CAG Foreplay #20: Apple Aardvark Awesomeness... Always (10/17/07)

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
CAG's shipwreck & mrs. shipwreck preview the new releases for the week of October 16th, 2007. This week we preview games primarily suited for the young or young at heart. Pull up a carpet square and let's get this story time started.

Don't forget to enter the contest for the PSP version of NBA 08 which was graciously provided by Hired.Geek. You can enter the contest by clicking here.

You can now subscribe to Foreplay on iTunes by clicking this link: CAG Foreplay on iTunes

You can also contact us with any questions or comments at [email protected] or [email protected].

CAG Foreplay Podcast show notes will be up later today. (Who am I kidding?)

Special thanks to www.GoDaddy.com for providing CAG Foreplay listeners with a code for 10% any order. Just enter code "CAG" when you check out to get your savings.

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/foreplay/cagforeplay20.mp3[/media] [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAG_Foreplay[/digg]

Avatar: The Burning Earth Dev. THQ Pub. THQ Systems: GBA, DS, PS2, Wii, 360 MSRP: $19.99-$49.99
The sequel to last year's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" features the return of Aang and friends as they work their way through the second season of the American made anime (properly known as a "sparkling white cartoon"?). This is your pretty standard third-person adventure fare, but they've included a multiplayer battle mode this time around as well. - ship

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering the Wii and Xbox 360 versions of Avatar: The Burning Earth for $44 shipped.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $46.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Deep Discount $43.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Amazon $27.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $37.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $46.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Deep Discount $43.99 (Free shipping)
:gba: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:gba: Purchase At Deep Discount $18.99 (Free shipping)

Backyard Football 2008 Dev. Humongous Entertainment Pub. Atari Systems: DS MSRP: $39.99
(Deja Preview) This children's football game holds the licenses for the NFL, so your kids' can actually play as their favorite stars. It has several levels, so your tween and your kindergartner can play and have fun. For $30, it seems a little pricey, but these titles are solid as far as kids' games go and are probably worth it. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering Backyard Football 2008 for $34 shipped.

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Deep Discount $33.99 (Free shipping)

The Bee Game Dev. Midway Pub. Midway Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
Not to be confused with "The Bee Movie Game", wait... actually, probably to be confused with "The Bee Movie Game", "The Bee Game" is based off an early 20th century novel named "Maya the Bee". That book was then turned into an anime that ran for awhile on Nick Jr. and is now resurrected into a mini-game laden adventure that promises to confuse grandparents this holiday season. Sorry kids. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't appear to be any specific deals for The Bee Game.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $19.95 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $18.99 (Free shipping)

Beautiful Katamari Dev. Namco Bandai Pub. Namco Bandai Systems: 360 MSRP: $39.99
The King of all Cosmos invites you to roll another one up and experience the technicolored euphoria in all its next gen glory. Okay, so it pretty much looks exactly like the previous games, but what were you expecting? There are still plenty of erasers, oddly symmetrically rows of cats, and spinning sumo wrestlers to pile up and the graphics are crisp and running at a more stable framerate; plus the addition of online multiplayer could extend what has traditionally been a very short and sweet ball-handling adventure. - ship

Best Deal:
Fry's is offering Beautiful Katamari for $35 shipped.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Fry's $34.99 (see fidodido's Fry's ad)

Crash of the Titans Dev. Radical Entertainment Pub. Sierra Systems: PSP MSRP: $39.99
This Crash Bandicoot game is out for many a system, and is your typical Crash platformer. It's fun, has good graphics and solid game play. Crash is more personable and has new moves that are more cartoon-like. Try out the demo on XBL, as the game is the same regardless of your choice of platform. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Crash of the Titans.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey Dev. Papaya Studio Pub. Disney Interactive Studios Systems: PS2 MSRP: $29.99
This game is pretty similar to Magical Jewels, but instead of being the princesses, the gamer interacts with them in their individual Disney worlds. There's a two player mode that's geared towards letting little girls play with their gamer moms. Thank goodness we don't have kids yet. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Family Video $27.64 (99 cent shipping)

