Pre-Order Super Mario Galaxy, Get free Coin

doc005

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
I did a search, and didn't see this posted. My apologies if I missed it.

I saw this at GoNintendo
http://gonintendo.com/?p=26133
http://gonintendo.com/?p=25764

If you pre-order Super Mario Galaxy, you receive a free coin.

List of retailer offering pre-order coin

Amazon.com, Circuit City, Fred Meyer, Fry’s Electronics, Game Crazy, GameStop, Kmart, LaCuracao, Meijer, Nintendo World Store, RC Willie, Sam’s.com, Sears, ShopKo, Target, Toys R Us, Transworld, and Wal-Mart.com.

pic of coin
smgpre_ordercoin.jpg

pic of proof
photmo.jpg

saw this on a thread a few weeks back, don't remember where though so its good to have the reminder. also hadnt seen the picture of the coin before. looks nice.

useless but cool. no gamecrazys here so here's hoping target gets it. i hate gamestop but i bet they'll get it

Just an FYI I just picked up a small color flyer from BB on the Mario Coin. It apparently will be available there on the release day as well for "preorders".

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']Hahaha that is the most useless free item to get with a game ever.[/QUOTE]
I almost tripped over my Homer-ball that doesn't roll while looking for a place on my wall to put my incredibly small Slash poster.

[quote name='LiK']useless but cool. no gamecrazys here so here's hoping target gets it. i hate gamestop but i bet they'll get it[/quote]

I was at Target yesterday and saw the same display for the coin with preorder, looks like you're in luck!

That's actually pretty neat. Sounds like it'll be all over like the Pokemon styli. Hopefully Target will be handing them out at the time of your "preorder" of the game like they did with the Pokemon styli, and I can "preorder" an extra game for a coin. :p

If not, I'll probably preorder at Gamestop for the coin.

If you have a Meijer near you, they have them there as well. I saw this listed in last week's ad. If you put $5 down, you get the Mario coin then-and-there along with a slip of paper that says you can pick up the game on the release day.

It's the same type of thing they did for Halo 3 when you could put $5 down and get a free Halo-3 T-Shirt.

[quote name='monkeydeew']this would be a cool slammer for my pog collection...[/QUOTE]

Remember Alf, we'll he's back... in POG form!

or better yet a mario statue with a coin! and gloves that shoots fire (gasoline/flamible liquieds sold septeratly )

[quote name='garfep']Sorry to bump this, but any word on if GS/EB will have these coins? Or is it only GameCrazy/Target so far?[/quote]They will be at:

AAFES
Amazon.com
Circuit City
Fred Meyer
Fry's
Game Crazy
GameStop
Kmart
LaCuracao
Marines
Meijer
Navy
Nintendo World Store
RC Willey
Sams.com
Sears
ShopKo
Target
Toys R Us
Transworld
Walmart.com

Basically everyone but Best Buy.

[quote name='botticus']They will be at:

Basically everyone but Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure?

I think I even posted this in here. *edit I did page 1 post 8.

I was at best Buy and they had a color sheet that said preorder now and get the free coin when Galaxy arrives..

Do you need me to get a picture of the darn thing?

[quote name='Snake2715']How do you figure?

I think I even posted this in here. *edit I did page 1 post 8.

I was at best Buy and they had a color sheet that said preorder now and get the free coin when Galaxy arrives..

Do you need me to get a picture of the darn thing?[/quote]They should probably tell Nintendo. That store list is from www.supermariogalaxy.com.

I wanted to preorder this at Amazon but there's no mention of the free coin on there... should I worry?:whistle2:k

Also, I wonder how limited these will actually be with pretty much every store offering it.

[quote name='botticus']They should probably tell Nintendo. That store list is from www.supermariogalaxy.com.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I thought maybe you were being sarcastic. Hmm... I will have to cehck to see if those little flyers are still in my local BB. Maybe they couldnt get the coin after all.

[quote name='Snake2715']No problem, I thought maybe you were being sarcastic. Hmm... I will have to cehck to see if those little flyers are still in my local BB. Maybe they couldnt get the coin after all.[/quote]Nah, thought it was odd myself as Best Buy is practically the only big box store not on the list.

i'm confused, i dont see the coin offer on amazon.com. is it automatically included with all preorders?

[quote name='Vinny']
Also, I wonder how limited these will actually be with pretty much every store offering it.[/quote]
As limited as the Halo 3 legendary edition.

[quote name='LiK']i'm confused, i dont see the coin offer on amazon.com. is it automatically included with all preorders?[/quote]
Yep, I'm wondering the same thing myself!

[quote name='lurknomore']Anyone know how much will be on Target's giftcard that accompanies the gold coin?[/QUOTE]

I think the card is just something that holds the coin. I don't think it will have any value.

[quote name='ZForce915']I think the card is just something that holds the coin. I don't think it will have any value.[/quote]Nah, Target just gives you a gift card to put money on. So you can put anywhere from $5-$50+tax on it. I'm not sure what the other stores are doing outside of just handing out coins when you pick up the game.

[quote name='botticus']Nah, Target just gives you a gift card to put money on. So you can put anywhere from $5-$50+tax on it. I'm not sure what the other stores are doing outside of just handing out coins when you pick up the game.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I think I get it then. Instead of putting $5 toward the game, you put $5 on the card to use to buy the game later.

Oh good, I was just about to run out of stupid useless junk.
[quote name='ZForce915']I think the card is just something that holds the coin. I don't think it will have any value.[/QUOTE]
Kind of like the coin.

bread's done
Back