Otogi 2

dustyeff

CAGiversary!
Anyone else get this game? It's SO awesome. Good god. I got it for $27 too off Outpost. Even after just a few levels, I think I'm ready to declare this my favorite XBOX game... geeze. Ok, I'm going to go play some more! I'll post some more thoughts when I'm out of my fanboy frenzy.

I got to level 16 or so in Otogi and kept dying for no reason. It happened like 4 times where I was walking up this long path and then all of a sudden I fly backwards and am dead instantly. Haven't picked it up again since then, but I probably should.

I didn't think the first Otogi was easy. Well, ok, the first 6 levels or so are pretty easy, but some of the later ones get damn hard. The gauntlet level with the 4 bosses is really damn hard.

So, if the second is the same, give it a few levels to ramp up in difficulty.

The first few levels are quite easy. This is probably cuz I'm used to the Otogi system though. It seems to be more of the same, with just some more in depth weapons and character options. You get 6 different characters to choose from. One is a big axe-guy like Asteroth from Soul Calibur, then you have your classic samurai looking guy, another is a fan-wielding lady, and another has a sort of scythe, while yet another is wielding a double bladed sword that looks very, very smooth. And then there's this weird swirling.. tree.. guy. He's my favorite.

Anyway, my favorite part about this game is just how stylish the fighting is. Remember that showdown in the snowy area from Otogi 1? That was probably my favorite 'boss fight' in a game. Absolutely amazing.

The roach boss is a beotch at first.

After you figure out his routine,... he'll be dead in a matter of 3-4 minutes.

The game is HUGE!!
It gets harder, and harder as you progress.

The roach boss is in the first few stages,.... and there are a LOT more, after him.

Seriously, one of the most overlooked games on any console.
Unfortunately, I hear that teh sequel isn't as good.

Have fun, and fill us in.

:)

Well you can either try whacking away at him as drone8888 suggests , or just come back to it later when you're at a higher level and wipe the floor with him. Game wasn't all that hard for me until I got to the very last boss, I think I spent the better part of the night trying over and over to beat him.

i was thinking about getting the first installment, but i heard people complain about horrific camera angles. how are they?

I rented Otogi and thought it was pretty cool. I am looking for it on the cheap. I may pick up Otogi 2 during the TRU B2G1 sale this week.

Otogi 1 was a great game that didn't get much attention. I think I bought it for about 40, but the difficulty was too hard for me, so I sold it to a friend.

I'm still playing Otogi 1 and love it. I love just running around a smashing the hell out of everything. I don't think it's all that easy either. I'm currently on this level with the "jelly boss" (I'll call it that - there's a bunch of glass rods, cut-outs in the floor and the boss and a room with a big bridge. I'm stuck but will eventually prevail.

I really want to pick up O2 but will tough-it-out till it drops to $20 or so...I have WAY to may games to beat before I continue on another buying spree.

I got Otogi 2, but honestly didn't even put it on the shelf with my top 200 PS2/Xbox/GC games, as I thought it wouldn't be good. Maybe I'll rethink it, though I honestly don't think I'll be playing it any time soon (toooooo many games).

I heard mixed things about part 1. As for other Sega action games, I didn't like Gunvalkyrie, but I think Blood Will Tell (PS2) is pretty fun.

I thought the first Otogi was awesome. However, I bought the game for $40 bucks and then a month later it was $15 at Fry's. I think I'll pick up a copy of Otogi 2 if and when it hits $14. There are just tooooo many games out this "Holiday Shopping Season"(TM) for me to pick this game up now...

bread's done
Back