TRU: Guitar Hero II $20 off - Oct 7 Ad

My TRU already cleared out GHII bundles for $60 during the B2G1 free sale... I was going to pick one up but the guy before me got the last one.:whistle2:(

Maybe this means they'll get more?:whistle2:k

yeah my store cleared out pretty quick also but we got more shipments of them, more of the 360 version than PS2, so hopefully they'll be shipping more since it is front page in the ad

[quote name='cybersteve00']At my local Costco they have it for the same price (for the XBOX 360). You guys might want to check yours...[/quote]

My Costco blows when it comes to games. It's been getting trimmed down little by little :(

[quote name='Masterkyo']Guitar Hero II (XB360) - on sale for $69.99 (reg. $89.99) - 20% off $75 coupon = $56 :)[/quote]
eh?
There's a coupon?

And how would it work if the total needs to be $75 but it's on sale for $70? I don't think they include the total after tax :whistle2:k

[quote name='Jewelz23']nice, but I think most people looking for GH are waiting on part 3.[/QUOTE]

Not me... I'm waiting for GH III to come out so I can buy GH II at a nice price.

[quote name='cybersteve00']Not me... I'm waiting for GH III to come out so I can buy GH II at a nice price.[/quote]

Ditto. I was gonna use the $5 off coupon at EB, but I've decided to wait a bit longer.

This is a hot price, though, for people who haven't yet experienced the awesomeness that is Guitar Hero II.

[quote name='cybersteve00']Not me... I'm waiting for GH III to come out so I can buy GH II at a nice price.[/QUOTE]

The stand alone GH1 game really didn't go down in price when GH2 came out...the GH1 bundle was only $70 when it came out and the GH2 bundle was $80 when it came out, so the stand alone GH1 was priced at the same game +$30=bundle formula. Also retailers look to be much more on top of inventory levels for GH2 bundles than they were with GH1...outside of Best Buy, I haven't seen many stores with stacks of GH2 bundles sitting around.

[quote name='mitch079']Thanks OP but I just don't get the fun about pushing buttons on a pseudo guitar.[/QUOTE]
Thats what I thought too for the longest time, and then I tried the game and now I am hooked. I am working my way through hard mode and then gonna try expert. Its really fun with friends. Even my girlfriend plays it with me. I know its nothing like real guitar playing, but it still requires skill especially in the harder modes.

In for the PS2 version! :D I've been holding off on getting it untilit got cheap and with GH3 looming, here is my chance! This also means I have an excuse to go to Toys R Us and poke around a bit. Getting older is no fun. :(

I picked the 360 version up for $63.

That was the $70 - $5 McDonald's Monopoly Toys 'R Us $ - the 10% discount for getting a TRU credit card.

They wouldn't take the 20% of whatever off $75 coupon since it was printed.

I got the PS2 version with 2 PSP clearance games(Lumines!......2. awww) and I couldn't use the coupon either. So i put a PSP game back but the lady took the wrong game off my total. So now i can't return L2, only Work Time Fun.

[quote name='mitch079']Thanks OP but I just don't get the fun about pushing buttons on a pseudo guitar.[/quote]

Everyone should at least try a game before they blast it, have you at least given it more than just your "Deep Thought"?

Forgot about the monopoly thing at Micky D's. I was gonna price match it to CC and get that 10%, but mm maybe will take a different route.

But I rather look for the game itself... if anyone wants to sell me it, LMK ;]..

[quote name='mitch079']Thanks OP but I just don't get the fun about pushing buttons on a pseudo guitar.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way to some point. It is not that I don't see the fun of it, I just dont get it. I would rather play a guitar then play this game. However if I can get one new for about 40 maybe 50 bucks I might buy it. I really don't think it is worth more then that. So when everyone is going nuts for 3 I might just be geting 2. Thats a might be geting 2. I just think the time playing the game could be better used to play a real guitar. If price is an issue for a real guitar then that BS. You can get a learning set for not alot more then what Guitar Hero is when it first comes out. I could understand to a point the issue with space but you can get a really small amp that sounds like crap but does not take up much space.

