FYE Black Friday Sale

Or the PS2 Phat for the $99 special.

By the way, the PS2 special and the DS Lite bundles are prices after rebate. So you still pay $129 for the PS2 and $149 for the DS bundles, then wait a few weeks (or months) for the rebate check to come. Personally, I would rather not deal with rebates (and it's freakin Black Friday...just cut the price for that 1 day).

LOL buy smackdown 2008 get unforgiven dvd movie free 24.99 vaule

isnt that movie like 4.99 on sale almost ever other week

holy crap there is a zelda bundle coming out. Too bad by the time it hits zelda will be everywhere used cheap

hell local 2nd hand store already had 5 copies of it

buy 1 box set get 1 free.... what = normal prices everywhere else since FYE wants almost double what any other stores sells them for

hopefully online and maybe buy a few box sets if CHEAP might have a way to dump off my 170 bucks credit

[quote name='guyver2077']nothing too great in the hd/bd selection.. crank stands out[/QUOTE]
im in for House of 100 corpses, Dawn of the Dead, and Van Hellsing

[quote name='cranguy']Almost look fake.[/quote]

hell, they could be fake...

at first I thought that it was just an older fye black friday ad because of all the old modeled consoles but there are games featured that came out this year

[quote name='NamPaehc']Well you have to send in a rebate to get that price.[/quote]

yea...tax on a $470 item ain't easy

but good deal nonetheless

[quote name='slidecage']LOL buy smackdown 2008 get unforgiven dvd movie free 24.99 vaule

isnt that movie like 4.99 on sale almost ever other week

holy crap there is a zelda bundle coming out. Too bad by the time it hits zelda will be everywhere used cheap

hell local 2nd hand store already had 5 copies of it

buy 1 box set get 1 free.... what = normal prices everywhere else since FYE wants almost double what any other stores sells them for

hopefully online and maybe buy a few box sets if CHEAP might have a way to dump off my 170 bucks credit[/quote]

Ok... your comments are dead on.

May jump on the PSP deal, if it's a slim. Picture looks like an old large one but 2 free games (after rebate) is a great deal.

Worst thing I ever did was sign up for their backstage pass, what a fuckin rip off, everytime I go to use it their is yet another exclusion. This time the 10% off doesn't apply to iPOD's.

Spend $50 in Gift Cards and Get a Free $10 Bonus Card
this has peaked my interest in combination with large ticket items, wii for slightly over 200 for the win?

EDIT and it gets better for some of us, taken from SD
Here’s a deal I’m extremely surprised to see return: at select shopping malls around the U.S., you can show $200 in shopping mall receipts at the information desk and get a free $20 Discover gift card. This deal has been offered for at least the last couple of holiday seasons, and I hopped in on it last year.
The big list of malls is on sd and my mall (briarwood - ann arbor) is on there

Wii for roughly 180, sign me up.

[quote name='RudyPants']Wow. A Nintendo Wii Video Game System. $249.99. What a great deal?[/quote]

I'd buy one of those for $24.99.

I dont think the Zelda DS deal is that bad. If I can get $25 for Zelda I could be looking at a very good price for a new DS Lite

[quote name='Scrubsy']I may jump on the B1g1f on the tv sets. I really, really don't want to fight crowds that morning though.[/quote]

Yeah but knowing FYE's prices, it's no real deal at all. They don't give examples of the prices but you can be sure they're going to be high. Hell, you'll probably have to send in their damn rebates to partake of these offers.

Just look at the other prices...they advertise MSRP Wii and DS games like that's something special.

[quote name='aphasias']i love how they show a ds phat in the gold zelda bundle[/quote]

I think they made a mistake...Sears has this pic:
doubund.JPG

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think they made a mistake...Sears has this pic:
doubund.JPG
[/quote]

for crying out loud, now i gotta buy another DS...

[quote name='cranguy']Why do the images look so ghettotastic? Almost look fake.[/quote]

They remind me of Chacrana's Scammer thread. It makes me think they both had the same creator :roll:

[quote name='slidecage']LOL buy smackdown 2008 get unforgiven dvd movie free 24.99 vaule

isnt that movie like 4.99 on sale almost ever other week[/QUOTE]

I think its supposed to be WWE Unforgiven 2007. Its just that whomever did the ad for FYE inserted the wrong image.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Spend $50 in Gift Cards and Get a Free $10 Bonus Card
this has peaked my interest in combination with large ticket items, wii for slightly over 200 for the win?

EDIT and it gets better for some of us, taken from SD
Here’s a deal I’m extremely surprised to see return: at select shopping malls around the U.S., you can show $200 in shopping mall receipts at the information desk and get a free $20 Discover gift card. This deal has been offered for at least the last couple of holiday seasons, and I hopped in on it last year.
The big list of malls is on sd and my mall (briarwood - ann arbor) is on there

Wii for roughly 180, sign me up.[/quote]

Mall St. Matthews near me in Louisville. Just have to spend $30 on gas and $50 on aggravation.

[quote name='RudyPants']Wow. A Nintendo Wii Video Game System. $249.99. What a great deal?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget your "Selected Nintendo Wii Video Games" for a mere $49.99.

[quote name='mitch079']You ain't kidding. These "ads" look faker than Rip Taylor's toupee.[/QUOTE]

That deal is pathetic. Save 10 bucks by buying two extra games at the time of purchase, as well as wait two to three monthes for a mail in rebate. Your better off just buying off craigslist or ebay.

[quote name='Scooby-Doo']Does anyone know what other stores are offering the Gold DS Lite besides FYE (and apparently Sears)?[/quote]

I'm sure everyone will, but if they're anything like the Nintendogs/Mariocart bundles from 2005 they will sell out quick.

[quote name='Garfield']Or the PS2 Phat for the $99 special.

By the way, the PS2 special and the DS Lite bundles are prices after rebate. So you still pay $129 for the PS2 and $149 for the DS bundles, then wait a few weeks (or months) for the rebate check to come. Personally, I would rather not deal with rebates (and it's freakin Black Friday...just cut the price for that 1 day).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aphasias']i love how they show a ds phat in the gold zelda bundle[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cranguy']Why do the images look so ghettotastic? Almost look fake.[/QUOTE]

It really looks like these were cut & pasted by an amature. I've been seeing it everywhere, but are we sure this ad is legit?

NOTE: fye gift card deal has already started, but is a little misleading based on the so-called ad above.

My store had lots of holiday signage up for many of the deals listed above, including the "Buy $50 in gift card and get a $10 bonus card"

The $10 bonus card is not exactly a gift card. It is a business card sized coupon (see below) that you can use on purchases from 1/1/08 to 1/15/08 only. No minimum purchase listed, so I assume you can get a $10 purchase for free.

ALSO, note that the "bonus cards" require you to present your receipt from your original $50 gift card purchase, so hold on to your receipts!

ALSO, "Limit one (1) bonus card per transaction." :(

I still bought $150 in gift cards and got 3 of these free. (I spend a ton at fye.) I used one of the $50 gift cards immediately after I bought it.

Still not a bad deal IMO, but the 2-week time frame will kill this deal for a lot of people.

bread's done
Back