- - - - -

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

#3241 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

Blizzard Physical CE's for Diablo 3, WoW & SC2 are great. Their older ones were pretty decent too, but these new boxes are fucking awesome.

Anyways, here's a new video that gives some Protoss lore (kinda) prior to Legacy of the Void events.

#3242 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

For a game called Legacy of the Void, they sure do talk about the Khala a lot.

#3243 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

'Cause they're... y'know... Zealots. *cough*

Anyways, it looks like they're revamping the UI for 3.0:

#3244 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:03 AM

Polygon posted a big long feature on StarCraft in general today.

Only a few more days left until LotV…!

#3245 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:30 PM

I forgot this was releasing so soon. Here's the launch trailer, but it's mostly footage they've already shown.

Oh and they're doing some DLC Nova missions that are coming out in Spring 2016. The first of several planned it seems.

Feels like a kick in the balls because we never got Starcraft Ghost.

#3246 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

Worst time to release game, ever.

And yeah, I also have the other two physical copies of this Starcraft II trilogy?

#3247 Josh5890   For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228 CAGiversary!   3029 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:31 AM

My copy from Best Buy should arrive tomorrow (monday) so I will be ready for 11 pm CST!

#3248 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

Woo!

sc2lotv.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo quality :razz: Also, continuing to be glad that Blizzard has such sturdy CE boxes, as Amazon's packaging this time was worse than usual (not a single one of the paltry amount of air bubbles in the box had any air in them). This CE suffered only a couple of very minor dents.

On a related note, brushed up on the lore this weekend to prep myself for LotV. I hadn't heard about this before, but apparently, Artanis was retconned to be the player Executor in the original StarCraft. This is such a minor thing compared to other retcons, though, so I'm not even mad, just a little bewildered. Suppose it'll make sense in the LotV campaign.

#3249 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:50 PM

Damn, that box does look sexy. It'll go nice next to all my other Blizzard CE boxes. I should get mine today.

#3250 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:36 AM

Enjoying the campaign so far (I'm about four or five missions in now), but maaan, there's some heavy shit going down in this story…

Spoiler

And later on...

Spoiler

#3251 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:09 PM

I was a bit late on starting it, but yeah the early missions hit pretty hard narrative wise. I'm up to the Rift missions, which I assume is about halfway through the game? Maybe. Taking it a little slow compared to my usual speed.

Heard some people say the ending is terrible, but I guess I'll see when I get there.

EDIT: Oh man, John de Lancie as Alarak is perfect.

#3252 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:45 AM

Heard some people say the ending is terrible, but I guess I'll see when I get there.

Finished the main campaign and the Epilogue today. The overall ending's not terrible, but there is one part at the very end which is pretty bad.

Ending rant (edited):

Spoiler

General story stuff:
Spoiler

I think that's all the thoughts I had for now :razz: Fun campaign, but that ending could indeed have been better.

EDIT: Oh man, John de Lancie as Alarak is perfect.

Yes! Quite possibly the best voice acting in the game.

#3253 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

Ending rant (edited):

Spoiler

I believe there's on you hadn't considered:

Spoiler

But yeah, the story was wrapped up pretty thoroughly. I can see why people may not like the ending and it definitely has those high levels of Blizzard cheese. I do with the post game scenes had a little more info on what became of the Protoss though.

#3254 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

I believe there's on you hadn't considered:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3255 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'll probably just chalk that up to "Lol, Blizzard." I'm not too big into theorycraft.

EDIT: I did not know this, but apparently you can play the co-op missions with someone who doesn't own the expansion using 'spawning' that was released a few years ago:

http://us.battle.net...uy-now/spawning

Not sure if this works for pre-existing accounts the own the previous two games or if that person needs to have the Starter Edition installed or both. Going to try this with a friend who can't buy the new expansion yet.

#3256 Rhett   Global Defense Initiative CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:30 PM

Just happened to look and found this topic...

