VOTE FOR NADER!!!

I hope u realize that u are doing the same thing as votin for Bush when u vote for Nader. And lets hope u dont live in PA, cause he was booted from the ballot cause 2/3rds of his names were bogus ala Mickey Mouse. Plus they payed homeless to sign petitions in Philly, they got paid by the signature, grass roots my ass

The republicans were the major donors to Nader's campaign. So what does that tell ya?

Why would you vote for someone who runs on a platform of integrity, who's explicitly sold out before collecting even a single vote? Nader's only on most state's ballots because he took Republican money, and signatures collected by Republican operatives. He doesn't even have the backing of a *party* in this election, so voting for him isn't even going to have political benefit in bolstering a legitimate third party.

I can understand why people would have voted for Nader in 2000. But voting for Nader in 2004 is just *insane*.

seppo

[quote name='guardian_owl']I hope you don't live in a swing state[/quote]

So democracy is bad when it effects you huh?

crspyjohn- dont bother with nader.....he is a nusince to this election. He lives to ruin the election for democrats. Why do you think republicans have been pushing to get him on the ballot?

[quote name='crspyjohn']Who here is voting for nader? I am[/quote]

Good for you. And don't listen to those fools that tell you that you're throwing your vote away or it's a vote for Bush, yadda yadda yadda. You're voting for another choice down the road, viable candidates from outside the two major (majorly corrupt) parties. Don't choose the lesser of two evils; vote your conscience.

I would say that I consider Nader to be a poor candidate, though...although not really any poorer than Kerry or Bush.

the entire point of voting for nader is to intimidate the other two candidates saying, "If your party doesnt shape up, im voting for that guy" Right now its not making much of a difference, but let's say a couple elections later the green party raises to 20%, both parties will reilize these are easy vote and possibly change their views

Its funny. There is this crazy fat guy who rides the bus with me every morning Monday to Friday.

He's crazy because he continually talks out loud to himself. Everyone in the bus knows him by now and they all just ignore him.

I remember that hes definately a pro-Nader person. Hes always bashing Bush and Kerry. Some of the converstations he's had are very spirited.

The thing is, Nader is a really really poor candidate. BTW, he's not even running under the Green party, he's running as an independant.

People are always saying that "we need a third party, or multiple parties". Ideally, yes, we need more choices. But find me some competant parties who have their shit somewhat together. Vote however you want, but it seems like you're just trying to be different rather than looking at his political views and policies.

[quote name='evilmax17']People are always saying that "we need a third party, or multiple parties". Ideally, yes, we need more choices. But find me some competant parties who have their shit somewhat together. Vote however you want, but it seems like you're just trying to be different rather than looking at his political views and policies.[/quote]

If you are a true hardcore anti-war person, Nader is the real deal and the person you should vote for. He has been 100% anti-war from the get go and wants to pull out of Iraq ASAP.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']the entire point of voting for nader is to intimidate the other two candidates saying, "If your party doesnt shape up, im voting for that guy" Right now its not making much of a difference, but let's say a couple elections later the green party raises to 20%, both parties will reilize these are easy vote and possibly change their views[/quote]

I agree 100%, but this election is just too close to start change.

I would have voted for Nader had he been on the ballot. Kerry had no chance of winning NC, so it would not have mattered.

Also Nader has done more in his life than either candiate and I have much more respect for him than any of the other candiates running

[quote name='Ruined']go nader! :)

seriously whether its nader or someone else we need a 3rd party[/quote]

Uhhh... I would have to respectfully disagree.

Here's a quote he says in an
online debate:

"When I first arrived in Washington, DC, one of my first meals was a hot dog. After I discovered what were in hot dogs I never ate another one...."

I'm not bothered by his eating habbits or what have you... but you're voting for someone to run our country that didn't know what was in a hotdog.

Does anyone even know of any of Nader's platforms on anything? The economy? The war in Iraq? Health care? Abortion? Terrorism? I wonder if any of those voting for him even knew anything about him without having to look it up.

[quote name='SS4Brolly'][quote name='AlbinoNinja']the entire point of voting for nader is to intimidate the other two candidates saying, "If your party doesnt shape up, im voting for that guy" Right now its not making much of a difference, but let's say a couple elections later the green party raises to 20%, both parties will reilize these are easy vote and possibly change their views[/quote]

I agree 100%, but this election is just too close to start change.[/quote]

Who's just starting? Anyway, I believe it's stupid to support someone you think would do a bad job.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Nader switches parties almost every election and has not done anything useful in about 2 decades.[/quote]

Really, I thought he'd been in the Green Party until now...

As for voting Nader, I wouldn't do it this election because he isn't party of the Green Party. In 2000 I understood that he was trying to get his 5% of the votes to get funding for the party. What's the point this year?

bread's done
Back