Team Fortress 2 Clan! Practice Schedule inside! Accepting Donations for a Server!

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
New Info:

We deicided that because of an increasing number of applications that we are starting a new application process.

To join the clan, post your info in this thread and then please play with one of the Clans Officers(Darthbudge, Captain Planet, CrystalKlear64, SOSTrooper) if they are happy with you then they will send you an invite to the steam group.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

MEETING TIME INFO AND SERVER INFO!

Last night there was a meeting to determine what time we practice and where we practice.
It has been decided that we will practice every night for now on this Schedule.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:30PM CST.
Tuesday, Thursday: 9PM CST
On Weekends, just find other clan members and practice whenever you can.

On The server front, we have decided that we really need a dedicated server to practice on. I have decided that if we are to get a sever it would include this:
20 man server from gameservers.com in Dallas, Texas.
That also includes a free website.

Now for that above would be 20 dollars a month, which means 10 people would only have to donate 2 bucks. Because of this, I have setup a payapl account to take donations. If you wish to donate money, please send whatever you wish to donate to: [email protected]

Remember, if you don't have the money this month you don't have to donate but if next month can donate double, go ahead and do so any extra funds will be used for upgrades or so that others don't have to donate as much that month.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

So we had our first real practice last night and it went pretty well. But remember people, me or Captain planet or CK needs to see you play before we will add you to the official team. So please try and be on sometime tonight or any other night so we can see how good you are.

EVERYBODY READ THIS NEWEST INFO NOW!

Alright we are in the OGL 6v6 Ladder. Here is the current roster:

Darthbudge
CaptainPlanet
CrystalKlear64
Wizard341
Boomrocker

There are more people on the team but until I see you play I don't want to put anyone on the roster.

Also I have been kicking around the Idea of getting a game Server and voice server. I looked at it and at it's cheapest price for a good server it would be 29 dollars a month.

That would include a 24 Man Private server, a 25 Man Ventrillo server and a website. That means if 6 people donate per month they would only need to donate 5 dollars to get the server. If 10 people donated we would only need to donate 3 dollars per month. Finally if all 13 people donated be would only need to pay 2.2 dollars per month. Also this would be a server any CAG could use for playing TF2 on.

That was just an idea but if you would be interested in that let me know.

Also I am createing a Steam Group Just for this Clan. The Steam group is: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cagsyndicate

Finally, I need Team Name suggestions. Currently the team name is Red Shift, which is my choice but anyone that has better ideas let me know.

NEWER INFO:

Sorry about missing the wednesday practice everyone, life caught up with me and I totally forgot about it.

The New Practice is scheduled for Saturday 10/13 at 7PM CT. Jiggles, A CAG has offered that we can use a Dedicated NeoGAF server for our practices and he is an Admin there so he can help us with that. I will get the Server IP and all that info updated later today.

Also if you have signed up for the clan, please edit your profile and but your SteamID in your profile on OGL.

NEW INFO:

I have set up a CAG Clan on OGL. Currently I have only set up one team in that Clan as a place holder. Depending on how many people we get I will make more teams. I have joined both the 6v6 and the 8v8 tournaments but we can drop out of one later if we want to.

This is our Clan sign up link. The Password is "CheapyD". Please DO NOT join any teams without asking me. I will be managing the teams and will want people in certain places.

Also we need 9 people on our Team before 7 days have passed if we want to get in on the ladder. So please JOIN NOW!

FIRST PRACTICE:

Our First Practice will be on Wed Oct 10th at 7PM CT. All of the server details will come shortly. You don't have to show up exactly at 7PM CT however I will be on from 7PM to 9PM to have try outs to see who will be on which teams. Because I will be leaving early that night, I will try and arrange to have someone else there to manage the try outs. If you do not show up then, you will not be ranked and might miss out on being in the first Ladder. So please try to show up if possible.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I am starting up a TF2 CAG Clan so that way we can all play togther and have tournaments and stuff like that.

