CheapyD didn't like Transformers?

[quote name='Mahoney07'];_;[/quote]

movies can suck...

seriously I paid money to see robots duke it out, not the kid from even stevens.
the movie was passable at best.

it wasn't bad as i thought, but there were parts that should've been cut and redone so it was more serious. the transformations were amazing tho...

snapshot20071019134357.jpg

I loved it.

But that might be because I didn't watch it growing up and didn't see how badly they bastardized the series.

For a movie based on toys and with Bay propensity for explosions, I wanted to see the damn Transformers blow each other arms, legs and head off. Watching them fight felt pointless; there was no sensation of the damage these big machines could do.

When I was a kid, we used to tape firecrackers to action figures, and see what the damage was. Where was this kind of 'blow-shit-up' fun?

The scenes when the robots weren't on-screen were just mind-altering bad. Really poorly written shit, used to set up product-placement scenes.

So the backlash begins now. Bout damn time. When that crap came out everybody and their brother was all about how awesome it was. As a TransFan I hated it. I will say it's better on a smaller screen cause you can actually see what's going on but there was way too many inconsistencies and human emotions and junk. Movie shoulda been nothing but robots. Oh and Megan Fox.
-G

[quote name='Scorch']I loved it.

But that might be because I didn't watch it growing up and didn't see how badly they bastardized the series.[/QUOTE]

I didn't love it but I did like it. I also watched it as a kid growing up too.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']For a movie based on toys and with Bay propensity for explosions, I wanted to see the damn Transformers blow each other arms, legs and head off. Watching them fight felt pointless; there was no sensation of the damage these big machines could do.

When I was a kid, we used to tape firecrackers to action figures, and see what the damage was. Where was this kind of 'blow-shit-up' fun?

The scenes when the robots weren't on-screen were just mind-altering bad. Really poorly written shit, used to set up product-placement scenes.[/QUOTE]
Unless I'm entirely missing the irony and/or sarcasm of your post: Frenzy
got busted up repeatedly
, Bumblebee
got both legs blown off
, Jazz
got ripped in half
, Optimus
cut Bonecrusher's head off with his bayonet
, Blackout, Devastator, and Scorponok
all got destroyed as well
, and Megatron's
spark was extinguished by the cube
. I really can't imagine what more you wanted as far as "sensation of damage."

I watched Transformers as a kid, and I loved it. Yes, it was slow early on, and the bit at Sam's house was "my bad" awful, but FWIW, I thought the robot action sequences were great, and it had a lot of great homages and touches of the old stuff.

[quote name='Scorch']I loved it.

But that might be because I didn't watch it growing up and didn't see how badly they bastardized the series.[/quote]

Same.

If you didn't like transformers you have no penis.

Anyway, to the people that said there wasn't enough Transformers, there was and they needed a human story to help tell how the transformers are.

That's like complaining Peter Parker doesn't start off as Spiderman in Spiderman 1.

[quote name='Mahoney07']If you didn't like transformers you have no penis.[/quote]

And if you liked it, you have no brain.

Horrible fucking movie.

It's a tie between Transformers and Halloween as to which is worst movie of the year.

[quote name='daroga']I liked Transformers. It's a great turn-your-brain-off action flick that could've used a little bit of editing.[/quote]

totally agree, the action scenes were great. the comedy bits...not so much.

This was setting up the background of the Transformers to the normal viewing audience, I have huge expectations of a sequel, more explosions, more on the Transformers, and a more focused on the Transformers storyline. Spiderman 1 was like that, it was boring because it was Peter discovering his powers, but Spiderman 2 was an amazing film. Transformers 2 will be much better than the first I guarantee it.

Nobody like the new Transformers movie or Japanese bound series. Both suck tromendously and in the movie you barely could tell Megatron froma scrap of junk.

When there was Transformers in 1985 it was animated completely and was done by american artists. Even the 3d Transformers was made america.

