CAG Foreplay #18: A New Sector of Nerdtown (9/25/07)

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
CAG's shipwreck & mrs. shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of September 25th, 2007. This week we preview games called Halo, games with Halos, and a Halo-vulot of games that wish they were Halo. Halo.

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

CAG Foreplay Podcast show notes will be up later today.

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/foreplay/cagforeplay18.mp3[/media] [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAG_Foreplay[/digg]

Animal Genius Dev. Big Blue Bubble Pub. Scholastic, Inc. Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
This edutainment title revolves around testing the gamer's knowledge of animals and their habitants. Pop it in your kid’s DS and marvel as they play one of five animal-theme games: Creature Collector, Scratch 'N See, Matchomatic, Maze Munch, and Animal Expert. As true of all great DS titles, Animal Genius is available on Leap Frog as well. Does that count as a console now? - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Animal Genius.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $28.84 (99 cent shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)

Arctic Tale Dev. Atomic Planet Entertainment Pub. DSI Games Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
Remember that movie, March of the Penguins? This game is based on that movie, except with Polar Bears and it's called Arctic Tale. Play as a polar bear cub or baby walrus trying to stay alive in the wild. Game-play includes your standard free-roaming environment, mini games, and travel zones. A cutting edge title that you'll want to sink your $20 into? Probably not, but at least it's cheaper than Animal Genius. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Arctic Tale.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $18.99 (Free shipping)

Backyard Basketball Dev. Humonguous Pub. Atari Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
(Deja Preview) Paul Pierce of the red hot Boston Celtics is this year's Backyard Basketball. I'm not sure if there is a Madden type curse that goes along with this series, but if things start going badly for the Celtics, I'd blame this game. Actually, for kids sports games, you really can't go wrong with any of these Backyard titles. So if you've got some little hoopsters that can't quite get the timing right for the double dunk in NBA Street, this might be a game worth checking out. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Backyard Basketball.

:ds: Purchase At Family Video $28.84 (99 cent shipping)

Bratz: The Movie Dev. Disney Interactive Pub. THQ Systems: PS2, Wii MSRP: $29.99, $39.99
If you've just finished Zoey 101: Field Trip Fiasco and you can't decide what game to play next, Bratz: The Movie might just be your title. Instead of just being satisfied with their mundane world of fashion and music videos, the Bratz crew gets to star in their very own film! Join them as they become uber-famous and uber-famouz on the Wii or PS2. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Bratz.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping & bonus DVD)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $27.94 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping & bonus DVD)
:wii: Purchase At Family Video $38.46 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

Cocoto Kart Racing Dev. Neko Entertainment Pub. SVG Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
The press release for this kart racing game proudly proclaims "Cocoto is back for this new challenge!" Back from where you might ask. Well, how about from games we never saw in the States like 2004's "Cocoto Platform Jumper" or 2006's "Cocoto Funfair"? Woah there, don't you think Funfair might be a little too vague of a name? Might want to get those creative juices back in check or nobody will have any idea what Cocoto is doing in these games. Well, one thing's for certain, for now he is back and he has a go-kart. And he races. I guess that's three things. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Cocoto Kart Racing.

Crayola Treasure Adventures Dev. Crave Pub. Crave Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Stay in the lines or suffer the consequences. The consequences of me ripping the labels off all your crayons. How are you going to tell that red-orange from that orange-red now, huh? I told you to stay in the lines. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any deals for Crayola Treasure Adventures.

CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder Dev. Telltale Games Pub. Ubi Soft Systems: PS2 MSRP: $29.99
Investigate five crime scenes by pointing and clicking your way through this port of a 2006 PC game. - ship

Best Deal:
Amazon is offering CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder for $20.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

CSI: Hard Evidence Dev. Telltale Games Pub. Ubi Soft Systems: 360 MSRP: $39.99
Investigate some more crime scenes by pointing and clicking your way through this port of a 2007 PC game. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for CSI: Hard Evidence.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $38.46 (99 cent shipping)
:360: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova 2 Dev. Konami Pub. Konami Systems: PS2 MSRP: $39.99, $59.99
The Eyetoyedified DDR makes its second appearance with new songs and online play. Featuring songs such as "I can't be bothered to remember this song name" and "Remix of that song that was in the other one". - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for DDR SuperNova 2.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $57.68 (99 cent shipping)

Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party Bundle Dev. Konami Pub. Konami Systems: Wii MSRP: $69.99
Dancing fever spreads its way to the Wii with 50 new songs, wacky hand controls, and the ability to make us all forget that Boogie existed. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for DDR Hottest Party.