Disney Princess: Magical Jewels Dev. Papaya Studio Pub. Disney Interactive Studios Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Is it bad that the name Magical Jewels makes me giggle a little? This DS title stars the Disney Princesses as they travel through well-known Disney settings in order to find the magical jewels. Largely a point-and-click, this game is geared towards young girls but the game play is entertaining for various ages and skill levels. It's $29.99 and offers multiplayer. If you're an eight year-old girl, you've hit the jackpot this week. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Disney Princess: Magical Jewels.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $29.99 (Free shipping)
:ds: Purchase At Family Video $27.64 (99 cent shipping)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Dev. Bethesda Pub. 2K Games Systems: PS3 MSRP: $59.99
(Deja Preview) Now here's a game I can get into previewing! I've been jonesing for some Oblivion lately (I still have a few more hours to go on the Shivering Isles missions). This is one of the best Western real-time RPG games ever. The graphics are awesome, the environment is HUGE and highly interactive. The menu system is great, with easy character upgrades and items menu. But the best thing of all is the plethora of side-quests, caves, dungeons, guilds, and ways to steal stuff. I think I've put more hours into playing Oblivion than I did into planning Ship and I's wedding. I know I'm an Oblivion fan-girl, but chances are many of you are too. So, if you want all the add-on packs (Nights of the Nine and Shivering Isles) in disc form for your 360 or you never had the chance to play them on your PS3, this game is for you! And for only $60, it's cheaper to buy them together than it was to buy the pieces. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition.

:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Deep Discount $58.99 (Free shipping)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Shivering Isles Dev. Bethesda Pub. 2K Games Systems: 360 MSRP: $29.99
(Deja Preview) The largest expansion pack finally makes it to physical media in stand-alone form. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Oblivion - Shivering Isles.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $28.99 (Free shipping)

Fish Tycoon Dev. Aquaria Interactive Pub. Majesco Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
There just aren't enough fish-breeding simulators out there. Enough said. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Fish Tycoon.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $19.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)

Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day Dev. Namco Bandai Pub. Nintendo Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
Now instead of just training your brain, you can train your eyes too. There's even an age check that gives you the age of your eyes. Many of the mini-games aren't so much exercising your eyes as they are annoying memorization, so my suggestion is to save your $19.99. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Flash Focus.

Fullmetal Alchemist Trading Card Game Dev. Megellan Interactive Pub. Desinteer Systems: DS MSRP: $19.99
The video game based upon the trading card game based upon the anime might finally make it to store shelves this week after months on the upcoming releases list. Fans of this stuff know who they are. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Fullmetal Alchemist Trading Card Game.

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Dev. Arc System Works Pub. Aksys Games Systems: Wii MSRP: $39.99
(Deja Preview)Vampires, scantily clad nuns boys named Bridget that look like nuns with yo-yos, and guitar-playing stripper witches are back in the umpteenth edition of the over-the-top 2D fighting game. A couple of new fighting mechanics have been added along with two characters that have never been seen on U.S. shores. How they'll stack up to the paper-bag-head-guy and the pirate girl that shoots dolphins at you is unknown. - ship

The Wii version supports both Wii-fried controls and classic style controls. - ship

Best Deal:
Family Video is offering Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core for around $38 shipped.

:wii: Purchase At Family Video $37.25 (99 cent shipping)

Hannah Montana: Music Jam Dev. Gorilla Games Pub. Disney Interactive Studios Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
If you're looking to complete the trifecta this week, buy this third game being released by Disney that targets young girls. Nothing's hotter right now than Hannah Montana, and this game offers the usual fare: music games, fashion design, and lots of trademarked Disney goodness. For $29.99, you're daughter will love it. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Hannah Montana: Music Jam.

Honda SBk-07 Superbike Dev. Milestone Pub. Systems: PS2 MSRP: $19.99
The official game of the Superbike World Championship that features a lot of people that I don't know racing in a league that I didn't know existed. - ship

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering Honda SBk-07 Superbike for $14 shipped.

:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $14.99 (Free shipping on orders over $25)
:ps2: Purchase At Deep Discount $13.99 (Free shipping)

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night Dev. Krome Studios Pub. Sierra Systems: Wii MSRP: $49.99
Spyro returns in the direct sequel to "A New Beginning" and it looks to be the same Spyro that has taught us the meaning of apathy through the years. The big feature added for this iteration is "Dragon Time". With this feature, Spyro has finally conformed to the by-laws and standards set in place during the early 00's that made it mandatory for every game to incorporate "bullet time". Oh, and Elijah Wood is back to voice the purple dragon that (unfortunately) never says die. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.

