Bullet Witch $29.99 at Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
that just seems dishonest and shady :(

I'm all for a good deal, but abusing Best Buy like that just screams "BAD KARMA!!!" to me... almost like them having higher prices on their intranet site than the real bestbuy.com

....go get 'em boys!

Actually, it's perfectly okay and legal as the OP said to PRICE MATCH and buy at Best Buy. Not buy at Toys R Us and return at Best Buy like some jackasses have done on these forums.

[quote name='Tsukento']Actually, it's perfectly okay and legal as the OP said to PRICE MATCH and buy at Best Buy. Not buy at Toys R Us and return at Best Buy like some jackasses have done on these forums.[/quote]

Its far from perfectly legal. You are getting them to price match a B2G1 sale and then returning 2 of the games and keeping the free one. Since next to no store will even price match special sales its a moot point for 99% of people

I rented this game... nice box art... but a horrid horrid little game. It's just so awful and dated looking.

I concur - terrible, terrible game. Not worth going through the trouble (and murky ethical waters) to get this one, even for free.

If anyone wants Bulletwitch that bad, just wait until Circuit City drops it to $16.96.

You know they will eventually (clear out the crap before Christmas).

I really don't understand how to do it. But I don't think the game is worth that much, wouldn't you not be able to match the reduced price since you used a price match in the first place?

You really can't consider it dishonest considering you're asking them to match the pricing deal which involves getting two games, with another being free. No fake coupons. No fake ads. Nothing dishonest there. If they accept it, great. If not, move along. If they do and you return the two games you did pay for, it's still not dishonest as you're not returning merchandise that didn't belong to them, nor are you returning merchandise you paid for a low price and are getting a higher price on in the return.

Really no different from everyone who makes pre-orders on games just to get the bonuses and cancels their pre-orders when they get their bonus.

I still don't see where the "scamming" comes in when everything would have been earned legitimatly. Like I said, it's nothing like what some of the assholes we have here who go to Toys R Us, buy the three games and then return two at Best Buy or anywhere else to exchange for other merchandise.

[quote name='Tsukento']You really can't consider it dishonest considering you're asking them to match the pricing deal which involves getting two games, with another being free. No fake coupons. No fake ads. Nothing dishonest there. If they accept it, great. If not, move along. If they do and you return the two games you did pay for, it's still not dishonest as you're not returning merchandise that didn't belong to them, nor are you returning merchandise you paid for a low price and are getting a higher price on in the return.

Really no different from everyone who makes pre-orders on games just to get the bonuses and cancels their pre-orders when they get their bonus.

I still don't see where the "scamming" comes in when everything would have been earned legitimatly. Like I said, it's nothing like what some of the assholes we have here who go to Toys R Us, buy the three games and then return two at Best Buy or anywhere else to exchange for other merchandise.[/quote]

Did Best buy make any money off of that sale? No. Did they lose a piece of merchandise? Yes. It's outright theft.

[quote name='Tsukento']You really can't consider it dishonest considering you're asking them to match the pricing deal which involves getting two games, with another being free. No fake coupons. No fake ads. Nothing dishonest there. If they accept it, great. If not, move along. If they do and you return the two games you did pay for, it's still not dishonest as you're not returning merchandise that didn't belong to them, nor are you returning merchandise you paid for a low price and are getting a higher price on in the return.

I still don't see where the "scamming" comes in when everything would have been earned legitimatly. Like I said, it's nothing like what some of the assholes we have here who go to Toys R Us, buy the three games and then return two at Best Buy or anywhere else to exchange for other merchandise.[/QUOTE]How is getting a free game without purchasing anything else NOT dishonest? The only reason it would work at a Best Buy is because it's not an official deal. You can't return the two games and keep the free game at TRU because it'd be bad for the store to give out free games (which is why they have safeguards in their system). Just because you keep the free game and don't return it for money doesn't make it okay.

And you are returning merchandise for a higher price. Assuming you got 3 games of equal value, you're paying 1/3 less for each game, but returning two of them at full value.

[quote name='banpeikun']run your stunt a couple times and there won't be any pricematching of b2g1f sales in the future. what an ass you are.[/quote]

What he said...and maybe this thread should be closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back