Also StarScreen is a complete wuss in the real series.

the 3D ones (beast wars and beast machines) were made by a canadian company actually. beast wars was good

[quote name='gamegal']Nobody like the new Transformers movie or Japanese bound series. Both suck tromendously and in the movie you barely could tell Megatron froma scrap of junk.

When there was Transformers in 1985 it was animated completely and was done by american artists. Even the 3d Transformers was made america.

Also StarScreen is a complete wuss in the real series.[/quote]

ummm, the 1985 toon was animated in Japan but it was written by American writers. it was a collaboration between takara and hasbro.

and the 3D ones (beast wars and beast machines) were made by a canadian company actually (writing and animation). beast wars was pretty good

[quote name='zerowing']This was setting up the background of the Transformers to the normal viewing audience, I have huge expectations of a sequel, more explosions, more on the Transformers, and a more focused on the Transformers storyline. Spiderman 1 was like that, it was boring because it was Peter discovering his powers, but Spiderman 2 was an amazing film. Transformers 2 will be much better than the first I guarantee it.[/quote]

QFT

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Unless I'm entirely missing the irony and/or sarcasm of your post: Frenzy
got busted up repeatedly
, Bumblebee
got both legs blown off
, Jazz
got ripped in half
, Optimus
cut Bonecrusher's head off with his bayonet
, Blackout, Devastator, and Scorponok
all got destroyed as well
, and Megatron's
spark was extinguished by the cube
. I really can't imagine what more you wanted as far as "sensation of damage."

[/QUOTE]
Maybe they were shot too close, or didn't have enough power behind them; but I didn't notice/care/realize these things were going on. I probably lost interest by the time the big 'finale' was occuring.

I thought the movie was pretty lame. What I hated the most was the kiddie potty humor. I want battiling robots not pee jokes damnit!

[quote name='daroga']I liked Transformers. It's a great turn-your-brain-off action flick that could've used a little bit of editing.[/quote]
Agreed. The only part I didn't like are the transformations, as it's way too busy and distracts from the action.

I wouldn't put it on the AFI top 100 movies of all time; but I still thought it was a fun action flick.

Pretty much all movies suck. Either you get dumb action movies, potty-mouth comedy, or pretencious crap that is supposed to be "thought provoking".

I'll take a good game (with or without story) any day or over a movie, but when I'm too tired to hold a controller, a dumb movie fits the bill.

i was a big fan of the series in the 80s and watched it everytime it was on even the repeats. the only thing i hate about it now is the music, it was a different generation back then.

i think the same goes for the movie. you cant just copy the original. me and my family liked it, specially my daughter (6 years old). the real complaint i have is that they could have shown them earlier than later in the movie. and i wish there were more fight scenes. and i think everyone else rolled their eyes when they saw the 360 turned into a transformer.

[quote name='zerowing']This was setting up the background of the Transformers to the normal viewing audience, I have huge expectations of a sequel, more explosions, more on the Transformers, and a more focused on the Transformers storyline. Spiderman 1 was like that, it was boring because it was Peter discovering his powers, but Spiderman 2 was an amazing film. Transformers 2 will be much better than the first I guarantee it.[/QUOTE]

I actually agreed with you until I realized that Spider-Man 3 sucked. So, once the character or characters are established, shouldn't they just get better and better? Sounds good in theory.

I thought it was alright, probably would have been better without the Even Steven's guy, but the same can be said for the annoying kid in the original animated movie.

How come so many people like this movie?

It was so bad. I enjoyed it I think until 30 minutes after the movie. Then I was like, "Wait a minute. That was really terrible".

Only thing I liked was seeing the robots transform. But there wasnt enough of that.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How come so many people like this movie?

It was so bad. I enjoyed it I think until 30 minutes after the movie. Then I was like, "Wait a minute. That was really terrible".

