Gamecube Wavebird Rechargeable Battery Packs for $.99 at GR!

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
This was posted in the Blockbuster/Gamerush forum, but I thought it deserved it's own post. If the mods disagree, please delete.

Thanks to TimTucker for posting this!

"TimTucker wrote: Found what I thought was pretty good deal: HipGear Wavebird Battery Packs are on clearance for $0.99. Picked up 5 (one for each wavebird, plus a spare).

(for those wondering, it's basically 2 1000mAh rechargable batteries in a holder w/ an AC adapter to charge them)"

I have found three of these at one GR and one at another. I now have Rechargeable goodness for all my Wavebirds. I will never have to buy batteries for them again!

Here's the link to what they look like

Linky

very good deal if you can't afford batteries. however the specs says "Up to 12 hours of wireless play on a single charge" a four pack of batteries from a dollar store is 1.50 for some panasonics. not meaing to crap on your deal OP but regular alkalines last 50 hours nintendo says. however I have had one wavebird for about 7 months and have not changed the batteries in it. just plain old regular alkalines.

on the other side of the fence you will save the earth from all of those toxic chemicals and save yourself some money in time.

very good deal if you can't afford batteries. however the specs says "Up to 12 hours of wireless play on a single charge" a four pack of batteries from a dollar store is 1.50 for some panasonics. not meaning to crap on your deal OP but regulars last 50 hours nintendo says. however I have had one wavebird for about 7 months and have not changed the batteries.

on the other side of the fence buying these will save you money in the long run and the earth from all the toxic chemicals in batteries.

but these can be recharged. I got three last week. Looking for one more. Using GR credit makes this a super cheap deal.

I checked a while ago and they have none at the GR by my house. :( Gotta take RE4 back to the GR up the street later this week i forgot to look when i rented it, hopefully i'll get lucky.

[quote name='shrike4242']If anyone wants to pick up four of them for me, I'd be very appreciative.[/QUOTE]

I wont be out there until this weekend, but I have one more GR I can check. If I find any I will let ya know.

Maybe you could keep an eye out for the $6.99 PS1 2 for 1 games for me. I would love to get Castlevania SOTN and Chrono Cross for $6.99. Also, any Final Fantasy's if they have any. I don't care if there GH, and my GR's don't have crap for new PS1 games.

[quote name='hotwls13']I wont be out there until this weekend, but I have one more GR I can check. If I find any I will let ya know.

Maybe you could keep an eye out for the $6.99 PS1 2 for 1 games for me. I would love to get Castlevania SOTN and Chrono Cross for $6.99. Also, any Final Fantasy's if they have any. I don't care if there GH, and my GR's don't have crap for new PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

As Blockbuster has decided that they don't need GR's in the St. Louis area, I won't have any luck if they're just at GR. If they're at the regular Blockbuster stores, then I'll see what I can find, since there's a BB right next to where I'll be this evening.

[quote name='$hady']I checked a while ago and they have none at the GR by my house. :( Gotta take RE4 back to the GR up the street later this week i forgot to look when i rented it, hopefully i'll get lucky.[/QUOTE]

$hady, what GRs in Cinci do you frequent?

Is this at Blockbuster as well? I don't think there's a Gamerush within a 3 hour radius for me (although I wish they'd put one here). However, I'm pretty damned sure there's some of these at my local BB.

[quote name='shrike4242']As Blockbuster has decided that they don't need GR's in the St. Louis area, I won't have any luck if they're just at GR. If they're at the regular Blockbuster stores, then I'll see what I can find, since there's a BB right next to where I'll be this evening.[/QUOTE]

I think BBs have the games for $6.99, but I don't think they have the buy 1 get 1 free. Sounds cheap I know, but I hate to pay $6.99 per game when I may be able to pay $3.49 per game. If they have them for 6.99 , and they have the B1G1 Hell YA. Otherwise, I think I will keep looking.

[quote name='hotwls13']This was posted in the Blockbuster/Gamerush forum, but I thought it deserved it's own post. If the mods disagree, please delete.

Thanks to TimTucker for posting this!

"TimTucker wrote: Found what I thought was pretty good deal: HipGear Wavebird Battery Packs are on clearance for $0.99. Picked up 5 (one for each wavebird, plus a spare).

(for those wondering, it's basically 2 1000mAh rechargable batteries in a holder w/ an AC adapter to charge them)"

I have found three of these at one GR and one at another. I now have Rechargeable goodness for all my Wavebirds. I will never have to buy batteries for them again!

Here's the link to what they look like

Linky[/QUOTE]

I'll keep my eyes OPEN & look closer whenever i hit GR again!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']$hady, what GRs in Cinci do you frequent?[/QUOTE]\

None i hit the Northern KY ones.;)

Florence and Ft Wright most often. The Newport store has the best selection usually, although i haven't been to it for probably 5 months or more.

[quote name='$hady']\

None i hit the Northern KY ones. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lol, excellent choice. I was just wondering if I might run into a fellow CAG someday at a GR.

OP, thanks for posting the deal... I picked up two for my wavebirds, but one appears to be DOA. :(

I don't have a GR by me, but I bought one on clearance at CompUSA a while back. I didn't try it until now though and it seems like it doesn't work... I guess I'm out $1 too...

I bought these for about $10 a pop. I have to say that they suck. They went bad in about 6 months. For 99 cents it's a good deal, but if you miss out I wouldn't say you're missing too much.

[quote name='hotwls13']Damn, I hope they aren't all duds. I haven't tried mine yet. Good thing they are only .99. :)[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this is why they are on clearance... GR got tired of taking in returns.

I picked up some for Shrike last night. Bakersfield GRs are officially cleaned out of them. Has anyone reported these at Regular Blockbusters?

[quote name='hotwls13']I picked up some for Shrike last night. Bakersfield GRs are officially cleaned out of them. Has anyone reported these at Regular Blockbusters?[/QUOTE]

I went to three of them in the area and no sign of them anywhere.

[quote name='shrike4242']If anyone wants to pick up four of them for me, I'd be very appreciative.[/QUOTE]

I think my GR might have have these...I'm not totally sure about 4 but I might be able to "collect" 4 of them.

I got two and they were both duds. When I contacted HipGear, they asked me to ship them back to Canada in order to get an exchange.

I figure I'll just eat the $1.98 as a loss. Given their general shoddy quality, it's not worth the postage to get a replacement.

bread's done
Back