Horrible Game Crazy Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staind204

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The other day I received a newletter from Game Crazy. It had a 20% off any new game coupon so I decided I'd give the store a shot. I went in there yesterday and traded in some games and got $37 in credit. I wasnt sure what game I wanted so I came home. Today I decided on getting The Suffering since it comes with a free Midway's Arcade Treasures game. I called to make sure they still were giving away the free game with it because I didnt want to make a 25 min drive for nothing and they told me yeah but I'd have to come in a put down a deposit to preorder it. So when I get there they tell me that I don't get the free game with it because it comes out tomorrow and that isnt considered a pre-order. I explained to them how I was told over the phone that I could come in and put down $5 and receive the game with it and the guy who told me said he did tell me that. The other guy tried to tell me that its not preordering if its one day before release and I couldnt get the game. He then told me "You can preorder the game and use your coupon but you wont get the free game". That makes no sense, I thought he said it wasnt a preorder. He then told me I could buy the games separtly. I think they are just trying to keep the free game that they get for free and sell them and make $20. I kinda lost it and said some mean things to them and just left, now I'm stuck with $37 in credit to a store I don't want to shop at. They run a horrible business and I am very pissed off right now, I emailed them but I doubt they will care.

[quote name='Staind204']They run a horrible business and I am very pissed off right now, I emailed them but I doubt they will care.[/quote]

They probably won't. Still, it sucks that there's so many ass employees in these stores today.

I know. I swear I've lucked out at that store. Every time I've gone there, the employees were more than cool. I went in one time, and the store manager tells me if I preorder a game, he'll give me the premium sheet (1 year of free rentals) that people get for purchasing a system. The other time, was after I purchased Rtype final. A week later, one of the clerks tells me that they had just gotten in a few copies of Rtype for the Gameboy... most stores just don't follow thier customers like that. Of course, the EB I frequent is just like this as well, because the store manager there was the store manager of a store I worked in back in my retail days. (Thank God I got that degree, and my position wasn't offshored to India... I don't think I could stomach retail much longer)

Midway was only free if your pe-ordered the title 8 days beofre the release...IF the release is tomorrow, and you pre-ordered it today (and I bet you had no intentions of actualy buying the suffering, right?) then why should you get a game for free? Midway set up the promotion, not Game Crazy. So even EB, Game Stop, whomever would say the same thing. Also keep in mind, Midway is free when you PICK-UP The Suffering (i.e. pay in FULL).

EBGames.com is taking pre-orders for the game and still is offering Arcade Treasures for free so I don't know about only getting the game for free if you pre-ordered it before 8 days unless EB is breaking the rules.

does 8 days really matter? The store is getting all of the midway arcade comps anyway, so who really cares if it's less than 8 days. What they're probably doing is saving all of the extra free midway games they got and selling them for $19.99 instead of giving them away and using the 8 day rule as an excuse.

[quote name='gizmogc']Midway was only free if your pe-ordered the title 8 days beofre the release...IF the release is tomorrow, and you pre-ordered it today (and I bet you had no intentions of actualy buying the suffering, right?) then why should you get a game for free? Midway set up the promotion, not Game Crazy. So even EB, Game Stop, whomever would say the same thing. Also keep in mind, Midway is free when you PICK-UP The Suffering (i.e. pay in FULL).[/quote]

I don't think he's necessarily angry about not getting the free game, but because he drove all that way for nothing after Game Crazy told him on the phone he could have it. Game Crazy really should of honored the deal since if was their employee that made the mistake.

I agree, he should have given the game to you, told you that you were fortunate of the employees mistake, and then he could fuss at the employee instead of hurting the customer

Yeah and its in their ad... it doesnt say "Must Preorder 8 days in advance". I even made sure and called to make sure I didnt make the trip there for nothing. Then when he had the nerve to say I could purchase the games separtly that really pissed me off. Even if for some reason they couldnt get the free Arcade Treasures from Midway because it was too late they could have afforded to take the loss. The game is only $19.99 anyway, you would think they would rather do that than lose a customer.

this is a situation where you talk to the manager. If the person who talked down to you WAS the manager, ask who above him. Dont let them fuck with ya like that. The worst that will happen is nothing happens, but you may get the free game as well as "bonus" credits. If i wasnt typing in such a hurry id point you twards Cheapyd's best buy experience..