Only thing I liked was seeing the robots transform. But there wasnt enough of that.[/QUOTE]

I suppose you're right but if Sony made this it would've been SO much better. :lol:

Easily the worst movie of the summer. The parts w/ the giant fighting robots and stuff going boom were fun, but every single human element was atrocious an unnecessary. And there was so much of it, the movie was destroyed for me. I heard that it was Spielberg's idea to make this movie about "a boy and his car" (his words, too.) Can't say I approve.

THe special effects and action scenes were great, but everything else was shit. The casting was awful. I mean, they basically got all the low-level sitcom actors that everyone hates. Then they decided to have incredibly shitty dialogue and lame comedic relief.

I had a few Transformers toys as a kid, and I watched the cartoon a few times but I wasn't a fan or anything.

I saw the movie when it came to the $1 theater and I thought it was awesome. :)

The movie was a lot of fun and had great pacing, in my opinion.

People are saying they don't understand how anyone could like the movie, but I don't understand how anyone couldn't, unless they're a huge classic Transformers fan and didn't like the adaption.

Maybe I'll understand their perspective when the movie 'The Golden Compass" comes out and everyone loves it, except those who've read the book.(see sig.)

Some of the complaints about this movie are squite silly when you remember that the entire Transformers franchise started as 30 minute weekly commercial to sell toys. Nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name='LiK']ummm, the 1985 toon was animated in Japan but it was written by American writers. it was a collaboration between takara and hasbro.

and the 3D ones (beast wars and beast machines) were made by a canadian company actually (writing and animation). beast wars was pretty good[/quote]

You are wrong. The 1985 toon was based off the Japanese toyline. There is no real Japanese transformers Saga. All the animations was made by American artists including the stories. Just look at the human characters and you will not find one scent of Japanese on them.

The Japanese liked the animation and dubbed it. The Beast Wars was the same people but I forget what it had to do with Canada. In Canada they actually renamed it Beast Machines instead of Beast Wars dew to the Wars sounding too violent.

Still they prefer nude cooking over the word Wars. When Beast Wars was brought over to Japan they had finally done there real first Transformers animation just to buy time for the beast Wars dubb.

[quote name='gamegal']You are wrong. The 1985 toon was based off the Japanese toyline. There is no real Japanese transformers Saga. All the animations was made by American artists including the stories. Just look at the human characters and you will not find one scent of Japanese on them.

The Japanese liked the animation and dubbed it. The Beast Wars was the same people but I forget what it had to do with Canada. In Canada they actually renamed it Beast Machines instead of Beast Wars dew to the Wars sounding too violent.

Still they prefer nude cooking over the word Wars. When Beast Wars was brought over to Japan they had finally done there real first Transformers animation just to buy time for the beast Wars dubb.[/quote]
haha, you are so wrong about everything.

the original series was animated in Japan and South Korea but written and produced by an American company:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers_%28TV_series%29

Beast Wars and Beast Machines were separate series made by the same Canadian company, Mainframe. Beast Machines is the sequel to Beast Wars:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_universes#Beast_Wars.2FMachines_.281996.E2.80.932001.29

[quote name='Nephlabobo']And if you liked it, you have no brain.

Horrible fucking movie.

It's a tie between Transformers and Halloween as to which is worst movie of the year.[/quote]

which does bring to mind: which would you rather have? a brain or a penis?

but really, the movie was alright, but could never gain the title of GREAT FILM

The Transformers movie sucked.

I know we would have loved for it to be awesome, but in reality it is not. I am so disappointed with that movie that I will not know where to begin. I think many people like the transformers movie because they loved the cartoons in the 80's...if anyone would just watch this movie for what it was without any nostalgia of the 80's cartoon series would give this a "C" at BEST.

To me it would have been better if it was an animated movie.

I would agree with cheapy that the movie is effing bad. Terrible lines "My Bad" comes to mind. But although it was terrible, IT WAS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN ON THE BIG SCREEN. take out the whole human story lines, and make the movie just half an hour of big ass robots fighting in cities, and you've got success.

bread's done
Back