Contest - CAG Foreplay #23: Win a Sega Saturn w/ X-Men: Children of the Atom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As talked about on the latest CAG Foreplay Podcast, CAG dragonsho is kind enough to donate a Sega Saturn with X-Men: Children of the Atom for this week's contest.

Please place your entries in this thread and a winner will be randomly chosen and announced on next week's show. Listen to the latest episode for the rules of the contest and good luck everyone!

Thanks again, dragonsho!

Probably not a system defining game, but I played the hell out of Virtua Cop on the Saturn with my brother. That was probably a personal favorite.

I remember first the first time I saw X-Men: Children of the Atom at an Arcade, it's was the same feeling I got when MK2 came out. Thanks dragonsho for putting this up!

Guardian Heroes is one of the best games no one has ever played. This 6 player beat-em up/RPG has no been duplicated to this day.

Memories of Nights into Dreams and Daaaaaaaaytoooooooooonaa! Spring to mind. I am still bitter of Sega's defeat that generation. I bet my money on the wrong horse. I got in when they offered the 3 free games. Daytona USA, Virtua Cop and Virtua Fighter 2 if I am not mistaken. Never got to play Panzer Dragoon Saga that and Shinning Force 3. My two greatest regrets.

Virtua Cop was a Fav. and fighting vipers was pretty sweet as well.

I have a Sega Staurn already, so I'd have to turn around and pass that on to someone else. But Children of the Atom? That would be great to have. I have Darkstalkers for the Saturn and I still throw down on that to this day. Capcom = WIN.

Nice, unfortunately the Saturn was one of the few systems I have never owned. And yet somehow I own a game for it.... Namie Amuro's Digital Dance Beat. lulz

I have never owned a saturn as I wasnt even born when the Saturn came out. But I would love to experience it.

The Saturn is one of the few consoles I'm missing.. would love to get my hands on one, as well as one of those nifty round Nights controllers...

180px-Sega_saturn_analog_controller.jpg

IMO, the Saturn is one of the most underrated systems ever. I was actually about to buy one when it was discontinued. I ended up trading my Sega CD for it but unfortunately had to sell it because I needed the money. Anyway, my favorite game was definitely Shining Force III (best Shining Force, IMO). The Legend of Oasis was pretty damn good, too but I never got to play the Panzer Dragoon games which I'd love to play. Missed out on Orta too cause I never had an Xbox :(

I have only played a saturn a few times. One of my friends bought one at launch. The first game I ever played happened to be the horrible Aerosmith game Revolution X. Unfortunately that is the only game I can really remember playing. I know he had a sports game too but I can't remeber which one.

I remember getting a Saturn at launch, but not really loving it till I got Sega Rally, raced those few tracks over and over!

I remember when the Saturn Launched...What a surprise to everyone. I went to 3 Electronic's Boutique (as EB Games used to be called) and they didn't even know they were getting it. I got a call from one of them later in the day saying they got one from UPS delivery and if I wanted it. Retail Price $499. Talk about Sticker shock.

Best game ever? Panzer Dragoon Saga. Duh!

One of these days, hope to get a Saturn. I'd love to have...

Dead or Alive
Tomb Raider and
World Series Baseball '98 (think it's 98, not 1 or 2... but the LAST one they made)

Never had a Saturn, but have always wanted one. I'd love to have Virtua Cop, I remember having a blast with VC2 on the Dreamcast.

my favorite saturn game is, Mr Bones!. mr bones is a music/platformer i guess. lots of cool elements and gameplay in this game that had never been done during that time. from the FMV's and the musical aspect of the game it was great. but i remember it being really difficult to beat.

After playing the awful Virtua Fighter on the 32X, my favorite Saturn game was Virtua Fighter 2. What a difference over the POS 32X version.

My favorite Saturn game I had was probaly Nights. It took me awhile to figure out what I was doing but those were simpler times.

Alas, poor Saturn ... we hardly got to know thee.

It seems like eternities ago but I recall countless do-overs with House of the Dead to find all the possible routes.

ahh, one of my memories of the Saturn was seeing it sit on the shelf and drop in price at the local Toysrus...before i had any money to even think of buying one

THis gives me a great idea of what to do with my spare 32" Vizio in my bedroom. I could hook up a Saturn/Dreamcast combo and make people relive the memories. Or make new ones. Or something.

please! I really would love a saturn, I collect old game systems and that is the ONLY major system I still do not own

pleeeeeeeeeeease!!

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyytona!!!! USA.[/quote]
That's really the defining moment of owning a Saturn. To this day, if I'm getting onto a highway, I might start to sing "rollllllingggggggg staartttttttttttttttttttt!"

VF2 was awesome of course, but my friends and I made up a Royal Rumble metagame. Turn off damage and keep ring-outs on (so the only way you could die was from ring out). Very fun.

Of the few games that I've played on the Saturn my favorite would have to be Assault Suit Leynos 2. It's got customizable robots, HUGE bosses, guns, explosions, all in a 2D side-scroller view. What's not to love?

I know that this comes as sacrilege, but I've played Panzer Dragoon Saga and I didn't like it. At all. I actually borrowed the game from the guy who did the dialogue for the American version.

As for Children of the Atom, this is probably the only fighter game that I've ever been interested in as I like the characters.

There were only 3 games I played on my Saturn before I got rid of it:

1. Die Hard Arcade
2. NiGHTS
3. X-Men: Children of the Atom

Iirc, the retail price was not 499.99. I believe it was 399.99. I got it for a birthday present from the mother figure the day it came out. I could be mistaken though.

My favorite Saturn game is NiGHTS into Dreams. The analog controller made it fun to control and I loved flying around collecting everything I can. The boss battles were also pretty fun from the ones I've played.

I bought one at launch, and loved Mass Destruction; an mindless action game where your tank blew the hell out of everything. I had a decent collection, when my local Wal-Mart (maybe 96-97) started clearing all their Staurn games for $5.00. I went crazy purchasing about 45 games in two days.

I had a lot of fun with the system for the next three months, then stored it. About two years ago, I got married and took all my Saturn game to Gamedude. I do miss the system. I even convinced my girlfriends dad to get one. He'd come home from work and play either Mass Destruction or Bust-A-Move until his wife would yell at him. The Saturn was his gateway drug.

Some highlights for me:
Mass destruction
Bust a Move 2 & 3
Darius Gadien
Die Hard Trilogy
BomberMan
The Panzer Dragoon series
Hyper 3-D pinball
Herc's Adventures
Thunderstrike 2
Street Fighter Alpha series (I got a thumb blister on the first one)
Darkstalkers
In the Hunt
Offroad Intreceptor Extreme (yeah, 3Do!)

Panzer Dragoon Saga, because it's Panzer Dragoon Saga.

But seriously, it came out right as RPGs were starting to really boom in the US (thanks to FF7), but I had been playing RPGs for years by this time, and a lot of the RPG conventions had started to feel stale to me. And then PDS came along with these amazing characters and world and art direction, and of course, it's unforgettable battle system. It was a real breath of fresh air, and despite it's huge reputation among RPG players, never get the widespread attention that it truly deserves. A true classic (and seriously, Sega, can we get a next-gen PDS sequel over here???).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back