Learning to breakdance

Hunter55

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey, i wanna learn to breakdance, but i live in valley stream , long island, and theres like nowhere to learn around here. I heard of videos that teach you how to breakdance, but there are so many to choose from. Any reccomendations? Also, whats the cheapest breakdancin video out there? Im very broke at the moment :cry:

805_image_06.jpg

You got served!
(See this episode titled "You Got F----d in the Ass")

I had a video tape I picked up somewhere about five years ago it had a very generic type label and was called "white men on crack" I thought the title was funny and the price was like 50 cents. When I popped it into my VCR I was surprised to see it was a break dancing "how to" video. It was about 90min long and had some pretty good technigues being demonstrated. I don't know if there was any kind of major production run on it, you might want to try and google it

Hey, I recently started breakdancing myself. Check out this site: www.bboy.org . The DVD they offer is fairly cheap and so far has been helping me out a lot. The basics aren't really too hard if you are coordinated at all, I was able to pick up a few things in an hour or so. Hope this helps.

@7$ fairly cheap? A regular dvd costs like 20$ tops, although this dvd does look highly reccommended. Anyone know where i can get it for cheaper?

lmao. I just saw a kid trying to teach another kid how to breakdance in the middle of the hallway at lunch today. It was the funniest thing, he was teaching him to stand on his elbows :lol:

[quote name='Hunter55']@7$ fairly cheap? A regular dvd costs like 20$ tops, although this dvd does look highly reccommended. Anyone know where i can get it for cheaper?[/quote]

The DVD on the site is a 2 disc set. Worth it IMO if you really wanna learn. On that website are tons of videos to start you off though.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Hunter55']@7$ fairly cheap? A regular dvd costs like 20$ tops, although this dvd does look highly reccommended. Anyone know where i can get it for cheaper?[/quote]

The DVD on the site is a 2 disc set. Worth it IMO if you really wanna learn. On that website are tons of videos to start you off though.[/quote]

if its something you care about $27 is nothing.

im kinda intrested in this, but i dont have any dancing background, does that hurt?

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Hunter55']@7$ fairly cheap? A regular dvd costs like 20$ tops, although this dvd does look highly reccommended. Anyone know where i can get it for cheaper?[/quote]

The DVD on the site is a 2 disc set. Worth it IMO if you really wanna learn. On that website are tons of videos to start you off though.[/quote]

im kinda intrested in this, but i dont have any dancing background, does that hurt?[/quote]

I don't think you need a dancing back ground, but you do need to be in over all good phisical shape to do the more impressive moves. That's not to say that there arn't large B-Boys out there it's just you don't see them busting head spins. But I was at a weding this summer were this Huge guy was able to pull off a few windmills. It was nuts, I guess if you know how to do it and you can create enough momentum it's possible to large guys to pull it off.

Also breakdancing is a great way to get into shape.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='Hunter55']@7$ fairly cheap? A regular dvd costs like 20$ tops, although this dvd does look highly reccommended. Anyone know where i can get it for cheaper?[/quote]

im kinda intrested in this, but i dont have any dancing background, does that hurt?[/quote]

There are some painful moves, like dropping and stuff, in general it is more a matter of endurance and flexibility. If you are really interested, building up your arm strength and flex will really help out. Poke around the site I posted, learn how to "6-step" and see if you like it.

Yeah, I saw a video a while back...very tough stuff. You have to be in GREAT shape with some good upper body strength. Most of the moves involve that.....

Good luck.

bread's done
Back