Keep in mind, its not that they don't want to give you th game for free, since Midway IS paying for it, it is because I'm sure ohers have pre-ordered it well in advance, and they will not have enough copys to cover your day befoe pre-order. The same situation happened in my store. We have 4 pre-order's for the Suffering (1 for Xbox, 3 for PS2) and we only got shipped 4 copys of Midway. So if you pre-order the day before, we woudlnt have enough copys to cover you.

Adding another comment about the 8 days thing.... Pre-ordering generally means a week in advance. You can't "pre-order" a game that has already been distributed. 8 days before the game comes out, the wharehouse puts together a list of the amount of copys each store will receive depending on there pre-orders for it. Some Game Crazys (like min) will allo you to pre-order up to the day before, but its to guarantee you a copy if we have enough to fill pre-orders. If we do not, then you cnan get your $5 back. It' really only to hold you a copy of the game. You do not get any of the free stuff that would come with the game though, including MidWay, watches etc.

**Update**

I had emailed Midway and today I got a response. They are sending me a free copy of both The Suffering and Midway's Arcade Treasures. In exchange they wanted the name of the employee and the store address/phone number of the Game Crazy that did me wrong. The guy from Midway explained that the "pre-order" in advance thing was not true. He told me that previously the cut off had been March 5th but they told stores to extend it to 11:59 P.M. on March 8th. Anyways I am a very happy customer, now I just have to go spend that $37 in credit at Game Crazy so I never have to return there. I'm glad Midway was nice enough to do this for me :)

Yeah, I plan on going and spending my credit on MVP 2004 (if they ever get any in stock). Once they sell it to me I am going to ask to be removed from their computer, its a far drive and they are rude. I would much rather give my business to EB. (I might get flamed for the whole selling as new thing, but EB has always treated me right).

Wow, Im gonna have to e-mail Midway and get the game for free, since they are obviously WRONG. We got a memo telling us no later then March 1st. Oh well, FREE Game!

[quote name='Staind204']**Update**

I had emailed Midway and today I got a response. They are sending me a free copy of both The Suffering and Midway's Arcade Treasures. In exchange they wanted the name of the employee and the store address/phone number of the Game Crazy that did me wrong. The guy from Midway explained that the "pre-order" in advance thing was not true. He told me that previously the cut off had been March 5th but they told stores to extend it to 11:59 P.M. on March 8th. Anyways I am a very happy customer, now I just have to go spend that $37 in credit at Game Crazy so I never have to return there. I'm glad Midway was nice enough to do this for me :)[/quote]

WOW!!! When I mentioned for you to e-mail them, I thought you would get the Arcade Treasures. Never thought they would give the other game also.

Midway accually cares about their customers(too bad some the other companies don't give a rats ass).

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='gizmogc']Wow, Im gonna have to e-mail Midway and get the game for free, since they are obviously WRONG. We got a memo telling us no later then March 1st. Oh well, FREE Game![/quote]

I didnt post this topic to bullshit Midway and get a free game. This honestly did happen to me. I even got the games this morning, they got here in less than 12 hours.. now that is service.

[quote name='gizmogc']Wow, Im gonna have to e-mail Midway and get the game for free, since they are obviously WRONG. We got a memo telling us no later then March 1st. Oh well, FREE Game![/quote]

Sounds like a great way to take advantage of a company for having good customer service. :roll:

[quote name='Staind204']I didnt post this topic to bullshit Midway and get a free game. This honestly did happen to me. I even got the games this morning, they got here in less than 12 hours.. now that is service.[/quote]

Wow, I've gained a lot of respect for Midway. And lost some for Game Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back