The Great Muta's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say hello to Keiji Mutoh​

13.jpg

Widely regarded as one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time, and perhaps one of the smartest as he has wisely avoided risking his legacy by coming under contract with Vince McMahon.​

Keiji Mutoh got his start in New Japan, and quickly began establishing himself as a solid wrestler, despite achieving little success in the ring. Mutoh would then head off to the indies in America, and eventually into the NWA.​

It was in the NWA that Mutho was transformed into the Great Muta and began feuds with some of the all-time greats like Terry Funk, Sting and Ric Flair.​

Mutoh then returned to Japan with his Great Muta gimmick and saw much greater success in the ring, quickly becoming one of Japan's most popular stars. Many Americans may know Muta from his appearances around that time in WCW. Most memorably as part of the international version of the nWo, a gmmick he carried with him over to Japan.​

Muta's later run with WCW proved to be much less successful, probably due to who was doing the booking. This quickly resulted in Muta leaving to go back to Japan where he has remained ever since.​

Keiji Mutoh has wreslted some of the all-time greats, including Hogan and Flair themselves, his work and feuds with Chono, Sting, Vader, Takada and of course Liger are all classic. Few wrestlers can equal his in-ring psychology, innate charisma, work rate and of course his ability to blade... Hell Tajiri has based his entire career off duplicating the Great Muta gimmick.​

Yet for some reason, Mutoh rarely gets the accolades he deserves outside of Japan. Most likely because of his decision never to go to work for the McMahons; however, that decision has prevented him from ending up like so many other international stars that Vince simply used to feed to "his" top guys.​

Good choice.

My once a day reminder. Download ROH "Battle of the Icons" below. If you have any notes to me regarding the editing of the show, just PM me with it.

Battle of the Icons - Limited Time Download
Edison, NJ
1/27/07

Products__2213_14.jpg

01. No DQ I Quit Match: Jimmy Rave vs. Nigel McGuinness
02. Last Man Standing: Jimmy Jacobs w/Lacey vs. BJ Whitmer
03. Mixed Tag Match: Lacey & Brent Albright vs. Colt Cabana & Sarah Del Ray
04. Six Man Tag Team: Shingo, Davey Richards & Delirious vs. Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Jack Evans
05. ROH World Title Match: Homicide (c) w/Julius Smokes vs. Samoa Joe

Overall it was a decent show featuring Homicide's second title defense of 2007. Worth the download alone for the Homcide/Joe promos. It was the least exciting ROH live show I've been to, but the voice over commentary helps a lot. I've cut out three matches to help improve the pace of the show and it looks a lot better now. The six man tag is the best match on the card. It's also interesting because at the end you can hear Austin Aries exclaim that he hurt his ankle and is told by Roderick Strong to stay down.

Cut out were...

01. Adam Pearce vs. Pelle Primeau
02. Chris Hero vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Claudio Castagnoli
03. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Rocky Romero & Ricky Reyes

Whenever I upload these shows, I'm always going to try and get each show to around 2 hours, essentially the same length as the PPVs. It allows me to cut out matches that may seem to be filler and overall improve the flow of things.

Also, I don't think people will have patience to sit for 3 hours. The total show length is 2 hours and 11 minutes. Original length is 3 hours and 2 minutes. You need to download all three parts and unrar them to watch this.

Battle of the Icons.part1.rar - http://www.sendspace.com/file/6cjzo0
Battle of the Icons.part2.rar - http://www.sendspace.com/file/erff0s
Battle of the Icons.part3.rar - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ymfftf

Winrar Progran - http://codecpack.nl/wrar370.exe

Fifth Year Festival: New York City coming this Saturday!

he is one of the best of all time. i remember his matches with flair and alot of the other wcw guys and they were all classic. back when they did fewer ppvs and alot of wcw's ppv quality shows would be on regular tv. id love to get my hands on his japanese matches and i wish there was a way to make him in some of those ps2 wrestling games but i dunno if they have all of his moves.

id love to have seen him go up against tajiri that would have been a hell of a mach if the 2 of them were left to go all out no time limits. i always liked that octopus stretch he used to do as well as the back handspring elbow. cant recall any of his other moves aside for the poison mist.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Thanks for the ROH show - I can't wait to see 'Cide vs. Joe.[/quote]

You're welcome bro. I'll be adding new shows to the thread every Saturday and Tuesday. They'll all be in order so you can see the fueds and keep up with the storylines.

