- - - - -

Why do artificial sweeteners taste like shit?

#1 electronicmaji   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

electronicmaji

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:31 AM

Seriously tho! And why can't I buy coke made with sugar in the us anymore?

#2 TheCochese   I make things out of wood CAGiversary!   12453 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:53 AM

It's the police. They hate you, too.

#3 The Green Giant   Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse CAGiversary!   7587 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:51 AM

why can't I buy coke made with sugar in the us anymore?

I'm thinking it's because you can't read.

The better question is why did they get rid of Vanilla Coke last year do to "poor sales" and bring it back this year?

New Leaf, MK7 and Smash peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#4 mcgavin27   twomanjobs.com CAGiversary!   3976 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:53 AM

I'm thinking it's because you can't read.

The better question is why did they get rid of Vinilla Coke last year do to "poor sales" and bring it back this year?

because you can't spell vanilla.

logo.png

#5 RAMSTORIA   fate is inexorable CAGiversary!   11980 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:54 AM

its because they're artificial

Posted Image

#6 The Green Giant   Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse CAGiversary!   7587 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

The Green Giant

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:56 AM

because you can't spell vanilla.

D'oh!

I always do that. And for some reason I type "like" when I mean "there". It's very odd.

New Leaf, MK7 and Smash peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#7 Liquid 2   Dutch Dreams CAGiversary!   24368 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:59 AM

Coke with sugar >> Coke with corn syrup.

The difference in quality is astounding. Whenever I go out of the States, I drink a ton of coke, whereas I drink almost none while in the States.

#8 Cracka   www.hempjewelryworld.com CAGiversary!   3797 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:18 AM

its because they're artificial

was going to say the same thing.

#9 crunchb3rry   HODOR! CAGiversary!   5524 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

crunchb3rry

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:47 AM

Saccharin is usually what makes them taste like shit. That "sugar free bubblegbum" aftertaste.

#10 R1V3R5   No Pussy McNeverSexes CAGiversary!   2500 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:38 AM

The taste doesn't bother me much. I'd much rather have that aftertaste than those calories.
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#11 jlarlee   Tom Brady GOAT CAGiversary!   5562 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

The splenda cokes are much better
Posted Image

#12 crazytalkx   Yes!! CAGiversary!   5590 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

crazytalkx

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:54 AM

Mexican Cokes FTW

#13 sblymnlcrymnl   married ... with children CAGiversary!   30090 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sblymnlcrymnl

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:58 AM

Mexican Cokes FTW

QFT :drool:

#14 option.iv   phantom fighter CAGiversary!   3156 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Life
PS1

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:59 AM

Vanilla Coke is like fucking crack. Almost beats out my favorite Dr. Pepper. But the real soda I want them to bring back is Pepsi Lime. Was more of a Pepsi person anyway.

test.gif

Youtube | Twitch | Twitter | Steam

NNID: option.iv

#15 sblymnlcrymnl   married ... with children CAGiversary!   30090 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sblymnlcrymnl

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:00 AM

It's not Vanilla Coke anymore, it's Coca-Cola Vanilla. :roll: :lol:

#16 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26582 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:02 AM

Mexican Cokes FTW

QFT.

One of the great advantages of being near the border.

However, Canadian Cokes are just as good, if not better. Be sure to drink them there too.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#17 option.iv   phantom fighter CAGiversary!   3156 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Life
PS1

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

It's not Vanilla Coke anymore, it's Coca-Cola Vanilla. :roll: :lol:

So you're saying I've been conned all this time?! Damn you!

Yeah, you're right, i totally forgot the label change, it's even in little kiddy writing. I guess it's not sponsored by Mafia gangsters anymore.

test.gif

Youtube | Twitch | Twitter | Steam

NNID: option.iv

#18 pacifickarma   Master of Orion CAGiversary!   2134 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

pacifickarma

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:21 AM

Seriously, check your local Mexican market. Most sell Mexican cokes made with real sugar instead of HFCS. I think some Costco stores even sell the Mexican cokes!