So the first order of buisness is to please vote on which time we will get togther and play. Secondly if you are interested in being in the clan, please post your Steam ID, your in game name, wether you are serious or casual and if you have a microphone.

EXAMPLE: Darthschnitzel | Darthbudge(Or Time 1ord) | Serious | No Mic at the moment.

Remember though that wether you post serious or casual, it doesn't depend on your skill. What I am looking for is too se wether or not you are gonna wanna play every week and be in tournaments and try to get better at the game. Casual is for people who might show up and only occasionally play the game and are more or less just looking for fun.

If you have any questions or comments please post them here and I will get back to you on them.

MEMBER LIST:
Darthschnitzel | Darthbudge | Serious | No Mic at the moment.
crystalklear64 | Crysto | Casual | Have Mic but rarely use
super_nerd | poo | serious | have mic
SOSTrooper | SOSTrooper | casual | have mic.
philipmein - Phlip - Casual - No mic yet, but I'm working on it.
wizard341 | wizard341 | serious | have mic
Scorch | CAGScorch | either/or | No mic, I type fast enough with my hands.
hero101\hero101\Casual\No Mic
BoomRocker
AaronMacDonald| Lazy | Casual | No Mic
michaema |Michaema |Casual|yes mic
masterchief2528 | Captain_Planet! | serious | have mic.
doraemonkerpal | Easy Target | casual | No mic
squirrel00x | squirrel | medium-serious | have microphone
JkFrost125 | JkFrost125 | Serious | I have a mic

*EDIT*: This List has become outdated, please refer to our Steam Group to see a list of members.

Alright well those are just Rough Times, Also I am think with we get more then 15 people that we will have two times we play, One Earlier and one at a later time. That way everyone can play. For me though usually earlier is better.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']What league are you planning on joining? I'm going to play for [RiCE] for OGL 6v6, so if CAG is joining that ladder as well, then I can't play for CAG. Otherwise, I'm interested in it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sostrooper

SOSTrooper | SOSTrooper | casual | have mic.[/quote]
Hmm I am still looking at that, OGL was one of my choices though. I will update this later.

Also does anyone know good leagues to play in? If so please suggest them here.

EDIT: Unless CAL opens up TF2 ladders soon, I think we will do OGL. Do you guys wanna play 6v6 or 8v8?

Been playing all morning. Early morning and late night is when I actually get decent ping, so its fun to actually be able to use a sniper. Sniper and Medic are the current favs.

So should we join the clan and just not a team in the clan, or just wait and not join anything?

Is there a way to view your game stats/achievements outside of the game?

[quote name='crystalklear64']Been playing all morning. Early morning and late night is when I actually get decent ping, so its fun to actually be able to use a sniper. Sniper and Medic are the current favs.

So should we join the clan and just not a team in the clan, or just wait and not join anything?

Is there a way to view your game stats/achievements outside of the game?[/quote]

Early Morning and from 5PM to 9PM are best for me.

Yes join the clan, I will put you in a team.

I don't know if you can look at stats outside of the game.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']I'd love to play, unfortunately I work in the evenings :([/quote]

Even on Weekends? Oh Well don't feel bad man, I play alot during the day. Maybe we can play sometime.

I'm in, but I won't be able to get it until it actually releases.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CAGScorch

I can't freakin wait. I've been playing TFC for 7 or 8 years.. It'll throw me off having no conc grenades or anything.. this is going to rock

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']What is our tag goign to be? Just [CAG]?[/quote]

Yes that is what it is gonna be.

Remember people if you haven't already because join our clan on OGL with the link in the OP.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']What league are you planning on joining? I'm going to play for [RiCE] for OGL 6v6, so if CAG is joining that ladder as well, then I can't play for CAG. Otherwise, I'm interested in it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sostrooper

SOSTrooper | SOSTrooper | casual | have mic.[/quote]

60.5 hours played in the past 2 weeks, 6601 points accumulated and you are a CASUAL player? :p

You are the most hardcore casual I have ever met.