Muta is an execellent choice. I loved it when TNA teased the Christian Cage vs The Great Muta.

Monte Brown better get his ass back to TNA.

Zen, did you ever upload the good times, great memories show? Or do you have that Murder City Machine Guns vs The Briscoes match? I'd like to download that while I'm at school tomorrow.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Zen, did you ever upload the good times, great memories show? Or do you have that Murder City Machine Guns vs The Briscoes match? I'd like to download that while I'm at school tomorrow.[/quote]
Battle of The Icons is the first show I uploaded here on CAG. Although I would like to post the shows up in Chronological order I could get something together for you.

On a side note, Shelly is God. Murder City coming out to Beautiful Disaster was class. :)

Considering the reports that were going around about Monty Brown taking time off for his family, I would not be surprised if he asked for his release.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Zen, did you ever upload the good times, great memories show? Or do you have that Murder City Machine Guns vs The Briscoes match? I'd like to download that while I'm at school tomorrow.[/quote]
It looks like it's not going to happen. For some reason the Good Times, Great Memories video files won't work with my Sony Vegas software. Unless you want me to rar the entire uncut show?

THE JAY BRISCOE HANGING ROH VIDEO WIRE IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's fucking SICK!!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3MKZiDO0nI[/media]
The Briscoes promo at the end is awesome! Promo of the year! Hahaha. This promo should be my ringtone.

[quote name='Zen Davis']You're welcome bro. I'll be adding new shows to the thread every Saturday and Tuesday. They'll all be in order so you can see the fueds and keep up with the storylines.[/QUOTE]
Awesome - ROH's storylines have gotten a lot of praise, but aside from their early shows and the PPV, I haven't seen many full ROH shows.

I'm glad we've finally got a Muta thread. He was the first puro guy I saw when I became a fan in '93 and got the '89 GAB tape. I was initially attracted to his work thanks to his entrance, but once I saw his match, I was blown away. He was doing things I'd never seen before, and I'll always have a soft spot for his work.

[quote name='Zen Davis']It looks like it's not going to happen. For some reason the Good Times, Great Memories video files won't work with my Sony Vegas software. Unless you want me to rar the entire uncut show?[/quote]

How big of a rar file would it be? I've got 1 gig, 512 mb, and 128 mb flash drives to work with. I'm pretty sure the school doesn't allow cd/dvd burning. They might though...

Big thanks too! Now back to studying :cry:

[quote name='RawisJericho']How big of a rar file would it be? I've got 1 gig, 512 mb, and 128 mb flash drives to work with. I'm pretty sure the school doesn't allow cd/dvd burning. They might though...

Big thanks too! Now back to studying :cry:[/quote]
The entire show is like spread out over 3 video files that are about 699mb each. The MCMG match is spread out over 2 files or otherwise it wouldn't have been a problem.

What I can do is rar disc 2 and disc 3 and upload them and you can download them a piece at a time. I might have found a standalone file of the match too so hold up.

Muta's legendary match with Jushin "Thunder" Liger:

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=us1GTlbWgIU[/media]

The match gets 5 stars alone just for the intros.

"I tol' you! If you let me outta mah cage I was gonna pile the bodies to tha sky!"

Possibly the most terrifying thing I've ever heard in wrestling.

I can't get the PPV to download. I'll try again tonight. The Age of the Fall is like Raven's Nest all over again. Pretty awesome.

Remember when Muta showed up as Madusa's surprise for Sting in the big ass gift box? I remember watching Clash Of The Champions when that happened (quality wrestling on free tv!), and thought he was badass. To this day, I wish more companies used the elevated entrance ways like WCW used to back in the day.

One of my all time favorite matches was on WCW Halloween Havoc '89 with Muta/Funk vs. Sting/Flair. I seem to remember sometime shortly before the match started that there was a small fire started by the pyrotechnics igniting some of the props. Muta spit his mist on the fire to put it out. Awesome.

By the way guys, on the ROH show I put up. Keep your eyes on Jimmy Rave.

