24 TV Series/Movie Discussion: Season 8 DVD/BluRay out 12/7/10 | 24 Movie COMING SOON

tenzor

CAGiversary!
my.php
my.php
my.php
my.php
1-24_728x90_POST.jpg
jack_bauer_iphone_wallpaper_02.jpg

24 Season 8

THE FINAL SEASON

MONDAY NIGHTS
9/8c on FOX

2 HOUR SERIES FINALE - May 24th 8/9c

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/24
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/twentyfouronfox
MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/24

24 FEATURED FILM IS IN THE WORKS

About The Show

One of the most innovative and acclaimed dramas on television, 24 returns for a remarkable eighth season in January 2010. The suspenseful series has been nominated for a total of 68 Emmy awards, winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over the course of seven seasons, Sutherland has garnered seven Emmy nominations and one win for Outstanding Lead Actor; while Season Seven co-star Cherry Jones earned an Emmy nomination for her highly praised work as PRESIDENT ALLISON TAYLOR.

Season Eight of 24 promises to combine the show's unique and trend-setting format with compelling new elements, including a new setting, new threats and new cast members. Each episode will again cover one hour of real time as viewers follow JACK BAUER (Sutherland) through another astonishing day.

About Season 8

Set in New York City, "Day Eight" unfolds amidst the shadows of the Statue of Liberty and the United Nations as President Allison Taylor (Jones), alongside new chief of staff ROB WEISS (Chris Diamantopoulos), negotiates international security with OMAR HASSAN (Anil Kapoor), a determined Middle Eastern leader visiting the U.S. on a peacemaking mission. As the new day begins, an upgraded CTU operates under the command of M.B.A.-schooled, razor-sharp head honcho BRIAN HASTINGS (Mykelti Williamson), who supervises quirky CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub), expert data analyst DANA WALSH (Katee Sackhoff) and systems analyst ARLO GLASS (John Boyd).

COLE ORTIZ (Freddie Prinze Jr.), an ex-Marine who wants to follow in Bauer's footsteps, leads field operations while Agent RENEE WALKER (Annie Wersching) returns with an agenda of her own. Created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, 24 is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope they pick it up, they have been getting really stupid recently but I still love the show and don't wanna give up on it.

[quote name='darthbudge']I really hope they pick it up, they have been getting really stupid recently but I still love the show and don't wanna give up on it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but after hearing about a certain development I can't help but be somewhat skeptical heading in. Hopefully the show will prove me wrong.

In case anyone is curious or somehow hasn't heard, here's the development I'm referring to:

Tony's return from the dead

[quote name='captainfrizo']I agree, but after hearing about a certain development I can't help but be somewhat skeptical heading in. Hopefully the show will prove me wrong.

In case anyone is curious or somehow hasn't heard, here's the development I'm referring to:

Tony's return from the dead
[/QUOTE]

I agree. I feel like they're trying to give us fans what they THINK we want, instead of just writing a kick-ass season without the usual 24 cliches. We'll see.

Ooh new trailer already!? Just hope that they took all of our negative feedback from last season and take this one back to its roots.

updated OP with 2 min Season 7 trailer, it got leaked a day early. Beware major spoilers in the trailer on the "threat"

WOW that was the greatest trailer I have ever seen. This trailer tops all the other 24 season trailers. I like the idea of how they are bringing Tony back as the bad guy or at least we think. January can't come soon enough. 24 is back with a vengance, and hopefully this will be a fresh start.

Well, the trailer didn't cause me to become more optimistic. I'll still watch the show in hoping I'm (very) wrong, but as right now it's just not doing anything for me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ooh new trailer already!? Just hope that they took all of our negative feedback from last season and take this one back to its roots.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I hope so too. Also the trailer looked good and has me excited for the upcoming season.

Trailer looks badass, finally Jack gets to do whatever he wants without someone breathing down his neck...atleast it seems that way...but WTF is up with Tony being a bad guy...there better be some damn good explanation for it.

Holy shit. I didn't really watch season 6. S5 pissed me off and I just didn't have the time for 6. But with my favorite character back S7 is a must see for me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Trailer looks badass, finally Jack gets to do whatever he wants without someone breathing down his neck...atleast it seems that way...but WTF is up with Tony being a bad guy...there better be some damn good explanation for it.[/quote]
well I am thinking

1. Maybe Tony has been corrupted similar to how Charles Logan, Christopher Henderson, Walk Cummings, and those other Government people were. How hes a patriot doing something for the good of the country even if it involves taking risks.

