Street Dates Explained?
CAG Veteran CAG Veteran 16 Posts Joined 10.9 Years Ago
Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:20 PM
Let's take the latest hot new video game "You Put your Dick in It II: Electric Boogaloo" and three stores for example:
1) Walmart, ToysRus, and Mom&Pop Local Retailer.
2) Now all things being equal, all three stores would have "YPyDii2" available for sale first thing Monday morning at 8am.
3) However Walmart has a nifty new Teleportation delivery system and their main shipping hub is next-door to the disc pressing plant for "YPyDii2" so the minute after the discs are shipped Walmart can get them on the shelf.
4) ToysRus in not so fortunate because they use a flying Giraffe based delivery system which takes between 2-3 days to arrive at the store.
5) Mom&Pop Local Retailer are even less fortunate because Pop has to drive his '85 Nissan Stanza up to Toronto and pick up his shipment himself and takes about 1 week to get there and back.
So as you can see Walmart, if left to thier own devices, will crush and destroy all competition like a Republican President looking for more oil.
Hence the "Street Date" concept was born.
But like kids in a playground the big kids will kick sand in the faces of the smaller kids everytime so they can have first go on the tire swing.
Ok this may be exaggerated but I think you get the point. Discs cannot arrive at all the stores at the same time so in all fairness they all must be made available at the same time.
Except the big kids will still kick you in the NizKnacks.
CAGiversary! CAGiversary! 51 Posts Joined 9.7 Years Ago
Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:26 AM
CAGiversary! CAGiversary! 337 Posts Joined 12.0 Years Ago
Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:32 AM
are you gunna be getting YPyDii2 a week before it comes out?
i get the game like a week before its release i work at gamestop as a manager
Shipwreck-"They mess with my McDonalds little person set, they're gunna get a little person in the head."