Tomb Raider Anniversary X360 - $31.XX shipped @ Target.com

jrutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
It was announced Tomb Raider Anniversary will be coming out 23 Oct for $39.99. eTailers had listed it at $29.99 for months and have adjusted to the actual price accordingly - except for Target.com. It's still $29.99 there, so save $10 and get 10% off the order too!

From vinotinto @ FW:

Current Codes:
TGTLV223 - $10 off $75. Expires 10/22/07. Thanks wizze1.
TGTSTM92 - 10% off. Expires 11/10/07. Thanks vinotinto.

Other discount links:
- www.Target.com/ent2007 Expires 12/31/07. Thanks WENDIRN.

Note the code and link discounts are not stackable.

[quote name='jrutz'] eTailers had listed it at $29.99 for months and have adjusted to the actual price accordingly[/QUOTE]

still $29.99 at Amazon.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Amazon had it for $29.99 for weeks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FROM THE OP,3475976']eTailers had listed it at $29.99 for months and have adjusted to the actual price accordingly - except for Target.com[/quote]

I love CAG...

I couldn't get the TGTSTM92 - 10% off. Expires 11/10/07 to work (target.com). When I used it this message popped up:

"Important Message
This promotional code cannot be applied toward your purchase. Please check your offer for details."

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

[quote name='heybtbm']This game is $29.99 (new) everywhere.[/QUOTE]
Well, not everywhere.

Best Buy $39.99
Buy.com $39.99
EB Games/ Gamestop $39.99

Circuit City, however, does have it at $29.99 as well.

Since I pre-ordered at GameCrazy, I'm not sure what their policy is if there is a price increase prior to arrival. It kind of bothers me that EB has it at $39.99. Usually, they're pretty up to date with retail prices.

Although, I got Thrillville (360) for $39.99 at GC when it was $49.99 at EB.

CC didn't even try to get their $30 for Halo Legendary pre-orders for weeks, you may have some time on this at CC.

For me, I'll just use my 360 gamepad on Gametap and play it there (it was there same day it came out in stores).

[quote name='force_assassin']I couldn't get the TGTSTM92 - 10% off. Expires 11/10/07 to work (target.com). When I used it this message popped up:

"Important Message
This promotional code cannot be applied toward your purchase. Please check your offer for details."

Any ideas? Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

I used the link above and tried to apply the code, and I got that message. If you're having problems with the code, just try the link w/discount.

I thoght the Wii version was going to be better. I have the unopened PSP version from the TRU 3 for 2 sale, and was planning to return it for something else and wait for the Wii version. Thoughts?

[quote name='force_assassin']Is the CC price in an ad, or just checked in store in the POS?[/QUOTE]

That's the price on circuitcity.com.

[quote name='jrutz']I used the link above and tried to apply the code, and I got that message. If you're having problems with the code, just try the link w/discount.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks a lot!!!

[quote name='foolthrottle']I thoght the Wii version was going to be better. I have the unopened PSP version from the TRU 3 for 2 sale, and was planning to return it for something else and wait for the Wii version. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

If you choose waggle over eye candy ... I was waiting for the 360 version and then they announced the Wii version, so now I'm torn as well. I guess I'll wait for the reviews of how well the controls where actually implemented.

nice find OP, just pre-ordered 360 version @ CC since its $32.09 w/free shipping :D target for me had it at $39.99 :whistle2:(

[quote name='hollowfreak']If you choose waggle over eye candy ... I was waiting for the 360 version and then they announced the Wii version, so now I'm torn as well. I guess I'll wait for the reviews of how well the controls where actually implemented.[/QUOTE]

From early reports there isn't much eye candy to it since it was originally a PS2 game.

[quote name='Corvin']From early reports there isn't much eye candy to it since it was originally a PS2 game.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying you agree with me because "isn't much" is essentially "way more than" any Wii version. :lol:

[quote name='hollowfreak']So you're saying you agree with me because "isn't much" is essentially "way more than" any Wii version. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. If the graphical presentation of the 360 isn't too impressive, I'll probably go with waggle as it seems like it might actually be fun.

For those on the fence, this game is excellent. If the 360 visuals are similar to what's on the PC, then it's a very pretty game. Not mind-blowingly gorgeous, but definitely more than passable.

[quote name='PRican25']anyone else get an email about it being delayed?[/quote]

I received and email stating that the game had been delayed, apparently until Dec. 5. I Cancelled. By that time, you will probably be able to pick it up for under $30.

[quote name='Chacrana']For those on the fence, this game is excellent. If the 360 visuals are similar to what's on the PC, then it's a very pretty game. Not mind-blowingly gorgeous, but definitely more than passable.[/QUOTE]

I read that it is not.... low res + the frame rate isn't that great. I have not confirmed this tho, so I hope I am wrong.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is this in the stores?, cos i was just about to leave and pick it up![/quote]

Yes, its definitely available at EB/GS since I passed by this morning but its $39.99.

I wanted to get a copy in Best Buy since I could price match to Target/Amazon ($29.99) and avail of my rewards card. But as of this morning, no Tomb Raider.

[quote name='Megalith']WTF. Weren't they releasing this as a lame Xbox Live Arcade title or something?

Time to trade in the pitiful PS2 copy.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they were apparently going to release it episodically. I think I remember hearing somewhere that you'd need a copy of Legend to play it anyway.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/lara-croft/tomb-raider-anniversary-360-plans-fleshed-out-312090.php

This way might end up being cheaper for those that own Legend, but I'd rather not wait and own a physical copy of it anyway.

As for graphics, as someone mentioned earlier, it'll likely look closer to the PC version of the game. It's not cutting-edge, but it's certainly pretty enough. Those of you that have GameTap should try it out there first.

[quote name='paean']I read that it is not.... low res + the frame rate isn't that great. I have not confirmed this tho, so I hope I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

I personally doubt that. The game is built on the Legend engine and that game on 360 was just peachy.

Yeah, it looks just like Legend did. The whole "originally a PS2 title" idea doesn't even make sense, since it was originally released on the PC at the same time, and the PC version smokes all other versions, at least graphically (doesn't control as well, IMO).

It would with a gamepad (which IMO would be the way to play this game).

It's available on Gametap-came out the same time as the retail release. Although I loved Legend so much that I'll probably want to own this game too.

I should have preordered it from Amazon when it was $10 off. Guess I'll just wait.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I should have preordered it from Amazon when it was $10 off. Guess I'll just wait.[/QUOTE]

If you have a GameCrazy near you, you can still get it for $10 off. That's where I got mine -- $29.99.

And I'd have to say that the graphics aren't quite as good as Legend. Still decent but far from being the best that 360 can do. That said, it's a great game and highly recommended, especially at the low price point.

[quote name='Chacrana']For those on the fence, this game is excellent. If the 360 visuals are similar to what's on the PC, then it's a very pretty game. Not mind-blowingly gorgeous, but definitely more than passable.[/quote]

the Gamespot review said it looks just as good as the PC version but it had minor framerate issues.

great price for a 360 game even tho it's a PS2 port. btw, Amazon has it for $39.99 again...

bread's done
Back