:wii: Purchase At Amazon $47.99 (Free shipping)

Power Rangers: Super Legends Dev. Artificial Mind and Movement Pub. Disney Interactive Studios Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
I just missed the target demographic for Power Rangers by a year or two when I was growing up. If I hadn't, a part of me might want this game that brings together 15 years worth of characters to battle against impossibly realistic-looking aliens. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Power Rangers: Super Legends.

Prism: Light the Way Dev. Gamesause Pub. Eidos Interactive Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
Glowbos. Oog. Galactic matter. Big Bad Bhobail. Seriously, all stuff in this new puzzle adventure game. The game play is based on splitting light to create patterns. More specifically, manipulate a beam of light to bounce off of prisms and split into its different colors of light. It sounds fun, and the puzzles are getting great reviews. The animation style and sound track are a bit annoying, but this DS title offers single-cart multiplayer with both a competitive mode and a co-op mode. For $29.99, it could be a good buy. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Prism: Light the Way.

:ds: Purchase At Deep Discount $28.99 (Free shipping)

Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis Dev. Rockstar San Diego Pub. Rockstar Games Systems: Wii MSRP: $39.99
The Xbox 360 hit from days of lore gets a control scheme modification and releases for the Wii this week. Sure the graphics have been toned down and there's no online play, but the core game should still be fun if you can get used to a control scheme that seems to be overly complicated and not as precise. If they didn't tone down Jesper's difficulty, I can see a lot of Wiimotes being hurled to an early demise. - ship

Best Deal:
Deep Discount is offering Table Tennis for $34 shipped.

:wii: Purchase At Deep Discount $33.99 (Free shipping)

Spider-Man 3 Dev. Vicarious Visions Pub. Activision Systems: PSP MSRP: $39.99
(Deja Preview) Unlike most movie tie-ins, the Spider-Man games have actually been decent and offered up a few hours of fun. Something about this one has me worried though. Maybe it's the lack of previews/reviews, maybe it's the upwards of $70 price tag for a game we all know might be adequate but not great, or maybe it's that I'm just not as stoked about the movie this time around. As a huge Spidey fan, something just seems off. Regardless, I'm sure most of us will end up playing one version or another of this game and it will dominate the sales charts. Whether you choose to sling webs with the Wii-mote, opt for the extra content in the Sony exclusive Collector's Editions, or manage by with one of the standard versions, it's Spider-Man - you're going to play it. - ship

So that's what I wrote back in May. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Spider-Man 3.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:psp: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)

SWAT: Target Liberty Dev. 3G Studios Pub. Sierra Entertainment Systems: PSP MSRP: $39.99
SWAT: Target Liberty is an third-person squad based tactical game that is played from a three-quarters overhead view. You control a squad of three officers as they infiltrate warehouse environments to rescue hostages and arrest terrorists. There is a big emphasis on shooting the bad guys with bean bags or tazers and then going in to make the arrest. As far as PSP action games go, this one looks as though it was designed with the PSP in mind and that could go a long way. - ship

Best Deal:
Amazon is offering SWAT: Target Liberty for $38 shipped.

:psp: Purchase At Amazon $37.99 (Free shipping)

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Dev. Neversoft Pub. Activision Systems: DS, PS2, Wii, 360, PS3 MSRP: $29.99-$59.99
The Hawk-man might be growing a little long in the tooth, but I still find the core game mechanics of this series fun. Unfortunately, the non-core "Nail the Trick" controls have returned and brought along "Nail the Grab" and "Nail the Manual" (is there anything Tony's not willing to nail?). They've tried to mix up the story mode by offering three different paths (career, hardcore, and rigger), but it still boils down to putting together ridiculous combos in overly-friendly skating environments. What can I say, it's a guilty pleasure for me. - ship

Best Deal:
Circuit City is offering a free copy of Tony Hawk's Project 8 for the Xbox 360 when you purchase the Xbox 360 version of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground.