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $69.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Deep Discount $68.99 (Free shipping)

Dave Mirra BMX Challenge Dev. Left Field Productions Pub. Crave Systems: Wii MSRP: $29.99
Porting one of the lowest rated PSP games of all time to the Wii seems like a really good idea. Hold your Wiimote sideways and shake it up and down to try some sweet jumps. Chicken Shoot, you may have a new challenger. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Dave Mirra BMX Challenge.

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)

Halo 3 Dev. Bungie Pub. Microsoft Systems: 360 MSRP: $59.99, $69.99, $129.99
Might do okay. - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering the normal edition and the Limited Edition for $10 off the retail price. There are all kinds of other deals and promo choices for Halo 3 in the Video Game Deals forum.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $49.99 (99 cent shipping)
:360: Purchase At Amazon $69.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $59.99 (99 cent shipping)
:360: Purchase At Amazon $129.99 (Free shipping)

Hot Pixel Dev. zSlide Pub. Atari Systems: PSP MSRP: $29.99
Because there aren't enough mini-game compilations out there for the PSP and because Atari wants us all to send them our money, Hot PXL is debuting this week. Play as a skateboarder in a pixilated world full of weird references to movies and video games, pop culture, and humor. It's oddness makes it unique, but it's mini-game format also makes it more-of-the-same. You'll have to decide this one for yourself, but keep in mind that it's average score on MetaCritic is a 57/100. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Hot Pixel.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Family Video $28.84 (99 cent shipping)

Jackass: The Game Dev. Sidhe Interactive Pub. Red Mile Entertainment Systems: PSP, PS2 MSRP: $29.99
Man-thongs are all the rage when hitting midgets with a baseball bat. Banana hammocks are a must when breakdancing in an electronics store. Jewel-slings are stylish and can only class up the joint when hitting your fellow man in the crotch with paintballs. Plus 32 other mini-games! - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is selling the PS2 version of Jackass for $25 shipped and the PSP version for $27 shipped.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $23.99 (99 cent shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Family Video $25.43 (99 cent shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.95 (Free shipping)

Kurupoto Cool Cool Stars Dev. LFO Pub. LFO Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
You, the gamer, are a Kurupoto, which is another name for a Star Worshipper. The stars have fallen on Kurupoto Island, your home, and you must put them back by collecting the Haloes that the stars lost when they fell. Insert one of many clever references to collecting Haloes here. Want the simple plot summary? It's an action-puzzle game. -mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Kutupoto Cool Cool Stars

Math Play Dev. Natsume Pub. Natsume Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
The bright side of all this edutainment? You won't feel like you're missing out on anything when you devote the next eight weeks to playing Halo 3. This title features multiplayer action and numerical puzzle games. With the cute kitty character cheering you on, my guess is that this title will appeal to the younger gamer. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Math Play.

Ninjabread Man Dev. Data Design Pub. Conspiracy Systems: Wii MSRP: $29.99
Yup, we're talking about a Gingerbread Man who's a ninja that fights evil cupcakes. Here's the kicker: this is the second game in two weeks that was once a PS2 game released two years ago in Europe that is being ported over the the Wii. Along with the dated graphics, you'll get a mediocre platformer that garnished scores of 3's and 4's (out of 10) from critics. Well, that was two years ago. Maybe they've changed their minds by now. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Ninjabread Man.

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Family Video $28.83 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)

Original Frisbee Disc Sports: Ultimate & Golf Dev. Destination Software Pub. Destination Software Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
(Deja Preview) Don't be fooled by imitators, this is the original. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Hopefully, they can grab the official intramural broomball license and corner the lucrative make-believe sport market. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Original Frisbee Disc Sports.

