Points2shop Is A Huge Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMING_GURU

CAGiversary!
Okay...I liked the site at first it credited quickly got a few referrals and got a couple dollars off them verifying...alls going well...at least thats what I thought...Then I go to place my order and My account gets marked as "Cheater" this is funny because all my information is correct...I verified it by phone and every offer was done legitimately so I write them a ticket....

this is their response...

Unfortunately we cannot reopen one of the accounts when it comes to activity that is not allowed by our rules.

Regards,

Mathijs de Jong

I had written saying that I broke no rules and thats how they respond...I just wrote back saying how does that even begin to answer anything...what did I do wrong...the sites a scam...poorly run and I dont even think that guy speaks english correctly. Its funny that they wait till I place an order after getting 3000 points to mark it as cheater...and I am 250% positive that I didnt break any of their rules at all they are just trying to cheat users out of points and take their money...
Yeah they send out a few prizes but then keep a few by closing legitimate accounts ...

Oh and I broke no rules...Never used a proxy...all informations correct, all offers completed fully...and I did all the offers in about two hours straight from my account unreferred and this is my first time ever signing up ...
theres no defense for this site and if they dont respond with an answer that makes any sense...
Im going to report them to the better business bureau

it's funny how quickly people label something as a scam as soon as it's not working the way they want it to, yes, that's right, points 2 shop is a scam, just forget about everyone else that got their prizes without any problems, it must be a scam because you have problems with the site.

Are you serious? I've gotten 4 prizes from them, an Amazon GC, a battery pack, 1 month Xbox Live, and PayPal payment. They are not a scam, there obviously is some other reason.

Your damn right its a scam...read their forums a lot of people are complaining...just cause they send out a gift to every other person doesnt make them legit at all
the admin makes no sense at all and then the response to my ticket is completely ridiculous it doesnt make sense at all either...the sites a joke ripping off a lot of people... it wont be open that long so i wouldnt invest a lot of time into it unless they change things up

Unfortunately we cannot reopen one of the accounts when it comes to activity that is not allowed by our rules.

Regards,

Mathijs de Jong

When you ask what you did wrong or what they are saying you did wrong and they respond with that....that straight bull sh*t

thats funny...
it took me two days to get a response to that one
the live support is a joke...ive never seen them on to discuss this and they are never on the aim account at all either...
little support for most people....hmmm your lucky

OH AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM ON IF YOU DO ANY OF THE DOWNLOAD OFFERS SUCH AS GAMEVANCE OR OTHERS Because they have TROJAN VIRUSES ON THEM...

TROJAN VIRUSES ON THE OFFERS YOU EXPOSE YOUR MEMBERS TOO....
THATS....HOW YOU MAKE A GREAT SITE.

Talk to the owner again. If they gave you a dull response, then ask for a detailed explanation why you were labeled a cheater. If you didn't do anything wrong, then it was a mistake and they should correct it. Points2Shop is not a scam.

If you are indeed right, and it was a mistake, you shouldn't be flaming all over the place. Chances are now, they won't give your points back because of this. Worth a shot though.

And.. I don't think you checked my "Proof" video. When my nunchuk comes, I'll make another video and hopefully actually plug it into my wiimote, turn it on, and play Zack & Wiki with it. My Zack & Wiki "Proof" video, I forgot to open the package. I'll do a complete run-through so you know it's not a scam. Why would I lie to you guys? :p

Well its been a while since i sent in a response and I still dont have a better reason so I am going to flame it...and like i said before read the points2shop forums a lot of people are getting labled "Cheaters" without reason...about the same amount of those receiving their prizes...how is that not a scam

Your proof videos great I glad some people are doing alright on the site...
but...
If they send out 30 prizes....and Rip off 30 people who did everything by the rules....

HOW DOES THAT NOT CONSTITUTE THE SITE AS A SCAM

Oh and how are they going to not send me the prize now that I am flaming them on one forum...odds are they dont check this site at all..or rarely and if so how would they know who i was...I have a different username and....that message they sent me was about as generic as you can get...

Id like a little real customer support...

Oh lol and besides that fact...just thought that you guys are mad crazy for completing credit card offers on this site if you are...
they completely underpay you from what I saw... I can get paid 30+dollars on half of the offers that they are offering 1500 points for so I mean thats kind of scammish i would say but not really cause if people will fall for it why not

I agree with you. The response was very generic, and didn't answer how you were labeled "cheater" in the first place. If you want to contact him personally, he's almost on 24/7 on MSN.

There may be a glitch in the system and it might have mistakened you as a cheater or something. I mean, People aren't getting credited for their offers lately. Something must be up. I'd contact him again, just to make sure.

Edit: I currently haven't done any of the credit card offers simply because I am a poor ass.

I've collected over 7000 points from this site already. If this random guy's story is true, and it happens to me, then I would be so pissed off...