:360: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:360: Purchase At Family Video $57.68 (99 cent shipping)
:360: Purchase At Circuit City $59.99 (Free Tony Hawk Project 8)
:ds: Purchase At Amazon $28.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Amazon $39.99 (Free shipping)
:ps2: Purchase At Deep Discount $38.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Amazon $59.99 (Free shipping)
:ps3: Purchase At Family Video $57.68 (99 cent shipping)
:wii: Purchase At Amazon $49.99 (Free shipping)

Victorious Boxers: Revolution Dev. Grand Prix/Cavia Pub. Xseed Systems: Wii MSRP: $39.99
If you are not familiar with the series, Victorious Boxers is based off a manga/anime known as "Fighting Spirit", and the game brings that art style to the ring. The previous two games were on the PS2 and have a loyal fan base and the Wii version offers both Wii Sports boxing-esque controls (remember how well those work) and, thankfully, the ability to use a classic or GameCube controller to get the job done right. - ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Victorious Boxers: Revolution.

Wild Petz: Dolphinz Dev. Pub. Ubi Soft Systems: DS MSRP: $29.99
The pressure of making these pet sim reviews more jaded and sarcastic every week ('cause that's how often a new game comes out) is draining my previewing superpowers. And I ask myself, how could I not see this one coming? Dolphins are the animal of choice for 99% of all girls between the ages of 5 and 12. So let's just cut to the chase: expect Unicornz and Bunniez to be out soon enough. - mrs. ship

Best Deal:
There don't seem to be any specific deals for Wild Petz: Dolphinz.

:ds: Purchase At Amazon $28.99 (Free shipping)

On The DL with the Shipwrecks

Gate of Thunder Systems: Wii MSRP: $8
The first TurboGrafx CD game shmups onto the Virtual Console. Apparently, this is a pretty good example of horizontal scrolling and shooting, so add it to your virtual stack of shooters that you've been meaning to play. - ship

Metal Marines Systems: Wii MSRP: $8
A futuristic strategy game for the Super Nintendo that involves lots of pointing and clicking... D-Pad style. Looks decent enough, if 16-bit strategy games get your juices flowing. - ship

Ninja Gaiden II Systems: Wii MSRP: $5
My friend Brent owned Ninja Gaiden II. I remember going over to his house after school and playing the ever-living crap out of this game. And listening to Def Leppard. And then watching Iron Eagle. - ship

Every Extend Extra Extreme Systems: 360 MSRP: $10
The PSP shooter/puzzle/rhythm game spasms it's way over to Xbox Live Arcade with 25% more E. I've yet to play this series, but bright colors and shooting always capture my attention. And that's even before you add in the online multiplayer and custom soundtrack support that integrates with the gameplay. - ship

Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe Systems: 360 MSRP: $10
A mix of European handball and... wait, why in the fuck do I know what European handball is? Well, anyway, Speedball 2 is an ultra-violent futuristic sports game (doesn't anyone play badminton in the future) that originally came out for the Amiga 500 and has been updated for XBLA with enhanced graphics and online multiplayer. - ship

Did we miss a good sale on a game? Did we miss previewing a game completely? Well, the only way that everyone can know a better deal is out there is to let us know about it. Post deals you've found or games that we missed in the thread so that CAGs can make sure they are getting the absolute best prices on new releases.

it is a pain that you have to solve all the traps again but nintendo is trying to make you take down the notes in the map.

i just put numbers on the map in the order that i need to go to inorder to get to the next fl, saves some time.

nice show and definitely love the quieter bumpers.

The DOWN WITH THE SHIPS worked. Really well. Nice, quick, short. But still, I didn't like the intro one. Sorry. ):

EDIT: 'Ninja Gaiden II Systems: Wii MSRP: $5
My friend Brent owned Ninja Gaiden II. I remember going over to his house after school and playing the ever-living crap out of this game. And listening to Def Leppard. And then watching Iron Eagle. - ship'

...Am I missing something here?

[quote name='kPod']The DOWN WITH THE SHIPS worked. Really well. Nice, quick, short. But still, I didn't like the intro one. Sorry. ):
[/QUOTE]

My goal is to please you, and I am halfway there.

;)

Seriously though, the show flowed really well this week. The audio sounded good, you could hear mrs. ship, the new bumpers I did seemed to fit a little better...

