anyone got GTA: San Andreas yet? GTA:SA discussion thread!

cyberlian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
got a call from my eb and they said my preorder would be in after 7 PM... Kind of late if you ask me, but I was wondering if anyone else has picked it up yet...
edit: changed title to include GTA discussion...

they did the same thing for Doom 3, the 7pm time. I think it has to do with its technically the end of the business day, so they can sell it and it would technically be on the 26th. Something like that.

Ill be picking it up tonight though.

Yea, my local EB is getting it during their 2 pm shipment. But they can't sell it til 7 pm. Good warning, I'll try to avoid EB after 7...

I'm number 1187 in the preorder line for tonight. I'm just hoping a lot of people don't know or can't make it for the 7pm time.

[quote name='Scrubking']I'm number 1187 in the preorder line for tonight. I'm just hoping a lot of people don't know or can't make it for the 7pm time.[/quote]

:shock:

1187 out of how many?!

yea i got that same 7pm call but i cant make it me and my gf have some plans, ill pick it up around 5pm on tuesday, they hold it for 48 hours i think

[quote name='Scrubking']I'm number 1187 in the preorder line for tonight. I'm just hoping a lot of people don't know or can't make it for the 7pm time.[/quote]

Damn!!!!
This is exactly why I love online ordering...no lines and no fuss (usually ;))
I took advantage of the 1 day free overnight shipping from EB...probably get it tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

[quote name='CheapyD']This is exactly why I love online ordering...no lines and no fuss (usually ;))[/quote]

I'm buying it from VGD with the voucher. :wink:

I don't know out of how many. I preordered last Saturday so I am sure the preorder number has gone up. Anyway, I will be there an hour early to get it, but I may leave if there are too many people waiting.

I overheard a GS DGM discussing the 7PM deal with employees over the weekend; he seemed to indicate that it had to do with Wal-Mart and their policies/reception of the titles. It didn't make much sense to me, but perhaps to someone in the know (GS/WM employees).

myke.

thanks a lot for the info! i was thinking for sure i'd get it tuesday, but now i get it tonight after work! you just made my monday so much better! thank you. i live in a relatively small town, so i don't expect a line past 5-10 mins, if anything. i remember rushing up there at opening with some friends a few years ago when Diablo 2 came out, thinking we'd have to fight our way into the store...then we got there and we were the only people in line lol. so maybe i'll be that lucky again tonight.

[quote name='punqsux']im glad i pre-ordered this from outpost when they had it for 35 w/free ship.

getting this in store sounds ugly[/quote]

Likewise; in a few months, I won't mind having waited a few days longer. In the meantime, however, I am getting anxious to play it.

myke.

btw, when i called my EB to make sure, the guy made it sound like every EB is doing this. so rejoice all.

In the meantime, however, I am getting anxious to play it.

If this were any other game I would have ordered it online, but like you said the anxiety is about to give me an ulcer.

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='punqsux']im glad i pre-ordered this from outpost when they had it for 35 w/free ship.

getting this in store sounds ugly[/quote]

Likewise; in a few months, I won't mind having waited a few days longer. In the meantime, however, I am getting anxious to play it.

myke.[/quote]
ive steered clear of all media for this (except reading some of scrubking's posts about it) honestly, im not THAT excited about it, but thats good, because i was pumped for VC and it was quite a letdown, so this time i decided to just accept it for what it was, and buy into the hype of it.

as long as it gets here in the next 2 weeks ill be perfectly content with my order

im waiting till wednesday

by then hopefully everyone will have their copy...i seriously doubt a big game like this would sell out

What is the point of being the first kid on the block with it. I'm with Cheapy on this one; just order it online. I mean what is the point of pre ordering anyways, there's always enough of these games.

its always the same with these games, halo 2 will be no different. dozens of people clamoring to get it on tuesday but by thursday, you wont be able to walk into an electonics/game store without tripping over a pile of 200 of them.

[quote name='jalu6']its always the same with these games, halo 2 will be no different. dozens of people clamoring to get it on tuesday but by thursday, you wont be able to walk into an electonics/game store without tripping over a pile of 200 of them.[/quote]

yeah some employee at gamestop was asking me if i had pre-ordered it already, he said good cuz he expected it to be sold out for weeks... i found that hard to believe, they already know how many guaranteed copies theyre gunna sell with the pre-ordering, you would think theyd order and extra 300 or so copies of the damn game lol and so many people who wanted it pre ordered it so people should still have the game after the rush tonight and tomorrow... and yeah too bad im working tonight otherwise i would definetely be picking my copy up...