He throws up in the middle of his match during a crossface at 19:30.

[quote name='Zen Davis']By the way guys, on the ROH show I put up. Keep your eyes on Jimmy Rave.

He throws up in the middle of his match during a crossface at 19:30.[/quote]

How? Why?

Vomiting in wrestling always freaks me out. Just like when wrestlers have boners in the ring.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']How? Why?

Vomiting in wrestling always freaks me out. Just like when wrestlers have boners in the ring.[/quote]

I have no idea. I remember waiting on line and seeing him go in and he looked really tired. Other than that, he just pukes a little at the start. Nigel looks at him and loosens the hold on Nigel and a huge gush of vomit flows from his mouth.

Nigel moved away REAL quick.

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Jumbo Tsuruta 2/22/84 for the AWA World title, with Terry Funk as special ref. - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQRIKV1RA

Edit - More AJPW -
Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu vs The Masked Mafia - 03/20/77
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L44YO8F2

Giant Baba & Genichiro Tenryu vs Angelo Poffo & Pat McGuinnes - 03/23/77
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BVL2BC7O

Nick Bockwinkel vs Jumbo Tsuruta - AWA Title, 06/22/80
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=08RYOMLC

Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta vs Bruiser Brody & Scott Irwin - 06/29/80
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KUDEISIJ

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Nick Bockwinkel vs. Jumbo Tsuruta 2/22/84 for the AWA World title, with Terry Funk as special ref. - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQRIKV1RA
[/QUOTE]

Don't read this if you're planning to watch this match.
That suplex that Tsuruta finished the match with was awesome. It's like the grandfather of the next 20+ years of headdropping.

[quote name='Zen Davis']THE JAY BRISCOE HANGING ROH VIDEO WIRE IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's fucking SICK!!!![/quote]
Thanks for posting that, I really wanted to see it.

I feel that this was a spectacular idea in concept, but I was pretty let down with Jimmy Jacobs and his promo. For a guy who was standing under a steady stream of blood, you wouldn't think he'd be so whiney.

Great idea, mediocre execution.

First piece of ROH footage I've ever seen. I can see what you guys mean about the crowd, they were pretty obnoxious in a way that didn't add anything to the show.

The Briscoes promo at the end is awesome! Promo of the year!
Haha yes!

I have a feeling that the bigger ROH gets, the more the obnoxiousness will be diluted.

Regarding Jacobs, he is known as the 'Emo Warrior' for a reason. He has put on stronger promos, but the video angle they used is obviously so they could save the close-ups for the DVD.

[quote name='Zen Davis']The entire show is like spread out over 3 video files that are about 699mb each. The MCMG match is spread out over 2 files or otherwise it wouldn't have been a problem.

What I can do is rar disc 2 and disc 3 and upload them and you can download them a piece at a time. I might have found a standalone file of the match too so hold up.[/quote]

Alright either way would be fine. I'll take a look in the thread tomorrow when I get a break in between classes.

Thanks again

[quote name='RawisJericho']Alright either way would be fine. I'll take a look in the thread tomorrow when I get a break in between classes.

Thanks again[/quote]
Don't say I never did nothing for you! Check your private messages. It'll be there. :)

A little note. That crowd holds the match back.

[quote name='evilmax17']I feel that this was a spectacular idea in concept, but I was pretty let down with Jimmy Jacobs and his promo. For a guy who was standing under a steady stream of blood, you wouldn't think he'd be so whiney.
[/QUOTE]

See, I think that's precisely the way he needs to be. Think about Foley and his anti-hardcore campaign in ECW. It was the only way to get over as a heel. Same thing here more or less.

Has this been posted already?

WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Marcus Cor Von as of September 19. We wish him the best in all his future endeavors.

[quote name='Brak']Has this been posted already?[/quote]

Yeah. Vader thread. Some people may have missed it though.

Let me play the role of guyver for a moment (where's he been?).

*cough*

man nooooooooooooooooo wtf

Thank you, you're a beautiful audience.

That ROH video wire was quite good. The Briscoes are totally believable. I see those kinds of 'billies on a daily basis in my neighborhood. Same number of teeth, too.

Here comes more themes in preparation of Smackdown vs. Raw 08..