When the music from Portal came on I had a huge smile on my face.

In Defense of Sypro...

Ok, myabe I'm a bit biased, because in the Mid-1990's Toys R Us had a contest where you had two minutes to collect the most jewels in the orginal Spyro the Dragon. Timing was performed by an employee with a second-hand watch. Long story short, I won as few heard about the contest, and picked up my copy of the game about a week later.

The first three Spyro games were classics, made by Insomniac, the gameplay was lighthearted, collection heavy and fun. Later version added more mini games, and upped the graphical quality, and level size. For the money, Spyro had one of the best 3D engines on the PS1.

Then, Insomniac sold the title, and the games when to shit. Instead of having to collect 75% of a level's jewels to progress, now you needed 100%, which made finding that last jewel a royal pain in the ass. The last game added combat; enemies no longer died with a single hit, now they had life bars. Not fun.

Still, let's remeber Spyro in his glory Insomniac-created days, before the bastardization. Little purpe dragon, one day you will return.

I totally get the big AC issue you guys are having. I get my AC turned off for the heat for the few weeks that it's slightly cold out (gets down to the 30's at night at most), but the AC isn't turned back on until the spring when it get 100 frickin' degrees outside for a month or more. I'm still able to use the AC when it's been turned off, but it's basically slightly cool air that I get, which is better than nothing.

Also, Mercury Meltdown Revolution should be out this week.

I believe Spider-Man 3 comes out on DVD on October 30th. The posters around my office constantly remind me. :)

[quote name='Shipwreck']Every Extend Extra Extreme Systems: 360 MSRP: $10
The PSP shooter/puzzle/rhythm game spasms it's way over to Xbox Live Arcade with 25% more E.[/quote]

Actually, that's 33% more E, not 25%.

The quieter bumps are definitely an improvement.

Wow, I might have to get that Bee Game for nostaligia only. Maya the Bee was like my favorite show as a kid, I still know the theme song.

"Maya cares and Maya shares, see her flying everywhere!
Maya! Maya the Bee!"

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Actually, that's 33% more E, not 25%.

The quieter bumps are definitely an improvement.[/QUOTE]

I'm an engineer damn it, not a mathematician! :)

And Mrs Shipwreck, nearly forgot to say; I watched a lot of the series up to Wild Force almost religiously. xD

I like to play my 360 while listening to podcasts by using Media Center, but hearing You two talk about about Beautiful Katamari while playing it was kind of surreal.

I hope you got rid of or at least turned down the bumpers in this epidsode. I listen to this in my car with a fairly decent subwooofer, and last episode nearly blew out my windows.

I think a level check would be good in the future - hopefully this episode took that into account. Downloading now ...

[quote name='RudyPants']I hope you got rid of or at least turned down the bumpers in this epidsode. I listen to this in my car with a fairly decent subwooofer, and last episode nearly blew out my windows.

I think a level check would be good in the future - hopefully this episode took that into account. Downloading now ...[/QUOTE]

Should be good to go this week.

Being a listener of the CAGCast, I had to give CAG Foreplay a shot. It took me a few episodes, but I have to say that I'm hooked. And the reason I'm hooked is because the banter and discussion between Mr. and Mrs. Shipwreck is exactly like the gaming banter and dynamic revolving around video games between me and my wife.

My wife supports my gaming hobby, and has her own DS and her own video games, but she doesn't enjoy them quite to the same extent that I do. She's fine with me playing games as long as the money for bills isn't going to games and as long as gaming doesn't get in the way of life's major priorities (e.g. our 6 month old baby, work, etc.).

I think that Mrs. Shipwreck should be commended for being so supportive of her husband's gaming habits even if they are excessive at times (new games every day or two, video games being played every time she walked through the door after 9 days in a row of work, etc.).

I know many a spouse who would not understand or tolerate the habits of a gaming enthusiast, so Mr. Shipwreck has found himself a good catch.

What I like the most about the show is that Mrs. Shipwreck can hold her own in a gaming discussion. It's not entirely a one-sided conversation dominated by the gaming enthusiast like some other podcasts I listen to, who have a female co-host more as "audio eye-candy" and less as a credible source of gaming information. But Mrs. Shipwreck gets in there tears it up and gives some really good comments!