Anyone know if places like Target will get it early? (i.e. some employee who knows nothing about games putting it out early). Also, @ EB is it only on pre-orders?

I've got like six places to check for it tonight.. EB, Gamecrazy, Hastings, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us.. and Rhino. I'm going to buy it. I NEED something to get my mind off of current situations. I'll sell it on the board in a week or two.. maybe I'll run a contest. We'll see.

My EB is doing preorders only, but they might get an extra copy or two. They have around 800 Halo 2 preorders, and "less than half of that" for GTA:SA. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I still wanna finish paying off my Halo 2.

Lol I'm getting it in 3 hours, can't wait, but there are only about 50 other pre-orders for the game. The Gamestop that I am going to is only a few months old, and the closest major city I live to is about 25 minutes away.

[quote name='bhfgamer']Anyone know if places like Target will get it early? (i.e. some employee who knows nothing about games putting it out early). Also, @ EB is it only on pre-orders?[/quote]

I'd like to know as well. I mean, I work at Target and I don't even know! I gotta wait till Friday to get the game anyway, so I'm not really worried.

I don't know . . . my Tue. is very busy . . . I teach until 9 at night . . . so I'll likely get it on Wed.

Maybe Target . . . raincheck will make it $35.

Maybe TRU . . . sale will make it $33 (but I'll have 2 games to return)

Maybe FYE . . . $10 coupon back on purchase makes it $40

Best Buy with a nearly free GH game . . . but I can't think of one I'd like that I don't have.

All I know is that I didn't want to do the EB Games preorder . . . the clerk I get there is such a jerk . . .

[quote name='jalu6']its always the same with these games, halo 2 will be no different. dozens of people clamoring to get it on tuesday but by thursday, you wont be able to walk into an electonics/game store without tripping over a pile of 200 of them.[/quote]

I know when GTA:VC came out, there weren't copies anywhere. I went with my friend Scott and we cleaned out a local KB, since we didn't preorder and that was the only store close to school that didn't take preorders, but other stores didn't have copies in for weeks.

Whoa I just called, and the guy said "There are about 175 pre-orders." I'm going to be leaving in an hour and a Half.

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='SteveMcQ']I'll probably hold off on this game until it comes out on Xbox.[/quote]

Me too.[/quote]

ditto. Better Graphics on XBOX and CUSTOM SOUNDTRACTS \:D/

If anybody pre-ordered from CC (doubt it) they're being drop-shipped by UPS Tuesday morning. They even put it in the ad that the game would be available by noon. Knowing our history, though, they'll probably get lost or "fall off the truck".

I bought Vice City the day it came out at Best Buy (On Sale for $40). I didn't have it reserved, but they had plenty of copies and no line. I traded in 5 games to get San Andreas for free at EB. He said yesterday their were about 75 pre-orders there. He also said they didn't get it untill Tuesday, but I'll check.

EDIT: I just called and they said they would have it at 4pm, it is only 2:30 here on the west coast.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']ditto. Better Graphics on XBOX and CUSTOM SOUNDTRACTS \:D/[/quote]

I don't think I ever used custom soundtracks, even in games which it may have been cool to, such as Tony Hawk 4.

I'll probably get the PS2 version next year or whenever it's $20. Also, there's the fact that we don't know when/if it's even coming to the Xbox.

My gamestop preorder says "shipped" (overnight), so I'm just going to relax the rest of the evening/night and loaf around the house tomorrow morning until the Fedex guy shows up :D

i think whats interesting is the fact that vice city went down in price sooooo much quicker than GTA3 did. Probably because the fact that it sold a few million copies very fast and a lot of copies started getting sold back relatively quickly.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='CheapyD']This is exactly why I love online ordering...no lines and no fuss (usually ;))[/quote]

I'm buying it from VGD with the voucher. :wink:[/quote]

I ordered it from mtv when they had the $8.29 off + 10% off + free shipping.

It looks good but I'm going to wait for the xbox version.

I'm still waiting for the double pack to be deliveres. That way I can play the III and VC.

bread's done
Back