2. Having felt betrayed by his country, and losing his wife to government people he is one pissed off person, and wants revenge on the world

3. After getting that injection into him that supposedly killed him in Season 5, he was revived by someone inside CTU (maybe that Burke guy who tortures people) and then those people helped faked his death. He then joined some cult or group. They then brainwashed him or he just became evil over time.

Was I the only one that thought that looked really bad.. I mean I'm a huge 24 fan, but I think the series has really jumped the shark.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Was I the only one that thought that looked really bad.. I mean I'm a huge 24 fan, but I think the series has really jumped the shark.[/QUOTE]
Depends on how they explain
Tony's resurrection
. Besides that, looks like another promising reboot after a bad season (i.e. season 3 & 6).

[quote name='tenzor']just a little bump to remind people of the trailer tomorrow

also in 24 news - the California fires are affecting 24 shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/10/23/fire.entertainment/index.html[/QUOTE]

So is it safe to assume that they're heading back to LA in Day 7? ;)

This season looks to be treading new water, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. D4, 5 & 6 were so similar to each other I was afraid that the show was starting to go downhill.

[quote name='anomynous']
Holy Shit, Tony's a bad guy

Now I'm heavily anticipating this season[/QUOTE]
I don't care what the fancy editing makes it looks like, I'm rooting for him to win this season.

In case anyone is wondering...
his soul patch brought him back to life

Or if thats too complicated, its as simple as
HE'S HALF MACHINE

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So is it safe to assume that they're heading back to LA in Day 7? ;)

This season looks to be treading new water, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. D4, 5 & 6 were so similar to each other I was afraid that the show was starting to go downhill.[/QUOTE]

It takes place in DC. They're filming there the next 2 weekends, and said they were going to shoot background shots as well and then later film the actors back in LA but insert them into the DC shots with computers.

Now I'm slightly torn. There were parts of that trailer that looked monumentally bad and there were some parts that seemed to indicate that they may have finally pulled their heads out of their asses (that's the closest thing I can manage to a compliment after season 6).

The situation seemed totally ripped off of the premise behind Live Free or Die Hard.

The nanomachines in Tony's body must have resurrected him.

[quote name='paddlefoot']The situation seemed totally ripped off of the premise behind Live Free or Die Hard.

The nanomachines in Tony's body must have resurrected him.[/QUOTE]

Actually it seemed to be a combination of both Die Hard 2 and Live Free or Die Hard.

[quote name='paddlefoot']The situation seemed totally ripped off of the premise behind Live Free or Die Hard.

The nanomachines in Tony's body must have resurrected him.[/quote]

speaking of Live Free or Die Hard. the ending of that movie was downright terrible.
He shoots himself and the bullet goes through him and kills the other guy. worst ending ever.

24 not going to be shown due to writer's strike--from IGN--

24 Yanked From FOX's Schedule

Strike causes Season 7 to be pulled from planned January debut.
by Eric Goldman

November 7, 2007 - FOX has released a revised lineup for the 2007 - 2008 television season, and 24 is not a part of it. This wasn't completely unexpected, as the network and the show's producers were said to be strongly considering not running the show at all this season, given the current writers strike. With only about 8 episodes completed (some reports say 9), the show, which is centered around their heavily serialized, 24 episode format, would be extremely off-balance were they to simply run those finished episodes now and then have fans go through a prolonged wait until the rest of the season was completed and ready to air. As the FOX press release puts it: "24 PREMIERE POSTPONED TO ENSURE 'DAY 7' PROVIDES NON-STOP ACTION"

The last 24 episode ran in May, so fans will hardly be excited to hear they will now have to wait an indeterminate time to get new episodes. With the length of the strike unknown, it's impossible to say yet whether the show would now come back in the fall, or perhaps not until early 2009. 24 was renewed through Season 8 earlier this year and Season 7 was currently in production. Assuming the episodes shot next season will now consist of the remainder of "Day 7" rather than "Day 8", it's unknown whether these events would result in the show adding another year of production on to their current deal or if "Day 8" may no longer occur, unless an additional renewal happens.

