PM

"Make the mods do their damn job"

Yep, sounds positive and constructive to me.

I never accused them of not doing their job. But with the limitations, there job is fairly easier at the expense of everyone. One of their jobs is to cut down on spam, and when they accepted their position, they agreed to do this, so everyone shouldn't have to sit around waiting for the mods to save a little bit of time at the expense of our time. I've wasted a good half hour + waiting for these time limits whlie being here, to save the mods about 10 minutes. The limitation is nothing but an excuse to excuse the mods from one aspect of their duties.

Good job on being a complete ass Rich. I don't care where you are from, there is still proper ways to present yourself when making a suggestion. Telling someone that their goddamn and shaq-fuing rules suck is not that way.

The rules don't suck. The posting limitation time sucks.

I type @ 110+ words per minute.

#47 zionoverfire   C10Cl12 CAGiversary!   18242 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

zionoverfire

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:18 PM

Damn that's fast :shock:

#48 dcfox   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   21317 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, but then it only takes him 3 minutes to go back and fix all the mistakes. j/k :lol:

#49 Rich   Quack-Quack.net CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, but then it only takes him 3 minutes to go back and fix all the mistakes. j/k :lol:

It's actually 110+ words per minute with ~1 mistake per minute.

I usually don't fix typos. I add stuff to my posts when I edit.

#50 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18073 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:59 PM

I wasn't aware there was flood conrol on post editing, but thanks for breaking the news to me so politely. 8)

I think I have corrected the problem.
Give it a test for me.

#51 Rich   Quack-Quack.net CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:01 PM

Alrighty.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
EDIT
PQRSTUVWXYZ

Fixed. Thanks. Now can you lower the normal post thign to 15-20 seconds? :)

#52 zionoverfire   C10Cl12 CAGiversary!   18242 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

zionoverfire

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for looking into it CheapyD! :D

#53 daphatty   15 Years Already?! CAGiversary!   6700 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:23 AM

:roll:

Our resident troll speaks...

#54 dcfox   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   21317 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:26 AM

Hey stop wasting time and do your damn job. :wink:

#55 sblymnlcrymnl   married ... with children CAGiversary!   30091 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

sblymnlcrymnl

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:32 AM

I only have a problem with it when I'm trying to respond to a bunch of PMs.

#56 Rich   Quack-Quack.net CAGiversary!   2554 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:44 AM

Geez, took long enough to get that title.

#57 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2004 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for decreasing the waiting peroid for editing posts Cheapy. :)

#58 supadupacheap   Off his medication CAGiversary!   3874 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

supadupacheap

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:19 AM

Now that the editing thing is fixed, Im wholely happy with how the posting system works. Even if there is a huge conspiracy between cheapy and the mods to stifle my creative genius and output (JFK anyone? :P) its fine. My time is no more or less important than their's and something tells me they arent all just lounging around drinking margaritas at my expense. Well, except for daphatty, now THATS a lazy mofo. :P

#59 Scrubking   Feels the Force CAGiversary!   4804 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Scrubking

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:24 AM

The time limit on posting is fine. People who want it lowered just want to spam and raise their post count.

Thanks, but we don't need to give idiots the ability to post their +1 shit faster.

#60 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37487 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

It's actually 110+ words per minute with ~1 mistake per minute.

Sounds about right. I think that's what I average.