Race Driver: Create & Race Dev. Codemasters Pub. Codemasters Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Real-world circuits meet create-your-own specials in this DS racer. Using the DS touch screen, you can create your own tracks and then test them out with the sports car of your choosing. Since this game came out last week in Australia, we've got a pretty good idea of how this game plays: eh. Although this title is the most realistic of the racing games on the DS, the game just isn't all that much fun. The customization is bountiful for sure, but so are the mediocre early reviews. You might want to wait on this one. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Race Driver.

:ds: Purchase At Family Video $28.24 (99 cent shipping)

skate. Dev. EA Black Box Pub. Electronic Arts Systems: PS3 MSRP: $59.99
(Deja Preview) Tony Hawk, you finally have a challenger. After all these years, someone has figured out how to make a unique skating game that doesn't try to copy the THPS control scheme... and it's actually good. EA's years of tinkering with dual analog stick control, has brilliantly culminated in a fresh control scheme that actually works giving the user a sense of accomplishment and the game a sense of fluidity. There's definitely room for improvement, but "skate." has set the groundwork for a solid series. - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering skate. for $55 shipped.

:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $53.98 (99 cent shipping)

Soul Nomad Dev. Nippon Ichi Pub. NIS America Systems: PS2 MSRP: $39.99
In order to save the world from three evil golems and their master overlord (the World Eaters), you must sell your soul and take in the spirit of the overlord. You are, of course, the only one who could contain him and thus our only hope. This strategy RPG game by NIS is quirky and appealing. The battle system is similar to that of Disgaea, but your army is composed of manikins that you have bought and varies depending on what their abilities are. Sounds a bit confusing, sure, but this title has 40 hours of gameplay including multiple endings based on choices you made while playing! If you're an RPG fan, this title is well worth the $40. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Soul Nomad.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $38.46 (99 cent shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

Spelling Challenges and More! Dev. Supersonic Software Pub. Crave Systems: DS, PSP MSRP: $19.99
(Deja Preview) I can't spell. I'm seriously awful at it. I mean, the only reason my Foreplay previews come out alright is that I have spellcheck running to tell me that awful only has one "L". This game is just what the title says: spelling and some word games. There's money involved, so you can bet on your spelling skills. Spelling Challenges and More! can be yours for only $20. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Spelling Challenges and More!

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets Dev. Activision Pub. Activision Systems: DS, PS2, PS3, 360 MSRP: $29.99, $49.99
Although there is very little information out there on this year's version of World Series of Poker, I do know they've added some more people with snazzy nicknames and interesting wardrobe choices. - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering the PS3 version of World Series of Poker for $45 shipped.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $48.07 (99 cent shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $48.07 (99 cent shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Deep Discount $43.99 (Free shipping)

On The DL with the Shipwrecks

Kirby's Avalanche Systems: Wii MSRP: $8
It's your standard line-up-four-pieces-of-the-same-color-to-make-them-disappear puzzle game. This game was a copy of Puyo-Puyo, the same game that Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Wario Woods was based on. Or so says Wikipedia. My recommendation? If you really want a quality puzzle game, save your Wii points for Dr. Mario. - mrs. ship

Legend of Hero Tonma Systems: Wii MSRP: $6
Tonma is a dude that likes to jump around and shoot fireballs at the undead. Fortunately for him, that's exactly what he does in this TurboGrafx-16 platformer. - ship

Streets of Rage 3 Systems: Wii MSRP: $8
Axel, Blade, and Skate return to walk to the right and beat up wave after wave of Mr. X's goons. For the third installment they brought along an old bionic man and larger, more realistic looking sprites. And a really grating soundtrack. - ship

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

Dear Mr. Shipwreck,

I'm a new listener to the CagCasts and the Cag Foreplay and I've been enjoying them alot.

I just have one thing to say.

A canoe and a kayak are *not* the same thing!

Enjoying your commentaries on new games and I like the format of dividing the new games up by platform.

Keep up the good work!

And remember, a canoe and a kayak are *not* the same thing!

Halo 3 ZOMG HALO 3!!!!

Wait Soul Nomad comes out this week? O SHIT!
OMG THE GUIDE IS LIKE ALMOST AS MUCH AS THE GAME IS!!!
GRRRRrrrr

Ok, I took my neices with me to Gamestop this weekend, and picked up Garfield's Nightmare for DS. My first reaction was the same as Shipwreck; this game is going to be cat-poop.

