[DEAD] Wii Componet cables only 3.84 @ Monoprice

Quick question,
I really like this deal but, suppose I can only plug one console at a time into my HDTV's component. What other equipment do I need to have my 360 and Wii to be both connected?

i think there is a company that makes multi connectors also. they had ones that would be a component connection on one end, and an xbox, ps2, and gamecube on the other. they might have a similar one for newer systems. if i had the time id look for you, but check around!

If you have an hdtv you probably have a vga port. Get a vga cable for your 360 and use that. Otherwise, get an s-video cable for the wii. The Wii isn't hd and s-video and component video quality for 480p is not major.

[quote name='buckeye25']If you have an hdtv you probably have a vga port. Get a vga cable for your 360 and use that. Otherwise, get an s-video cable for the wii. The Wii isn't hd and s-video and component video quality for 480p is not major.[/quote]

No get the component its the only way you can get wide screen and 480p from the wii. Now if you cant use component S Video is worth it over composite, Sorry but I can't disagree more the is a notable difference on my TV S-video to Component and for 3.84 how could you go wrong.

Always remember for analog

RF < Composite < S Video < Component

[quote name='Kfoster1979']No get the component its the only way you can get wide screen and 480p from the wii. Now if you cant use component S Video is worth it over composite, Sorry but I can't disagree more the is a notable difference on my TV S-video to Component and for 3.84 how could you go wrong.

Always remember for analog

RF < Composite < S Video < Component[/quote]

I think what he's saying is that if only one can use component let it be the 360. Since the Wii will only give 480p and the 360 will give 1080i/p. Both component of course would be the best solution.

I actually bought these cables off of monoprice earlier, they are good solid cables.

[quote name='stormrage360']Quick question,
I really like this deal but, suppose I can only plug one console at a time into my HDTV's component. What other equipment do I need to have my 360 and Wii to be both connected?[/quote]
Something like this perhaps? http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083001&p_id=3567&seq=1&format=2

Also from Monoprice - $10.88, but it should do what you want. It says you should unplug the cable from the console you are not using - I do not know how big of a deal that is.

-- Oxygen

[quote name='Purkeynator']hmm 5.8 feet long. Not the longest cable in the world. I think I will pay a few bucks more and get a 10 footer on amazon for $13.[/quote]

Damn how long of a cable do you need? I wish I could get a componet cable that was about 3ft .

[quote name='stormrage360']Quick question,
I really like this deal but, suppose I can only plug one console at a time into my HDTV's component. What other equipment do I need to have my 360 and Wii to be both connected?[/quote]

No need to go to any other site. Monoprice offers a 4 port component video switch for $33.50.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10112&cs_id=1011201&p_id=3027&seq=1&format=2

Here's one of the reviews:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rating:
smrating_10.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](10 out of 10)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reviewer: Zack from Los Angeles, CA[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​
none.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
next1.gif
I use this switch with an Xbox360 and Wii on a 65 1080i HDTV and haven''t noticed any degradation. I''m no expert in the field of component switches, but this item is probably the best sub-$100 switch on the market. [/FONT]

just got mine in the mail. it works fine in 480i but when i set the wii to 480p i get this wierd split screen thing. is it my tv or the cables? i have a 53 inch sony rear projection.

bread's done
Back