Anyway, just wanted to throw some feedback your way. I'm enjoying the show, and I enjoy it because it reminds me of how my wife and I are when talking about video games. When Mrs. Shipwreck asks Mr. Shipwreck if he really needed to buy that $5 game simply because it was cheap, that's my wife with me at GameStop when I show her a cheap game that we don't have. I can see her point of it being another video game causing clutter and probably never being played, but I can also see Mr. Shipwreck's side -- it's only $5, and it MIGHT get played... one day... maybe... ;)

Keep up the good work guys!

Hey guys, the levels were much better this week for the promos.

I was wondering - did you guys ever finish "Drawn to Life"?

I can't remember whether it was Mr. or Mrs. Shipwreck playing it, but I wondered what you guys thought of it.

whatever happened to Randamn the Torpedoes or whatever it was called? Haven't heard you guys mention it in a few episodes. Have you canned the idea?

[quote name='royal']whatever happened to Randamn the Torpedoes or whatever it was called? Haven't heard you guys mention it in a few episodes. Have you canned the idea?[/QUOTE]

It's been renamed "Depth Charges" and it will be returning in future episodes. We're trying to keep the episodes around an hour or so, though, so with the amount of new releases that are coming out every week, it's been difficult to find enough time to work in a "Depth Charge". It's one of my favorite sections to talk about, so they'll definitely be back.

Mrs Shipwreck, you should really try Portal. The game does a great job of easing you into the brain challenging puzzles of later levels. The first handful of levels teach you all of the moves that you'll need (teach you, not just show you) so that when you get to the harder levels you know what you can do, you just need to find out how to use the moves and abilities to complete the challenge.

Listening now.

Guys, they've always been Cocoadiles ;).
I just went to my BK and they had just 2 (Sparrowmint and Elephanilla) after having just the bear and sheep last week. I figured it would be 2 new ones each week for 4 weeks - hopefully I haven't missed a set. I just wish they'd have them all at once. My kids want a set, of course, but I want a Fudgehog for my desk ;).

I hope you like Blue Dragon Ship. I just finished it last weekend. Now I'm working on my Katamari blisters. I have to say, it does not work as well on the 360 controller but I'm adjusting - even managed to score a few 100's when it seemed impossible at first. I also played a few online matches. It would be nice to get some 4-player CAG matches going - ought to be fun.

As for you guys not recommending Wii downloadable games (my comment last week or whenever) - that wasn't meant at all as a criticism. It was just an observation that hopefully Wii Ware may change that. I think the Dr Mario news came out right before you were going through the latest blah set of Wii VC games so I thought it was worth a mention. There are always great XBLA games coming out (Puzzle Quest just recently, for example). Personally, I haven't downloaded a Wii game in 6 months or so :lol:. I'm just not into the retro gaming stuff since it isn't, for the most part, a piece of my gaming history (what little gaming I did during the NES through N64 years was on the computer). I'm hoping the Wii Ware stuff will provide some great new content for us like XLBA.

i can't believe mrs. shipwreck said Phoenix Wright was boring! the story is really good and you HAVE to let the story develop. the gameplay gets better as the cases progress. you can't judge the game by the first case because it's a friggin tutorial level. the real story doesn't begin until after the first case. i think she needs to revisit the game...

Where did you get the katamari track from the end? Whoever played that definitely graduated from the Ben Folds shcool of piano pounding :)

Thanks for replying to my comment about Donkey Kong Barrell Blast for the Wii. It is really at least worth the rental if you like Mario Kart type games. At any rate thanks again.

Great show by the way, I really enjoy listening to the podcast, and I enjoy the bumpers. Keep up the good work

We'll be recording a show tonight, so hopefully it will be up late tonight/early Wednesday. It's been an extremely busy weekend.

[quote name='shipwreck'] We're trying to keep the episodes around an hour or so.[/quote]

Why? I bet more people than not enjoy longer shows, unless it's because you guys are too tired. I could understand that.

Okay, the new show is finally out there. It will probably take a few minutes for it to show up in iTunes. New written version coming very soon.

Must have been a rough week for you two. Thanks for keeping up with the show in these rough weeks!

bread's done
Back