Actually, far from it. The engine looks like New Super Mario Bros. 60 FPS 3D platforming, with some real nice graphics for the DS. (It's made by the creators of Nanostray, of all things)The Ghosts on one of the eraly levels even have that 'Ghostbuster' green transulscent glow around them.

The play isn't quite up to NSMB, just becuase there is some box pushing to slow the hop and bop pace down. There is a bit of backtracking to flip switches, but overall it's not too bad.

Throw in some simple minigames, and I'd recoomend Ms. Ship trade Nancy Drew in for this.

Hot PIXL had a downloadable demo, and didn't seem too bad. I think $19.99 is my breaking point for this.

Last point- Ships, did you ctach the irony about a game whose goal is to release Halos, released during the same week as when Microsoft release over a million copies of Halo? Coincidence?
[Edit Listened to the show, didn't read the text- Nevermind]

Still no Big Daddy coffin.

Regarding the box to ship back your broken Big Daddy figure: I'm waiting for mine, too. According to the official forums, it will be a little while longer while they make the replacements. Since you're allowed to request an exchange up until September 30, I wouldn't expect to get your box before then.

My desk at work will have a bare spot for a while longer...

:lol: I love the incredibly short Halo 3 description (though by now, who the hell doesn't know exactly what it is?)

yea shippy, no Big Daddy coffin here either so you're not alone. i guess we'll need to wait longer. and i hope my copy of Eternal Sonata arrives today. value shipping from EB.com blows...

btw, how's the quality with the Master Chief helmet?

[quote name='LiK']yea shippy, no Big Daddy coffin here either so you're not alone. i guess we'll need to wait longer. and i hope my copy of Eternal Sonata arrives today. value shipping from EB.com blows...

btw, how's the quality with the Master Chief helmet?[/QUOTE]

I was pleasantly surprised by both the size and the quality of the helmet. It doesn't have the weight that a really expensive replica would have, but it looks nice and I'm glad mrs. ship talked me into getting that version.

Just listening now - damn, when you said the winner mentioned Picross, I thought I was golden for the Halo 3 contest ;). Oh well... I would have been a good recipient because I'm not buying it otherwise and would have given it a shot if I won (I've never played any of them).

Anyway, this is the first week in a while where there isn't a single game released that I want (at full price, anyway) :lol:. (Though Soul Nomad might be a possibility - I didn't realize that was out already)

So you guys think Eternal Sonata is the best RPG out in a while (across all platforms I assume since you mentioned Persona)? Have you guys played Blue Dragon (more than the demo)? Eternal Sonata would have to be one of the best games of the year for it to beat out Blue Dragon for me. I have Eternal Sonata here and almost returned it tonight. I may still do so. I'll be sinking many more hours into Blue Dragon so I can wait for a price drop to get Eternal Sonata later. Unless it is so insanely excellent that I need to play it right after Blue Dragon... You can play coop, right? I saw both of you playing it together on my FL Sunday night which reminded me of this feature. That might be cool for me and my youngest son since he likes watching me play Blue Dragon and plays it a bit on his own too.

Edit - Near the end of the 'cast, now. Hey, funny you should mention young kids and DS's. I finally gave in and let my 4 year-old (he'll be 5 in Dec) play the kids' DS. It is an old blue phat one that was mine before I got an Onyx DS Lite. If a new color comes out (blue or green) I'll probably get a new DS and give the black one to my older kids (7 and 10). The phat is sufficiently robust to hold up to my 4 year-old though. However, I would not let him play it outside of the house. We use the GBA for that. My 7 year-old takes it in the car though.

By the way, here's some wacky kid tastes for you. My 10 year-old daughter has really been losing interest in gaming. She has 4 dance classes and a soccer team to keep her busy now. She was the reason I got a Gamecube in 2003 and got back into console gaming (all the other systems followed) for the first time since my long ago Atari/Colecovision days, so I was somewhat disappointed she hasn't wanted to play much recently. But she showed some interest in 2 games recently. The first was not surprising - Hamsterz for the DS, which I had heard was not all that bad for the "AnimalZ" branded games so I got it for her. The second she wanted to play just last night out of the blue - Morrowind on the Xbox :lol:. She remembered me playing it on the computer 5 years ago or so (note: half her life ago) and wanted to play "that wierd game with the person in the town". Somehow I deciphered what she mean by that and popped open my clearance Morrowind GotY edition. She played for a few hours - I was impressed.