The two night premiere of 24 was to run January 13th and 14th, but Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (already slated to debut on January 14th) will now instead become a two-night event.

FOX also notes a "Mix of Original and Encore Episodes to Begin in January", which seems to hint that they will stagger the remaining new episodes of shows like Bones, Prison Break and 'Til Death with repeats, to get a bit more time before they reach their earlier than expected season finales.

Below is the FOX press release for their revised lineup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOX ANNOUNCES REVISED LINEUP FOR 2007-08 SEASON

"AMERICAN IDOL" RETURNS WITH 2-NIGHT, 4-HOUR PREMIERE
TUESDAY, JAN. 15, AND WEDNESDAY, JAN. 16

ADDITIONAL PREMIERE DATES INCLUDE:
"TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES" JAN. 13 AND 14;
"THE MOMENT OF TRUTH" JAN. 23; "NEW AMSTERDAM" FEB. 22; "UNHITCHED" MARCH 2;
"WHEN WOMEN RULE THE WORLD" MARCH 3;
"THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JAMES" MARCH 7;
"HELL'S KITCHEN" APRIL 1; AND "CANTERBURY'S LAW" APRIL 11

MIX OF ORIGINAL AND ENCORE EPISODES TO BEGIN IN JANUARY;
"BONES" MOVES TO FRIDAYS STARTING JAN. 4;
"PRISON BREAK" RETURNS TO MONDAYS JAN. 14;
"'TIL DEATH" MOVES TO FRIDAYS BEGINNING MARCH 7;
"BACK TO YOU" AIRS WEDNESDAYS AT 9:30 PM AS OF MARCH 12

"24" PREMIERE POSTPONED TO ENSURE "DAY 7"
PROVIDES NON-STOP ACTION

In light of the recently announced strike by The Writers Guild of America, FOX has revised its lineup for January and the remainder of the 2007-2008 season. (The new schedule is subject to change, pending resolution of the strike.)

The highly anticipated drama TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES will have a two-night premiere on Sunday, Jan. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the show's regular time period. PRISON BREAK, which has its last November airing on Monday, Nov. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), returns to Mondays (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) beginning Jan. 14.

The seventh season premiere of 24 is being postponed to ensure that "Day 7" can air uninterrupted, in its entirety.

Television's No. 1 show, AMERICAN IDOL, returns for Season Seven with a two-night, four-hour premiere event Tuesday, Jan. 15 and Wednesday, Jan. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). New game show THE MOMENT OF TRUTH premieres Wednesday, Jan. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Two popular FOX dramas take over Friday nights starting Friday, Jan. 4, when BONES has its time period premiere at 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT and encores of HOUSE begin weekly appointments at 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Comedy 'TIL DEATH also moves to Fridays, beginning with the time period premiere on Friday, March 7 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT).

HOUSE will air in its regular time period after AMERICAN IDOL on Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) starting Jan. 22, and also will encore on Mondays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) beginning March 10. An original episode of HOUSE with guest star Mira Sorvino will immediately follow Super Bowl XLII on Sunday, Feb. 3, as previously announced.

In addition to AMERICAN IDOL, the Sunday-night animated comedies - THE SIMPSONS, KING OF THE HILL, FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD - as well as ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?, DON'T FORGET THE LYRICS!, COPS and AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS BACK all will continue with original episodes, while a mix of original and encore episodes is currently planned for HOUSE, BONES, 'TIL DEATH and BACK TO YOU. Encore episodes of BACK TO YOU will follow AMERICAN IDOL on Wednesdays (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) beginning March 12.

Several new and returning shows are set to premiere in the spring. The drama NEW AMSTERDAM debuts Friday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). The Farrelly Brothers comedy UNHITCHED premieres Sunday, March 2 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) for a six-week run in the time period. On Monday, March 3, unscripted role-reversal series WHEN WOMEN RULE THE WORLD (working title) debuts (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT). Friday, March 7 marks the series premiere of comedy THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JAMES (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT). Fiery chef Gordon Ramsay suffers no fools on Tuesday, April 1 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), when HELL'S KITCHEN returns for Season Four. And new drama CANTERBURY'S LAW starts making its case Friday, April 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

Digging up this thread for this bit of news courtesy of Bill Hunt at TheDigitalBits.com......

