Wombat buys a PSP!

BigChris914

CAG Veteran
In honor of Wombat buying a PSP i thought we could start a thread of recommendations for him on games and accessories to get. I will start things off by saying that I recently bought the official Sony media manager from their website for about $17 and that it is well worth it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to use their PSP as an ipod, as it automatically will convert any video podcast that is incorrectly formatted. You can also set a playlist before you sync your PSP and have it automatically transfer your selected files. I've also been loving Jeanne D'Arc. It's a great game. So here's to hoping we'll hear more about the PSP on the cagcast.

You can save money with custom firmware and uhh "homebrew" except I'm not sure about the PSP-2000's hacking status.

I highly recommend Vice City Stories. The missions are just about the right size for a portable game (as opposed to the previous one, Liberty City Stories, which while I'd still recommend playing I'd advise you to do so on the PS2).
Crush is a nice little puzzler, if a bit short, and everyone recommends Lumines but to be honest I wasn't amazingly impressed.
Portable Ops is pretty good, but again hampered by the PSP controls - might be worth a rental, I guess.
Other than that, keep an eye out for God of War CoO (obviously) and Echochrome, which looks awesome.

I whole-heartedly recommend Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee, it really is a great game, and you can probably find it for around $20 by now.

Also, you obviously have to buy GTA: LCS and VCS.

I also happen to love Burnout Legends, haven't had the chance to play Dominator though.

Other than that....you could always get Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Ridge Racer (RIIDDDDDDDDDDGGGGEEE RAAAAACCCERRR!!!)

Okay Wombat, here are games that you will get the most value

Hot Shots: Open Tee
Killzone :Liberation
Loco Roco
Luminies II

Because you love Classic Games (depends on which games you like)

Capcom Collections
Metal Slug Anthology
Sega Collection

You may own some of these collections but now they are portable.

I picked up the same bundle using the same CAG price matching action.

I'd say pick up Tekken 5. Its damn good if you like fighting games. Daxter that comes with the bundle is actually fun. Lastly, Lemmings is great fun. It's got that old-school level design with the 3D-afied graphics...good stuff.

I also got X-Men Legends II and it's OK.

BTW...anyone still have the above mentioned X-Men game? On my PSP slim it will not start with UMD cache turned on. I called Sony and they told me they had no idea why it doesn't work. Anyone who's got it and a new PSP...please try it out.

bread's done
Back