Anyway ending my rant I don't get this game but will give it a try if I can get it new for 40 bucks. 50 bucks at the most but more then that it is not worth it and thats even for te 360. PS2 should be around 40 at most by now and I would never even think about geting it for the PS2.

Like I said for me I just don't get it. I would rather play a real guitar. I don't think I have ever said the game is not fun. Hell I never played the damn game. I don't think its worth the price it is after how long it has been out. Like I said I wouldnt pay more then 50 for it really wouldn't want to pay more then 40. I'm not trying to stop people from geting it. It's just I don't get why play it when you could learn to play the guitar.

Well I like to eat apples. But I don't like oranges. Why would I eat oranges when I could eat apples? Apples are so much better than oranges.

Savvy?

[quote name='sendme']It's just I don't get why play it when you could learn to play the guitar.[/quote]
It's cheaper.

Easier.

More accessible.

fucking fun.

So you're saying basically that you're unwilling to pay for a game AND controller for $50 and you would rather play a real guitar? A real guitar starts at least 2x the price and would seem to be a chore to learn if you're not dedicated enough. Hell, the last guitar I bought was $800.

[quote name='sendme']It's just I don't get why play it when you could learn to play the guitar.[/quote]

I don't get why people play first person shooters when you can get an AK, go to Germany(no offense to the Germans, but we all know 95% of WW2 games are over yonder), and go to town.

I paid around 400 for one of mine. The other was in a set for around 100 or 150 with an amp. It was a starter set that was not much more then the cost of this game. Well atleast not much more then when it first came out. I was seeing this thing for almost 100 bucks on the 360 when it first came to it. Again though I just dont get it but I'm not saying the game isn't fun seeing how I have never played it. I would rather play a real guitar and think the time playing this game could be better used in learning to play the guitar. This is just what I think. Chances are high that I will pick this game up if it ever gets to 40 bucks. I might at 50 if I have nothing else to play.

[quote name='sendme']I paid around 400 for one of mine. The other was in a set for around 100 or 150 with an amp. It was a starter set that was not much more then the cost of this game. Well atleast not much more then when it first came out. I was seeing this thing for almost 100 bucks on the 360 when it first came to it. Again though I just dont get it but I'm not saying the game isn't fun seeing how I have never played it. I would rather play a real guitar and think the time playing this game could be better used in learning to play the guitar. This is just what I think. Chances are high that I will pick this game up if it ever gets to 40 bucks. I might at 50 if I have nothing else to play.[/quote]
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070509

^^^ That comic pretty much summarizes my thoughts on the subject.

why play madden when i can play real football?

oh yeah. because im not a professional football player, and im not a rock star.

ease up guys... just some unelightened people

to sendme and mitch... just stroll over to your bestbuy or fry's or something... they might have a demo out there so you can give it a try. give it a test ride, and hopefully you'll see how simple yet addicting it is

By this argument, why waste your time/money playing video games at all when you could be spending it practicing real guitar? I think people (those who play guitar and those who don't) enjoy this because it's a fun, excellently designed game and the controller is a nice diversion from the more standard FPS/platformer fare.

You're of course under no obligation, of course, but I don't know many people who have actually tried the game (musicians or not) who have not enjoyed themselves.

[quote name='sendme']Like I said for me I just don't get it. I would rather play a real guitar. I don't think I have ever said the game is not fun. Hell I never played the damn game. I don't think its worth the price it is after how long it has been out. Like I said I wouldnt pay more then 50 for it really wouldn't want to pay more then 40. I'm not trying to stop people from geting it. It's just I don't get why play it when you could learn to play the guitar.[/quote]

I always thought it looked pretty stupid as well, until I played it at a friend's house. If someone such as myself that has no knowledge of popular culture in the past 10 years can pick up this game and love it...it's not all the music, it's just a fun concept. You don't have to 'Rock Out'. GHIII has a good mix of music as well, hell, a Charlie Daniels song is on there!

bread's done
Back