WOWWW Your kidding me...
This random guys story...
its not a story
I've been doing freebie websites for almost two and a half years I'm pretty sure i know a lot more about freebie websites than most people here and I know how to complete offers and follow all of the rules...Ive done that with points2shop...so I would say its true...and your right half of the offers dont credit so they get money by you viewing their advertisers and then not crediting half the people...

Ive gotten almost $4500 paypal...a 360, a laptop, about 10 games, 2 ipod videos, and ipod nano, a desktop computer, a wii, a ps3 and about $1700 worth of gift cards so i think i know a lot about freebie websites especially when one could very well be considered a scam

Well, I checked the forums because I have nothing better to do. This is what I came up with:

Reasons for your Account to be Marked as a "Cheater":
1- you have signed up using proxy server (The script that goodleadsonly use does have an automatic proxy detection, which automatically detect proxy server)
2- You filled incorrect information in your profile
3- you filled incorrect information while doing offers

If you didn't do any of these, you're in the clear.

They sent that in the email they sent to me...
dont fall under any of them so I asked them what I did...
and they sent me that generic message a few days later...

I have a few more points till I can afford Guitar Hero III. I'm going to order that and see what happens.

I'm worried though because I used a slightly different phone number than my real one because, hey, phone spam is the worst there is. I changed a single digit at the end and used that for the offers. I wonder if I change my fake one to my real one for the phone verification, they'll say I'm a cheater.

[quote name='xboxowns'] I wonder if I change my fake one to my real one for the phone verification, they'll say I'm a cheater.[/quote]

Or.. you can just not verify. lol.

you probably should cause im pretty sure you have to phone verify at some point...good luck getting it but you could always say you accidently typed the digit wrong

Whats the msn thing for the site....
cause i jsut contacted the Mathjis guy that responded to me and he wouldnt help me at all told me to email them...great support

hmm my credits aren't being approved still...I have about 300+ points and I did over 20 offers (and validated my phone so thats some points)

does this mean my account might get deleted?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hmm my credits aren't being approved still...I have about 300+ points and I did over 20 offers (and validated my phone so thats some points)

does this mean my account might get deleted?[/quote]

No, it won't.

going back to guru's post about downloaded offers...he is right game vance had a weather channel desktop thngy install onmy system because of game vance and all these pop ups. Other than that the offers are plenty but hardly credit.

All I know is this: Me and two other guys signed up on points2shop on Thursday. Two of us signed up under the guy who told us about it. It took well over a day for the two of us to get the verification code. The guy who sent us the referral links did not get his referral bonuses at all. Out of the 36 surveys/offers I've done, only two of them have been approved. The other two guys I know who signed up at the same time; one of them is having the same problems as me, and the guy who told us about it, after having a good start, has ran into the same problem. Practically nothing will approve and I've got loads of pending offers. I'm glad it's working out for some of you, but for me and my two buddies it's a steaming pile of crap.

eh, it just takes some time. After my account was being reviewed i was marked and they said that my phone was called from arkansas( i called from california fountain valley ). My account was put on hold for a lil bit then they sent the items a bit later. Its just a glitch in their system.

Yesterday I made an order for a 1600 ms point card. and today i get this crap

OK what kind of BS is this:

Dear Member,

We have reviewed your account and feel we need to collect additional information. We are wondering what the connection is between you and our member (someone on my refferral list).

Please take note that your account is NOT closed at the moment and this situation will not affect your balance or orders you might have placed at this moment.
Please provide us the additional information. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Mathijs de Jong
Points2Shop.com

My 1600 point card is still pending... I'm really mad and they won't even answer me. EFF THIS IM SO PISSED IF THIS FAILS

hmm because I logged in through the webbrowser on my cell phone I am a "cheater" and I cant have my account reversed...
Thats awesome I mean really awesome...
Didnt see that rule in there but yeah great

[quote name='DrazenX']Yesterday I made an order for a 1600 ms point card. and today i get this crap

OK what kind of BS is this:

Dear Member,

We have reviewed your account and feel we need to collect additional information. We are wondering what the connection is between you and our member (someone on my refferral list).

Please take note that your account is NOT closed at the moment and this situation will not affect your balance or orders you might have placed at this moment.
Please provide us the additional information. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Mathijs de Jong
Points2Shop.com

My 1600 point card is still pending... I'm really mad and they won't even answer me. EFF THIS IM SO PISSED IF THIS FAILS[/QUOTE]

What's the problem? If they need more info..why don't you just provide it for them..?

[quote name='GAMING_GURU']hmm because I logged in through the webbrowser on my cell phone I am a "cheater" and I cant have my account reversed...
Thats awesome I mean really awesome...
Didnt see that rule in there but yeah great[/QUOTE]

That's a typical rule for freebie sites. You are only allowed to sign in on the PC that you signed up on. If your IP address changes, they can suspect cheating.
I just recently moved, I sent in a support ticket letting them know I moved so that's why my IP address is going to be different. I got a response in a day..and..yeah. Everything's fine. I ordered 4 games (Tomb Raider Anni, Zack & Wiki, Ghost Squad, and Mario Galaxy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back