[quote name='io']Just listening now - damn, when you said the winner mentioned Picross, I thought I was golden for the Halo 3 contest ;). Oh well... I would have been a good recipient because I'm not buying it otherwise and would have given it a shot if I won (I've never played any of them).[/quote]

haha I felt the exact same way

Really it seems like nothing came out this week, but I am interested in the Wii DDR (I've had 0 luck finding any dance pads though) and Ninjabread Man just for the name and cover art. I'll wait for Ninjabraed Man to drop in price (ok when its near free) or see some reviews before I get that.

Great cast you two.

ShipsNieceTheElder has volunteered to play Halo in Mrs.Ship's stead. She inherited Polymer's strategizing ability. She might kick your ass.

Sibling

Im just curious how many people were in line for the halo 3 launch where you are ship. I think I had around 60 people in line out side of gamestop waiting for a copy. I was impressed because of how small our town is, population is around 20,000 where the gamestop was.

Ship, remember when I thought it was odd very few people on my FL were playing Bioshock the week it came out? Well, totally different story today. I have 73 on my list, 71 of whom are CAGs. At 9pm Pacific Wednesday (day after release) 13 people were online. 12 were playing Halo 3, and 1 was "Away" (and probably taking a break from playing Halo 3) :lol:. I've never seen it that uniform - it was hilarious...

Ah, hell, here you go:

It's a good thing I'm not a Halo fanatic because I've been swamped with work and have only been able to spare a few hours a day the last few days for gaming - with most of that spent on CAG and the rest on a few Picross sessions.

[quote name='shipwreck']I was pleasantly surprised by both the size and the quality of the helmet. It doesn't have the weight that a really expensive replica would have, but it looks nice and I'm glad mrs. ship talked me into getting that version.[/quote]

Didn't you also consult your cats as to which version of Halo to buy?

[quote name='InuFaye']Im just curious how many people were in line for the halo 3 launch where you are ship. I think I had around 60 people in line out side of gamestop waiting for a copy. I was impressed because of how small our town is, population is around 20,000 where the gamestop was.[/QUOTE]

There were around 250 people at the GameStop I went to. I was around 180.

[quote name='DQT']Didn't you also consult your cats as to which version of Halo to buy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were very disheartened that they couldn't wear the helmet.

[quote name='shipwreck']

Yes, they were very disheartened that they couldn't wear the helmet.[/quote]

Buy another to modify for cats?

That's... a lot of Halo.

Downloading the show right now, sounds like a good one based on comments.

And io, why am I not in that screenshot?

[quote name='yukine']That's... a lot of Halo.

Downloading the show right now, sounds like a good one based on comments.

And io, why am I not in that screenshot?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, man, you must not have been playing around 9pm Tues night. I've seen you on there before. I think that's generally too early for you, isn't it ;). Note that was only the active players on my FL at that time. There are 60 or so more who weren't on at the time!

I've been too busy to play the 360 but I just finished a big project so I'll get back to it. I need to get my Blue Dragon up there to disrupt that solid wall o' Halo :lol:.

[quote name='io']Ship, remember when I thought it was odd very few people on my FL were playing Bioshock the week it came out? Well, totally different story today. I have 73 on my list, 71 of whom are CAGs. At 9pm Pacific Wednesday (day after release) 13 people were online. 12 were playing Halo 3, and 1 was "Away" (and probably taking a break from playing Halo 3) :lol:. I've never seen it that uniform - it was hilarious...

Ah, hell, here you go:

It's a good thing I'm not a Halo fanatic because I've been swamped with work and have only been able to spare a few hours a day the last few days for gaming - with most of that spent on CAG and the rest on a few Picross sessions.[/QUOTE]

I had similar numbers last night. 23 people online, 21 were playing Halo 3 and 2 were away.