^

I don't have LOTV and I can play co-op, surprisingly. It just limits me to Artanis, Raynor and Kerrigan. Can play all of the maps AFAIK. Pretty cool! Reinstalled just for that, pretty much. Not sure if I'll get LotV... saw some campaign gameplay and it doesn't look as fun as the other two, but we'll see. Tempted.

#3257 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:18 PM

Yep, it allowed him to play the first three heroes when partied with me like you said. It's rather nice as it gives me another co-op game to play with him and nobody needs to spend any money on another copy for him.

The campaign though I liked for the most part. Though it's mostly because I'm heavily pro Protoss. There were one or two missions that I didn't really care for, but I liked it more than the other two campaigns.

#3258 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

I love the 'Toss too, but I still think HotS had the best campaign, both in terms of story and missions. LotV felt like something of a retread of HotS as far as gameplay went (though that one mission with the sliding panels was pretty inventive), and Artanis is, sadly, pretty bland compared to certain other characters.

I'd like to play through all three campaigns again sometime, mostly for missing achievements but also to see how it all flows together. It would be a hell of a time investment, though, and I have so much else to play.

#3259 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:20 PM

https://us.battle.ne...nova-covert-ops

Looks like the order page for the Convert Ops missions is up. It's $15 for 9 missions. Will definitely wait until they release to see how they are before purchasing.

#3260 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:10 PM

Figure I'll go ahead and mention that the first of the three Covert Ops Mission Packs will be releasing this week. I'm not sure if it'll remain $15 after the first mission pack releases or not, but it will eventually be $22.50 which is somewhat pricey for nine missions. Also includes the other useless junk that come with Blizzard pre-orders these days that will be gone after the first pack goes live as well.

Here's some extra information on what the covert ops missions will be like:

http://us.battle.net.../blog/20063101/

http://us.battle.net...ova-covert-ops/

Betrayal video released for it as well:

#3261 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

Iffy on whether or not I even want to play these mission packs. Nova's a neat character, but Ghosts in general are one of my least favorite Terran units. The $15 preorder price is much better than the full one for nine missions, though. Hmm...

#3262 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:32 PM

I bit on it because I have no idea when they'll have a sale that's 33% off or better. Plus I think Ghosts can work well when you design levels around them as the main hero unit. At $1.67 per mission, it's not too bad compared to $2.50 per mission. Oh and I really wanted Starcraft Ghosts to be a thing and then Blizzard said, nope, it's not going to be a thing.

Pretty sure I still have some swag from Starcraft Ghosts promo stuff all those years ago. That and my Calendar that's been hanging up is still an old 2013 calendar showing Kerrigan in her Ghost form. Though that's mainly because I haven't bothered to replace it since I started using my email/phone calendar more.

I'm probably not the best person to keep you away from buying it, obviously. I'm just clinging to a long dead hope.

#3263 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:23 AM

Yeah saw that, meh.

#3264 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:07 PM

Finally completed my CE set of this trilogy, including an autographed Wings of Liberty.  Scooped the LotV CE for $50 at GameStop.  Now I need to finish HotS, but I suck so bad I can't even maintain a base.  I probably should start over...

#3265 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

So it looks like the first Nova Mission Pack is out, and the bundle is still $15. Has anyone here played it yet, and if so, what do you think?

#3266 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:01 AM

I keep meaning to play the third mission so I can finish it, but I never get around to it. So I figure I should chime in before I completely forget.

It's not bad and is pretty interesting for sure. Unfortunately though Terran is my worst race, so I put off doing the third mission at the time. If you played Blizzards Starcraft April Fools joke this year, the first mission has that in there in a slightly different fashion. It also feels more challenging than the normal campaign. Though I'm not sure how much of that is because I suck as Terran though.

#3267 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Necro but I just decided to launch my SCII launcher today, because of all the snow why not lol, and I noticed they're having a 50% sale so I grabbed Legacy of the Void for $20.

FYI