Tomb Raider: Anniversary (360) pre-order - $29.99 at Game Crazy

awp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Not sure if this is a pricing error, but the going retail price is $39.99 at EB, etc.

So if you're gonna get it, you might as well save $10 if you have a GameCrazy nearby. Let's hope they don't jack it up before they ship on Oct. 23.

Amazon's had them as follows for a long while:

360 = $29.99.

The Wii = $39.99

However a quick glance at TRU.com shows $40 for the 360 as well. Odd.

So, is TR:A an entirely new release, or does it include Legend, too? I never understood how they were releasing this.

[quote name='elwood731']So, is TR:A an entirely new release, or does it include Legend, too? I never understood how they were releasing this.[/QUOTE]

It's a standalone release. If you download the episodic content coming out (which should have been last month...), you need Legend as well. Otherwise, you wait for the retail and buy the disc and enjoy it by itself.

[quote name='nnthomas']It's a standalone release. If you download the episodic content coming out (which should have been last month...), you need Legend as well. Otherwise, you wait for the retail and buy the disc and enjoy it by itself.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Like I said, I never quite understood how they were handling this release.

[quote name='freshzen']I hope this game gets a better port than Legend.[/quote]
What was wrong with TR:L on the 360? It ran fine and looked great.
And also, this isn't going to look as good as the 360 TR:L. It doesn't have the next gen graphics overhaul that TRL had on the PC and 360. Instead, it just has updated textures, so it should look a lot like the PC version of TRA does.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']What was wrong with TR:L on the 360? It ran fine and looked great.
[/QUOTE] I had no problem with the game either on the 360. It was the first enjoyable Tomb Raider in a long time.

I'm playing TR:A on the PC right now and while it doesn't have the "next-gen graphics" option, it's really not needed. All next-gen did was crush the frame rate and eliminate the "damp Lara" effect that non-NG provided. The 360 version looked fine to me.

I'm getting 50-110 fps in TR:A at 1920x1200 w/16X AA (Athlon 3800 X2, 320MB 8800GTS) and had to turn on v-sync to stop the tearing. Runs like buttah. I'm using a wired 360 gamepad which gives much better camera control and the load times are crazy fast - like 3 seconds!

Edit: The textures in TR:A are quite nice, as are the lighting effects. It looks fine.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']What was wrong with TR:L on the 360? It ran fine and looked great.
And also, this isn't going to look as good as the 360 TR:L. It doesn't have the next gen graphics overhaul that TRL had on the PC and 360. Instead, it just has updated textures, so it should look a lot like the PC version of TRA does.[/QUOTE]

I thought it looked weird, kinda like the cut scenes in Gears--they didn't run that smooth. The gameplay ran pretty smooth, but the graphics seemed a little thrown together. It definitely didn't seem like a 360 game from the ground up.

And also, this isn't going to look as good as the 360 TR:L. It doesn't have the next gen graphics overhaul that TRL had on the PC and 360. Instead, it just has updated textures, so it should look a lot like the PC version of TRA does.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I LOVE Tomb Raider: Legend, and have been really looking forward to playing this.

Remember too that this is already out (since launch!) on Gametap for the astounding high price ( ;) ) of $5/month.

I bought it for the Playstation 2 back during the B2G1F sale, but I wonder if I want to return that and preorder the 360 version from Amazon? I was planning on making the PS3 my main system eventually, but I'm not so sure about that now that Sony has apparently given up on backwards compatibility.

I don't care if a game supposedly takes enough advantage of a system or not. TR:L looked fantastic on the 360 (where I played it) and was a great game, so that's all I care about. The "Next Generation Content" wasn't really all that important IMO. You could flick it on and off in the PC version, and it wasn't that huge a deal. Actually some of the graphics were better with it off (a few texture effects they did were missing from the NGC 360/PC version).

[quote name='elwood731']Thanks. Like I said, I never quite understood how they were handling this release.[/QUOTE]

Eidos has been beyond vague. At first, it was downloadable content. Then there was a special edition of Legends that had the content included arriving in the Fall. Now its a stand alone disc.

Either way, I've got my pre-order in.

I always thought it was going to be downloadable content, then a full release later on?

I guess the 360's download store is now set up so you can play it on any offline console by moving your profile around (?), so IMO that's acceptable to actually start buying stuff from it. But...at the same time it'll probably cost more to buy the game in pieces, will eat up a TON of storage space even on the 120GB drive, etc., so I'd rather just have the real release.

bread's done
Back