2 days to go. I'm excited :) I looked at the clan site thing, but I didn't see where to sign up for an account to login. Is it just the forum account?

[quote name='Scorch']I'm in, but I won't be able to get it until it actually releases.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CAGScorch

I can't freakin wait. I've been playing TFC for 7 or 8 years.. It'll throw me off having no conc grenades or anything.. this is going to rock[/QUOTE]

Dude... were you mH.Scorcher-VD? I was [RiCE]SOSTrooper-VD.

You know Doc?

[quote name='crystalklear64']2 days to go. I'm excited :) I looked at the clan site thing, but I didn't see where to sign up for an account to login. Is it just the forum account?[/quote]

On the left hand side it says "New Members" move your cursor over that and then hit register and you should be able to figure it out from there.

Also everybody what is your best Classes? For me it is the 3 S's: Scout, Sniper, Spy.

[quote name='munch']Is the Orange Box going to be in stores today or tomorrow?[/quote]

It will be in stores tommorow, but if you order on GS's website with overnight you will be getting it today. Unfortunately for those like me who get it early, I still can't play it until tommorow. Oh how I hate Steam.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I'll be staying up till midnight to give the official release a play :)[/quote]

I would, but they unlock at 12:00 PST. thats 2 AM here! I have to go to work the next day. Why didn't I just take that day off... or why couldn't I have been sick this week rather than last week. Oh well, I'll probably take off early tomorrow anyway. :D

It's a pain that there aren't more TF2 players with mics. And I bet we'll be running into even less of them once the game releases.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']I would, but they unlock at 12:00 PST. thats 2 AM here! I have to go to work the next day. Why didn't I just take that day off... or why couldn't I have been sick this week rather than last week. Oh well, I'll probably take off early tomorrow anyway. :D

It's a pain that there aren't more TF2 players with mics. And I bet we'll be running into even less of them once the game releases.[/QUOTE]
Yea, actually I've been using my mic a lot for team fortress. Really useful for warning about spies. Its the, "Ok guys, lets push rawr rawr rawr" stuff that I've never found to be useful, but I like that using my mic has a purpose now :)

I need to get my mic setup to tell my teammates that I'll be heading back for cover as soon as the uber runs out. I feel like a jerk when I leave a guy to die because he thinks the uber works even after it stops.

Also, charging up an uber. I was a Soldier and I saw a Medic/Heavy just standing there sloooollyy charging up an uber and I started rocket jumping to help speed it up and the guy just kept healing the Heavy...

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Dude... were you mH.Scorcher-VD? I was [RiCE]SOSTrooper-VD.

You know Doc?[/quote]
no, and no. though your name looks familiar. Did you ever play on a server called GP2?

Can't make it to a 7pm thing (what a horrible time). Have work. Did pick this up on PC though. and 360. w00t

[quote name='Scorch']no, and no. though your name looks familiar. Did you ever play on a server called GP2?
[/QUOTE]

I haven't played TFC for 5 years, so I don't recall any server I played on.

OP: Do we know our practice server's IP & password yet? Maybe you should invite all of us to a private Steam community group.

Aight, well I know spectre was playing, and me and SOS dominated some random server, but its not looking too good for a clan to miss their own first practice : /

I'd love some people to play with on a regular basis. I am fairly new to Steam, and completely new to the OGL stuff.

I think the following information is correct, but I'm not sure:

SteamID: AaronMacDonald
In game name: Lazy
Casual, due to time constraints
Have mic.

So far, all I've really tried is Medic.

I haven't been able to get into it because of computer issues. Reinstalling Windows later today.

Hey sorry guys, I couldn't make on Last Night. I had a whole bunch of stuff to deal with. So I am really sorry about that. I will adding all the new players and setting up stuff like that. This is my first time on the comp since Wednesday morning so it will take a little bit for me to get things back in order.

bread's done
Back