[quote name='The Digital Bits']Meanwhile, Fox is trying to keep interest in 24 alive in the absence of new episodes with the 5/20 DVD release of the 24: Season One - Special Edition (SRP $59.98). The set will include "all 24 one-hour episodes and is packed with over three hours of never-before-seen special features including a Season Seven trailer, over 25 deleted and extended scenes, two all-new behind-the-scenes featurettes and more. Additionally the set will be available in collectible metal tin packaging that features special introductory letters from both series co-creators on their inspiration and challenges working on this groundbreaking show."[/quote]

Looks like I'm buying season one again. Hopefully this time we'll get 5.1 audio. If the few added bits from the Region 2 release are any indication then the deleted/extended stuff could be useful.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Digging up this thread for this bit of news courtesy of Bill Hunt at TheDigitalBits.com......

Looks like I'm buying season one again. Hopefully this time we'll get 5.1 audio. If the few added bits from the Region 2 release are any indication then the deleted/extended stuff could be useful.[/quote]

Here's more info:
24-s1-double-dips-20080222000054756-000.jpg

On May 20, 2008, Fox Home Entertainment will release 24 – Season One (Special Edition) on DVD. The set includes all 24 one-hour episodes and is packed with over three hours of never-before-seen special features over seven discs. It will obviously contain bonus materials and extra features, and will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $59.98.

The 24 – Season One (Special Edition) DVD will feature the following bonus materials:
  • Season One Introduction by Kiefer Sutherland
  • All-new documentary The Genesis of 24
  • 25 extended / deleted scenes
  • Never-before-seen alternate season finale ending #2
  • Commentary on the series premiere episode (12:00AM-1:00AM) by director Stephen Hopkins and Director of Photography Peter Levy
  • Five Extended Episodes, stretching from 7:00PM – 12:00AM
  • Commentary on the series finale episode (11:00PM-12:00AM) by director Stephen Hopkins and actress Leslie Hope
  • The Rookie online short films
  • "Coffee Run"
  • "Get This To…"
  • Alternate season finale ending (with optional commentary by executive producer Joel Surnow)
If its remastered video/sound I'll rebuy...that was the best season by far.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/854/854271p1.html

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Better than nothing...It could be interesting if they make it like a 2hour movie.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to whether two hour movie actually MEANS two hour movie or if it's just two episodes strung back-to-back. Time will tell, but knowing that I don't have to wait until January now makes it a bit easier. :)

[quote name='H-Town Info']lol buchanan is back...[/quote]

I wonder what his new role will be this season? Since apparently last season
He and Karen Hayes were suppose to retire, and go live on their lives without fear of prosecution by the US government for interfering with a US operation when they helped Jack try to rescue Josh Bauer form getting handed over to his father and the Chinese
. Plus
CTU
is no longer around

WTF Tony is back? I am kind of happy seeing as how he was my favorite character on the show but c'mon.....really? I still enjoy watching this show but after Season 3 the plots have become so absurd that it is hard to try to take it seriously. Season 5 was the low point for me, killing off so many characters was complete ass and made me almost quit watching it. I thought Season 6 was better but still not great.

How do you guys that watch the show rank the seasons? For me they go like this:

3>2>1>4>6>5

I was down on 24 after the way the last season ended but that trailer looks awesome. I hope season 7 serves as a rejuvination for the series.

Spoiler announced today:
Kim's coming back!

24: Another Blast From the Past
One more character from the early days is returning in Season 7.
by Eric Goldman

September 3, 2008 - A somewhat controversial character will return to 24 this season, as Kim Bauer comes back to the series.

EW.com's Michael Ausiello reports that Elisha Cuthbert has signed on to return in a story arc that will occur at the end of Season 7.

Ausiello gets a bit more Spoilery too, revealing Kim will return without her boyfriend she was with when last we saw her in Season 5, played by C. Thomas Howell. However, she will have a child, meaning Jack Bauer will have to adjust to being Grandpa Jack.

Kim hasn't exactly been the most beloved of 24 characters, with many still making jokes about the infamous cougar storyline from Season 2. That being the case, it should be interesting to see how she's handled this time around.

Cuthbert won't be the only character from 24's early days returning - It's already been revealed that Carlos Bernard is back as Tony Almeida.

24's seventh season debuts in January on FOX.

bread's done
Back