For those that missed the WCW themes I uploaded..

http://rapidshare.com/files/56845482/WCW.zip.html

Alex Wright
American Males (Marcus Bagwell/Scotty Riggs)
Armstrong Brothers (also used for various jobbers, I think)
Booker T
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Jericho's 1st WCW theme
Dean Malenko
Diamond Dallas Page (Self High Five)
Dungeon of Doom
Eddie Guerrero
Ernest "The Cat" Miller
Four Horsemen
Hollywood Hulk Hogan (with nWo voices)
Hulk Hogan (American Made)
Lex Luger
Meng
Nasty Boys
nWo (with voices)
nWo Wolfpack
Psichosis
Public Enemy
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Shane Douglas
Steiner Brothers (Steiner-line!)
Sting (Crow version)
Sting (Man called Sting/Brown hair version)
The Outsiders (Hall and Nash, I think they only used this once or twice, it's one of my favorite themes)

Here comes a WWF/E one, of course there will be more on the way:

Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
British Bulldog
bWo (by request)
Corporate Ministry
Evil Doink (by request)
Evolution (Exit theme)
Evolution (Entrance theme)
Jake "The Snake" Roberts (by request)
Jerry "The King" Lawler
Jim Ross
Legion of Doom (By Request)
Mankind (his first entrance theme)
Mankind (his first exit theme)
Nation of Domination
Oddities
Orton News Network (The promos Orton ran when he was new and was out with a shoulder injury)
Owen Hart
Owen Hart (Enough is Enough)
Razor Ramon
The Rock (If Ya Smelllllllllllllllllll...)
Triple H (Current King of Kings/The Game mash-up)
Ultimate Warrior (By request)
Ultimo Dragon
Yokozuna (by request)

http://rapidshare.com/files/56925235/WWF.zip.html

[quote name='Zen Davis']THE JAY BRISCOE HANGING ROH VIDEO WIRE IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's fucking SICK!!!![/quote]

Two things went through my head when watching that footage (also the first ROH anything I've seen). 1. That reminds me of Raven, for some reason. Has he done something like that before, or am I just imagining something he would have done in ECW? and 2. I don't think WWE or TNA could get away with that. Ever. And ROH has admitted that this is not representative of what they want to show. Probably the last time something like this gets done, for a long time.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']Two things went through my head when watching that footage (also the first ROH anything I've seen). 1. That reminds me of Raven, for some reason. Has he done something like that before, or am I just imagining something he would have done in ECW? and 2. I don't think WWE or TNA could get away with that. Ever. And ROH has admitted that this is not representative of what they want to show. Probably the last time something like this gets done, for a long time.[/quote]
They said it was not suitable for PPV. I'm sure it will still be on the DVD.

The closest Raven got was when he tied... Dreamer I think to a cross. That was the night Kurt Angle was in attendence and got offended and walked out.

Last I know, Raven NEVER drank anyone's blood though like Jacobs did in the video wire.

Ironclad --

It was Sandman that Raven tied to a cross.

Public Enemy once hung Dory Funk off something in the ECW arena way back in like 1994, maybe you're combining the two events.

Muta, nice. I was lucky enough to meet him at the Destination X PPV. Just a quick greeting and a picture with a camera that, it turned out, wasn't working. He was in full paint and ring gear too.:bomb:

Along with the ROH shows, I think I'm going to start adding single matches for download to the thread as well once a week on Thursdays. I'm going to categorize them as MUST DOWNLOADS or SUPER MUST DOWNLOADS!

SUPER MUST DOWNLOAD!

KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Ricky Marvin and Juventud "The Juice" Guerrera - 11/01/03

Great, great, GREAT match between the GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions KENTA/Marafuji and Ricky Marvin/Juventud "The Juice" Guerrera with an ending that is insane. It's a SUPER MUST DOWNLOAD!

Download! =

Images from the bout!

shot0155.png
shot0154.png

shot0163.png
shot0009.png

shot0029.png

I feel like a goof. I watch a good amount of Triple A, and didn't realize that Judas Mesias = El Mesias. I even watched him in his entrance gear in TNA and thought "man, I bet El Mesias is PISSED that he was ripped off so bad!"

:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back