#19 cochesecochese   corrompido e imoral CAGiversary!   4889 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

cochesecochese

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:24 AM

Seriously tho! And why can't I buy coke made with sugar in the us anymore?

Corn Lobby (nae joke). Fucking agricorporations are ridiculous.

#20 electronicmaji   Banned Banned   309 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

electronicmaji

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:55 AM

Problem with mexican cokes is they only come in glass bottles near me and I like cans. Anyways wjhat made me start this thread was the Splenda coke which doesn't have the aftertaste but is just way too sweet...

#21 RAMSTORIA   fate is inexorable CAGiversary!   11980 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

Mexican Cokes FTW

mexican coke owns. they always have it at the burrito place around the corner. and the bottle is better too.

Posted Image

#22 Krymner  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

mexican coke owns.

QFT

#23 suko_32   (soo-koh-32) - noun CAGiversary!   6472 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:25 PM

Well coke does make 80% of their profits from outside the US.
MGO: LiquidCake

#24 lilboo   Not addicted to WoW CAGiversary!   18235 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:05 PM

Hmm. So what's up with Mexican coke? Being in NJ, clearly I don't have easy access to Mexico :( What makes it so good?

Also, splenda = win.
Anything else..such as equal or sweet 'n low..yuck!! That sacchrin (sp?) is terrible.

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#25 GuilewasNK   No gimmicks necessary. CAGiversary!   21258 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

Vanilla Coke was my favorite soda ever. I haven't seen one in a long time.

The reason artifical sweetners taste awful is because it's a bastadization of God's creation of sugar. Or something like that.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#26 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7908 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

All I want is some Surge. That stuff tasted like melted green popsicles. Vault is the closest I've tasted but it's still nowhere near as good.

How crap like Mountain Dew still gets sold while Surge vanished is beyond me.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#27 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26582 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Hmm. So what's up with Mexican coke? Being in NJ, clearly I don't have easy access to Mexico :( What makes it so good?

It uses actual sugar instead of corn syrup.

Find a mexican market if you can. Otherwise go to Walmart and try to see if you can find coke in glass bottles. That's most likely Mexican Coke. There might even be an "International" Aisle they'd be in.

Try other stores and maybe even some convenience shops also.

If you get ,desperate I'm sure a CAG would hook you up. :p

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#28 geko29   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

Saccharin is usually what makes them taste like shit. That "sugar free bubblegbum" aftertaste.

There are no major-brand sodas made with Saccharin. Nearly all are Aspartame (Nutra-Sweet), though a few (Diet RC, Diet Rite, certain versions of Diet Coke) are made with the far-superior Splenda.

I use Splenda at home almost exclusively. For coffee, iced tea, etc. My wife even bakes with it 90% of the time. Tastes great.

As for diet sodas, the Aspartame-sweetened ones with the least offensive taste IMO are Diet Coke/Pepsi with Lime, Dr. Pepper (especially vanilla), and Mountain Dew Code Red (actually better than regular IMO, same taste, no gross syrupy stickyness).

But every year around passover I head to a grocery store in one of the Jewish neighborhoods and score some Kosher Coke. Mmmmmm 100% pure cane sugar goodness. Last year Meijer even stocked 2-liters of Kosher Pepsi. We got some, but it doesn't match up to the Coke. Goose Island Rootbeer is also made with cane sugar, and is fucking awesome for those who can get it (I live in chicago, so I'm golden :)).

#29 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7908 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

Kosher Coke, I never even thought about that. Fucking brilliant.

All this talk about foreign Cokes has piqued my interest. Here's hoping my Wal-Mart has some Mexican Coke.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#30 Liquid 2   Dutch Dreams CAGiversary!   24368 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

For those of you saying "Mexican Coke FTW," keep in mind that it's basically all Coke outside the US (I've had Coke in 6 countries outside of the US, 4 of them overseas, and they're all made with sugar -- and amazing).
Mexican Coke is just easier to get here in the States.