.[quote name='io']I dunno, man, you must not have been playing around 9pm Tues night. I've seen you on there before. I think that's generally too early for you, isn't it ;). Note that was only the active players on my FL at that time. There are 60 or so more who weren't on at the time!

I've been too busy to play the 360 but I just finished a big project so I'll get back to it. I need to get my Blue Dragon up there to disrupt that solid wall o' Halo :lol:.[/quote]

...what are you trying to say? :lol:

As far as lines go, I couldn't tell because I was at home recovering from surgery. My mom went on the 25th in the daytime to pick up my copy from GameStop. The local news showed many lines for the game, but it was a slow news day.

Brother,
Remember the time I got our mouths washed out with soap when I taught you to say "shit for brains?" Yeah, that was funny.

Picked up My Sims for the Wii for ShipsNieceTheElder today. You and Mrs should come over to play.

Enough,
Sibling

Hey Ships,

Loving the show, y'all are doing a great job. Quick question for you. A couple weeks ago you mentioned Mercury Meltdown Revolution for the Wii coming out, and I've been checking religiously at gamestop, and they just look at me like I'm on crack when I ask for it. Did it slip, or do y'all have any updates on it?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

[quote name='InuFaye']New Show coming tonight?
I guess you were to busy watching the patriots smack around the Bengals :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I forced myself to watch it. Right now there's a 50/50 chance that there will be a show this week. We were in Toledo for a wedding from Friday to Sunday and we both had busy days at work yesterday and today so there hasn't been much time to research the games for this week. We'll see what happens though.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yes, I forced myself to watch it. Right now there's a 50/50 chance that there will be a show this week. We were in Toledo for a wedding from Friday to Sunday and we both had busy days at work yesterday and today so there hasn't been much time to research the games for this week. We'll see what happens though.[/QUOTE]

Just record a 1 minute show that says Zelda Phantom Hourglass is out - go buy it. ;)

For reference:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/legendofzeldaphantomhourglass

Hey, Ship, since you are the new game release guru around here, maybe you can answer me this. Did Chibi Robo Park Patrol come out this week? Metacritic has it releasing today and has a few reviews up, but I can't even FIND the game on EB/GS or Target's web sites. I'm surprised EB/GS doesn't even have a preorder page for it.

I'm guessing it didn't come out, but then I'm having a hard time figuring out when it will come out.

I have yet to pick up my Phantom Hourglass. Gamecrazy gave me a call today but I won't be up there today - maybe tomorrow.

[quote name='io']Hey, Ship, since you are the new game release guru around here, maybe you can answer me this. Did Chibi Robo Park Patrol come out this week? Metacritic has it releasing today and has a few reviews up, but I can't even FIND the game on EB/GS or Target's web sites. I'm surprised EB/GS doesn't even have a preorder page for it.

I'm guessing it didn't come out, but then I'm having a hard time figuring out when it will come out.

I have yet to pick up my Phantom Hourglass. Gamecrazy gave me a call today but I won't be up there today - maybe tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Chibi-Robo is out, but it's a Wal-Mart exclusive.

[quote name='io']

I have yet to pick up my Phantom Hourglass. Gamecrazy gave me a call today but I won't be up there today - maybe tomorrow.[/quote]

Get it at TRU instead - Free $20 Prima guide

[quote name='shipwreck']It actually looks like there won't be a show this week. .[/QUOTE]

Boo....

[quote name='shipwreck']It actually looks like there won't be a show this week. But I am in the second dungeon of Phantom Hourglass and we'll definitely talk about it next week.[/quote]

Quit being a slacker.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yes, Chibi-Robo is out, but it's a Wal-Mart exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that after I posted - I think it's freakin' stupid... I guess I'm not getting it then.

The reason being the same one for why I'm not getting Phantom Hourglass at TRU even with the free guide - I don't spend real monies on these games. I use trade credit that I have in adundance thanks to various deals. Ship knows this of course - this is for the guy who told me to get Zelda at TRU ;).

CAG Foreplay #19 is finished, but libsyn (our file hosting site) seems to be unresponsive at the moment, so I'll try to post the episode in the morning along with the written version.

bread's done
Back